What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (11 Viewers)

I feel like you're not watching the same thing the rest of us are.
It’s over good buddy, full quote-

Mueller: I do not question Barr's good faith in how he decided to release the Report. I am voluntarily deciding not to testify before Congress because I have nothing to say beyond what is in my Report and what I just said.

He doesn’t get say in that. Congress can subpoena him. 
He’s already stated that his testimony would be limited to the contents of his report.   Underlying work product is out of his hands at this point.  He just cut the legs out from under them on additional testimony.

This seems to be the usual direction.  Claim things are the complete opposite of what everyone else is watching.

Like in these hearings claiming someone is owning the libs when they are looking very bad for themselves.

Very odd.
Well that's kind of the problem.  Mueller won't come out and say "yeah he probably committed a crime, congress really needs to charge him" so Trump and his crew/Fox are going to spin it and control the narrative, just like they did with the Mueller report originally.

So he basically just summarized the summaries of the report and then said that he thinks the report speaks for itself and he chooses not to testify further.

Even if he is subpoenaed, it sounds like his answers would consist entirely of either (a) “the answer is in the report; I’ll direct you there” or (b) “I can’t answer that, which is why it’s not in the report.”

I agree with him that the report speaks for itself. The problem is that people won’t read it. That’s why Netflix needs to quickly make a dramatization of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look this may be enough to make the public change their mind on impeachment; we’ll have to see. But if they don’t, if the majority of the public still doesn’t want impeachment, then Pelosi won’t move, IMO. 

So he basically just summarized the summaries of the report and then said that he thinks the report speaks for itself and he chooses not to testify further.

Even if he is subpoenaed, it sounds like his answers would consist entirely of either (a) “the answer is in the report; I’ll direct you there” or (b) “I can’t answer that, which is why it’s not in the report.”

I agree with him that the report speaks for itself. The problem is hat people won’t read it. That’s why Netflix needs to quickly make a dramatization of it.
"I'm just here so I don't get fined."

Seems to me that Trump and his supporters have 2 choices here: 

1. Try to interpret Mueller’s words in such a way as to continue to make Trump look innocent. 

2. All out attack against Mueller as a Trump hater and a liar. 

Which way will they go? 

1. Try to interpret Mueller’s words in such a way as to continue to make Trump look innocent. 

Which way will they go? 
they can and will do both.

"no underlying crime!!!!"

Which way will they go? 
Or just sit back and wait.  Congress should impeach, but I don't believe the public has an appetite for that.  Trump knows that and will play the victim if they start proceedings.  If they don't he will use it as confirmation that it was all a witch hunt.  

Mueller is too scared to testify because he would get exposed by Republicans.  Not surprising at all.  This press conference did nothing to help the Dems and if they move forward with impeachment it will solidify 4 more years of Trump.

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
Look this may be enough to make the public change their mind on impeachment; we’ll have to see. But if they don’t, if the majority of the public still doesn’t want impeachment, then Pelosi won’t move, IMO. 
Pelosi is punting to the public on a complicated topic where the public is taking its cues from politicians instead of reading and analyzing everything for themselves?

There’s a paradox of sorts in there.

By starting from the DOJ memo that a sitting President can’t be indicted and that even a conclusion that he committed a crime would be unfair, they switched the focus from “did the President commit a crime” to “is there sufficient evidence to show that the President did not commit a crime.”

That seems very difficult to prove, which is why we have a presumption of innocence and a high burden of proof for guilt.

I don’t see this as a call for impeachment or even an implication that Trump may have committed a crime.  He also made it clear that they could have charged co-conspirators.   They didn’t.   

Users who are viewing this thread