What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (4 Viewers)

Thinking about this a bit. This dossier appears to be loaded with stuff that is potentially damaging to Trump. If someone was just making all this stuff up, why include something bizarre sounding like the golden shower episode. Wouldn't the other items seem more credible on their own if they did not? That line of thinking probably lends more credence to it actually being true if you follow that train of thought. I still doubt that piece is, but including it does a disservice to other evidence because it makes people discount it.
The entire dossier sounds like orchestrated bs to me. It's just too crazy.

- Further evidence of extensive conspiracy between campaign team and Kremlin, sanctioned at highest levels and involving Russian diplomatic staff based in the US
Source claimed that Russian diplomatic staff in key cities such as New York, Washington DC and Miami were using the emigre pension distribution system as cover.
- I realize that Flynn was acting as the NSA to be, but the root of it was he was communicating with the Russian embassy (MFA) and he was caught in passive communications.

And the FBI interviewed him just after the election, so they must have had reason to suspect he was up to something during the campaign. Though arguably that was about his past Russia Today and GRU contacts.

Sounds like it's a story made up out of Hollywood...
Foreign bribery is pretty standard stuff. A lot of the dossier is. Russia has a long history of compromise and disinformation abroad and Big Corporate execs have a history of foreign bribery and personal indiscretions when they feel free to play abroad with no limits. The allegations really are not wild IMO. The wild part is assigning them to a sitting President.

John SchindlerVerified account‏@20committee

Now we go nuclear. IC war going to new levels. Just got an EM fm senior IC friend, it began: "He will die in jail."
Incredible he just put that out there, but if true that info is just... beyond surreal that we could go through that as a country.

And now, today, at noon: a press conference.

Well what could possibly go wrong.

Incredible he just put that out there, but if true that info is just... beyond surreal that we could go through that as a country.

And now, today, at noon: a press conference.

Well what could possibly go wrong.
The sad thing is if this thing gets traction and ends up being Trump's downfall we'll still have 40% of the country who will think it was just the establishment who unfairly got rid of him. Fake news blah blah blah.

The sad thing is if this thing gets traction and ends up being Trump's downfall we'll still have 40% of the country who will think it was just the establishment who unfairly got rid of him. Fake news blah blah blah.
I don't care. Ben Stein still cries whenever he's asked about Nixon and sobs that the evil left just didn't understand his greatness. I point and laugh at him when he does.

A house divided cannot stand.

A house burned down is not a house.

Yeah that concerns me too.

Cross posting

John Schindler this morning:

Now we go nuclear. IC war going to new levels. Just got an EM fm senior IC friend, it began: "He will die in jail."

These things take time.  Remember it took almost two years from the time of the first report that one of the Watergate burglars might have a connection to the White House until the country was ready for impeachment. We didn't really have anything solid on Trump and Russia until probably the December 2016 assessment that Russia hacked the DNC in an effort to help Trump.

I can only hope Trump is smart enough to become allies with Russia.  They are the last Christian superpower country that still hasnt given up traditions and values.  The Russians don't blow up Americans, rape children, stone women, sell people into slavery, and throw gay people off buildings.  

KremlinGate Enters Uncharted Waters as Russian Links Overwhelm DC

John Schindler

Washington is at the precipice of a scandal unlike anything seen since Watergate. Indeed, KremlinGate promises to be much seedier and more troubling than anything proffered by President Nixon.

Here the inevitable comparisons to Watergate fall short. Tricky **** committed domestic crimes, and paid the price for them, but Nixon was in no way beholden to a foreign power—much less one which has several thousand nuclear weapons pointed at the United States. Neither did Nixon collude with that foreign power’s spies to arrange his own election to the presidency.

We are now discussing things worse than mere impeachment. If members of Trump’s team colluded with Russian intelligence, the Espionage Act comes into play, and we’ve entered uncharted waters, presidentially speaking.

Blackstone
And from an article posted by Fatness in the Trump thread, more on Blackstone:

The former campaign manager for President Donald Trump’s White House bid has told prospective lobbying clients that he has access to Trump’s Twitter account, four sources told BuzzFeed News.

In discussions with representatives from at least two different potential clients — Facebook and financial company Blackstone Group — Lewandowski mentioned having access to Trump’s Twitter account as a selling point, according to different sources who were briefed on each meeting by participants. Sources also said Lewandowski brought up the same thing in additional meetings as well, but it’s unclear which other companies he was courting when he made the same claim.

In emails, Lewandowski repeatedly denied he mentioned access to Trump’s Twitter account or that he met with anyone at either of those companies. “I know facts don’t matter to buzz feed but it’s not true,” he wrote. On questions about his meeting with Facebook, he simply said: “Never.” And regarding any talks with Blackstone, he said: “I never met Blackstone. Please make sure you accurately report that! I doubt you will.”

And a Blackstone Group spokesperson said the firm did not engage in discussions about services from his new firm. Asked a broader follow-up question about any meetings with Lewandowski at all, the spokesperson repeated the same previous response.

Blackstone Group CEO Steve Schwarzman is the chairman of Trump’s strategic and policy forum.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tariniparti/corey-lewandowskis-potential-clients-say-hes-bragging-about?utm_term=.ng6qRzQ7j#.hbvwxkXP6

- So Blackstone appears to have a piece of the Rosneft sales.

- And Blackstone's CEO heads Trump's strategic and policy forum.

Ok.

KremlinGate seems to out in front, but I think we need to change this to TrumpGate.   Because, branding.
To be fair though, I thought that was already planned for the main passage through The Yuge Wall of Trump...

...I could be wrong though. :shrug:

Sorry for the spam SID & serious folk, in an effort to apologize, I offer this...although this may be more appropriate, unless this mess gets cleaned up in the proper way soon.

Finally, great work guys/gals, I really appreciate the hard work that has gone into this thread.  I don't post much here, but I learn much.  :thumbup:

Thanks, also looking at the WaPo report from the Trump thread.

The decision to back Trump’s trademark claim for construction services relating to residential, business and hotel real estate was first flagged by China’s Trademark Office back in September, when a long-standing rival claim by a Chinese man called Dong Wei was invalidated.

... The construction trademark registered by Dong Wei in 2006 had been a long-standing thorn in Trump’s side, and the subject of a protracted court battle and many setbacks.
I'm not going to get into it here, since this is the 'Russia' thread, but it looks like Trump applied for branding within a week of the election, had the break with One China some time after. Then had the call with Xi where he was forced to lsoe face and accept One China, then the TM was accepted. This is probably worth a lot to DJT (tens of millions?) and just highlights the huge, continuing conflict of issue problem he has.

But that's not the issue here. The issue, in part, are the claims in the Steele dossier, which included this:

Commenting on the negative media publicity surrounding alleged Russian interference in the US election campaign in support of TRUMP, Source said he understood that the Republican candidate and his team were relatively relaxed about this because it deflected media and the Democrats' attention away from TRUMP's business dealings in China and other emerging markets. Unlike in Russia, these were substantial and involved the payment of large bribes and kickbacks which, were they to become public, would be potentially very damaging to their campaign.
- Looking at this in a vacuum that would absolutely be the case here. Trump has the Flynn imbroglio going on right now, and few notice the Chinese government drop a huge bundle of money in his lap.

I know, per WaPo, not directly connected and independently happened, but its consistent with the Steele dossier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow this article slipped through the cracks yesterday:

As part of intelligence operations being conducted against the United States for the last seven months, at least one Western European ally intercepted a series of communications before the inauguration between advisers associated with President Donald Trump and Russian government officials, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The sources said the interceptions include at least one contact between former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and a Russian official based in the United States. It could not be confirmed whether this involved the telephone call with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that has led to Flynn’s resignation, or additional communications. The sources said the intercepted communications are not just limited to telephone calls: The foreign agency is also gathering electronic and human source information on Trump’s overseas business partners, at least some of whom the intelligence services now consider to be agents of their respective governments. These operations are being conducted out of concerns that Russia is seeking to manipulate its relationships with Trump administration officials as part of a long-term plan to destabilize the NATO alliance.

The Western European intelligence operations began in August, after the British government obtained information that people acting on behalf of Russia were in contact with members of the Trump campaign. Those details from the British were widely shared among the NATO allies in Europe. The Baltic nation has been gathering intelligence for at least that long, and has conducted surveillance of executives from the Trump Organization who were traveling in Europe.
There's a bunch of other details in there, but needless to say European intelligence is a wee bit concerned.

http://www.newsweek.com/allies-intercept-russia-trump-adviser-communications-557283

There's a bunch of other details in there, but needless to say European intelligence is a wee bit concerned.

http://www.newsweek.com/allies-intercept-russia-trump-adviser-communications-557283
There are so many ways this could have been done, all things could have happened at once.

And let's not forget the Russian tea leaves indicate we had assets on the other end anyway. We may still. It may have been the loss of those assets (or some of them) which may have led to all this.

The idea that this is some Democratic conspiracy because Clinton lost the election is such a load of chit. There's legitimate global concern about Trump in the White House. He's pissing off our allies for Christ sake. 

There are so many ways this could have been done, all things could have happened at once.

And let's not forget the Russian tea leaves indicate we had assets on the other end anyway. We may still. It may have been the loss of those assets (or some of them) which may have led to all this.
One thing out of that press conference I agree with Trump:  Putin sees no worth in negotiating with Trump who can no longer relax sanctions.  So, the dream scenario is gone because of the scandals, but Putin still got a disrupted electoral process and now can do whatever he wants without intervention.

The idea that this is some Democratic conspiracy because Clinton lost the election is such a load of chit. There's legitimate global concern about Trump in the White House. He's pissing off our allies for Christ sake. 
they're only our allies if they're paid up, apparently. otherwise, good luck to you and yours...

Users who are viewing this thread