What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (6 Viewers)

sho’s shtick  :thumbup:
Whatever. It’s kind of dumb. If you disagree with anything I wrote, you’re welcome to defend yourself. If you want to actually discuss issues for once, you’re welcome to do that too;  I would enjoy it. 

But if all you’re going to do is continue to spend your time cutting other people, then I wish you’d go away. I don’t have any power to make you do anything but I don’t see what purpose you serve here if you have no interest in actual discussion. 

Whatever. It’s kind of dumb. If you disagree with anything I wrote, you’re welcome to defend yourself. If you want to actually discuss issues for once, you’re welcome to do that too;  I would enjoy it. 

But if all you’re going to do is continue to spend your time cutting other people, then I wish you’d go away. I don’t have any power to make you do anything but I don’t see what purpose you serve here if you have no interest in actual discussion. 
He has no opinion on the Mueller investigation, it’s cool.

Seems to me you’re the one cutting other people. 

please stop. I’m ibegging you.

Sorry beaver cleaver, but I’d love to figure out if you are a contrarian, an anarchist, or an educated something in between. The call out tonight and your responses bring that question to (my) the forefront imo.

I wonder if it is just dopamine from getting a notification that is driving some of this behavior.  Not for this thread to discuss though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:  Thread Title :lmao:  

We have news of White House Counsel participating in obstruction of justice AND handwritten notes from Reince Priebus that seem to corroborate Comey's contemporaneous notes about his meetings with Trump.  

Not to mention DC and NY are one-party consent for audio recordings of conversations.  So if Wolff really does have hours of tapes of his interviews for Fire and Fury, those might end up being used in the Mueller investigation as well.

Jake Tapper‏Verified account @jaketapper

FollowFollow @jaketapper

More

Source close to White House tells me that Bannon was “aware of the fact that WH counsel misled POTUS about his authority to fire Comey” — which was in NYT story last night — and notes that the NYT story appeared after POTUS began attacking Bannon publicly.

7:16 AM - 5 Jan 2018
It is never fun when you have a boss so stupid/crazy that you have to lie to him for his own good.

just musing....what if Russia was behind Trump getting elected AND is now part of the scheme to completely discredit Trump and the US?

Putin => 14178-D Level Chess Grandmaster

just musing....what if Russia was behind Trump getting elected AND is now part of the scheme to completely discredit Trump and the US?

I think this is really Bannon's scheme to discredit Trump and then pick up the pieces of the Republican party (something like the Know Nothings from the 1850s).  Whether it works is another matter.  

It’s a 31 page indictment that covers activities from 2006 to 2017. 
Looks like a money laundry charge with most of the stuff before 2015.  I'm sure you are aware more than most that an indictment is mostly shock & awe that will cover everything and anything.   whatever, if you want to read something into it that I don't see(IMO), like collusion with Russia to alter the election.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/30/full-text-paul-manafort-indictment-244307

FollowFollow @jaketapper

More

Source close to White House tells me that Bannon was “aware of the fact that WH counsel misled POTUS about his authority to fire Comey” — which was in NYT story last night — and notes that the NYT story appeared after POTUS began attacking Bannon publicly.

a signal to Trump to "tap the brakes" a bit on the attacks since he has a lot of info he can leak and isn't afraid to leak it (as we've seen over the past year).

FollowFollow @jaketapper

More

I'm not sure how to read this Tweet.  Does it mean that Bannon told the NYT about WH counsel's tactics in a response to Trump's attacks on Bannon?

Ken Dilanian‏Verified account @KenDilanianNBC

FollowFollow @KenDilanianNBC

More

A U.S. official tells me WH counsel McGahn and other WH officials called Sessions to urge him not to recuse from Russia investigation--partially confirming NYT, WashPost, AP reports.

6:05 AM - 5 Jan 2018
No obstruction though...right?

Looks like a money laundry charge with most of the stuff before 2015.  I'm sure you are aware more than most that an indictment is mostly shock & awe that will cover everything and anything.   whatever, if you want to read something into it that I don't see(IMO), like collusion with Russia to alter the election.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/30/full-text-paul-manafort-indictment-244307
Do you think the US should prosecute money laundering as a crime?  If so, why not prosecute here?  If not, why not simply remove the laws from the books?

The Trump Organization has provided documents on a range of events, conversations and meetings from President Donald Trump's real estate business to investigators probing Russian election meddling, according to three people familiar with the matter.

The bulk of the information is focused on the period between June 2015, when Trump announced his candidacy, and his January 2017 inauguration.

The information provided in 2017 to special counsel Robert Mueller's team and congressional investigators so far involves the activities of the company's executives as well as meetings and events, including emails and calendar entries, mostly connected to campaign-related matters, according to two of the sources.

The Trump Organization produced records that include information related to the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting, the billionaire Agalarov family of Russia, head of the US-based Russian American Chamber of Commerce Sergei Millian, a paid speech Donald Trump Jr. gave in October 2016 to a Russia-friendly policy think tank in Paris, Trump's foreign policy address in April 2016 at Washington's Mayflower Hotel and communications regarding WikiLeaks, two of the sources said.

The requests so far have not included financial information from previous years of Trump's business, according to the two sources. In July, the President warned in an interview with The New York Times that his financial dealings were a red line that investigators shouldn't cross
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/politics/trump-organization-documents-robert-mueller-russia-investigators/index.html

that's great but how could you possibly even a little sure of what they're turning over is all of it considering their track record over the past 2 years.  They've lied, twisted and distorted without end so why would they stop now if it will inc...even when Mueller went and got the emails a couple weeks back directly from the gov't during the transition...Trump and his team was pissed because they were expecting to turn over emails but were only going to give them a portion and were going to hold back a number of I'm sure more salacious/incriminating emails due to various privileges....I see know reason why they wouldn't play the same games with these documents.  They have to ask for them but I really wouldn't expect much... 

"In September 2016, after numerous recent press reports concerning MANAFORT, the Department of Justice informed MANAFORT, GATES, and DMI that it sought to determine whether they had acted as agents of a foreign principal under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), without registering. In November 2016 and February 2017, MANAFORT, GATES, and DMI caused false and misleading letters to be submitted to the Department of Justice, which mirrored the false cover story set out above."

"As a result of his false representations, in March 2016 the bank provided MANAFORT a loan for approximately $3,185,000."

There are a bunch of 2015 and 2016 allegations.  Keep in mind, as well, that the indictment is not all possible charges that could be brought against Manafort.  I don't read "Russian collusion into hacking the DNC server" into it, but I absolutely read "Russian collusion in Ukraine and likely in U.S. money laundering" into it.

I'm sure that's basically true - Russia doesn't care as much about the outcome so long as it's chaotic.  They are, dare I say, trolling

Do you think the US should prosecute money laundering as a crime?  If so, why not prosecute here?  If not, why not simply remove the laws from the books?
Because, while money laundering should still be illegal, actually prosecuting it takes valuable law enforcement resources away from more important things like recreational marijuana use.  Duh.

The story about the lawyer from the WH Counsel's office not correcting the record is extraordinary, but I think it speaks far worse of that lawyer than Trump.  A good lawyer certainly should provide counsel that extends beyond just what the law requires.  But you can't let your client operate with a misunderstanding of the law, even if you worry that your client will do something stupid if he understands what he's legally allowed to do. 

And shielding Trump from the actual state of the law didn't really protect him.  He had access to lots of other lawyers who could tell him the FBI Director served at the pleasure of the President.  The professional approach is to start with that fact and then make it clear that while that is true, certain circumstances can provide a pretty big "BUT"  To mention that Nixon had the power to remove Archibald Cox, but that doing so for an improper purpose can be considered abuse of office and that's something that makes it into articles of impeachment.  And to mention that that even if firing Comey is lawful, it can still be considered as evidence when trying to determine the context of other actions.  So that if there were to be questions about whether Trump asked a witness to lie to the FBI, the Comey firing would be part of the prism through which a Grand Jury would look at the other conduct.  And when 5 or 10 actions that could either be construed as lawful or an attempt to stop an investigation before it reaches Trump or his closest associates exist, the sheer volume of those ambiguous actions make it more likely that they will be interpreted in the least favorable light.  

Users who are viewing this thread