Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Mueller - "Over the course of my career, I've seen a number of challenges to our democracy.The Russian govt's effort to interfere in our election is among the most serious."

@Memphis Foundry @David Dodds @Joe Bryant

I know I've asked this question a few times before, but I'd really like to know if it's possible to recover Bob Magaw's old 'Russian Connection' thread from an archived database or something.  Is there maybe a save state or old version of the database from 2017 that might still have this thread?  Would there be any way to upload the files as a viewable page to the footballguys domain? It would be such a joy to read again.  

Thank you all

8 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

@Memphis Foundry @David Dodds @Joe Bryant

I know I've asked this question a few times before, but I'd really like to know if it's possible to recover Bob Magaw's old 'Russian Connection' thread from an archived database or something.  Is there maybe a save state or old version of the database from 2017 that might still have this thread?  Would there be any way to upload the files as a viewable page to the footballguys domain? It would be such a joy to read again.  

Thank you all

Thanks. From what I know,  it's not possible. If something changes there, we'll let you know. 

• Thanks 1

Seth Cousins, a juror in Roger Stone's trial:

"Let me be clear: We did not convict Mr. Stone based on his political beliefs ... We convicted him of obstructing a congressional investigation, of lying in 5 specific ways ... and of tampering with a witness."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-was-a-juror-in-roger-stones-trial-we-took-his-rights-seriously/2019/11/22/234d7df0-0d46-11ea-97ac-a7ccc8dd1ebc_story.html

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/malcolm-nance-on-the-danger-of-conspiracy-theories

Good article here on conspiracy theorist Malcolm Nance.  Hard to overstate what a grifting conman this MSNBC pundit is.  

And your thoughts on the people pushing conspiracy theories in the White House? Also grifting conmen?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Biff84 said:

And your thoughts on the people pushing conspiracy theories in the White House? Also grifting conmen?

What does this have to do with what I posted?  I'm not familiar with what conspiracy theories they're pushing, or where they got them.  They are certainly grifting conmen, you'll get no argument from me there.   

It really doesn't matter where the leaks came from- they revealed information in the public interest, that the DNC was partisan and had its thumb on the scale.  Why we had to suffer through a 2-year slog of antiRussian hysteria and delusional TrumpRussia conspiracy mongering for that, I have no idea.

I believe Assange/WL were telling the truth when they said the source wasn't affiliated with the Russian state.  It is a shame that the investigation never followed that lead.  You all disagree on that point, and that's fine.  Any thoughts on Nance, or did you just want to get the little partisan shot in there?

39 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

What does this have to do with what I posted?  I'm not familiar with what conspiracy theories they're pushing, or where they got them.  They are certainly grifting conmen, you'll get no argument from me there.   

It really doesn't matter where the leaks came from- they revealed information in the public interest, that the DNC was partisan and had its thumb on the scale.  Why we had to suffer through a 2-year slog of antiRussian hysteria and delusional TrumpRussia conspiracy mongering for that, I have no idea.

I believe Assange/WL were telling the truth when they said the source wasn't affiliated with the Russian state.  It is a shame that the investigation never followed that lead.  You all disagree on that point, and that's fine.  Any thoughts on Nance, or did you just want to get the little partisan shot in there?

Nance is a hack. But I don’t see why you are calling him out and not both sides. You want to call me out for a partisan shot but what exactly were you doing? Both sides have conspiracy theorist but you only call out the side that’s not pushing a pro-Russia agenda.

3 hours ago, Biff84 said:

Nance is a hack. But I don’t see why you are calling him out and not both sides. You want to call me out for a partisan shot but what exactly were you doing? Both sides have conspiracy theorist but you only call out the side that’s not pushing a pro-Russia agenda.

Well I'm not proTrump.  Go look at the Israel/Iran/Venezuela threads if you think he's my buddy or something.  He's not on my "team".  What about this writer at the New Yorker?  Is he a big Trump guy as well?  

I don't view Nance as "your" conspiracy theorist.  He's just a nutjob.  Anyone can look at his work the past couple years and come to that conclusion.  And he was given one of the biggest platforms on the planet to disseminate lies.  This guy was up there pushing Infowars-tier nonsense, credulously, with zero pushback from the MSNBC panels he sat on.  It's relevant to this thread because people echoed some of his outlandish conspiracy theories.  

If I had a bias against anything, it was the damage these bogus TrumpRussia conspiracy theories caused.  Not only because they helped Trump in the end, but because they concentrated popular resistance against Trump into an asinine, moronic conspiracy theory.  People like Nance need to answer for that.

Edited by ren hoek

McGahn could blow a hole in the Trump narrative that Trump did not, in fact, ask McGhan to fire Mueller (and then ask him to cover it up by authoring false emails - you know, like innocent people always do).

Edited by zoonation

Ouch: 

To the contrary, it is well established that “imply calling an issue important— primarily because it involves the relationship of the political branches—does not transform the Executive’s weak arguments into a likelihood of success or a substantial appellate issue.”

Edited by Sinn Fein

11 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Ouch: 

Here's the bigger ouch:

"DOJ’s argument that the Judiciary Committee will not be meaningfully harmed by a stay of this Court’s Order pending appeal seems disingenuous, and therefore, is unpersuasive."

In litigation, one side calls the other side's arguments disingenuous all the time, and courts generally just roll their eyes at it. A court would not make such an accusation itself unless it were very clear.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Here's the bigger ouch:

"DOJ’s argument that the Judiciary Committee will not be meaningfully harmed by a stay of this Court’s Order pending appeal seems disingenuous, and therefore, is unpersuasive."

In litigation, one side calls the other side's arguments disingenuous all the time, and courts generally just roll their eyes at it. A court would not make such an accusation itself unless it were very clear.

I think the DOJ was arguing that there was no harm because the House was also waiting on Grand Jury materials - which are up on appeal - and the Court noted that delay was caused by DOJ, so it was essentially trying to piggyback onto its own delaying tactic to claim no harm here.

The speech that Trump wrote for Sessions, which he dictated to Lewandowski who then locked it up in a safe.

Snip.

Snip2.

Snip3.

- Btw the DOJ has redacted the hell out of this stuff.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

According to the newly released transcripts, Cohen said Sekulow more or less shut him down when he offered more information on contacts with Russia regarding Trump Tower Moscow.

“Cohen said there were more communications with Russia and more communications with Trump than were reflected” in the written testimony to lawmakers, according to the memo. He said he specifically recalled telling Trump he had spoken to a “woman from the Kremlin who asked specific and great questions about Trump Tower Moscow.” He also said he told Trump that he was “waiting to hear back from them.”

Sekulow responded that it was “not necessary to elaborate or include those details because the transaction did not take place,” the memo reads. Sekulow kept pushing him, according to Cohen, urging him to “stay on message and not over elaborate.” He also told him he would be “protected” if he didn't go “rogue.”

Sekulow is also said to have told Cohen that it was “time to move on” and to avoid contradicting the president.

“Sekulow told Cohen ‘his client,’ referring to Trump, wanted Cohen to cooperate and appreciated him,” the memo states.

Cohen also told investigators he inquired with Sekulow about pardons after the FBI raided his home and office. He said he been “a loyal lawyer and servant” who was “all of the sudden subject to search and seizure,” and wanted to know “what was in it for him.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-cohen-jay-sekulow-told-me-to-keep-quiet-about-additional-russia-communications-in-moscow-tower-deal

3 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

1 hour ago, Slapdash said:

That is how innocent people talk

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The speech that Trump wrote for Sessions, which he dictated to Lewandowski who then locked it up in a safe.

Snip.

Snip2.

Snip3.

Hahaha Russian hoax

:hot:

• Sad 1

On 6/25/2019 at 2:39 AM, ren hoek said:

🎵 Don't stop, belieeeeeving! 🎵

🎵 Hold on to that treeeeeeasonnn! 🎵

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Snip.

Snip2.

Snip3.

Do you have a link that is legible? 

18 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Flynn judge is allowing him to go to S. Korea over Christmas

What in the world? A FELON is given back his passport and allowed to go out of the country? Is this normal????

I believe Michael Flynn is still party to an agreement wherein he provides substantial assistance to prosecutors.  This seems likely to be related.

2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I believe Michael Flynn is still party to an agreement wherein he provides substantial assistance to prosecutors.  This seems likely to be related.

So, a "business" trip?

Wait! There’s more!

Key Mueller witness, major Clinton and Trump donor charged with funneling $3.5 million in illegal contributions in 2016 U.S. elections

George Nader, an adviser to the United Arab Emirates who acted as an intermediary for members of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign seeking to forge contacts in the Middle East, was charged with conspiring to make conduit campaign contributions and related offenses in a 53-count indictment unsealed Tuesday in Washington, prosecutors said.

Trump or not, our government is getting ground up and reconstituted as a straight up plutocracy. This administration is just making it more gallingly obvious. And all most of us care about are superhero movies and our next smart phone. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Trump or not, our government is getting ground up and reconstituted as a straight up plutocracy. This administration is just making it more gallingly obvious. And all most of us care about are superhero movies and our next smart phone. 

Tragic, but good posting.

Think about this... had the Democrats not won the House, we’d be hearing bits and pieces like we did in the lead-up to the Mueller Report, before Barr intervened, but GOP would have throughly blocked evidence.

We can’t allow these tyrants to win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Tragic, but good posting.

Think about this... had the Democrats not won the House, we’d be hearing bits and pieces like we did in the lead-up to the Mueller Report, before Barr intervened, but GOP would have throughly blocked evidence.

We can’t allow these tyrants to win. 

I also think ordinarily, the Ukraine scandal is an absolute model for what the Special Counsel law is created for. But we know it won't happen here - BARR - and we also know that for all the work the SCO did the evidence is still jammed up in DOJ. So in this situation Congress did its own investigation and went straight to impeachment, and even apparently got their own evidence. - But yeah none of it happens with a GOP House.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

Yeah, imagine that. Whether Trump is booted out or not, whether our next prez has a D or R next to their name (aside from Bernie), we’re all still going to be stuck working long hours with junk wages, minimal benefits, failing social welfare systems, and still run by billionaires and their corporations in an increasingly neofeudalistic society. It’s almost like none of this even matters. I honestly can’t believe that the majority of our population could care less.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Yeah, imagine that. Whether Trump is booted out or not, whether our next prez has a D or R next to their name (aside from Bernie), we’re all still going to be stuck working long hours with junk wages, minimal benefits, failing social welfare systems, and still run by billionaires and their corporations in an increasingly neofeudalistic society. It’s almost like none of this even matters. I honestly can’t believe that the majority of our population could care less.

What really matters is where people can urinate and immigrants occupying vacation homes. 

12 hours ago, dozer said:

Wait! There’s more!

Key Mueller witness, major Clinton and Trump donor charged with funneling $3.5 million in illegal contributions in 2016 U.S. elections

George Nader, an adviser to the United Arab Emirates who acted as an intermediary for members of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign seeking to forge contacts in the Middle East, was charged with conspiring to make conduit campaign contributions and related offenses in a 53-count indictment unsealed Tuesday in Washington, prosecutors said.

You know the illegal donations were to Clinton right?

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Both.

U.S. prosecutors also charged Ahmad “Andy” Khawaja, a Lebanese American businessman, with 35 counts related to allegations that he conspired with Nader to conceal the source of more than $3.5 million in campaign contributions directed to U.S. political committees associated with presidential candidates.

A statement released by the Justice Department did not name the committees or candidate. But federal donor records show that Khawaja is a major political contributor, who, since 2016, personally gave $3 million to Democratic candidates and groups — including $1 million to Priorities USA, the main super PAC supporting Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign — and $1 million to Trump’s inaugural fund.

Wapo

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

18 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Lock him/her/all of those that break the law up

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Both.

Wapo

ok, the article I read stated the 3.5 mil went to Clinton.  Were the donations to the Trump fund illegal as well?  Sounded like those were made under Khawaja's name. 

https://www.ibtimes.com/mueller-witness-george-nader-charged-over-clinton-donations-possible-links-uae-2878993

Although federal prosecutors continue to investigate the origins of the $3.5 million in illegal Clinton campaign donations, it appears possible that the funds may have come from the UAE leadership through Nader. Although not the focus of these recent federal charges, it is also possible that Zamel’s pro-Trump online campaign funding originated, at least in part, from the UAE.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, msommer said:

Lock him/her/all of those that break the law up

DC is gross.  Another story and another mention of a sex offender. 

43 minutes ago, Max Power said:

ok, the article I read stated the 3.5 mil went to Clinton.  Were the donations to the Trump fund illegal as well?  Sounded like those were made under Khawaja's name. 

https://www.ibtimes.com/mueller-witness-george-nader-charged-over-clinton-donations-possible-links-uae-2878993

I don’t know if it’s possible to tell right now, but the inauguration fund was under investigation. That was partly what Gates was under investigation for. At any rate Nader is one of the vilest reptiles in any swamp anywhere. This is only good news.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I don’t know if it’s possible to tell right now, but the inauguration fund was under investigation. That was partly what Gates was under investigation for. At any rate Nader is one of the vilest reptiles in any swamp anywhere. This is only good news.

Wasn't there also a few millions unaccounted for?

Tom Winter

@Tom_Winter

BREAKING / NBC News: Federal prosecutors say Paul Manafort's business partner and former Trump campaign staffer Rick Gates should get probation citing his cooperation. They say Gates was pressured not to cooperate and received assurance of "monetary assistance" if he didn't.

9:32 AM · Dec 10, 2019·TweetDeck

Tom Winter

@Tom_Winter

Here's the quote from the sentencing memo: "Gates received pressure not to cooperate with the government, including assurances of monetary assistance."

9:45 AM · Dec 10, 2019·TweetDeck

Edited by Bucky86

3 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Tom Winter

@Tom_Winter

BREAKING / NBC News: Federal prosecutors say Paul Manafort's business partner and former Trump campaign staffer Rick Gates should get probation citing his cooperation. They say Gates was pressured not to cooperate and received assurance of "monetary assistance" if he didn't.

Tom Winter

@Tom_Winter

Here's the quote from the sentencing memo: "Gates received pressure not to cooperate with the government, including assurances of monetary assistance."

Also....

RICK GATES reveals he interviewed with special counsel Mueller and other prosecutors for more than 500 hours since he began cooperating.

4 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Tom Winter

@Tom_Winter

Tom Winter

@Tom_Winter

What, that's not okay?

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

Just now, Bucky86 said:

So...who offered him "monetary assistance?" 

I would imagine Manafort would have.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:
56 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

So...who offered him "monetary assistance?" 

I would imagine Manafort would have.

Usually it would be George Soros.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

Shhhh... Guys, quiet.  Sergey Lavrov is on TV at the White House with Mike Pompeo in a press conference called by the President explaining that Russia wasn't involved.

• Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Shhhh... Guys, quiet.  Sergey Lavrov is on TV at the White House with Mike Pompeo in a press conference called by the President explaining that Russia wasn't involved.

Unreal.  Lavrov gaslighting the American public from a podium in the White House.  But Zelensky can't even get a meeting.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, zoonation said:

Unreal.  Lavrov gaslighting the American public from a podium in the White House.  But Zelensky can't even get a meeting.

Sure he can.  We just need him to do us a favor.  And the other thing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Nuh-uh, no, nah...you’re just making a fun little quip, right?  That’s not what’s happening, right?  RIGHT?!

Just now, That one guy said:

Nuh-uh, no, nah...you’re just making a fun little quip, right?  That’s not what’s happening, right?  RIGHT?!

Of course not. It happened 45 minutes ago.