What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (7 Viewers)

What actions were taken to help Hillary and hurt Trump?  Remind me because I can’t think of any.  I can think of actions the FBI took that hurt Hilldog.
Excuse my why I windmill this slam dunk.  Lynch instructing Comey to classify it as a matter not an investigation.  Clearing Hillary of wrongdoing despite bleach biting her hard drives and taking a hammer to devices after asked to turn them over.
Trump has had 2 1/2 years to charge Hillary with the crime of "bleach biting" and yet he and his army of armies has not only failed to do anything about it, but he has tacitly conceded that everything she did was allowable, from her email issues (*cough cough Ivanka did it too) to her alleged colluding (*cough cough "I'd take it").

Also, there's no evidence that Hillary took a hammer to devices after being asked to turn them over. (It's true that one her her aides had destroyed phones, but A) the destruction took place long before Hillary was asked to turn them over, and B) Hillary didn't do it herself.)

Once again, Noonan is caught spreading lies.

Yeah, Clinton wasn't helped at all by the FBI not calling it an investigation.
I hate to respond to ignorance but didn't the FBI come out just days before the election and talk about an investigation into Hillary Clinton that was now open again?  who cares what it was referred to months prior?  its like after a game is over, complaining about a holding call on a 6 yard run in the 1st quarter.  And if, in the last 3 quarters, the same ref made 4 other blatantly terrible calls in your favor, its hard to say that the refs were biased against you.  at least for rational, clear thinking people. 

‘Let me make something 100% clear’: FEC chair lays down the law on foreign help

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,“ wrote Ellen Weintraub, commissioner of the FEC. “This is not a novel concept.“

@EllenLWeintraub

FollowFollow @EllenLWeintraub

More

I would not have thought that I needed to say this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Trumpians are circumspect already, but I think rather than asking them (and I mean GOP politicians as well as posters here) to find their nerve in whatever chifforobe they squirreled it away in in 2016, a better question would be what should FBI Director Chris Wray do if he finds out the President or his campaign is receiving foreign assistance in the form of aid, information, or data?

Should Wray investigate it or not?

At Fox's town hall last night.Years from now, Castro said, "We’re going to look back on this as Americans, not as Republicans or Democrats, or liberals or conservatives, and say, ‘What in the hell is wrong with that president?’”

Sen Graham's approval when he was attacking President Trump was in the low 40s and since he has been brown nosing Trump it has gone up into the 70s. 

What I am going to be saying "What in the hell is wrong with Americans as well"

Sen Graham's approval when he was attacking President Trump was in the low 40s and since he has been brown nosing Trump it has gone up into the 70s. 

What I am going to be saying "What in the hell is wrong with Americans as well"
It's South Carolina.  He once had a more conservative person run as a democrat against him.  

STEPHANOPOULOS: If you answered these questions to me now, why not answer them to Robert Mueller under oath?

TRUMP: Because ... they were looking to get us for lies.... 
ABC

- In this snip Trump also doesn't seem to know that he totally avoided answering questions on obstruction, or he tries to lie about it to Stephanopoulos' face.

- Trump also claims that McGahn was lying to make himself look like a good lawyer.

- Trump then goes on to say that Mueller is totally conflicted - and Steph says, and so he should have been fired - Trump says he never said that.

ABC

- In this snip Trump also doesn't seem to know that he totally avoided answering questions on obstruction, or he tries to lie about it to Stephanopoulos' face.

- Trump also claims that McGahn was lying to make himself look like a good lawyer.

- Trump then goes on to say that Mueller is totally conflicted - and Steph says, and so he should have been fired - Trump says he never said that.
So Trump is saying McGahn committed perjury?

So Trump is saying McGahn committed perjury?
Yes, that's Trump's claim. Don McGahn, former campaign counsel and WH counsel, lied  to the Special Counsel to make himself look like a good lawyer. According to Trump presumably he did this by inventing a lie that Trump instructed him to fire Mueller, which McGahn refused to do, making McGahn look like the hero and Trump look like the bad guy. 

Yes, that's Trump's claim. Don McGahn, former campaign counsel and WH counsel, lied  to the Special Counsel to make himself look like a good lawyer. According to Trump presumably he did this by inventing a lie that Trump instructed him to fire Mueller, which McGahn refused to do, making McGahn look like the hero and Trump look like the bad guy. 
Gotta do something to deflect away from his admitting he'd break the law to get elected again.  The worst thing about that is, our media seems to be willing to move on.  I don't know how people watch/use that crap.

I dunno, I think they'll have to answer questions fairly soon. Not because it was Trump, but because he explicitly said that every congressman would do the same thing, which sets up a straightforward yes or no question: "Trump said that every congressman would accept opposition research from foreign governments. Do you agree?"  Saying "yes" is a damaging admission that they're just as traitorous as he is, saying "no" means parting ways with him.

I have no idea what they say- I assume something more ambiguous than a simple yes or no- but I'm pretty sure they won't be able to duck this one completely. I know it's been silence so far, but that's because the news broke last night. Give journalists the day to reach out for comment or try to find members in the halls and then let's see where they are. 
I support you in this and I think to date the responses have been nuanced at best. We know no Republican will reject the President, but the responses have been interesting.

I thought 1. solicitation and 2. dossier might be the defenses, but TBH I haven't even see the issue of solicitation vs receive come up. It's been mostly 'yes call the FBI but... [dossier]' or hide/non-response. 

Lindsay Graham himself encouraged McCain to reach out to the FBI when it was his ### on the line.

McCarthy said - when pressed - yes he'd call the FBI.

McConnell when asked tried a trick response where he pretended the question was about 2016, not 2020, so he just avoided it.

Justin Amash said in his town hall that actually yeah some Congressional Republicans have read the report and know that crimes have been committed, but they just won't say so in public and that is probably true. 

Because the statute makes it illegal to solicit or receive.
I agree, I just thought one talking point might be ‘he’s not asking for it’. IIRC that was a talking point in 2017 because there was the issue of Trump saying ‘Russia if you’re listening’... but actually in any event this still sounds like Trump saying ‘hit me up.’

Trump is great at being his own news source.  All you have to do is listen to what he says and then believe the opposite:

Trump: “McGahn lied”

Conclusion: “McGahn told the truth”.

Mark Warner tries to quickly pass bill to require campaigns to go to the FBI if they are offered assistance by foreign powers. Marsha Blackburn objects

Of course, you cannot have that!
“We are all for free and fair and honest elections. These reporting requirements are over-broad," Blackburn said. "Presidential campaigns would have to worry about disclosure at a variety of levels. So many different levels.” 
Exactly.

Amused to Death said:
‘Let me make something 100% clear’: FEC chair lays down the law on foreign help

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,“ wrote Ellen Weintraub, commissioner of the FEC. “This is not a novel concept.“

@EllenLWeintraub

FollowFollow @EllenLWeintraub

More

I would not have thought that I needed to say this.
So how does Hillary paying money to a foreign agent to gather intelligence/disinformation directly from Russians fit into this?

No big deal because she paid for it?

It is truly amazing how Trump sets the bait and the media and haters run with it every time, making fools of themselves.

At least one of you has to be able to comprehend this, even if you don't want to admit it. 

Tldr: What is your take on Hillary paying foreign agents for disinformation?

Raylan said:

What would you call obtaining FISA warrants and literally spying on members of the Trump campaign and those they were in contact with?

This talking point is quaint and obsolete now that Trump has admitted that he's open to illegal collusion.

Raylan said:

So how does Hillary paying money to a foreign agent to gather intelligence/disinformation directly from Russians fit into this?

"I'd take it"

Seriously, your talking point is dead. Trump pulled the rug out from underneath you AGAIN.

What would you call obtaining FISA warrants and literally spying on members of the Trump campaign and those they were in contact with?

You and the 8 people who liked your post can't be that dense.
They were ‘spying’ on people who were in contact with operatives of foreign governments or were suspected of being foreign operatives themselves. Them being part of the Trump campaign is the choice of the Trump campaign either through poor vetting or more likely them wanting to employ people with connections to foreign governments.

It is truly amazing how Trump sets the bait and the media and haters run with it every time, making fools of themselves.

At least one of you has to be able to comprehend this, even if you don't want to admit it. 

Yeah Trump sayinig something stupid is totally a trap for everyone else.

You would be surprised how many people don't care about Hillary anymore Throw her in jail right along with Trump then.  

The political bar here seems to be obvious.  "If it's good enough for the President, it's good enough for me"....personally?  I think they should all be in jail if they are found to be dealing with a foreign government in this fashion or think its ok to be to be dealing with a foreign government in this fashion.  How about you?

Perkins Coie, on behalf of the Clinton campaign and/or DNC paid Fusion GPS, an American company. If you have any information that Clinton paid a foreign agent for information or disinformation, I would love to see the link. 

I believe the term you're looking for is "counterintelligence investigation."
Nah, the FBI was doing "opposition research" or "oppo research" on the Trump campaign due to the fact that Trump's campaign is/was working for a foreign government. Normal operating procedures to protect the American public.

Paying vs receiving a gift. Looks like your question has been answered.

Someone should tell it to a judge.  

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Proper investigation procedure when someone is contacted by the FBI about a potential type of infiltration by a foreign government, is asked to contact the FBI if it happens, there’s a law requiring that the matter be disclosed if it happens, they don’t call the FBI when it happens, and the FBI finds out about it?

Yep this is our President... unreal.  We must be living in the bizarro world simulation.  At this point it’s the only real explanation that makes sense.   

”But if you answer these questions to me now why not answer them to Robert Mueller them under oath”

”Because, they were looking to get us for lies...”

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1139526747332980736

Yep this is our President... unreal.  We must be living in the bizarro world simulation.  At this point it’s the only real explanation that makes sense.   

”But if you answer these questions to me now why not answer them to Robert Mueller them under oath”

”Because, they were looking to get us for lies...”

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1139526747332980736
Trump is honest about his dishonesty here. That's how he plays the game, he lies, and it's true they would charge him for that. In his crazy mixed up sociopathy that's unfair.

The info her campaign paid for was never used in the campaign.  Instead, it was handed over to the FBI. 

Users who are viewing this thread