Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Mueller - "Over the course of my career, I've seen a number of challenges to our democracy.The Russian govt's effort to interfere in our election is among the most serious."

Recommended Posts

Just now, TripItUp said:

let's stick to what I'm saying and not what you are interpreting as suggestions.

Like i said before...... if you're relying on our media to help you with legislation,  you're doing it wrong no matter what capacity you are using them in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Commish said:

Like i said before...... if you're relying on our media to help you with legislation,  you're doing it wrong no matter what capacity you are using them in. 

I'm not relying on anything.  Let's not create false narratives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TripItUp said:


and CNN parroting collusion lies for 2 years helps?


It's so strange that you simultaneously blame CNN for Trump's failures, while also gloating about their low ratings. If your logic made any sense, Trump would be more successful now than when CNN's ratings were higher. And yet he's just as much of a failure now as he was 2 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

And CNN parroting collusion lies, as the flagship media outlet for the left and independents for over 2 years helps?

Why are people so quick to forget CNN running several eventually disproven anonymously sourced stories for 2 years?  I’m convinced the only reason why Mueller took so long was because he had to spend his time chasing fake stories from the media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Widbil83 said:


I’m convinced the only reason why Mueller took so long was because he had to spend his time chasing fake stories from the media.


That's a rather sad thing to admit to believing.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Why are people so quick to forget CNN running several eventually disproven anonymously sourced stories for 2 years?  I’m convinced the only reason why Mueller took so long was because he had to spend his time chasing fake stories from the media.

Care to link to those stories that were untrue?  Or better..that they knew the stories to be untrue and thus were actually spreading knowingly false things?

You think Mueller got his leads from the media?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also learned that Assange met with German hacker Andrew Müller-Maguhn at least 12 times before the 2016 election. The special counsel report flagged him as a potential courier for emails hacked by the Russians. (He denies it.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And when WikiLeaks started releasing the Podesta emails in October 2016…. things got tense inside the embassy. The US raised concerns with Ecuador that Assange was using their compound to meddle in the election. Ecuador cut Assange’s internet and phone access.

After a heated argument with the ambassador, Assange was able to get two of his associates inside the embassy. They removed computer equipment about 100 hard drives. The on-site security team was blocked from searching them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TripItUp said:

Distracting the American public from understanding the real issues that plague this country.  Making up stories about Russian collusion does nothing to serve this country's best interest.

How about educating the public on what the issues are and what the solutions can be.   Instead of making the country dumber, let's make it smarter.   Dumb constituents support dumb politicians.  Smarter constituents = smarter legislators.

That's the solution to our problems.

Sure but this problem is pervasive and not one sided.   The core of this issue is us, society.  The news is just giving us what we want to see, headlines sell, car chases sell, scandal sells.   Fox News perfected it and all the other networks followed along like sheep.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Mueller isnt going to say anything that isnt in the report. 

Jesus he said this!!!!!! And yet..we play this stupid game.  

And for a significant chunk of the country, him reading from the report will be new information, much of it damning against Trump and the people he surrounded himself with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

Care to link to those stories that were untrue?  Or better..that they knew the stories to be untrue and thus were actually spreading knowingly false things?

You think Mueller got his leads from the media?

Are you kidding me?  CNN was the king of media malpractice when it came to this story, you know that.  Quick search and CNN is half the stories on these lists.:lmao:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/25/media-russia-collusion-mueller-report-fake-news/

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/beyond-buzzfeed-the-10-worst-most-embarrassing-u-s-media-failures-on-the-trumprussia-story/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

And when WikiLeaks started releasing the Podesta emails in October 2016…. things got tense inside the embassy. The US raised concerns with Ecuador that Assange was using their compound to meddle in the election. Ecuador cut Assange’s internet and phone access.

After a heated argument with the ambassador, Assange was able to get two of his associates inside the embassy. They removed computer equipment about 100 hard drives. The on-site security team was blocked from searching them.

Holy cow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Are you kidding me?  CNN was the king of media malpractice when it came to this story, you know that.  Quick search and CNN is half the stories on these lists.:lmao:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/25/media-russia-collusion-mueller-report-fake-news/

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/beyond-buzzfeed-the-10-worst-most-embarrassing-u-s-media-failures-on-the-trumprussia-story/

Some

of those are getting a date wrong...its not what was claimed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Biff84 said:

And for a significant chunk of the country, him reading from the report will be new information, much of it damning against Trump and the people he surrounded himself with.

LOL..Yeah right.  Cause it hasn't been covered in the media ad nauseum.  If someone doesn't know about what is in the Mueller report by now, that person is almost definitely not watching the congressional hearings.  The point was not to get the message out to more people, it's to get more from Mueller than what he put in his report.  And considering he said, quite clearly, that if he testifies he will stay within the confines of what was in the report....guess what we have again?  Stupidity.  Wasted time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

LOL..Yeah right.  Cause it hasn't been covered in the media ad nauseum.  If someone doesn't know about what is in the Mueller report by now, that person is almost definitely not watching the congressional hearings.  The point was not to get the message out to more people, it's to get more from Mueller than what he put in his report.  And considering he said, quite clearly, that if he testifies he will stay within the confines of what was in the report....guess what we have again?  Stupidity.  Wasted time.

Hopefully Barr will be listening so he can correct his summary. And how many in Congress have read the report? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SoBeDad said:

Hopefully Barr will be listening so he can correct his summary. And how many in Congress have read the report? 

I don't have the answer to that question.  Do you?

You want Barr to re-summarize after the hearings?  LOL.

Edited by supermike80
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I don't have the answer to that question.  Do you?

You want Barr to re-summarize after the hearings?  LOL.

Barr should be held accountable if he spun the report for the President. Many in Congress haven't read the report, but they'll listen to the book club. How many read or scrutinized the intelligence reports and summaries before voting to support the Iraq war? Congress may have an impeachment vote coming up, I wanna make sure they have no excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TripItUp said:
10 hours ago, The Commish said:

Like i said before...... if you're relying on our media to help you with legislation,  you're doing it wrong no matter what capacity you are using them in. 

I'm not relying on anything.  Let's not create false narratives.

Not YOU specific...you as in "one"...."If one is relying on...."

Either way, it's pretty clear you, as in you the individual, think the media has some part/responsibility in helping with legislation or you wouldn't have brought them up as an excuse for why this administration can't seem to get things done.  Them being part of any equation, no matter how big/small is doing it wrong.  You guys rail against the US media 24 x 7.  You talk about how bad they are, how biased they are etc etc.  But then you turn around and say "If they'd stop doing X and start doing Y it would help a lot".  That's completely illogical to me because if they are biased while doing X, wouldn't they also be biased in doing Y?  I suspect if they did as you asked you'd simply start #####ing about how they are biased in doing Y.  "They aren't teaching the RIGHT VERSION of Y" or "Wow...they are presenting Y in a completely dishonest way" blah blah blah.  

The media is your boogieman....I get it.  No need to pretend otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Barr should be held accountable if he spun the report for the President. Many in Congress haven't read the report, but they'll listen to the book club. How many read or scrutinized the intelligence reports and summaries before voting to support the Iraq war? Congress may have an impeachment vote coming up, I wanna make sure they have no excuses.

How would you like to hold Barr accountable for doing nothing illegal?  How do you know many in congress didn't read the report?  Again, I'm not entirely sure you understand what is going on.  Everything in the report has been published by the media.  All any congressperson needed to do was to go CNN to find out.  There will be nothing new here.  And every time impeachment is brought up I chuckle. 

Edited by supermike80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

How would you like to hold Barr accountable for doing nothing illegal? 

Unethical is enough -- we're talking about the highest-ranking law enforcement officer in the country.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Unethical is enough -- we're talking about the highest-ranking law enforcement officer in the country.

Gonna be hard to deem it unethical---that's your opinion.  Those on the other side of the aisle felt it was a decent summary.  You wont' win this one.  And hey, I get sometimes you want to fight to just say you had the fight.  I respect that.  Many of you feel President Trump should be impeached just to do it, knowing full well it has a zero chance of success at this point.  If that helps you sleep at night then God speed.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

LOL..Yeah right.  Cause it hasn't been covered in the media ad nauseum.  If someone doesn't know about what is in the Mueller report by now, that person is almost definitely not watching the congressional hearings.  The point was not to get the message out to more people, it's to get more from Mueller than what he put in his report.  And considering he said, quite clearly, that if he testifies he will stay within the confines of what was in the report....guess what we have again?  Stupidity.  Wasted time.

I don’t even get his comment.  Mueller already read his report with wall to wall coverage on every channel 3 months ago. It was a complete waste of time for everybody then and it will be a complete waste of time for everybody now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

I don’t even get his comment.  Mueller already read his report with wall to wall coverage on every channel 3 months ago. It was a complete waste of time for everybody then and it will be a complete waste of time for everybody now. 

Same here. I don't understand.  What is the goal?   There will be nothing new.  If congress wants to impeach him over what's in the report, just do it.  I don't see how having Mueller testify has any bearing on this at all.  If it's politics, which it might be..More media coverage to make Trump look criminal..I guess I get that.  That's the only explanation I can accept.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

These 11 Mueller Report Myths Just Won’t Die. Here’s Why They’re Wrong

Hopefully, Congress can put an end to some of these myths for some people, including their own members.

You mean when Mueller repeats word for word what he put in the report when he's asked questions?  That solution?  That'll clear everything up?

I swear.  I can actually envision him responding with  "I refer you to page XXX of the report submitted to Congress" Every time he's asked questions

Edited by supermike80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given how many GOP Congressmen won't even read the report, just sitting there quoting it will be a benefit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

You mean when Mueller repeats word for word what he put in the report when he's asked questions?  That solution?  That'll clear everything up?

I swear.  I can actually envision him responding with  "I refer you to page XXX of the report submitted to Congress" Every time he's asked questions

I know this is hyperbole but even that I think would be valuable. Had an exchange with someone here who said (paraphrasing) 'If Mueller says that [thing plainly said in report] Republicans will flip out.' Well, yeah.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1150850285700599808?s=20

 

Pretty interesting. Assange had the embassy internet upgraded prior to the 2016 email leaks. Also, had a special guests list that didn't require people to sign in or be searched upon entering and exiting the embassy.  🤔 

Quote

Despite being confined to the embassy while seeking safe passage to Ecuador, Assange met with Russians and world-class hackers at critical moments, frequently for hours at a time. He also acquired powerful new computing and network hardware to facilitate data transfers just weeks before WikiLeaks received hacked materials from Russian operatives.

These stunning details come from hundreds of surveillance reports compiled for the Ecuadorian government by UC Global, a private Spanish security company, and obtained by CNN. They chronicle Assange's movements and provide an unprecedented window into his life at the embassy. They also add a new dimension to the Mueller report, which cataloged how WikiLeaks helped the Russians undermine the US election.

An Ecuadorian intelligence official told CNN that the surveillance reports are authentic.

 

-CNN

- The Stone/Assange matters are is hanging outside the Mueller report, just awaiting conclusion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US govt believes Michael Flynn was doing more work for Turkey than previously known

Quote

 

A court hearing on Friday revealed that US authorities have previously unknown information about former national security adviser Michael Flynn doing secret work for the Turkish government "because of (his) relationship with an ongoing presidential campaign."

Flynn has previously only admitted publicly to filing false foreign lobbying disclosure documents regarding work for Turkey done by his lobbying group the Flynn Intel Group in 2016.

Prosecutors wrote to lawyers for Flynn's ex-lobbying partner Bijan Kian that the US government was "in possession of multiple, independent pieces of information relating to the Turkish government's efforts to influence United States policy on Turkey and Fethullah Gulen, including information relating to communications, interactions, and a relationship between Ekim Alptekin and Michael Flynn, and Ekim Alptekin's engagement of Michael Flynn because of Michael Flynn's relationship with an ongoing presidential campaign, without any reference to the defendant of FIG."

Kian's attorney Mark MacDougall read the statement at a court hearing Friday morning. He implied that the newly revealed information about Flynn -- which was not part of his admitted crimes in his plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller -- may be classified. ...

 

- I feel that Flynn is and has been angling for a pardon, especially by now hiring Sidney Powell, but if / when Trump does it it's going to have to be very sweeping to account for all of Flynn's high crimes and misdeeds alike.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I know this is hyperbole but even that I think would be valuable. Had an exchange with someone here who said (paraphrasing) 'If Mueller says that [thing plainly said in report] Republicans will flip out.' Well, yeah.

Well I get the sentiment, but  generally the republicans don't flip out.  Completely different from democrats.   Republicans seem to be in better control of their emotions.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, supermike80 said:

Well I get the sentiment, but  generally the republicans don't flip out.  Completely different from democrats.   Republicans seem to be in better control of their emotions.   

Yes, Nunes, Meadows and Gohmert are certainly living proof of that. But again, that wasn't my comment. - I anticipate something like what we saw after Mueller's press conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Well I get the sentiment, but  generally the republicans don't flip out.  Completely different from democrats.   Republicans seem to be in better control of their emotions.   

You cant be serious with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Yes, Nunes, Meadows and Gohmert are certainly living proof of that. But again, that wasn't my comment. - I anticipate something like what we saw after Mueller's press conference.

Graham, Jordan....watch any of the Kavanaugh hearings and tell me again Republicans don't flip out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Graham, Jordan....watch any of the Kavanaugh hearings and tell me again Republicans don't flip out.

YOU LIE! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

You cant be serious with this.

Generally Sho.   Nothing is always.  Generally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Generally Sho.   Nothing is always.  Generally.

Even so...its demonstrably false.  There is nothing coming close to supporting democrats being more emotionally driven than republicans in power.  They flip out all the time...in congress...on this board.

Generally speaking...everyone flips out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Even so...its demonstrably false.  There is nothing coming close to supporting democrats being more emotionally driven than republicans in power.  They flip out all the time...in congress...on this board.

Generally speaking...everyone flips out.

Your response is noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Graham, Jordan....watch any of the Kavanaugh hearings and tell me again Republicans don't flip out.

True. Graham went unhinged precisely at the moment Kavanaugh explained why yes his calendar did in fact reflect a party like the one Ford described.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They must have really twisted hard to get him to do it.  It’s a no-win situation.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still trying to get out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Delaying this joke if a hearing does nothing but hurt the dems. They know they have nothing. Just more time to make #### up and continue the unhinged hysteria over this nonissue 

Edited by BroncoFreak_2K3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Delaying this joke if a hearing does nothing but hurt the dems. They know they have nothing. Just more time to make #### up and continue the unhinged hysteria over this nonissue 

Russian interference into the election (and their ongoing efforts) is not a non-issue.  Neither are the numerous instances of obstruction of justice by POTUS.

 

Edited by sho nuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really Russia related, but-

https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/1151144461738446848

Just want to point out that Glenn Greenwald is under fire from a fascist government in Brazil- who are using rank homophobia, threats of imprisonment, a retaliatory investigation, and refusing to provide security while he receives death threats- because he exposed corrupt practice in the Brazilian judiciary.  

Hopefully people who spent the past few years sliming him as a Russian agent and Trump sycophant, who are so quick to point out how much they care about the free press, recognize the courageous and important work he's doing out there. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Not really Russia related, but-

https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/1151144461738446848

Just want to point out that Glenn Greenwald is under fire from a fascist government in Brazil- who are using rank homophobia, threats of imprisonment, a retaliatory investigation, and refusing to provide security while he receives death threats- because he exposed corrupt practice in the Brazilian judiciary.  

Hopefully people who spent the past few years sliming him as a Russian agent and Trump sycophant, who are so quick to point out how much they care about the free press, recognize the courageous and important work he's doing out there. 

Like most folks, he's not wholly good or bad. 

He does some good work, but can be woefully mistaken in other areas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, sho nuff said:

Obviously some of you care because you keep making false claims about it or coming to the defense of someone making the claim.

There was a thread early on where people weighed in on whether he’d finish his first term or be impeached.  Many people said they thought he’d be impeached. In general they had a much higher opinion of the country than it appears was warranted.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Delaying this joke if a hearing does nothing but hurt the dems. They know they have nothing. Just more time to make #### up and continue the unhinged hysteria over this nonissue 

this post is what happens when you record random words off of Fox News and transcribe them.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

There was a thread early on where people weighed in on whether he’d finish his first term or be impeached.  Many people said they thought he’d be impeached. In general they had a much higher opinion of the country than it appears was warranted.  

I'm still predicting he resigns due to dementia or has a stroke.  Apparently I have more faith in diseases than I do our elected representatives.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Misfit said:

You should read them.  They are concise and will only set you back about 5-10 minutes.  The people in here acting like the whole thing is a hoax clearly haven't read them.

Amen brotha!

I have them printed out, but everyone I have talked to said they are a slam dunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.