What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (12 Viewers)

Is this another case of throwing #### at the wall to get the headline for conservative media to trumpet, and then everyone involved is cleared after the fact but the damage is done?

Or is there a chance any of these guys actually did something wrong once someone outside Barr's DOJ takes a look at it?
Do you already not trust Durham?  

Is this another case of throwing #### at the wall to get the headline for conservative media to trumpet, and then everyone involved is cleared after the fact but the damage is done?

Or is there a chance any of these guys actually did something wrong once someone outside Barr's DOJ takes a look at it?
Considering the source....its clear.

Federal Judge:  I can't trust the Attorney General of the United States

From FOIA case - where the government has claimed some redactions of Mueller report:

Here, although it is with great consternation, true to the oath that the undersigned took
upon becoming a federal judge, and the need for the American public to have faith in the judicial

process, considering the record in this case, the Court must conclude that the actions of Attorney
General Barr and his representations about the Mueller Report preclude the Court’s acceptance
of the validity of the Department’s redactions without its independent verification.
Adherence to
the FOIA’s objective of keeping the American public informed of what its government is up to
demands nothing less. Accordingly, the Court will conduct an independent review of the
unredacted version of the Mueller Report to determine whether it concurs with the Department’s
determination that the redactions of the Mueller Report are authorized by the FOIA exemptions
upon which the Department relies.
This isn't news to anyone that actually read the even redacted report

Papadopoulos, wait...

Simona Mangiante @simonamangiante

Officially divorcing @GeorgePapa19 after the months of abuses and ultimately the huge disrespect he showed this morning in his podcast. I am tired of him and playing his wife . He is a monster t

Papadopoulos, wait...

Simona Mangiante @simonamangiante

Officially divorcing @GeorgePapa19 after the months of abuses and ultimately the huge disrespect he showed this morning in his podcast. I am tired of him and playing his wife . He is a monster t
That poor woman. :(

Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney · 1m

BREAKING: The House has won the Appeals Court case seeking access to Mueller's grand jury information. A 2-1 decision, with RAO dissenting. 

Just an interim step.  this will be appealed - probably first ask that it be heard in front of the entire Court, then to the SC - that will waste the most time, and ensure that this is completely irrelevant when it is ultimately decided.

BREAKING: The House has won the Appeals Court case seeking access to Mueller's grand jury information. A 2-1 decision, with RAO dissenting. 

Just an interim step.  this will be appealed - probably first ask that it be heard in front of the entire Court, then to the SC - that will waste the most time, and ensure that this is completely irrelevant when it is ultimately decided.
I guess I should add - Judge Rao is a Trump appointee

The two judges in favor - Clinton appointee and GW Bush appointee

Basically the flip of what just happened with Griffith. 

GRIFFITH, Circuit Judge, concurring:

I join the opinion for the court, but I write separately to address the dissent’s argument that the district court lacked jurisdiction to compel disclosure of grand jury materials under Committee on the Judiciary v. McGahn, No. 19-5331 (D.C. Cir. Feb. 28, 2020). Unlike McGahn, this case does not involve a suit between the political branches over executive-branch documents or testimony. Instead, it involves an application for access to records of the grand jury,whose disclosure the district court has traditionally controlled. As the dissent acknowledges, grand jury records do not belong to the Executive Branch.See Dissent at 28; see also Majority at 9-10; In re Grand Jury Investigation of Cuisinarts, Inc., 665 F.2d 24, 31& n.10(2d Cir. 1981). Regardless of whether grand jury materials are “judicial records,” see Dissent at 27-28, they donot become executive records simply because the Department of Justice stores them in file cabinets after the grand jury completes its investigation. The Department holds these records subject to the ongoing supervision of the district court. Accordingly, Rule 6(e) bars the Department from disclosing the serecords to Congress without court approval. See FED.R.CRIM.P. 6(e)(2)(B)(vi); see also J.A. 448 (letter from the Attorney General stating that he “d[id] not believe that [he] ha[d] discretion to disclose grand-jury information to Congress”). Federal courts, including courts in our own circuit, have approved the disclosure of grand jury materials to the House of Representatives in seven prior impeachment proceedings. See Majority at 13-14.Congressional applications for access to grand jury materials have thus traditionally been thought capable of (and indeed to require) judicial resolution. Cf. Rainesv. Byrd, 521 U.S. 811, 819 (1997). ...

- What's funny about this is Griffith thinks judicial Vs Executive struggles are fine and the courts totally win, while Congress vs Executive struggles are well Congress is totally SOL.

CNN uncovered a Russian interference network in West Africa.  Supposedly work with Clemson University to discover this.  Talking about it now but I missed the beginning.

DC Court agreed to re-hear the McGahn case en banc (in front of the entire court for those not familiar).

They vacated the original appellate decision in the process.

Arguments are scheduled for sometime in April, I think.

@realdonaldtrump

So now it is reported that, after destroying his life & the life of his wonderful family (and many others also), the FBI, working in conjunction with the Justice Department, has “lost” the records of General Michael Flynn. How convenient. I am strongly considering a Full Pardon!

You follow a different thread of thought when it comes to Eastern Europe/Russia/US/Mideast relations; I have a question for you (probably not the thread but I’m this far). What do you make of Russia wrt coronavirus? Just simply lying? 
Honestly I've not followed along all that closely.  But as the Trump regime escalates punishing sanctions and militarism around the world while the pandemic pushes countries to the brink, I thought it was cool of Russia to send medical supplies to Italy & New York.  

The president has notified Congress that he is removing the inspector general for the intelligence community, the official who helped make sure Congress got the Ukraine whistleblower complaint. The firing will take effect in 30 days, according to a letter obtained by NBC News.

The president has notified Congress that he is removing the inspector general for the intelligence community, the official who helped make sure Congress got the Ukraine whistleblower complaint. The firing will take effect in 30 days, according to a letter obtained by NBC News.
Yet another impeachable offense. But who’s going to stop him? The Senate has allowed him to do whatever he wants. 

Will the position be filled? Is it a Senate confirmed position? What happens if it remains vacant?

Hoping that everyone is too distracted to notice some lawbreaking. 

I'm as much of a proponent of this as anybody, and have volunteered hundreds of hours and 10s of dollars (I'm a grad student, sue me) to help make it happen, but I'm starting to wonder if the assumption that a Trump loss = new President doesn't warrant some pretty heavy skepticism. I'd never even considered it an assumption before, let alone doubted it, and there are so many others underpinning that one that are even less obvious and less scrutinized, and all of them have to hold up to Trump's total disregard for any constraint, be it norm, law, Constitution or other. Even if, by some miracle, he does leave office, what's to stop him from calling himself the Real President (as opposed to the fake one) and pumping out even more corrosive garbage than he does now? Twitter's Terms of Use?

I don't see how any of this ends while he is still alive or not locked in a dungeon with a ball-gag in his mouth, and even that probably won't be enough. He fired a Navy Captain and an Inspector General today for being competent (and will do something equally as bad or worse tomorrow), and millions of Americans cheered and defended him. His recent actions/inaction will end up depriving thousands of Americans of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and millions will cheer louder, hold anyone else responsible (pick who or what you like, identity is irrelevant), and insist that any historical account not respecting Alternative Facts is hopelessly partisan.

I'll admit to purposefully exaggerating that last sentence for effect, but how does it or something like it not happen? He's blown past every "enough is enough" and "now he's gone too far" moment with token resistance and faced toothless repercussions, if any at all. He treated impeachment like a months-long infomercial and was rewarded for it! If he hasn't been stopped by now, why would he ever be?
Jail and financial ruin are motivating factors to attempt anything.

Where is the declass of the FISA report?  Where are the 15k sealed indictments?  Heck, where is one indictment?

The one attempt on McCabe was laughed at by the grand jury. 

Last edited by a moderator:
READ footnote 350 FBI effort 
Something that really cracks me up is when Trump supporters, here, RW media, Congress, whatever dig up some old bit of information that is months old like a shining new object just unearthed. Fyi I posted about this here in December. What gets me is Trump supporters tossed Horowitz to the side as soon as he did not fulfill their wildest fantasies and now apparently Trump is trying to fire him (presuming he is one of the 7 IGs). And yet here you are relying on his months old report. 

Can OP please change title of thread to the more accurate "FBG promoted Russian disinformation for 4 years".

Joe should be ashamed of himself for allowing his website to be a tool of Russian propaganda for 4 years.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1248720134010789894
Yep.  They knew it was bunk all along but went ahead with it anyways.

Gosh I hope the Durham investigation makes the real criminals pay for this.  I won't expect anything, though, since it appears no one ever pays.

Where is the declass of the FISA report?  Where are the 15k sealed indictments?  Heck, where is one indictment?

The one attempt on McCabe was laughed at by the grand jury. 
Here's a good thread comparing the redacted footnotes to the declassified ones.  The FBI knew this was shaky and driven by political bias the whole time.  This bogus intel document was laundered into the public sphere, and the public was lead to believe these were seriously credible allegations against the president-elect.  Yet we're just finding out that the whole thing was trash 3 years later?  

It's easy to forget how arrogant people were about the FBI's noble intent, that they would NEVER abuse their authority without a good reason.  If they sought warrants to spy on the Trump campaign, they must have had good reason.  Nope.  They sure didn't.

I am all for the Trump administration being held accountable when it actually does something wrong.  But it shouldn't come at the expense of abusing extraordinary powers and heaping credibility on unaccountable spooks.  It's a shame- this won't get anything close to the same exposure that the false narrative did in 2017.  

Here's a good thread comparing the redacted footnotes to the declassified ones.  The FBI knew this was shaky and driven by political bias the whole time.  This bogus intel document was laundered into the public sphere, and the public was lead to believe these were seriously credible allegations against the president-elect.  Yet we're just finding out that the whole thing was trash 3 years later?  

It's easy to forget how arrogant people were about the FBI's noble intent, that they would NEVER abuse their authority without a good reason.  If they sought warrants to spy on the Trump campaign, they must have had good reason.  Nope.  They sure didn't.

I am all for the Trump administration being held accountable when it actually does something wrong.  But it shouldn't come at the expense of abusing extraordinary powers and heaping credibility on unaccountable spooks.  It's a shame- this won't get anything close to the same exposure that the false narrative did in 2017.  
:goodposting:

Again, more classification to cover the exculpatory evidence, not sources and methods.
No kidding, the Mueller report has tons of redactions about private information and claims of privilege outside S/M. In fact Congress and news orgs have been suing and subpoenaing for 12 months now to get that stuff lifted and the DOJ has fought them every inch of the way, nothing has been released. 

But here we have a release of notes from one footnote. Quite remarkable, especially as fn 350 - released last December - reads exactly the same way with or without it.

That's a lot of talking for not answering the man's question, especially while relying on an anonymous twitter handle named after a guy who had his own investigation and found nothing, zip, zero, nada.

Millian's name has been floated around for a long time, including by pro-investigation types. You could find this speculated on from 2017. - It also continues to fly in the face of Horowitiz's findings that the dossier was used to substantiate the sole point that Page was going to St. Petersburg, which he did.

I have no doubt that ex-blogger and now DNI Grenell and Bill Barr will drip these "surprises" out when needed (and it's obviously needed now) through November.

Where have I seen that playbook before?  "I'm going to accuse the other guy of doing the same thing my guy did, in an effort to blur the actions of what my guy did."
Its insanity at this point 

Everyone around him is guilty, tons of smoke everywhere but heck it's all someone's else's fault

Trump has the easiest life because he is never responsible and never wrong 

Has anyone been paying attention to the IG Footnotes?  It appears there were several signs the dossier was trash but our guys still proceeded.  This isn't looking good.

Senate Intelligence Committee affirms the intelligence community's conclusion that Russia acted to aid Trump in 2016 — and explicitly breaks with the House GOP.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1252612245114294275?s=21
Eh, just deep state cronies.  Let’s wait until the 3rd investigation (this one the “real” one) comes out to get the real story. 

*and if that one doesn’t tell them what they want to hear just wait until the 4th (this one the “real” one) investigation comes out to get the real story.  And if that one doesn’t tell them what they want to hear just wait until the 5th investigation (this one the “real” one) comes out to get the real story. And if that doesn’t.......

Eh, just deep state cronies.  Let’s wait until the 3rd investigation (this one the “real” one) comes out to get the real story. 

*and if that one doesn’t tell them what they want to hear just wait until the 4th (this one the “real” one) investigation comes out to get the real story.  And if that one doesn’t tell them what they want to hear just wait until the 5th investigation (this one the “real” one) comes out to get the real story. And if that doesn’t.......
Just an FYI, this is not the Benghazi thread.

Users who are viewing this thread