What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (6 Viewers)

Today is a "skeleton day" in my court due to the weather, and I'm the only poor sap with a hearing, so I'm the only one in the office.  I've been having a great time laughing my ### off with you guys.

Between the nicknames, Gorilla channel, and Trump Tweet thread, I'm dying here.  :lmao:

Graham is NO BETTER than the rest of these traitors. 

Just don't see how I'll ever vote GOP on any level again. The whole Party is corrupt and culpable, and supporting them supports all they stand for, without excuse. 
Agree 100%.  It's been this way for awhile now buddy.  These folks didn't just suddenly flop over.  

Graham is NO BETTER than the rest of these traitors. 

Just don't see how I'll ever vote GOP on any level again. The whole Party is corrupt and culpable, and supporting them supports all they stand for, without excuse. 
He's better than Steve King, Darrell Issa, Dana Rohrbacher, Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, and Matt Gaetz. Probably.

Natasha Bertrand‏Verified account @NatashaBertrand

FollowingFollowing @NatashaBertrand

More

Just in: Grassley and Graham have made a criminal referral to DOJ about Chris Steele. Legal experts tell me this looks like a PR stunt, mostly because it's not clear that the senators have info that the FBI does not already have (and DOJ hasn't independently pursued charges)
They are now suggesting the FBI investigate a foreign national (the UK no less) who is in good standing in that country.  I'm sure that is going to go over swimmingly there.

Hey, look over there!

The FBI is investigating the Clintons! [/breathless]

Anyone curious as to how this one ends can PM me.

I can see the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's better than Steve King, Darrell Issa, Dana Rohrbacher, Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, and Matt Gaetz. Probably.
When someone parades around with all of his bluster about being responsible about this, and then becomes a complete lapdog himself, in my book, he's no better.  Just my opinion, but at least I know the other guys were traitors all along, beholden to their interests but we knew that.  Graham? By playing the role of "the good guy" only to fold completely, is as damaging if not moreso to the process than the known flat out crooks.

Again, my opinion, but he has not aligned himself with everyone you mentioned, completely - and therefore, in MY opinion, is no better. 

He's reasonable sometimes.
When? Because whatever reasonableness he once showed has been worse than undercut by his last month of behavior. 

The others were traitors to begin with. He's a turncoat to the cause he pretended to actually support.  Now? No better than those he is completely and utterly aligning with, even with the past position of being "better than that"

Now we see the truth. He isn't. 

cobalt_27 said:
I’m going the other direction on this, I welcome the probe.  To the extent this goes anywhere, Steele will slam dunk these ####ers.  There is something so bizarre going on with Graham, the further out on the limb he goes, the more confident I am he goes down in a heap with these traitors.
There was a time, not too long ago, that Graham and McCain were the two GOP Senators that I actually respected. Neither seemed scared of Trump and refused to play his partisan, disgusting brand of politics. That leaves only McCain. And he's dying. Sad times indeed. 

There was a time, not too long ago, that Graham and McCain were the two GOP Senators that I actually respected. Neither seemed scared of Trump and refused to play his partisan, disgusting brand of politics. That leaves only McCain. And he's dying. Sad times indeed. 
Who also voted in favor of Trump's tax plan. 

Koya said:
When? Because whatever reasonableness he once showed has been worse than undercut by his last month of behavior. 

The others were traitors to begin with. He's a turncoat to the cause he pretended to actually support.  Now? No better than those he is completely and utterly aligning with, even with the past position of being "better than that"

Now we see the truth. He isn't. 
Maybe he's one of the ones Trump golfed with behind the white truck between X-mas and New Years

cobalt_27 said:
I’m going the other direction on this, I welcome the probe.  To the extent this goes anywhere, Steele will slam dunk these ####ers.  There is something so bizarre going on with Graham, the further out on the limb he goes, the more confident I am he goes down in a heap with these traitors.
I wish he was up in 2018 so we can vote his ### out.

Who also voted in favor of Trump's tax plan. 
I don't need a guy to vote against their party every time in order to respect him. Generally speaking, I think McCain votes with his heart and for what he feels is right. And he isn't afraid to tell the truth about Trump. Something we need more of from that side of the aisle. Bunch of cowards over there.

Maybe you sum-ma-ma-biotches will listen to me on things Graham.  I've been telling you guys this stuff for months!!!  MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You can't listen to a single word that comes out of his mouth.  You have to watch his actions.  This isn't surprising in the least.

I don't need a guy to vote against their party every time in order to respect him. Generally speaking, I think McCain votes with his heart and for what he feels is right. And he isn't afraid to tell the truth about Trump. Something we need more of from that side of the aisle. Bunch of cowards over there.
I don't need him in open rebellion against his party either but much like the Health Care plan, the Tax plan in my opinion will have a damaging impact on most Americans in the years to come. It's disappointing to me that McCain didn't see that or didn't care enough about it to vote no.

Sinn Fein said:
Graham, like Corker, just reeks of having been paid off to get in line.
Well, he certainly wasn't beaten by a neighbor over landscaping nor fall off a ladder at home.  

cobalt_27 said:
It just occurred to me that Ken Starr (yes, that Ken Starr, as Deadspin always puts it) spent, what, two years investigating Slick Willy and all he really got him on was boinking an intern. Donald's sexual indiscretions (pee tapes, by god, pee tapes) aren't even worth Bob Mueller's time because of all the stuff he's done that's a hundred times worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Grassley/Graham letter is just flat out embarrassing.  Steele hasn't been before their committee and they don't have any FBI/special prosecutor notes, so how in the world would they have any idea what Steele has told investigators.  It's just screams PR ploy.  Sickening.

The Grassley/Graham letter is just flat out embarrassing.  Steele hasn't been before their committee and they don't have any FBI/special prosecutor notes, so how in the world would they have any idea what Steele has told investigators.  It's just screams PR ploy.  Sickening.
Natasha Bertrand‏Verified account @NatashaBertrand

.@SenWhitehouse: “I cannot understand why it would be necessary for members of Congress to make a criminal referral to the FBI concerning information we know the FBI already has."

Actions speak louder than words.  They're the same as the rest, they've just been playing the game a bit better.  

It just occurred to me that Ken Starr (yes, that Ken Starr, as Deadspin always puts it) spent, what, two years investigating Slick Willy and all he really got him on was boinking an intern. Donald's sexual indiscretions (pee tapes, by god, pee tapes) aren't even worth Bob Mueller's time because of all the stuff he's done that's a hundred times worse.
Four.  That's just up until his report was issued.  

Schindler Tweeted out something a week or so ago that there's Kompromat on Trump that even the Russians find disgusting. Wonder what that is. 

Schindler Tweeted out something a week or so ago that there's Kompromat on Trump that even the Russians find disgusting. Wonder what that is. 
it's been suggested in the twittersphere that there are tapes of trump with underage girls, from parties his buddy jeffrey epstein threw in FLA (and that bill clinton is also on similar tapes). alan dershowitz is also linked to this cabal, supposedly, which is why he carries water for trump these days. 

it's been suggested in the twittersphere that there are tapes of trump with underage girls, from parties his buddy jeffrey epstein threw in FLA (and that bill clinton is also on similar tapes). alan dershowitz is also linked to this cabal, supposedly, which is why he carries water for trump these days. 
This doesn't sound like something the Russians would find disgusting, though, does it? Wouldn't most people assume Trump's done things like this? We know he had parties back in the day with "models" part of the group. Not a stretch to think underage girls got in there too.  

So Trump invited all his Cabinet level people to Camp David this weekend besides the DOJ/FBI (I believe).  With the drumbeat from Republican Reps the past 2 days for Sessions to resign, I won't be surprised if he's gone by Monday and they move quickly to put someone in the AG position more friendly to shutting down the Special Prosecutor.  

So Trump invited all his Cabinet level people to Camp David this weekend besides the DOJ/FBI (I believe).  With the drumbeat from Republican Reps the past 2 days for Sessions to resign, I won't be surprised if he's gone by Monday and they move quickly to put someone in the AG position more friendly to shutting down the Special Prosecutor.  
all the sudden on Twitter there's an article that Scott Pruitt is interested in becoming AG

New AG would have to be confirmed by the Senate, right? Any chance two R Senators would vote No if it becomes obvious the nominee wanted to shut down the investigation? 

New AG would have to be confirmed by the Senate, right? Any chance two R Senators would vote No if it becomes obvious the nominee wanted to shut down the investigation? 
Pruitt has already been confirmed...they could slide that snake right in...

This kind of borders on PizzaGate, and not particularly trustworthy...yet.

Users who are viewing this thread