What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (2 Viewers)

Must be.  Trump keeps retweeting about the guy.  I honestly forgot all of the details about this it has been so long. 
It's best to stick to the summary:

• There was a broad conspiracy cooperative effort to influence our elections involving the Trump Campaign and Russian misinformation.
  • Even after being warned by the FBI and other LEAs, the Trump Campaign didn't report the assistance they were getting from Russia.
  • The Trump Campaign actively participated in the Russian efforts.
  • When confronted about the cooperation many members of the Trump Campaign lied about their activities under oath.  Several of them, including Stone, went to jail for perjury and other crimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's best to stick to the summary:

• There was a broad conspiracy cooperative effort to influence our elections involving the Trump Campaign and Russian misinformation.
  • Even after being warned by the FBI and other LEAs, the Trump Campaign didn't report the assistance they were getting from Russia.
  • The Trump Campaign actively participated in the Russian efforts.
  • When confronted about the cooperation many members of the Trump Campaign lied about their activities under oath.  Several of them, including Stone, went to jail for perjury and other crimes.
Sure...but many of those energized to vote for Trump...those that may get him re-elected...they don't care about that or facts even about Flynn.  They get their news from Trump making bogus claims...they get their news from Breitbart, the Federalist, Gateway Pundit....everyone else is lying in the eyes of those type of people.

Everything you have believed to be true has and is being proved to be lies. Everyone sees what Comey and especially Strzok are. Liars attempting to take down Trump at all costs. This loser was working for the FBI at the time. He should be in prison simply for this attempt.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/469504-the-curious-timeline-for-taking-down-trump

Aug. 15, 2016: After FBI counterespionage chief Peter Strzok and FBI attorney Lisa Page met with Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, Strzok texts Page that they couldn’t take the risk of Trump getting elected without having “an insurance policy” in place.

“[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right?” asked a top F.B.I. lawyer, Lisa Page, in one text. “Right?!”

Peter Strzok, the agent overseeing the F.B.I.’s investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russia, answered, “No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it.”

Case closed. I need not go any further. Anyone trying to spin this any other way is just making a complete fool of themselves. 

Everything you have believed to be true has and is being proved to be lies. Everyone sees what Comey and especially Strzok are. Liars attempting to take down Trump at all costs. This loser was working for the FBI at the time. He should be in prison simply for this attempt.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/469504-the-curious-timeline-for-taking-down-trump

Aug. 15, 2016: After FBI counterespionage chief Peter Strzok and FBI attorney Lisa Page met with Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, Strzok texts Page that they couldn’t take the risk of Trump getting elected without having “an insurance policy” in place.

“[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right?” asked a top F.B.I. lawyer, Lisa Page, in one text. “Right?!”

Peter Strzok, the agent overseeing the F.B.I.’s investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russia, answered, “No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it.”

Case closed. I need not go any further. Anyone trying to spin this any other way is just making a complete fool of themselves. 
Have anything new that hasn't already easily been explained as nothing many times over?

James A. Gagliano @JamesAGagliano

Lying to FBI Agent is violation of Title 18 U.S.C. § 1001. No issues there. Flynn pled guilty.

The rub here is VASTLY different manner Crossfire Hurricane team (largely same FBIHQ crew on Clinton case) handled the *don’t go in there loaded for bear* approach to HRC interview.

For h/t: https://i.imgur.com/v0Ux2KQ.jpg

Difficult to argue one side wasn’t afforded deference and considerations not afforded the other side. And I’ve tried mightily to chalk this up to honest mistakes and not malice. But the differences in approaches are stark and damning. 

Don’t tell me how and what to post. Thanks. 

So am I supposed to start linking you to whats been made public this week?  Explain why what he did was corrupt?  I mean how much do you need explained here?
I did not tell you how to post.  I asked politely if you would please bring a legitimate source to explain what you are saying.  Rather than making an unsubstantiated post and claim with nothing to back it up.

I have read to what has been made public...none of which is evidence at this point of corruption by Comey.

I did not tell you how to post.  I asked politely if you would please bring a legitimate source to explain what you are saying.  Rather than making an unsubstantiated post and claim with nothing to back it up.

I have read to what has been made public...none of which is evidence at this point of corruption by Comey.
Bret Baer is pretty legit. Def not a typical Fox hack. Like I said to Saints, you either care that the fix was in and the plan to entrap Flynn was pre-meditated which the new documents clearly show or you have an agenda that prevents you from caring. But don’t act like the evidence is not compelling and clear now. That comes off as dishonest. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-bret-baier-james-comeys-plan-to-get-michael-flynn-can-be-characterized-as-a-set-up/

Bret Baer is pretty legit. Def not a typical Fox hack. Like I said to Saints, you either care that the fix was in and the plan to entrap Flynn was pre-meditated which the new documents clearly show or you have an agenda that prevents you from caring. But don’t act like the evidence is not compelling and clear now. That comes off as dishonest. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-bret-baier-james-comeys-plan-to-get-michael-flynn-can-be-characterized-as-a-set-up/

Was that when you called saints a bottom 5 least objective people on the board?  Sorry...the "fix was in" does not appear to have much legal standing.  The new documents...notes for that matter...don't really show any entrapment.  Ive read them...Saints has laid out the actual words in full form pretty well and continued to do so through this whole thing.  I am not acting anything...I don't feel the evidence is compelling that he was railroaded...I think the evidence continues to be clear that he was double dealing and lied about a great number of things.

Even the article is something "could be characterized" not that it actually was.  

Even in that article...they wanted him to either get the truth...or for him to lie.   Ummm...yes, those are the two options that could happen.

This is the same Flynn who had previous issues and was let go from a position in the Obama administration.  The same Flynn Trump was warned about before he hired him.  The same Flynn that was being paid by Turkey to work against US interests.  That same guy.  And it seems clear he did lie in his testimony as well.

I posted the actual documents that Barr/DOJ washed through Powell. Glad to post them again if anyone wants to actually read them, instead of through a filter.

The goal was to determine:

• whether Flynn was telling truth or would tell the truth - to get an admission of what he’d said to the Russian ambassador, which they already knew - OR -
  • or see if he'd lie, which would allow them to exert pressure against him, either through threat of prosecution or other consequences like losing his job.
Go find any plea deal from Iberville Parish to Washington DC for the last 200 years and you'll see a similar sequence play out.

Zow, Henry and Randall would probably write paragraphs (or one sentence because it's that simple) on this stuff.

Don’t tell me how and what to post. Thanks. 

So am I supposed to start linking you to whats been made public this week?  Explain why what he did was corrupt?  I mean how much do you need explained here?
Best to swim away from the stinky bait like I do.  It's really hard to talk logic with the illogical. When beaten, like they have been over and over again, they resort to posts that are meant to antagonize you into saying something they can report and hopefully get you a timeout. It's really sad. 

Best to swim away from the stinky bait like I do.  It's really hard to talk logic with the illogical. When beaten, like they have been over and over again, they resort to posts that are meant to antagonize you into saying something they can report and hopefully get you a timeout. It's really sad. 
Asking someone to back up their posts is not bait.

Posting a drive by proclaiming someone is corrupt and a traitor and refusing to offer anything to substantiate the claim is baiting.

Nothing about my posts or Saints were illogical.

Nobody is trying to report anyone by asking them to back up the claims they made.  That isn't a very logical argument to make.

No the real issue of this forum is yourself and another poster whose username also begins with a small "s" constantly challenging people's OPINIONS with game playing and/or a requirement of a link. Honestly 90% of this forum's issues evaporate without you two. You both incite so much nonsense. I really wish Joe would recognize it.
I asked for a source to a claim someone is a traitor.  Please keep the unsolicited personal crap out of it all.

Asking someone to back up their posts is not bait.

Posting a drive by proclaiming someone is corrupt and a traitor and refusing to offer anything to substantiate the claim is baiting.

Nothing about my posts or Saints were illogical.

Nobody is trying to report anyone by asking them to back up the claims they made.  That isn't a very logical argument to make.
I doubt they can explain what they read.  It is hard to when it doesn’t really make sense.

The headline is all that stuck with them.

On December 3, 2018, law enforcement conducted an interview of an individual ("Person 1") who previously had a professional relationship with a reporter who provided Person 1 with info1mation about Stone. The reporter relayed to Person 1 that in or around January and February 2016, Stone and Trump were in constant communication and that Stone kept contemporaneous notes of the conversations. Stone's purpose in keeping notes was to later provide a "post mortem of what went wrong."
Here

Aaron Maté @aaronjmate

“Records show [Stone] exchanged messages with Mr. Assange in June 2017, seven months *after* Mr. Trump’s election victory.” 😱

Maybe they colluded in 2017 & then hopped in a time machine back to 2016? 🧐

Aaron Maté @aaronjmate

“Records show [Stone] exchanged messages with Mr. Assange in June 2017, seven months *after* Mr. Trump’s election victory.” 😱

Maybe they colluded in 2017 & then hopped in a time machine back to 2016? 🧐
On July 25, 2016, STONE emailed instructions to Jerome CORSI to "Get to Assange" in person at the Ecuadorian Embassy and "get pending WikiLeaks emails[.]" On August 2, 2016, CORSI emailed STONE back that,"Word is friend in embassy plans 2 more dumps. One shortly after I'm back. 2nd in Oct. Impact planned to be very damaging."
On August 8, 2016, Stone addressed the Southwest Broward Republican Organization. During his speech, he was asked about a statement by WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to Russia Today (RT) several days earlier about an upcoming "October Surprise" aimed at the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign. Specifically, Stone was asked: "With regard to the October surprise, what would be your forecast on that given what Julian Assange has intimated he's going to do?" Stone responded: "Well, it could be a number of things. I actually have communicated with Assange. I believe the next tranche of his documents pertain to the Clinton Foundation but there's no telling what the October surprise may be." A few days later, Stone clarified that while he was not personally in touch with Assange, he had a close friend who served as an intermediary.
- Etc.

I think the 2017 direct Stone to Assange communications were more about Stone arranging a pardon for Assange directly with Trump.

Yeah, again this has zero to do with "collusion," the fake conspiracy that didn't happen.  
Well it fits with the Stone prosecution and Mueller's reports and conclusions on it. I do think Trump<->Stone<->Corsi<->Assange<->Guccifer2<->GRU is relevant to the conspiracy issue.

On November 9, 2016, one day after the presidential election, @wikileaks sent a direct message to @RogerJStoneJr containing a single word: "Happy?" @wikileaks immediately followed up with another message less than a minute later: "We are now more free to communicate."
- From the Stone warrant, posted further up.

On July 25, 2016, STONE emailed instructions to Jerome CORSI to "Get to Assange" in person at the Ecuadorian Embassy and "get pending WikiLeaks emails[.]" On August 2, 2016, CORSI emailed STONE back that,"Word is friend in embassy plans 2 more dumps. One shortly after I'm back. 2nd in Oct. Impact planned to be very damaging."
On August 8, 2016, Stone addressed the Southwest Broward Republican Organization. During his speech, he was asked about a statement by WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to Russia Today (RT) several days earlier about an upcoming "October Surprise" aimed at the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign. Specifically, Stone was asked: "With regard to the October surprise, what would be your forecast on that given what Julian Assange has intimated he's going to do?" Stone responded: "Well, it could be a number of things. I actually have communicated with Assange. I believe the next tranche of his documents pertain to the Clinton Foundation but there's no telling what the October surprise may be." A few days later, Stone clarified that while he was not personally in touch with Assange, he had a close friend who served as an intermediary.
- Etc.
Hmmm

We’re seeing a slow leak of overwhelming evidence that the entire Russia thing really was a farce. I feel this Flynn thing is the first real shoe to drop. But it won’t be the last. 

As someone in the middle of the the two sides that have been bickering about this for years, I’m finding this so fascinating. 

We’re seeing a slow leak of overwhelming evidence that the entire Russia thing really was a farce. I feel this Flynn thing is the first real shoe to drop. But it won’t be the last. 

As someone in the middle of the the two sides that have been bickering about this for years, I’m finding this so fascinating. 

How does what happened today change the facts at all?

No it wasn't a farce at all.  The flynn thing was they gave him a chance to tell the truth...he chose to lie.  That isnt a set up...also he was, you know, working for another foreign government against US interests.

I sure hope so.  The FBI shouldn't be in the business of setting people up and ruining their lives, based on bogus intel documents from partisan political operatives.  SCAM
How was he set up?  Did they force him to lie?  Did they force him to be working for another country?

Users who are viewing this thread