Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: DOJ Drops Case Against Flynn Even After He Pleads Guilty

4 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Tweetstorms are bad, here's why.

1/89

Yeah I try keeping up on Abramson's Tweets but I get lost pretty quickly when he goes off like this.

16 minutes ago, packersfan said:

Yeah I try keeping up on Abramson's Tweets but I get lost pretty quickly when he goes off like this.

Same here. I've started pasting the thread links in Thread reader app and it works well. Still a PITA but it's readable. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, packersfan said:

It's not just the readability issues for me.  I think the format makes it easier for him to fudge some of his conclusions.  That's kind of counter-intuitive because you'd think when something is delivered via 90 discrete declaratory sentences/short paragraphs, you'd be able to easily isolate the falsehoods, exaggerations, or assumptions.  That's why many courts require numbered statements of fact in dispositive pleadings.

But he just combines the argument with the statements of fact and does all the argument is a super conclusory way.  Such that you sometimes miss that its argument at all.  

• Like 3

Based on all I've heard about his time at the FEC, it kills me that Don McGahn is being portrayed as the most ethical lawyer in this story.  I'd really love to read the Stephen Miller draft that was so partisan that McGahn wouldn't sign off on it.  

• Like 3

Long history of investigation into Trump's money laundering

mentioned several times in a '92 report by the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations re Asian organized crime, particularly employees linked to 14K Triad

https://twitter.com/deedeesSay/status/932452671889473536

Edited by cosjobs

57 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Based on all I've heard about his time at the FEC, it kills me that Don McGahn is being portrayed as the most ethical lawyer in this story.  I'd really love to read the Stephen Miller draft that was so partisan that McGahn wouldn't sign off on it.  

To be fair, he is more ethical than Michael Cohen.

Looks like Gates' lawyer may have a potential conflict in that Mueller may want testimony from one Steven Brown.  Brown is charged in the SDNY with money laundering in relation to a movie production company he ran that used Gates' money and what seems like Ukrainian connection.  This is also one of the reason Gates' is having trouble making bail since one of the people he put up for surety was Steven Brown's brother.  The filing doesn't explicitly say it, but I won't be shocked if Brown got swept up when they were following Gates' money.  

https://twitter.com/Alt_Spicerlies/status/932697605758439424

4 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

Looks like Gates' lawyer may have a potential conflict in that Mueller may want testimony from one Steven Brown.  Brown is charged in the SDNY with money laundering in relation to a movie production company he ran that used Gates' money and what seems like Ukrainian connection.  This is also one of the reason Gates' is having trouble making bail since one of the people he put up for surety was Steven Brown's brother.  The filing doesn't explicitly say it, but I won't be shocked if Brown got swept up when they were following Gates' money.  

this thing is never going to end if they start tracing the origins and destinations of all the Trump, Kushner, Manafort, Gates, Flynn, etc. transactions...

3 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Brasilmagic

@Brasilmagic

"If he's impeached, it will renew my faith in our government. If he is struck by lightning, it will renew my faith in God." ~ Arlene La Hera

Thanks, I will be tracking this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I would love to read a Stephen King draft about this administration. 

31 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Right!  It's a great "Best Ballet Dancer in Galveston" story.

Not a believer in the Galveston cultural arts?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, prefontaine said:

Not a believer in the Galveston cultural arts?

Dickens Weekend down?

• Like 3

Whoa. Tell us how you really feel.

Counterchekist‏ @counterchekist 6m6 minutes ago

Hey @GOP @HouseGOP, Donald tRUmp personally profited from human trafficking operations around the world. His properties are a laundromat for organized crime + govt corruption all over the world. And he’s on tape raping/abusing minors. Tapes are with NATO allies. IMPEACH HIM. NOW

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Very provocative move by Mueller. He must be feeling awfully comfortable with what he knows at this point.

I keep coming back to Trump's character.  Which is very very suspect.  

Is it plausible that he'd sell out the American Democracy for power?  Sure, that's completely in character for him.  

14 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

I keep coming back to Trump's character.  Which is very very suspect.  

Is it plausible that he'd sell out the American Democracy for power?  Sure, that's completely in character for him.  

He's been sh*****g all over it since he was sworn in. So I think we know the answer to that. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Very provocative move by Mueller. He must be feeling awfully UNcomfortable (but confident) with what he knows at this point.

FYP.  My guess is Mueller is hardly comfortable with the malfeasance and worse that he knows at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

Whoa. Tell us how you really feel.

Counterchekist‏ @counterchekist 6m6 minutes ago

Hey @GOP @HouseGOP, Donald tRUmp personally profited from human trafficking operations around the world. His properties are a laundromat for organized crime + govt corruption all over the world. And he’s on tape raping/abusing minors. Tapes are with NATO allies. IMPEACH HIM. NOW

To quote Dieter Sprockets: "Your set up has become tiresome, play it."

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sammy3469 said:

Cute, defendant is defended by a suspect.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

49 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

The scarier thing I learned from that article is that Fox is trying to get its tentacles into other countries. This propaganda machine is trying to go world wide. We could have tea parties and Trumps everywhere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

The scarier thing I learned from that article is that Fox is trying to get its tentacles into other countries. This propaganda machine is trying to go world wide. We could have tea parties and Trumps everywhere.

Their bull####, fraudulent and outright dangerous tactics have already been denied in Canada, seems to be going the same way in the U.K.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Dickens Weekend down?

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, y’all.

• Like 1

This whole McMaster stuff that keeps popping up smells awfully :fishy: Seems like someone doesn't want him around Trump.

Just now, Bucky86 said:

This whole McMaster stuff that keeps popping up smells awfully :fishy: Seems like someone doesn't want him around Trump.

Himself?

:coffee:

Just now, Koya said:

Himself?

:coffee:

:shrug: Dunno. Sounds like he COULD be a real patriot, but I'm not sure. The "leaks" of him talking crap about Dump sound fake.

1 minute ago, Bucky86 said:

:shrug: Dunno. Sounds like he COULD be a real patriot, but I'm not sure. The "leaks" of him talking crap about Dump sound fake.

I agree, definitely shady in that everyone I know seems to suggest he is too smart and too careful even if he was to be that loose with lips.  Doesn't add up, and perhaps there is someone trying to light a fire under Trump to act.

1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

I don’t know if these reports are real or not, but McMaster is a real patriot.  

The entire Bannon wing despises both McMaster and Kelly for their traditional Republican interventionist foreign policy views.

Edited by Coeur de Lion
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, packersfan said:

He's been sh*****g all over it since he was sworn in. So I think we know the answer to that. 

Exactly.  Such a disgrace in so many ways.  Very indicative of the erosion of dignity in America.  

14 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

UK already has Farage.  He'd fit right in with Hannity and Tucker

Some snippets on the forthcoming book on Steele and the dossier ("Collusion"). I think the point that Steele denied Putin the brass ring he was grabbing for, quietly but suddenly lifting sanctions when Trump came, is worthwhile.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

FollowFollow @kylegriffin1

More

Erik Prince, the ex-head of Blackwater and brother of Betsy DeVos, has been scheduled to testify before the House Intelligence Committee next week.

:pickle: This'll be a good one.

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

FollowFollow @kylegriffin1

More

Erik Prince, the ex-head of Blackwater and brother of Betsy DeVos, has been scheduled to testify before the House Intelligence Committee next week.

:pickle: This'll be a good one.

It was just one beer...in the Seychelles...while I looked longingly in his piercing, icy, czarist eyes...love at first sight (and by love I mean the biggest, most bad-est mercenary force in the world

https://twitter.com/ErinBurnett/status/894728814671966209

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

This whole McMaster stuff that keeps poopping up smells awfully :fishy: Seems like someone doesn't want him around Trump.

29 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

It was just one beer...in the Seychelles...while I looked longingly in his piercing, icy, czarist eyes...love at first sight (and by love I mean the biggest, most bad-est mercenary force in the world

https://twitter.com/ErinBurnett/status/894728814671966209

Russia playbook:  it was nothing...I didn't even know who I was meeting with...total waste of time...don't even remember what was discussed....

2 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

Isn't it great that a Congressman is considered an asset of a foreign power?

Everyone's seeing how much it helped Trump and want in on all the fun.

• Like 1

Rob Goldstone claims he was just a "useful idiot".

link

"I should have listened to that little voice in my head. I remember specifically saying to Emin: you know, we probably shouldn't get involved in this."

6 minutes ago, VandyMan said:

Rob Goldstone claims he was just a "useful idiot".

link

Oh, Rob.  You weren't that useful.

• Like 9