Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Mueller - "Over the course of my career, I've seen a number of challenges to our democracy.The Russian govt's effort to interfere in our election is among the most serious."

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Sorry but, what in the actual hell are you posting about?

You basically said link or it didn't happen, then you admitted that it did happen but it was only a few people, now you're back to "false claims" and defending people making false claims 

:lmao:

He's right. I was in here a lot and very few posters thought Trump would actually be impeached and removed, although many thought he deserved to be and I suspect all of them still think that. There were a few, less than five to be sure, and the people who disagreed with them were mostly people who thought he should be impeached. 

If you're saying otherwise I believe you're wrong, although if you want to show otherwise have at it. And if you're posting about it now (especially on a day where there's been no news on the issue AFAIK) it seems pretty obvious that you care about it.

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Thanks 1

I'd bet this thread is littered with for more accusations of impeachment claims than actual impeachment claims.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, David Dodds said:

I have a feeling the hearing likely never happens.

DOJ is allowing Mueller to pass and he does not want to be there. He is a reluctant witness that is being subpoenaed.

Congressional recess happens a few days after he would testify so what will the House even gain? It's not like this spearheads imminent impeachment proceedings since they are taking a 6-week vacation.

I don't know what the recess has to do with it, they could still start impeachment proceedings when they come back if they want.

But I don't think that's the point. The point is to get people to actually pay attention to what Mueller found. The actual report is very bad for the president and the party/people who support him, and it's not a great look for Bill Barr either.. But very few people have read it and relatively few have even read or heard a detailed review of what is in it- my guess is most of them relied on Barr and maybe read one article/watched one report when the whole thing came out and that was it.

And since Americans seem to love television, drama, sniping and sound bites despite their claims to the contrary, a dramatic hearing with the man himself that will presumably air on a ton of TV networks and get a ton of hype is the best way to get them to actually pay attention to the OSC's findings.

10 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

He's right. I was in here a lot and very few posters thought Trump would actually be impeached and removed, although many thought he deserved to be and I suspect all of them still think that. There were a few, less than five to be sure, and the people who disagreed with them were mostly people who thought he should be impeached. 

If you're saying otherwise I believe you're wrong, although if you want to show otherwise have at it. And if you're posting about it now (especially on a day where there's been no news on the issue AFAIK) it seems pretty obvious that you care about it.

This. It's a lie that is constantly repeated by Trump supporters on this board. 

• Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

He's right. I was in here a lot and very few posters thought Trump would actually be impeached and removed, although many thought he deserved to be and I suspect all of them still do. There were a few, less than five to be sure, and the people who disagreed were mostly people who thought he should be impeached. 

I posted about it on a day where there's no news on the issue because I quoted a poster that implied noone here said he would be impeached.

That made me laugh , because it's quite funny (imo) that someone that posts here everyday would say that. 

Either that or it's sad because that person's memory is so bad that they don't remember people posting that he would be impeached.

If thats the case I shouldn't be laughing.

Sorry for the interruption, you Trump addicts get back to it  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

whew...glad this thread is still alive.  I was getting worried.

Talking #### about how allegations that the President you support obstructed a national security investigation have been bumped from the news cycle because the President is a racist who is throwing kids in shoddy detention cells where they are being left to die and because he was credibly accused of rape is an interesting flex. But you do you.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Talking #### about how allegations that the President you support obstructed a national security investigation have been bumped from the news cycle because the President is a racist who is throwing kids in shoddy detention cells where they are being left to die and because he was credibly accused of rape is an interesting flex. But you do you.

As previously noted, this investigation was a sham and political ploy to begin with.  So I have no problem with Trump protecting the best interests of this country, even if it resulted in what you consider to be "obstruction."  A charge that will never come to fruition because it really wasn't obstruction to begin with.

The entire charade was silly at best, and harmful to the American people at worst.  And now the Democrats are going to pay the piper.  A huge advantage to Trump in 2020.

Edited by TripItUp
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Seriously, why would either side not want Mueller testifying?  The Democrats who want to keep flipping Russia burgers that nobody cares about get there fix.  On the other side the Republicans get to ask Mueller questions like “why the hell did it take you 2 years to find no collusion when it should have taken 2 months?”  It’s Mueller who is waffling here, not some secret DOJ conspiracy to keep him quiet. And honesty, who could blame Mueller for not wanting to come to this circus?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

I was in here a lot and very few posters thought Trump would actually be impeached and removed

The bold seems like moving the goal posts. Nobody expected him to be removed. But a lot of people expected (and still expect) him to be impeached, and find Speaker Pelosi's hesitation to move in that direction a bit puzzling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Maurile Tremblay said:

The bold seems like moving the goal posts. Nobody expected him to be removed. But a lot of people expected (and still expect) him to be impeached, and find Speaker Pelosi's hesitation to move in that direction a bit puzzling.

Correct.

I'm not going to go bump posts because that is discouraged around these parts, but there were quit a few regulars breathing fire in this very thread for the past year or so.  Right or wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

MT your memory is the same as mine.  However, that still proves that Sho Nuff was incorrect in his claim that nobody expected him to be impeached.  In fairness, I don't think Sho Nuff knew that you don't have to be removed to be impeached.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Don't Noonan said:

MT your memory is the same as mine.  However, that still proves that Sho Nuff was incorrect in his claim that nobody expected him to be impeached.  In fairness, I don't think Sho Nuff knew that you don't have to be removed to be impeached.

That was revisionist history by Sho Nuff (to nobody's surprise) and the evidence is all over the place earlier in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The no impeachment gloating is so weird.

“Ha! You guys thought there was a limit to how low congressional republicans would sink to tacitly support Trump’s racism, corruption, and incompetence!”

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, randall146 said:

“Ha! You guys thought there was a limit to how low congressional republicans would sink to tacitly support Trump’s racism, corruption, and incompetence!”

Not gloating, just embarrassing that so many folks in here fell for the Russia collusion nonsense.  It's okay to just admit you were wrong. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, randall146 said:

It's more frustration.  

There are so many problems to fix in this country and you've got the CNN honks discussing this non-problem on a daily basis for over a year.   

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

As previously noted, this investigation was a sham and political ploy to begin with.  So I have no problem with Trump protecting the best interests of this country, even if it resulted in what you consider to be "obstruction."  A charge that will never come to fruition because it really wasn't obstruction to begin with.

The entire charade was silly at best, and harmful to the American people at worst.  And now the Democrats are going to pay the piper.  A huge advantage to Trump in 2020.

Everything you wrote here is the exact opposite of the truth. Pretty amazing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I would bet 99% of the US voting population have not even read the Executive Summaries written by Mueller and his team (myself included :bag:).

Here's to hope that Mueller will read these summaries during his opening statement. 

I suspect that Mueller will not do this.  I think the Democrats should use their allotted time to read the executive summaries in order, so that the public watching the hearing can consume the actual facts via listening while watching (see the above 99%). 

Simple, effective, and non-partisan.

2 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

You basically said link or it didn't happen, then you admitted that it did happen but it was only a few people, now you're back to "false claims" and defending people making false claims 

I think I said he’d be impeached, but that was in the emoluments thread.

Never even inferred link or it didn't happen. I asked a question of another poster. You chimed in and now claim noone cares.

What the absolute crap are you even talking about.

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I posted about it on a day where there's no news on the issue because I quoted a poster that implied noone here said he would be impeached.

That made me laugh , because it's quite funny (imo) that someone that posts here everyday would say that. 

Either that or it's sad because that person's memory is so bad that they don't remember people posting that he would be impeached.

Actually i asked who said it...and then you got all bent out of shape.

1 hour ago, TripItUp said:

Protecting the best interests of the country?  Wow

1 hour ago, Widbil83 said:

Seriously, why would either side not want Mueller testifying?  The Democrats who want to keep flipping Russia burgers that nobody cares about get there fix.  On the other side the Republicans get to ask Mueller questions like “why the hell did it take you 2 years to find no collusion when it should have taken 2 months?”  It’s Mueller who is waffling here, not some secret DOJ conspiracy to keep him quiet. And honesty, who could blame Mueller for not wanting to come to this circus?

He didnt “find no collusion”.

Mueller waffling :lmao:

59 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I didnt make that claim. I said few if anyone and asked who.  I have still not been answered.

And your last line is absolutely ridiculous 

59 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

That was revisionist history by Sho Nuff (to nobody's surprise) and the evidence is all over the place earlier in this thread.

No...im not the one revising history.  Take a look back what I actually said.  

I must admit I was one who thought he would be impeached.  I thought the Republicans  would eventually, when faced with overwhelming evidence and more importantly to them, when it started costing them politically (midterms) they would eventually do the right thing like they did in the Nixon era and  Trump would either resign or be impeached.  Sadly I gave them WAY too much credit.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

Actually i asked who said it...and then you got all bent out of shape.

Not bent out of shape at all lol

I said noone cares who said it but you 

This is boring. Bye

1 hour ago, da_budman said:

I must admit I was one who thought he would be impeached.  I thought the Republicans  would eventually, when faced with overwhelming evidence and more importantly to them, when it started costing them politically (midterms) they would eventually do the right thing like they did in the Nixon era and  Trump would either resign or be impeached.  Sadly I gave them WAY too much credit.  

overwhelming evidence. :lmao:

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

He didnt “find no collusion”.

Mueller waffling :lmao:

It was a giant 2 year nothing burger.

He’s not waffling?  Not like this hasn’t been extended out ridiculously or anything.

2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

It was a giant 2 year nothing burger.

He’s not waffling?  Not like this hasn’t been extended out ridiculously or anything.

Yeah its all Mueller waffling, no other reason its been delayed :lmao:

So changed from the false claim of what his report said back to the nothjng burger.  Good stuff.

All SID and MT’s work, down the drain...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TripItUp said:

It's more frustration.  

There are so many problems to fix in this country and you've got the CNN honks discussing this non-problem on a daily basis for over a year.   

If  you are expectingCNN to fix the problems you're doing it wrong. If this administration can't ignore the talking heads and make progress, they are doing it wrong. :shrug:

How childish is the sentiment "i can't work because they are saying mean things about me" sound to you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Commish said:

If  you are expectingCNN to fix the problems you're doing it wrong. If this administration can't ignore the talking heads and make progress, they are doing it wrong. :shrug:

I'm not expecting CNN to fix problems, but it would be nice if they didn't contribute to the problems which they are actively doing.

11 minutes ago, dozer said:

All SID and MT’s work, down the drain...

Two usually very good posters but even they got hooked on this Russian nonsense.  MT pushing for impeachment was astonishing to me because he is usually very level headed.

Just now, Don't Noonan said:

Two usually very good posters but even they got hooked on this Russian nonsense.  MT pushing for impeachment was astonishing to me because he is usually very level headed.

They stuck to facts and destroyed every argument Trump had.

2 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

I'm not expecting CNN to fix problems, but it would be nice if they didn't contribute to the problems which they are actively doing.

What specifically are they doing that's preventing this admin from moving forward. They have exactly ZERO part in the legislative process

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Commish said:

What specifically are they doing that's preventing this admin from moving forward. They have exactly ZERO part in the legislative process

Distracting the American public from understanding the real issues that plague this country.  Making up stories about Russian collusion does nothing to serve this country's best interest.

How about educating the public on what the issues are and what the solutions can be.   Instead of making the country dumber, let's make it smarter.   Dumb constituents support dumb politicians.  Smarter constituents = smarter legislators.

That's the solution to our problems.

Edited by TripItUp

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Distracting the American public from understanding the real issues that plague this country.  Making up stories about Russian collusion does nothing to serve this country's best interest.

How about educating the public on what the issues are and what the solutions can be.   Instead of making the country dumber, let's make it smarter.   Dumb constituents support dumb politicians.  Smarter constituents = smarter legislators.

None of that (even if it were true) would keep congress from speaking and enacting laws and a president from signing them.  Its a complete bogus cop out excuse.

Russian involvement in our election is a real issue.

Edited by sho nuff

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Distracting the American public from the understanding the real issues that plague this country.  Making up stories about Russian collusion does nothing to serve this country's best interest.

How about educating the public on what the issues are and what the solutions can be.   Instead of making the country dumber, let's make them smarter.   Dumb constituents support dumb politicians.  Smarter constituents = smarter legislators.

None of this is preventing this admin from doing their job,  which is what my question still is. 

I don't disagree with you on the second paragraph but that's a different question. And i can't imagine how an educated electorate is what a good portion of the politicians want

Edited by The Commish

Just now, The Commish said:

None of this i6d preventing this admin from doing their job,  which is what my question still is. 

Where did I say it prevents the current administration from doing its job? 

It certainly helps when the public supports politicians and an administration...public sentiment absolutely influences legislative choices.  After all, most of these politicians, including the President, care about getting re-elected, first and foremost.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

None of that (even if it were true) would keep congress from speaking and enacting laws and a president from signing them.  Its a complete bogus cop out excuse.

Russian involvement in our election is a real issue.

It's not about preventing, it's about supporting as previously described above.

Watch the movie "The American President"...as cheesy as it is, it actually gives a very good perspective on public polling and opinions and how they influence legislative choices.

Most Americans underestimate this power.

Edited by TripItUp

4 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Where did I say it prevents the current administration from doing its job

When you suggested that the reason things aren't getting done is because of what CNN is talking about 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

It's not about preventing, it's about supporting as previously described above.

Watch the movie "The American President"...as cheesy as it is, it actually gives a very good perspective on public polling and opinions and how they influence legislative choices.

Most Americans underestimate this power.

His lies and actions are what cause people not to support him.

Again..... if you're relying on our echo chamber media for anything,  you're doing it wrong

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, The Commish said:

When you suggested that the reason things aren't getting done is because of what CNN is talking about 

yeah, I didn't say that

let's not play that game

Edited by TripItUp

Just now, TripItUp said:

yeah, I didn't say that

No. You suggested it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

His lies and actions are what cause people not to support him.

And CNN parroting collusion lies, as the flagship media outlet for the left and independents for over 2 years helps?

Edited by TripItUp
  • Like 2

Just now, The Commish said:

No. You suggested it. 

let's stick to what I'm saying and not what you are interpreting as suggestions.

1 minute ago, TripItUp said:

and CNN parroting collusion lies, as the flaghip media outlet for the left and independents for over 2 years helps?

It does nothing to what he can and cant get dine.  Its a bogus whining excuse.

And :lmao: at collusion lies.

Mueller isnt going to say anything that isnt in the report. 

Jesus he said this!!!!!! And yet..we play this stupid game.