What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (11 Viewers)

Rove! said:
Barr can’t release the 6E material as a matter of law.  Nadler, as predicted, is reckless and needs to be replaced as the chair with a more measured member.
Id rather not have this turn into a #### measuring contest.

Man oh man the dems are going to come out yuuggeee in 2020.  Trump's wrangled about as many votes as he can from his "base" but if dems come out at Obama levels it's over Johnny!

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1126162956310515712

Here's @ericswalwell likening Russian clickbait & alleged email hacking to Pearl Harbor & 9/11. This unhinged exploitation of actual attacks on the US is an insult to victims of those tragedies & an encapsulation of the pathetic, self-defeating delusion afflicting top Democrats //

Convincing dems and nevertrump republicans that truthful information in their own interest was an “attack” on their democracy was probably the greatest disinformation campaign of all time.  Absolutely deluded.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the republicans realize that at some point they are going to lose and all these new rules trump is creating is going to work against them?

Until trump i didn't realize that the entire country is governed by the president.  If only clinton knew he could declare executive privilege over his discretions

Do the republicans realize that at some point they are going to lose and all these new rules trump is creating is going to work against them?
They're counting on the courts, just like the rest of us.

Unlike the rest of us they're also hoping that the courts don't do their thing until January, 2021.

Yes of course they realize this. But they also realize that A) their base doesn't care, and B) the general public has a short memory.

Lindsey Graham will go right back to waving his finger and demanding that we follow the rule of law, and every Republican will act like the previous 4 years never happened.

Rove! said:
Gift for the Republicans....to have 2020 be a referendum on the collusion delusion and the Democrats inability to own up to the ruse is great for re-election prospects....

ren hoek said:
Yep, the pleasure is all Trump’s here.  No compelling policy vision from his opponents, just more Russia deadending.  Nadler beating a dead horse 
Sometimes you look around and just marvel at how lucky President Trump is.  I knew that Team D winning last year woud be good for him long term, but had no idea it would be this good for him this quickly. 

Sometimes you look around and just marvel at how lucky President Trump is.  I knew that Team D winning last year woud be good for him long term, but had no idea it would be this good for him this quickly. 
Bigly

Are we sure that the Dems don't want President Trump reelected?

At this point, the Dems have absolutely nothing hanging over President Trump's head....nothing.

The only option they are facing now is the option they fear the most and have been trying to avoid.....they'll have to actually beat him in an election.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Ren, I posted a link of Matt Taibbi a while back and while he's well known as someone who thinks the investigation is unfounded, he did raise a pretty good point. He said that money laundering was a plausible possibility and that that is frequently the way of doing big business in Russia. He went on to point out that someone with Trump's money - that is his lack of it - really would not be a player in the Moscow real estate market. And it's true, how is a guy who was losing an average of $100 million per year in the 80s to 90s someone who could be playing for a hotel deal in Moscow in 2015-16? He had several attempts - 1987 (USSR), 1995-96, 2000, and again in 2015 and 2016 in two different deals. But no hotel. - And yet he got a financing letter from VTB. So what is going on there?
Well, it was a plausible theory.  I agree with that.  It would still however be lightyears away from validating the suspicion that he had a transactional relationship with Russia in exchange for the Wikileaks publications.  

Well that's a new one.

"Losing the house and making it unable to pass any big pieces of legislation was a GOOD thing for Trump!"

I guess if he loses in 2020 that'll really show 'em!

Bill Kristol has been pretty on point with his tweets today but this one of a Marco Rubio diatribe leaves me speechless. 
What's really sad is that I feel like at one point, I would've been outraged watching this.

But now?

Just par for the course.

"We're the party of law and order."

"But, I think Trump broke the law."

"Everyone breaks the law, stop being obtuse."

The current political climate is paradise for politicians. Nothing matters anymore. Not too long ago a politician would never come out like Graham has knowing what he said in the past. Normally that would kill all credibility but now not a peep. There is absolutely no accountability for anything they say or do and they have to love it.

But even Mueller/FBI haven't claimed that FBI knew of Papadopoulos and Mifsud interaction before opening investigation.
What a weird comment. How would one open an investigation into something without knowing of that thing's existence beforehand? I can't fathom what is so hard to understand about this. Mueller states the FBI opened its investigation of potential coordination between Russia and the Trump Campaign a few days after it received information from the Auz ambassador. The ambassador didn't tell the FBI until after wikileaks' release of the Russian hacked Hillary related DNC emails. Comey's comment is just that any normal candidate or campaign or party would be clamoring if an investigation had not been opened after getting such info.

The current political climate is paradise for politicians. Nothing matters anymore. Not too long ago a politician would never come out like Graham has knowing what he said in the past. Normally that would kill all credibility but now not a peep. There is absolutely no accountability for anything they say or do and they have to love it.
Because, "Suck it Libs!" is all that matters. And there won't be a single Trump supporter here today that will honestly comment on that clip.  Not one.  

It's possible that Trump WH is funneling testimony through the Senate. Like Barr if they do it once under their chair they can control the rules and say it's done.

- However if this isn't coordinated and if Trump resists then they risk ticking off key Republican Senators. I doubt that's the case though.

It may be that the idea is to allow Don Jr. to clean up his testimony. It's also possible his is one of the referred cases. He pleaded the 5th by the looks of it in the Mueller report though that's not clear unless they can get under the redactions.

I'd guess we're going to see Jr plead the 5th here. 
Trump Jr., Manafort, and Kushner participated on the Trump side, while Kaveladze, Samochornov, Akhmetshin, and Goldstone attended with Veselnitskaya. The Office spoke to every participant except Veselnitskaya and Trump Jr., the latter of whom declined to be voluntarily interviewed by the Office [redacted grand jury] ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
He may have already done that once.

The investigation did not always yield admissible information or testimony, or a complete picture of the activities undertaken by subjects of the investigation. Some individuals invoked their Fifth Amendment right against compelled self-incrimination and were not, in the Office’s judgment, appropriate candidates for grants of immunity.
- We don't know who pleaded the 5th yet.

>>Schiff is also getting stonewalled in another way. The House Intelligence Committee is asking the FBI to supply the findings of its counterintelligence investigation — which is separate from those of its criminalinvestigation, and thus were not included in the Mueller report. As Martin Lederman explains, the FBI is legally required to keep intelligence committees informed of such matters.

But a committee aide told the New York Times that this information has not been forthcoming, and that the committee may resort to a subpoena.

These counterintelligence findings are a big missing piece of the puzzle. As Ryan Goodman noted, we still don’t know what the special counsel and/or the FBI have determined “with respect to whether Trump associates engaged in reciprocal efforts with Russian agents without entering a criminal agreement to do so, whether Americans have been witting or unwitting Russian assets, and what leverage or influence Moscow may have over particular individuals.”

Schiff confirmed to me that this information is being withheld, and noted that on this matter, there may be a divide among intelligence professionals on one side, and Barr and the White House on the other.

“I think the FBI is willing to be more forthcoming,” Schiff said. “I think the FBI and intelligence community are mindful of their statutory obligations, and they’re caught between a rock and a hard place with the combative posture that Bill Barr has taken.”

“I think this is being driven by the White House, and I think Bill Barr is acting as the president’s lieutenant,” Schiff added.<<

WaPo

***> There may be an additional set of counterintelligence findings outside the Mueller report.

Users who are viewing this thread