Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Mueller - "Over the course of my career, I've seen a number of challenges to our democracy.The Russian govt's effort to interfere in our election is among the most serious."

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Pretty standard metaphor. Ok so you’re not willing to speculate on Graham’s motivation in seeding the dossier?

It’s ridiculous crap and it’s shows the desperation you are in. You didn’t seem like the type that would post something like that and stand by it.

Edited by John Blutarsky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

It’s ridiculous crap and it’s shows the desperation you are in. You didn’t seem like the type that would post something like that and stand by it.

You posted the article on Graham, Bluto, I’m just discussing it. Clearly Graham’s motivation in sending the dossier on is the water’s edge. It’s obviously something Graham himself sees as a problem for himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

I’m shocked at how far gone some people are

Which ones?

People who believe Obama targeted conservatives with the IRS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

You posted the article on Graham, Bluto, I’m just discussing it. Clearly Graham’s motivation in sending the dossier on is the water’s edge. It’s obviously something Graham himself sees as a problem for himself.

You aren’t discussing it. What part of bringing torches don’t you understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

You aren’t discussing it. What part of bringing torches don’t you understand?

The part in Frankenstein where enraged mad villagers pursue a monster they don’t understand is probably the crux of this thing.

I’ll volunteer since you won’t that Graham’s actions make more sense in light of how he described Trump in 2016, which is as a security risk to the US. The question is why now does he run out front to protect him with misinformation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The part in Frankenstein where enraged mad villagers pursue a monster they don’t understand is probably the crux of this thing.

I’ll volunteer since you won’t that Graham’s actions make more sense in light of how he described Trump in 2016, which is as a security risk to the US. The question is why now does he run out front to protect him with misinformation.

I’ll volunteer your thoughts about mad villagers is totally wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Ok you’re specifically avoiding the point about Graham for obvious reasons.

But here John Solomon tells us in a piece explicitly marked ‘opinion’ that the FBI actually addressed the complaint that the dossier was unverified by speaking with someone who, like Lindsay Graham, knew something about it? That’s remarkable. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Ok you’re specifically avoiding the point about Graham for obvious reasons.

But here John Solomon tells us in a piece explicitly marked ‘opinion’ that the FBI actually addressed the complaint that the dossier was unverified by speaking with someone who, like Lindsay Graham, knew something about it? That’s remarkable. Thanks.

I’m not avoiding anything. You’re wrong especially with your carrying torches comments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moleculo said:

Just calling it like I see it, GB.  Not sure what else I'm supposed to do - if I see massive hippocracy from the right, am I supposed to sit silent?

Keep in mind I say this as a former conservative myself.  I was so disgusted by the entire (R) party over the past 5 years or so my entire POV changed.

Not at all. No issue in calling out BS if you see it- but let’s be honest about it- the left does it just as much as the right does.

My original point here was to call out a poster who opined that the Democrats were simply conducting oversight without being political, which is an asinine statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

I’m not avoiding anything. 

So, to wrap this up you started with Lindsay Graham claiming that he had discovered the magic origin of the dossier when in fact he was there in the very beginning, and that the dossier was unverified, and ended with a claim by John Solomon that the FBI has indeed investigated it. Remarkable journey there.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Blutarsky said:

I’m not avoiding anything. You’re wrong especially with your carrying torches comments. 

Just let go of the torches, please

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I'm looking for is an in depth article showing the contradictions between the Mueller report and the Steele dossier, complete with extensive direct quotations and page/para numbers. I'd like as little opinion on the topic as possible.

Does that exist?

Edited by The Z Machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ack88 said:

Not at all. No issue in calling out BS if you see it- but let’s be honest about it- the left does it just as much as the right does.

My original point here was to call out a poster who opined that the Democrats were simply conducting oversight without being political, which is an asinine statement.

BOF SIDEZZZZZ!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, badmojo1006 said:
10 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

I’m not avoiding anything. You’re wrong especially with your carrying torches comments. 

Just let go of the torches, please

Yeah....I don't get it.  Torch carriers can be very nice people, or so I'm told :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

They should have been targets. They were blatantly political groups getting tax free treatment as education non profits. 

Was beave trying to get my attention?  You see, I had responded to @HellToupee who had asked a question .  He had also tried the irs thing the other day.  I’m not sure of either of them are even aware of the actual investigations that took place.

I tried pointing that out to HTP but he decided to ignore it the other day and this was sort of a call back.

At any rate...here is the IG report on it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180225112702/https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditreports/2017reports/201710054fr.pdf

The investigation that determined the IRS used both liberal and conservative keywords to target groups for more scrutiny.

There is a reason even Trumps DOJ didn’t charge Lerner with anything.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

So, to wrap this up you started with Lindsay Graham claiming that he had discovered the magic origin of the dossier when in fact he was there in the very beginning, and that the dossier was unverified, and ended with a claim by John Solomon that the FBI has indeed investigated it. Remarkable journey there.

Amazing how thin these premises are

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

BOF SIDEZZZZZ!!! 

100%- Republicans do it as well; attempt to cloak purported oversight as non-political.

In this case though, anyone who claims that Nadler, Schiff, etc...is not being political is patently dishonest, living in an alternative universe. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HellToupee said:

I’m shocked at how far gone some people are

You are so right. 

 

 

But pretty sure we are not in congruence on who those “some people” are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, moleculo said:

Sounds like something worth investigating.  Where are you trying to go here?

"Don't you dare investigate Trump until the dossier is verified, but also don't you dare try to verify by investigating"

Was part of the investigation process to seed this dem-funded "raw intelligence" to 12 media outlets?  

"This is raw intelligence. It is unverified. We have to be very careful with it. Also, let's give it to Michael Isikoff and David Corn."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1127608067653296129

This is INSANE anti-Russia hysteria from the New York Times. There are experts who have raised the alarm about the negative health impact of 5G. Journalists at RT covered it bc they’re journalists. NYT spins that journalism as Putin attacking America. Wow

As proof, the NYT cites an anti-Russia lobbyist and a dude at a firm (New Knowledge) that has meddled in a US election and been thoroughly discredited. Buried deep in the article: “In January, The Times announced a joint venture with Verizon to build a 5G journalism lab.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The article cites complete nutbag Molly McKew as a credible figure.  

The Kremlin “would really enjoy getting democratic governments tied up in fights over 5G’s environmental and health hazards,” said Molly McKew, head of Fianna Strategies, a consulting firm in Washington, D.C., that seeks to counter Russian disinformation.

NYT really shooting for the stars in its propaganda campaign.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Politico article on next steps in Jr subpoena fight. 

Quote

If Donald Trump Jr. doesn't comply with the Senate Intelligence Committee's subpoena, the Senate is preparing for the very real possibility it could vote on enforcing the order on the Senate floor, according to sources in both parties.

Apparently the Senate has several softer options as opposed to Contempt that they can vote on. But at the end of the day, the point of these options is to force a witness to provide requested testimony. 

Quote

But the chamber has several options if it chooses to force the issue, and they could pass given that they would only require a simple majority and aren't subject to the chamber's supermajority requirement, according to aides in both parties.

There are currently 47 Dems + at least Burr. I think you'd see multiple Senators line up behind Burr to stand up for the rule of law. This would be the 2nd ugly vote that is being forced on them to declare their opinion on their own Constitutional power (emergency vote the other). 

Edited by prefontaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prefontaine said:

Politico article on next steps in Jr subpoena fight. 

Apparently the Senate has several softer options as opposed to Contempt that they can vote on. But at the end of the day, the point of these options is to force a witness to provide requested testimony. 

There are currently 47 Dems + at least Barr. I think you'd see multiple Senators line up behind Barr to stand up for the rule of law. This would be the 2nd ugly vote that is being forced on them to declare their opinion on their own Constitutional power (emergency vote the other). 

 I assume you mean "Burr" not "Barr." Not to nitpick but they are very different men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pecorino said:

 I assume you mean "Burr" not "Barr." Not to nitpick but they are very different men.

yes I do. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now 3 investigation investigations?

Huber, Horowitz, and Durham?

Can we get a running tally on the cost of these?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really am pleased with this new GOP interest in police and prosecutorial overreach and abuse. I look forward to it extending into criminal justice reform and more rights for the accused.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BroadwayG said:

So now 3 investigation investigations?

Huber, Horowitz, and Durham?

Can we get a running tally on the cost of these?

Every investigation, including Mueller, combined, isn't anywhere close to how much it has cost the tax payers for "I'll be too busy working to golf", to golf. Obviously they are much more important too. 

Edited by 2Squirrels1Nut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I really am pleased with this new GOP interest in police and prosecutorial overreach and abuse. I look forward to it extending into criminal justice reform and more rights for the accused.

Bill Barr has the original unwarranted domestic surveillance scandal in the early 90s. It’s amazing he’s AG again if only for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>>Lindsey Graham says he will “back off” his FISA investigation now that DOJ has John Durham doing a review of US intelligence assets in the investigation of the Trump campaign.<<

NBC

Lol, nm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:
Quote

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — After FBI briefing, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis says Russian hackers accessed voter databases in 2 Florida counties.

- AP

Maybe we need another thread on this, but I continue to ask what actionable items are available to us showing us Trump and this administration give two ##### about this and are putting measures in place to prevent it going forward.  Shockingly, I'm met with :crickets: 

  • Like 6
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

DeSantis is a Trumpite, a genuine one, for him to have conceded this must be something.

He ran to trump during the primary, no question.  He's been a mixed bag since being elected which is sort of shocking if I am being honest.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Maybe we need another thread on this, but I continue to ask what actionable items are available to us showing us Trump and this administration give two ##### about this and are putting measures in place to prevent it going forward.  Shockingly, I'm met with :crickets: 

The real collusion was Hillary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

DeSantis is a Trumpite, a genuine one, for him to have conceded this must be something.

So, Nelson and Rubio knew about the spearfishing emails and "penetration" by the Russian in 2016, but then Gov Rick Scott and the Florida head of elections didn't know about it. And no votes were changed, but the 2 counties involved remained unidentified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

So, Nelson and Rubio knew about the spearfishing emails and "penetration" by the Russian in 2016, but then Gov Rick Scott and the Florida head of elections didn't know about it. And no votes were changed, but the 2 counties involved remained unidentified. 

yeah....the whole thing sounds so incredibly weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t one of the hacking indictments from Mueller state that a candidate for Congress requested and received hacked material from their opponent? I seem to remember that a lot of the speculation surrounded DeSantis and Matt Gaetz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whoknew said:

I really am pleased with this new GOP interest in police and prosecutorial overreach and abuse. I look forward to it extending into criminal justice reform and more rights for the accused.

while you were busy chasing Russian Bogeymen, Congress passed and Trump signed the First Step Act as part of his criminal justice reform initiatives...more steps to come, I presume unless the old guard manages to take back power

Edited by Rove!
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

Didn’t one of the hacking indictments from Mueller state that a candidate for Congress requested and received hacked material from their opponent? I seem to remember that a lot of the speculation surrounded DeSantis and Matt Gaetz.

Right. Supposedly that is part of the counter-intelligence investigation that has not been disclosed to date.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Commish said:

yeah....the whole thing sounds so incredibly weird.

Weird isn't the word I'd choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.