What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (4 Viewers)

I noticed Stein's attendance before the inauguration IIRC, been a LONG time since that's been known.

shes as treacherous and self dealing a traitor as the rest until I'm shown otherwise. Faux left scum. 
Russian trolls were pimping Stein to help Trump.   Taking left wing votes from Clinton.
Wonder how much of the "Bernie got screwed" narrative was invented by Russian trolls.

So, I just found out there was an email sent from someone to high ranking Republicans and those high ranking Republicans “knew” more than they have stated? No wonder they are trying to ram this tax thing through, if/when more info comes out, there may very well be a backlash against each name mentioned. Get this thing signed with the blood ink of the Russians/sponsors and by the time next elections come around, these high ranking Republicans will simply wash their hands with the oncoming recession. 

Talk about un-f••••••-real and un-f••••••American these people are. Burn in hell and enjoy your Russian vacation homes. Queue the Democrats to clean this crap up and get the blame at the same time. By the way, kick Gorsuch off the court since he is an illegimate judge sitting on the court. Call up Garland. 
What is this?

Jeez completely off his rocker tonight.  He’s pathetic at this point and the Republican Congress is just as pathetic for not standing up to him.

Tim, there is very little reason for anyone who disagrees with the mob here to engage.

Go check the responses to my post. Many were just trolling, mocking, or putting me on ignore (lol).

Not a single comment about the fact that ABC made up the story about Flynn being ordered by candidate Trump to speak with Russia.

Several posters did address my post claiming that Flynn even talking to Russia was somehow illegal or a violation of the Logan act.

Interesting video here of Obama's state department stating that there was no problem at all with the transition team speaking to foreign nations:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/936962187846934528/video/1

REPORTER: “This building [the Obama State Department] doesn’t see anything necessarily inappropriate in contact between members of the incoming [Trump] administration and foreign officials, no matter what country they’re from?“

OBAMA STATE DEPT SPOKESPERSON: “No, no…and again this has been ongoing. We have no problem with them doing such on their own.”

Also, in response to their monumental #### up yesterday ABC has suspended Brian Ross for 4 weeks:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/937092007046066176?s=17

It would be tremendous if actual discussion took place here but 90% of the posts are just wishful conspiracy theories and anyone who dares to disagree is mocked, put on ignore, or reported to admin.

I am not complaining, that is the culture here and I accept it, just pointing out why most smart people stay away from the political forum if they have a differing opinion.

My only reason for posting last night and now are to share relevant facts that haven't seemed to have made it into this little community.

-ABC fabricated the story about Flynn contacting Russia prior to election

-ABC suspended the reporter for a month

-Obamas state department was okay with Trump's transition team speaking with foreign countries

If one is aware of these facts it makes the last 20 pages of this thread look ridiculous.

I see the champagne is gone tonight and we’ve drifted into alex jones territory.  Not a good day for the pitchfork crew huh?
And 3..2..1 Trump announces that maybe 22% would be plenty for the Corp. Tax. That should make the congress/senate reconciliation even slower and more mucked up than it was already going to be. Can't help but wonder if Trump senses that once they pass the cut, they really don't need him anymore.

Tim, there is very little reason for anyone who disagrees with the mob here to engage.

Go check the responses to my post. Many were just trolling, mocking, or putting me on ignore (lol).

Not a single comment about the fact that ABC made up the story about Flynn being ordered by candidate Trump to speak with Russia.

Several posters did address my post claiming that Flynn even talking to Russia was somehow illegal or a violation of the Logan act.

Interesting video here of Obama's state department stating that there was no problem at all with the transition team speaking to foreign nations:

REPORTER: “This building [the Obama State Department] doesn’t see anything necessarily inappropriate in contact between members of the incoming [Trump] administration and foreign officials, no matter what country they’re from?“

OBAMA STATE DEPT SPOKESPERSON: “No, no…and again this has been ongoing. We have no problem with them doing such on their own.”

Also, in response to their monumental #### up yesterday ABC has suspended Brian Ross for 4 weeks:

It would be tremendous if actual discussion took place here but 90% of the posts are just wishful conspiracy theories and anyone who dares to disagree is mocked, put on ignore, or reported to admin.

I am not complaining, that is the culture here and I accept it, just pointing out why most smart people stay away from the political forum if they have a differing opinion.

My only reason for posting last night and now are to share relevant facts that haven't seemed to have made it into this little community.

-Obamas state department was okay with Trump's transition team speaking with foreign countries

If one is aware of these facts it makes the last 20 pages of this thread look ridiculous.
:goodposting:

1. Of course there, in theory, is no problem with a member of an incoming administration talking to a foreign nation.  Unless it that discussion is unethical and/or totally freaking illegal.

2. ABC screwed up and then took measures to  to atone for their mistake (or correct).  

Imagine this:

A male friend of yours asks you if he can have your wife’s number so he can talk to your wife about something work/career related.

Then you find out he propositioned your wife and sent her pics of his wang.

When you confront him his defense is “Bro! You said I could talk to her.”

I guess you’re cool with it.

1. Of course there, in theory, is no problem with a member of an incoming administration talking to a foreign nation.  Unless it that discussion is unethical and/or totally freaking illegal.

2. ABC screwed up and then took measures to  to atone for their mistake (or correct).  
The fact that it was corrected within a day gives me more confidence in the media. It was a mistake and it cost the reporter. As to transition teams meeting with foreign ambassadors that is no problem until you try to negotiate new deals contrary to the current administration. Then it becomes a HUGE problem. NY Times is reporting some other members of the transition team knew from emails (that I am betting Mueller's has) that Flynn was talking about Russian sanctions. Kushner and Preibes are being mentioned as possible members who received emails

Last edited by a moderator:
The ridiculous thing about this is that the ABC report never entered the discussion here. People didn't rely on it, didn't run with it and it's not part of the discussion now. Nationally, maybe early in the morning, not sure, but the error seems to have had no lasting effect on people's understanding of the facts. 

How did Fox react after the bogus Seth Rich stories?
Fox was so bad on this their story was run without a byline. 

Amazing that the AP story from a week or so ago that around 80 government and political targets were hacked wasn't run on Fox. And I only say that because gosh I'd certainly love to know how Seth was able to zip around D.C. and the nation leaking from so many targets at once. I'd really love to hear about that.

Obamas state department was okay with Trump's transition team speaking with foreign countries.
This gets raised repeatedly and every single time the question is: why did Flynn lie about it to the FBI?
Well, you're skipping over the other obvious question, which is: was Obama's state department okay with discussing a quid-pro-quo?

But I understand why you're not asking that question, since the 62 Percenters know that the answer is a resounding, "HELL NO".

Well, you're skipping over the other obvious question, which is: was Obama's state department okay with discussing a quid-pro-quo?

But I understand why you're not asking that question, since the 62 Percenters know that the answer is a resounding, "HELL NO".
Yes, and we know this because when asked on Sunday tv on CBS Pence admitted to the Flynn discussions but denied that they were about sanctions. Whether Flynn lied to Pence or Pence lied to us we'll find out but obviously as you say the nature of the conversation was key.

Here's some more background on why the Obama administration never would have been ok with this.

This is bull####. I cite PBS, Taibbi, Law Library Journal, Forbes, Bloomberg, WaPo, all in non op-eds and get laughed at and asked if I'm drinking and all sorts of garbage. I admit I'm tired and go to bed. 

I wake up: ABC makes up news, gets suspended for a month, and Bozeman gets accused of not engaging. 

No wonder this forum tends to stink like fish. 

Great ####### post, brother. You rock on.  

This is bull####. I cite PBS, Taibbi, Law Library Journal, Forbes, Bloomberg, WaPo, all in non op-eds and get laughed at and asked if I'm drinking and all sorts of garbage. I admit I'm tired and go to bed. 

I wake up: ABC makes up news, gets suspended for a month, and Bozeman gets accused of not engaging. 

No wonder this forum tends to stink like fish. 
That poster has less that 100 posts.  all of which spout nonsense conspiracy theories from mostly the same people behind the PizzaGate fraud.  He does not engage in any debate.  It is an obvious alias that someone uses to spread misinformation and does not what it associated with their real user name.   Don't insult yourself by throwing your lot in with his, GB

The ABC news reporter screwed up and was repudiated.  That in no way takes away from the validity of what actually happened, Flynn pled guilty.

And it's so bizarre to me that Trump supporters focus solely on what Flynn pled guilty to not never mention all the other more serious charges he could have been charged with.  Did Mueller just suddenly decide that Flynn shouldn't have been charged with them?  He was actively working for a foreign government while part of a presidential campaign for ####s sake.  There's also the kidnapping plot plus a few others plus his son's wrongdoings.  Then there's the tiny fact that he's cooperating with Mueller.

Why does none of this get talked about by Trump supporters?  They act like what he pled guilty to is the only charge that was possible?  So strange and disingenuous. 

Been meaning to look this up for awhile. 

Dodds pulled his predictions from Fantasy Pros two years ago after falling from typical finishes in the top 10% into the middle of the pack for two years running.
The Deep State kept forcing the guys he rated highly to tank.

I had the pleasure of watching some Fox & Friends this morning, which featured Al Dershowitz. Here are the marching orders:

• It wasn't illegal.
  • There's nothing else, wrap it up.
  • Gosh this is costing an awful lot of money for a 'lying to FBI' charge.
Are we surprised?  The standard Trump team response progression is:

1. It didn't happen.
2. OK, maybe it happened, but it was because Trump was new to politics and didn't know he shouldn't do that. That isn't illegal.
3. Well, if it was illegal, it was Obama's fault.
4. Emails and Benghazi.

-So a few weeks ago President Trump called our justice system "a joke and a laughingstock". When S H Sanders was asked why he said this she fabricated a story that he actually said " that the process has people calling our justice system a laughingstock "

-President Trump tweeted Videos from a British Muslim hate group one of which is fake of a Dutch boy that has yet to be retracted several days after tweeted

I could give you all many more examples of misinformation from this administration. You all must be fuming and outraged over this or is making sure the facts are correct hypocritically just a one way street for you that only the media is required to do?

Put it this way - if you have a normal distribution of people in the FBI, ~ 33% of the agents approve of Trump, and ~62% of the agents disapprove of Trump.  :shrug:

I've heard complaints - but I am not sure I follow the logic.

Would Forgetful Jeff prefer that Mueller keeps people on the team if they show a anti-Trump bias?
Yes, obviously transferring an agent who even privately expressed bias would logically be proof of an ethically tight ship, but logic would not play a role in any action by Trump & Sessions against Mueller. I mean same people canned Comey allegedly for being too mean to Hillary and yet they complain she should be locked up now. It's pretzel logic at best.

-So a few weeks ago President Trump called our justice system "a joke and a laughingstock". When S H Sanders was asked why he said this she fabricated a story that he actually said " that the process has people calling our justice system a laughingstock "

-President Trump tweeted Videos from a British Muslim hate group one of which is fake of a Dutch boy that has yet to be retracted several days after tweeted

I could give you all many more examples of misinformation from this administration. You all must be fuming and outraged over this or is making sure the facts are correct hypocritically just a one way street for you that only the media is required to do?
Exceptional post.

Put it this way - if you have a normal distribution of people in the FBI, ~ 33% of the agents approve of Trump, and ~62% of the agents disapprove of Trump.  :shrug:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Trump's current tweets probably aren't doing much to improve the old approval numbers.   :lmao:

What's the goal here? Get everyone thinking the FBI is a mess, so that Flynn lying to them was the right thing to do?

I can't follow this 3D chess.

Users who are viewing this thread