Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: DOJ Drops Case Against Flynn Even After He Pleads Guilty

13 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

I am positive you guys hate Trump more than we hate the Clintons.

Meh.

I have much more disdain for the Trump supporter who has convientently forgot the stringent standards they posed on the Exeuctive Office for the past 8 years (mustard on burgers WAS  a big scandal) in order to blindly support this administration who seems to have LEGITIMATE scandals/problems.

If Republicans and Conservatives held Trumps feet to the fire of accountability 1/100th of the time they did so to Obama....anti-Trump supporters would have little to whine about. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s not only astounding that you write this stuff about Hillary and Qatar without any evidence whatsoever, it’s even more astounding that you choose to do it at a time when we’re learning about actual HUGE scandal regarding Trump and Qatar, with real evidence. It’s like you’re living on your own planet. 

He really is.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s not only astounding that you write this stuff about Hillary and Qatar without any evidence whatsoever, it’s even more astounding that you choose to do it at a time when we’re learning about actual HUGE scandal regarding Trump and Qatar, with real evidence. It’s like you’re living on your own planet. 

His is an impenetrable mind, the most dangerous phenomenon, which will always invent the next richly layered house of logical cards, ignoring all the parts that fall down, blindly pointing to the three or four that are teetering as the foundation of a fortress.

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ren hoek said:

No, you see, Obama's DOJ didn't charge Clinton with any crimes, so she literally did nothing wrong.  There is nothing wrong with accepting millions of dollars from repressive states, like Qatar- a human rights powerhouse- and doling out multibillion dollar weapons deals as Secretary of State.  Nothing wrong with deleting thousands of emails under scrutiny from a laughably narrow FBI investigation.  She was not a neoliberal war criminal wrapped in Starbucks mom clothing, she was an angel sent from the heavens to protect democracy from Trump and Russia.  You can trust that investigations were conducted by the book to the fullest extent of the law in the middle of a contentious election season, Comey has an R next to his name, I mean come on bro.  

But if you're a Russian dude making facebook posts, hoo boy you better watch out!  You just punched yourself a one-way ticket to indictment town!  Justice has truly been served.  

You ever consider writing Twitter posts for the President?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s not only astounding that you write this stuff about Hillary and Qatar without any evidence whatsoever

The monarchy in Qatar had similarly been chastised by the State Department for a raft of human rights abuses. But that country donated to the Clinton Foundation while Hillary Clinton was running the State Department. During the three full budgetary years of her tenure, Qatar saw a 14-fold increase in State Department authorizations for direct commercial sales of military equipment and services, as compared to the same time period in Bush’s second term. The department also approved the Pentagon’s separate $750 million sale of multi-mission helicopters to Qatar. That deal would additionally employ as contractors three companies that have all supported the Clinton Foundation over the years: United Technologies, Lockheed Martin and General Electric.

http://www.ibtimes.com/clinton-foundation-donors-got-weapons-deals-hillary-clintons-state-department-1934187

It's right there if you just look at it.  

, it’s even more astounding that you choose to do it at a time when we’re learning about actual HUGE scandal regarding Trump and Qatar, with real evidence. It’s like you’re living on your own planet. 

Right.  So every Trump official past and present is being dragged over the coals for it.  Great.  

In a perfect world, every political actor with skeletons in their closet would face consequences, not just one uniquely unpopular administration.  The Trump admin isn't a connected political dynasty so the laws may actually end up applying to them.  

5 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

You ever consider writing Twitter posts for the President?

Still waiting for that Kremlin paycheck everyone keeps talking about 

4 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Right.  So every Trump official past and present is being dragged over the coals for it.  Great.  

In a perfect world, every political actor with skeletons in their closet would face consequences, not just one uniquely unpopular administration.  The Trump admin isn't a connected political dynasty so the laws may actually end up applying to them.  

I'd think that's a good thing, no? 

I'm all for looking into the Clinton Foundation. By all means. Lock her up and all that. In the meantime, let's do something about the current despotic family abusing the system - the one currently in power. 

I voted for Clinton with the hopes a republican congress would almost immediately impeach. Instead, we get a congress providing cover. If anything needs to change, it's that Congress has completely abdicated their Constitutional Checks and Balances.  That's the bigger systemic problem we are facing today IMO. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ren hoek said:

Still waiting for that Kremlin paycheck everyone keeps talking about 

They’re waiting until you can nail Hillary for Seth Rich’s murder. Go get ‘er.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Why must this thread constantly be shifted back to the Clintons?  I am confident that most anti-Trump people in this thread do not care at all if Hillary is investigated.  Probably don't care if she is indicted, prosecuted, or imprisoned.  If she committed a crime, by all means, charge her.  Same for Bill.  Same for the Obamas for that matter.  The Republicans have control of every lever of the government, with Mr. Magoo in charge of the DoJ.  If there is something there, I'm sure they'll find it.  None of that matters to the Mueller investigation, which is what this thread is about.  I believe there is a thread about the Clintons, go give it hell.  Let's stay on topic in here.

I'll even add that if the Mueller investigation starts interviewing, indicting, or charging Clinton campaign employees, then by all means, unleash right here in this thread.... about the Mueller investigation.   

• Like 12

"we're tired of the Clintons! Lifelong crooked dirty politicians! We just want them to go away! Get out of politics forever! No more Clintons anywhere near the White House!" 

... Does nothing but talk about the Clintons long after all the above wishes have been granted. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, John Bender said:

"we're tired of the Clintons! Lifelong crooked dirty politicians! We just want them to go away! Get out of politics forever! No more Clintons anywhere near the White House!" 

... Does nothing but talk about the Clintons long after all the above wishes have been granted. 

my link

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, John Bender said:

And looks the other way of all the cooked and dirty politics of Trump administration.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Republicans spent decades investigating Clintons for the biggest nothing burger of all time.

I like how he said the Obama DOJ didn’t charge her like she wasn’t investigated by an independent counsel, then there were eight years of Bush, then Congress under Republican control investigating her for years, and now a Republican DOJ. 

• Like 4

Can we get something pinned that says "Fine, investigate Clinton" in this forum and then summarily ignore any posts about it as it relates to Trump? 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ren hoek said:

Obama's DOJ didn't charge Clinton with any crimes, so she literally did nothing wrong. 

I want to point something out that I found rather interesting recently. If you look at the DOJ letter from Stephen Boyd objecting to the Nunes memo it uses very similar language to what Comey used to describe Hillary's use of a private server, "extremely reckless." However people feel about Trump or Hillary they acted very much like an independent agency, making the same determination for two different politicians in two parties across two different administrations. It's really impressive considering Boyd is not a DOJ lifer, he's a Trump appointee.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, honky kong said:

Can we get something pinned that says "Fine, investigate Clinton" in this forum and then summarily ignore any posts about it as it relates to Trump? 

The folks who always post stuff like that would quit making the same points if they were ignored. The last several pages just go to show that they won't stop. That's the whole point of fishing. We don't need anything pinned. We need people to stop feeding the trolls.

• Like 6

Just now, Rirruto said:

The folks who always post stuff like that would quit making the same points if they were ignored. The last several pages just go to show that they won't stop. That's the whole point of fishing. We don't need anything pinned. We need people to stop feeding the trolls.

The fact that any of you respond to Doddsman Bruiser is amazing to me.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

George Nader, Erik Prince, the United Arab Emirates, the Seychelles, Cambridge Analytica, and Robert Mueller.

https://twitter.com/rvawonk/status/970129292456755200

What I really like about where the investigation is now is that whenever I see Flynn or Papa's name pop up in one of these theories, I know that Mueller knows all about it. And that if it's true, it's being used as evidence against someone.

It's what made the Papadopolous preview that was reported/analyzed by justsecurity so satisfying. 

10 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

George Nader, Erik Prince, the United Arab Emirates, the Seychelles, Cambridge Analytica, and Robert Mueller.

Robert Mueller - draining the swamp!

Edited by honky kong
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rirruto said:

What I really like about where the investigation is now is that whenever I see Flynn or Papa's name pop up in one of these theories, I know that Mueller knows all about it. And that if it's true, it's being used as evidence against someone.

It's what made the Papadopolous preview that was reported/analyzed by justsecurity so satisfying. 

Might as well include Manafort in that since Gates knows everything he was up to.

And it sounds like there are potential cooperating witnesses not under investigation too.

If they did the things it sounds like they've done I have zero doubt Mueller's got the goods on them.  Based on recent reporting I expect many more indictments on the money laundering piece now. 

The big Q at this point IMO is how involved the Trump campaign was in the Russian election meddling.  And, if they were colluding, how widespread are the conspirators?  Nunes?  Rohrbacher?  Ryan?  FOX?  Rudy?  NY office of the FBI?  NRA?  etc.  I don't think the public reporting on that aspect has moved forward nearly as much as the financial stuff and a lot of it is still rumorish.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Nelly.  We’re going to need a bigger boat.

Note UAE’s role in the Qatar fiasco.  Another possible indicator that Kushner was doing his own bidding at cost of national security.

Edited by Mr. Ham

4 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Yes, stop trying to bring Trump into the conversation. This thread is about Hillary!

Always knew you were a smart dude.   :D

7 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Might as well include Manafort in that since Gates knows everything he was up to.

And it sounds like there are potential cooperating witnesses not under investigation too.

If they did the things it sounds like they've done I have zero doubt Mueller's got the goods on them.  Based on recent reporting I expect many more indictments on the money laundering piece now. 

The big Q at this point IMO is how involved the Trump campaign was in the Russian election meddling.  And, if they were colluding, how widespread are the conspirators?  Nunes?  Rohrbacher?  Ryan?  FOX?  Rudy?  NY office of the FBI?  NRA?  etc.  I don't think the public reporting on that aspect has moved forward nearly as much as the financial stuff and a lot of it is still rumorish.

Oh, absolutely. The wildest part about the Kushner/Qatar thing was the Qataris leaking that they thought about turning over evidence of Kushner's crimes to Mueller, but then decided against it. Like, WHAT?!?! And Kushner is going to show up for work tomorrow. At the White House. We're in such a bizarro world.

Breaking (even though it sounds almost like what we hear every day)

Mueller Subpoenas Communications With Trump and Inner Circle

A grand jury subpoena reviewed by Axios that special counsel Robert Mueller sent to a witness indicates that many in President Trump’s known inner circle, and the president himself, are within the scope of the Russia investigation. The list subpoenas “all communications—meaning emails, texts, handwritten notes, etc.—that this witness sent and received” to Carter Page, Corey Lewandowski, Donald J. Trump, Hope Hicks, Keith Schiller, Michael Cohen, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Roger Stone, and Steve Bannon. The subpoena calls for all communications to be turned over from Nov. 1, 2015—five months after the president first announced his campaign—to the present. All of the people listed were either part of the Trump campaign or are former and current employees of the Trump White House. The subpoenas come as those within Trump’s inner circle have been suspected of being within Mueller’s sight lines, and as Manafort and Gates have already been indicted by the special counsel, with Gates recently pleading guilty.

Special counsel Robert Mueller has reportedly shifted his focus in the ongoing Russia probe to a Lebanese-American businessman with ties to the United Arab Emirates who paid frequent visits to the White House last year. In recent weeks, investigators have questioned George Nader, who has presented himself as close to the Emirates' Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan, The New York Times reports. Members of Mueller's team also sought information from witnesses on any attempts by the Emiratis to secure political influence with Trump by funneling money to his presidential campaign, sources told the Times. It was not immediately clear if this new line of inquiry has any links to Russia. Nader, an obscure figure who served as a back-channel negotiator with Syria during the Clinton administration, is thought to have been backed by either Trump's former chief strategist Steve Bannon or senior White House adviser Jared Kushner, according to two different sources cited in the report.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Lawyerguys... assuming the WH fights this, what's the O/U on the resolution of the court case?

16 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Lawyerguys... assuming the WH fights this, what's the O/U on the resolution of the court case?

I’m not a lawyer, but based on the Supreme Court decision on Watergate, which I believe was 8-0, Mueller will eventually prevail. 

Just now, timschochet said:

I’m not a lawyer, but based on the Supreme Court decision on Watergate, which I believe was 8-0, Mueller will eventually prevail. 

I don't doubt that, but I expect a court will have to say it and I'm wondering how long that will take.

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

Donald J. Trump,

Thereyago. I hope Rhona is considered 'Donald J. Trump' but I guess they better be honest or else... you know...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Can’t wait for Trump to invite the conservative judges to meet him in the White House to lean on ‘em

• Like 1

who paid frequent visits to the White House last year

The White House fought like hell to keep their visitor logs private.

17 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I don't doubt that, but I expect a court will have to say it and I'm wondering how long that will take.

Nixon was subpoenaed in April.  By end of July the Supreme Court has ruled. 

But Mueller would have to be able to show a likelihood that someone currently under indictment may be implicated by the communications in order to use the Court’s reasoning in that case. 

And Nixon resigned two and a half weeks after the ruling. 

• Like 4

A grand jury subpoena reviewed by Axios that special counsel Robert Mueller sent to a witness indicates that many in President Trump’s known inner circle, and the president himself, are within the scope of the Russia investigation. The list subpoenas “all communications—meaning emails, texts, handwritten notes, etc.—that this witness sent and received” to Carter Page, Corey Lewandowski, Donald J. Trump, Hope Hicks, Keith Schiller, Michael Cohen, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Roger Stone, and Steve Bannon. The subpoena calls for all communications to be turned over from Nov. 1, 2015—five months after the president first announced his campaign—to the present. All of the people listed were either part of the Trump campaign or are former and current employees of the Trump White House. The subpoenas come as those within Trump’s inner circle have been suspected of being within Mueller’s sight lines, and as Manafort and Gates have already been indicted by the special counsel, with Gates recently pleading guilty.

Special counsel Robert Mueller has reportedly shifted his focus in the ongoing Russia probe to a Lebanese-American businessman with ties to the United Arab Emirates who paid frequent visits to the White House last year. In recent weeks, investigators have questioned George Nader, who has presented himself as close to the Emirates' Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan, The New York Times reports. Members of Mueller's team also sought information from witnesses on any attempts by the Emiratis to secure political influence with Trump by funneling money to his presidential campaign, sources told the Times. It was not immediately clear if this new line of inquiry has any links to Russia. Nader, an obscure figure who served as a back-channel negotiator with Syria during the Clinton administration, is thought to have been backed by either Trump's former chief strategist Steve Bannon or senior White House adviser Jared Kushner, according to two different sources cited in the report.

Is Mueller playing his cards too soon here? Doesn't this increase the likelihood of Trump finding a way to fire Mueller before he can finish connecting all the dots?

(cue entrance music for Dodds/Bozeman)

17 hours ago, msommer said:

Go right ahead.

Lock anyone up that is found to have committed criminal acts.

Report back due course

Good luck and Godspeed

BUT NOBODY HAS EVER INVESTIGATED TEH CINTONS!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

The subpoena calls for all communications to be turned over from Nov. 1, 2015...

Get out your timelines kids:

>>While Donald Trump was running for president in late 2015 and early 2016, his company was pursuing a plan to develop a massive Trump Tower in Moscow, according to several people familiar with the proposal and new records reviewed by Trump Organization lawyers.

As part of the discussions, a Russian-born real estate developer urged Trump to come to Moscow to tout the proposal and suggested that he could get President Vladimir Putin to say “great things” about Trump, according to several people who have been briefed on his correspondence.

The developer, Felix Sater, predicted in a November 2015 email that he and Trump Organization leaders would soon be celebrating — both one of the biggest residential projects in real estate history and Donald Trump’s election as president, according to two of the people with knowledge of the exchange.

Sater wrote to Trump Organization Executive Vice President Michael Cohen “something to the effect of, ‘Can you believe two guys from Brooklyn are going to elect a president?’ ” said one person briefed on the email exchange.<<

8/27/17 WaPo.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

State Dept. Was Granted $120 Million to Fight Russian Meddling. It Has Spent $0.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/world/europe/state-department-russia-global-engagement-center.html

This must be fake news. That doesn’t sound like Trump, at all. He has been tougher on Russia than Obama. The toughest.

3 hours ago, cosjobs said:

The list subpoenas “all communications—meaning emails, texts, handwritten notes, etc.—that this witness sent and received” to Carter Page, Corey Lewandowski, Donald J. Trump, Hope Hicks, Keith Schiller, Michael Cohen, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Roger Stone, and Steve Bannon.

I'm not sure where you got this but it seems slightly off. This is what Axios actually says:

>>Mueller is subpoenaing all communications — meaning emails, texts, handwritten notes, etc. — that this witness sent and received regarding the following people:<<

- Note it says "regarding" these folks, not just by/between these folks. 

Axios.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I'm not sure where you got this but it seems slightly off. This is what Axios actually says:

>>Mueller is subpoenaing all communications — meaning emails, texts, handwritten notes, etc. — that this witness sent and received regarding the following people:<<

- Note it says "regarding" these folks, not just by/between these folks. 

Axios.

Interesting that Don Jr and Kushner aren't on that list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [scooter] said:

Is Mueller playing his cards too soon here? Doesn't this increase the likelihood of Trump finding a way to fire Mueller before he can finish connecting all the dots?

(cue entrance music for Dodds/Bozeman)

Maybe all the dots are connected and he’s just trying to strengthen the case. Maybe he wants Trump to fire or at least try to fire him because that will put a nice bow on the obstruction case.

The thought that Mueller is doing anything that isn’t completely thought out and could potentially be damaging to his case hasn’t crossed my mind. He’s got a team of lawyers who are the best in their respective fields going up against Stupid Watergate. I think I know who I’m putting my money behind.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Indestructible said:

Interesting that Don Jr and Kushner aren't on that list.

Yeah true, but for starters one of them could have been the recipient of the subpoena (so their name wouldn't be on it).

Russia Intervened and stopped Romney from being named SOS?

NOT A PUPPET. NOT A PUPPET

Justin Hendrix‏Verified account @justinhendrix

FollowFollow @justinhendrix

More

"The official said that he was merely relaying talk circulating in the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but what he’d heard was astonishing: people were saying that the Kremlin had intervened to block Trump’s initial choice for Secretary of State, Mitt Romney."

Edited by Bacon is Delicious
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, cosjobs said:

the one name missing from that list is Kushner...

Is Trump rage tweeting about the investigation because of something that happened this weekend or something that is coming out today?

At least this part of his presidency is fun. 

• Like 1