Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Mueller - "Over the course of my career, I've seen a number of challenges to our democracy.The Russian govt's effort to interfere in our election is among the most serious."

10 hours ago, randall146 said:

Teachable moment:  This article makes a mistake that I see in lots of other discussion and reporting about the Trump investigation - It assumes "pleading guilty" means the defendant is "cooperating."  These are two very different things.

Pleading guilty simply means the defendant is admitting to the crimes charged.  Sometimes that includes admitting to only the most basic facts, while others times it includes admitting a longer and more complicated set of facts (often implicating others)

Cooperating is a colloquial term describing more active involvement in helping the government prove a case against others.  It could simply mean sitting down with law enforcement and talking about what you know ("proffering").  It could mean actively engaging as a cooperating witness, for example by wearing a wire in meetings with uncharged targets.  It could mean testifying before a grand jury, or even at a trial.

But pleading guilty, by itself, does not mean a defendant has agreed to cooperate.  Sometimes the written plea agreement contains language indicating that the defendant is in fact cooperating, but that is not standard, and, to my knowledge, the Gates plea agreement is not public at this point.

NOTE - I am sure in this case Gates is cooperating.  He almost surely proffered about the latest money laundering/fraud indictment before the indictment came down.  He may have even testified before the grand jury.  BUT we don't know that for certain at this point.

You have been one of the most impressive posters here.  I appreciate the info you’ve taken the time to share here. Seriously. 

:thumbup: 

• Like 19

15 minutes ago, Ned said:

You have been one of the most impressive posters here.  I appreciate the info you’ve taken the time to share here. Seriously. 

:thumbup: 

Thanks dude - unfortunately I explain this stuff to people not nearly as smart as you guys everyday. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

Who would have imagined Rohrabacher could be dirty? Robert Mueller, that's who.

Link

"There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump." - House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

"There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump." - House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy 

Refreshing

2 hours ago, MikeIke said:

Who would have imagined Rohrabacher could be dirty? Robert Mueller, that's who. 

Link

:popcorn:

“Vin Weber and Ed Kutler, lobbyists for the Mercury firm, appear to be just as culpable as Gates and Manafort of violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act. They worked hand in hand with Rohrabacher to transfer payments they received from Manafort, originating with the Party of Regions, to Rohrabacher and two other members of Congress.”

• Like 8

9 hours ago, the rover said:

The latest figures include 34% who Strongly Approve of the way the president is performing and 41% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -7.

That's still 3pts better than Obama at this point in his presidency with the media blowing him every day!

9 hours ago, Skoo said:

If you don't cherry pick the most Conservative poll out there, things look a little different:

RCP Average: 42% Approve 53% Disapprove

Mueller

Ain't 

Going

Away

Even if I pretend to play along with your Rasmussen tanking Trump for almost a year conspiracy just to bring his poll numbers up, the RCP you posted had him in the low 30's last year.  He's gained basically 10pts looking at the graph you posted since September.  

It isn't looking good for you Mueller fanboys.  

43 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:
10 hours ago, the rover said:

The latest figures include 34% who Strongly Approve of the way the president is performing and 41% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -7.

That's still 3pts better than Obama at this point in his presidency with the media blowing him every day!

Why would you want to brag about Trump barely eclipsing a President that you hated?

The Rasmussen poll was specifically designed to produce a positive approval number for a Republican president. And yet Trump has failed to generate a positive approval number for 212 consecutive polls. Why on earth would you want to publicize that?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Even if I pretend to play along with your Rasmussen tanking Trump for almost a year conspiracy just to bring his poll numbers up, the RCP you posted had him in the low 30's last year.  He's gained basically 10pts looking at the graph you posted since September.  

Trump approval rating graph

September 25 = 39.7%

Today = 40.0%

So......he's gained basically 0.3 points.

TrumpkinMath™

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Um.  Mueller doesn’t care about polls. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, randall146 said:

Thanks dude - unfortunately I explain this stuff to people not nearly as smart as you guys everyday. 

You’re a Kindergarten teacher?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, caustic said:

:popcorn:

An oldie but a goodie. 

"There's two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump," McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy's assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.

Some of the lawmakers laughed at McCarthy's comment. Then McCarthy quickly added: "Swear to God."

Ryan instructed his Republican lieutenants to keep the conversation private, saying: "No leaks. . . . This is how we know we're a real family here."

Ryan dab

• Like 4

Surrender Donald‏ @ealight461 14h14 hours ago

More

Reminder: Pence was "chosen" by Manafort.

• Like 2

Any chance we can get this wrapped up before the closing ceremonies in Pyeongchang?  

TIA

2 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Surrender Donald‏ @ealight461 14h14 hours ago

More

Reminder: Pence was "chosen" by Manafort.

A Trump impeachment/resignation, leaving Pence in charge, would not make me feel all jumpy&quo

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

A Trump impeachment/resignation, leaving Pence in charge, would not make me feel all jumpy&quo

If details emerge that prove Trump is totally complicit in collusion with Russia, bank fraud, money laundering, et al... do you think Mike Pence will really pardon this guy in the name of human decency and National Security???

2 minutes ago, Tom Skerritt said:

If details emerge that prove Trump is totally complicit in collusion with Russia, bank fraud, money laundering, et al... do you think Mike Pence will really pardon this guy in the name of human decency and National Security???

Pence strikes me as one who would insist on the death penalty against Trump, while consolidating his own power base...

@grantstern doing a really thorough job of connecting the dots regarding Manafort, Trump and Russia. 

• Like 1

Any discussion on Mueller naming Dana and also having 2 other congressmen unnamed in the latest charges?

50 minutes ago, Tom Skerritt said:

If those charges are proven against Trump and Pence does pardon him, I think two big things would happen... 1) Bye-bye GOP forever, and 2) Trump never lives in America again.

42 minutes ago, saintfool said:

@grantstern doing a really thorough job of connecting the dots regarding Manafort, Trump and Russia. 

Thorough? I wonder if its too easy and they are simply organizing the pieces like its apple pie and not some 5,000,000 piece puzzle.

57 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

Trump never lives in America again.

That reminds of a whacko theory that came to me in the middle of the night.

What if Jared and Junior disappear right before the hammer falls on them, only to pop up in Moscow seeking asylum?

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

4 minutes ago, Cheese and Crackers said:

That reminds of a whacko theory that came to me in the middle of the night.

What if Jared and Junior disappear right before the hammer falls on them, only to pop up in Moscow seeking asylum?

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

I'd go for that deal.... if he brought his supporters

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

I'm sorry but are you stating that things aren't looking good for Mueller because Trump's approval rating is -7 according to a Rasmussen poll? Is this satire? Haha, I can't actually tell if you're joking or not. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

I'm sorry but are you stating that things aren't looking good for Mueller because Trump's approval rating is -7 according to a Rasmussen poll? Is this satire? Haha, I can't actually tell if you're joking or not. 

No, he said not looking good for the Mueller fanboys.

im sure that will clear it up for you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

popular. still not loaded

I was secretly hoping it was really just a funny meme. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Here’s the Schiff memo.

Damn...the GOP, lead by Nunes, clearly lied about the most important pieces of this situation.

Time for him to step down, or be pulled back, by Paul Ryan.

What in the hell is the GOP doing to our country?

• Like 8

I read it quickly but didn't see any bombshells. It basically just confirmed what we already knew - Nunes cherrypicked facts to try to present an anti-FBI story that just isn't true.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I read it quickly but didn't see any bombshells. It basically just confirmed what we already knew - Nunes cherrypicked facts to try to present an anti-FBI story that just isn't true.

I think a minority report declaring a chairman of "distortions and misrepresentations" is a big deal. It may not be surprising that that's the case but it's an unusual event.

• Like 11

I get that congressman and lawyers or whoever often shade the facts to be as favorable to them as possible, and I acknowledge that these competing memos are horse####. But when a sitting congressman tries to discredit the FBI and DOJ's investigation into interference into our elections by a foreign enemy because the FBI and DOJ didn't inform the court of a source's bias when they clearly said "the FBI speculates [Steele] was likely looking for information that could be used to discredit" the Trump campaign, I have a huge problem with that.

That's not shading facts. That's lying. When someone lies you have to ask why or what the lie is trying to protect. 

• Like 14