What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (8 Viewers)

Trump says he only learned of Don Jr's meeting a few days ago.

I'm torn between thinking this is impossible and that it's incredibly probable. Thoughts?
it's really the only conceivable answer he can give. If he knew about it, it puts the whole "Russia is a hoax" when he fired Comey into completely different context. 

It would also mean all the comments, tweets, and deflection over the last year are completely disingenuous. Every single insane moment would be relived for weeks like the Don Jr comments at the DNC. Sure, you may believe all of it is disingenuous, but you don't really know it. 

Given he took a few days off before returning to the #fakenews stuff, it seems likely they scoured emails to see if Simple Don has written anything else incriminating. I'd guess at this point, based on what they are saying, he has not. It's quite possible other avenues of contradiction may exist, but it's a risk Trump pretty much has to take (if he knew). 

And for the time being, we chalk this one up to Jr being incompetent. It's an entirely credible defense sadly. If anything, it gets pinned on Manafort because he can't plausibly use the scarecrow defense. 

And for the time being, we chalk this one up to Jr being incompetent. It's an entirely credible defense sadly. 
The businessman thing was the best campaign idea ever.  Well, assuming you know your audience of course.  People use "he's a great businessman, it will transfer great to politics" as a reason to vote for him, and then they can fall back on "we're just a bunch of businessmen, we don't know anything about politics" when they get caught doing something nefarious.

Are you joking? There's approximately a 100% chance he knew about it. And the proof is that he said he didn't know about it.
I think he was on speakerphone during the meeting.
Wild speculation only at this point, and speculation that doesn't seem to fit well with other information out there.  That may be because the other stuff is a lie, but who knows.

I just can't get over how different everything related to Trump is now, after the results of the NYT investigative reporting and the Don Jr. release of emails.

It's just a different world here now.

I just can't get over how different everything related to Trump is now,
it definitely been a demarcation in the investigation .I think history will mark July 8th as the day this scandal went to 11
It has just turned everything upside down.

All of a sudden, the Fake News cries are undercut, the MSM is vindicated, Trump and team have been shown to be liars, and the Russian investigation is now clearly not a witch hunt.

Every major angle that has been solidified publicly has been undercut by the NYT stories and Trump Jr's release of the emails.  It's just unreal.

I just can't get over how different everything related to Trump is now, after the results of the NYT investigative reporting and the Don Jr. release of emails.

It's just a different world here now.
I don't think Trump supporters, the real ones, see any difference in right now than they saw a week ago. 

I really don't.
They have to.  The baseline for arguing in favor of Trump has shifted...they had to cede ground here.

No longer can they just call the MSM "Fake News", because here you have a story verified by Trump Jr, where he posts questionable stuff.  

So now the battlefield has shifted from "Fake news", crooked MSM, Russia nothingburger...to parsing what was in the emails that both sides have to take as fact.

It's a marked shift even for those still supporting Trump.  That's what's uncanny about this, even if it may not convince 100% of Trump supporters.  It's still significant enough to shake some of the fringe supporters, and that's incredible.

We got a politics forum and prefontaine back in one day? damn
wow, i figured no one remembered me. You've got a serious notebook. I've been perusing threads a bit lately as I've had more free time and just decided to post tonight. I'm honestly not sure when I last posted but it's been a loooong time
Welcome to the discussion.  

We used to have chips, cookies and beer...but the guys in the FFA took it away from us and kicked us out into our own forum.

:kicksrock:

One other thing to note - it seems every time he goes out of the country, some major news breaks while he's overseas or shortly after he returns.

Coincidence? Or does Trump being out of the country free folks up to talk?  

Man, was flipping channels and happened to see Anderson Cooper get savaged by Sebastian Gorka.  That was embarrassing to watch.

It's not as if Gorka has truth on his side...but the skill with which he insults Cooper, CNN, the media, doesn't answer questions unless it suits him, and dances around...it's just amazing...and disturbing.

wow, i figured no one remembered me. You've got a serious notebook. I've been perusing threads a bit lately as I've had more free time and just decided to post tonight. I'm honestly not sure when I last posted but it's been a loooong time
I remember you.  Good dude.  A runner, but we can't all be perfect. 

Is it possible for you to discuss or defend the actions of Trump and his inner circle on their own merits?

That would mean without referring to the actions of Clinton or Obama as a justification or deflection.
Well, those things matter if you want to set an honest standard for the way politicians are held accountable.  It seems like accountability starts the second the Trumps can get lynched for breathing at Russia the wrong way.

Man, was flipping channels and happened to see Anderson Cooper get savaged by Sebastian Gorka.  That was embarrassing to watch.

It's not as if Gorka has truth on his side...but the skill with which he insults Cooper, CNN, the media, doesn't answer questions unless it suits him, and dances around...it's just amazing...and disturbing.
The amazing thing about that interview is that at one point Gorka said (paraphrasing), the meeting was set up under false pretenses, and ended when that was determined.

Basically, we tried to collude but they didn't deliver their end so no harm, no foul. It's also remarkable that they have people, Gorka, Conway, and others still using the line about how this has been going on for year with No Evidence! It's hard for the people interviewing them because they are acting as if they live in an alternate universe where we didn't all just read Don Jr. conspiring to take damaging info from Russia with our own eyes. 

Users who are viewing this thread