What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (17 Viewers)

I'm lazy. What was the podesta stuff from last week that I missed somehow. People are referencing it and I cant figure out wtf they mean. 
It's going to cause controversy but the best way to explain it is look at the indictment Paragraph 20, page 15, where it says that Manafort hired two companies to do lobbying work. I'm guessing one of those is Podesta Group and the other Mercury. - Happy to be corrected as wrong if I am..

Manafort charges: Conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, failure to register as a foreign agent,

false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and 7 counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts

Former Trump campaign manager.

Funny thing is Trump is in a bit of a pardon trap now.

Technically his argument at face value will be: the charges on Manafort have nothing to do with the campaign. 

So then why pardon him? Is Trump going to pardon him for tax evasion and money laundering that supposedly has nothing to do with the dossier or Russia?
My guess would be he'll do whatever he thinks saves his own butt - will be interesting to see.

Para. 14 - the allegations include acts extending into 2017.
The 2017 is in reference to an interview with the FBI where he lied.  

In any case, this is the easy stuff (much like the Trump hotel in Baku) to prove that any federal prosecutor (much less a guy with the prosecutorial firepower Mueller has) could do.  There is BOATLOADS of easy financial crimes to find in Trump's orbit as they relate to Russia and is why he and everyone in his orbit is compromised.  

In any case, this is the easy stuff (much like the Trump hotel in Baku) to prove that any federal prosecutor (much less a guy with the prosecutorial firepower Mueller has) could do.  There is BOATLOADS of easy financial crimes to find in Trump's orbit as they relate to Russia and is why he and everyone in his orbit is compromised.  
Well that ought to scare the hell out of any of these folks who have been interviewed by Mueller, because it means their crimes are viewed as continuing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UqDX_quk0

Well that ought to scare the hell out of any of these folks who have been interviewed by Mueller, because it means their crimes are viewed as continuing.
The ironic part is Manafort lied to Comey/FBI twice (2016 and then again in Feb 2017).  Mueller has now been interviewing everyone else.  I'm sure they've all been telling the truth.

Gotta wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Trump. The fact that Manafort turned himself in willingly so quickly makes you wonder if he's planning on dealing and throwing absolutely everyone under the bus.

A pardon won't do any good if Manafort is dishing on Trump. 

The fact that the WH is still as quiet as it is right now is pretty good evidence, IMO, that they are scared.

Gotta wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Trump. The fact that Manafort turned himself in willingly so quickly makes you wonder if he's planning on dealing and throwing absolutely everyone under the bus.

The fact that the WH is still as quiet as it is right now is pretty good evidence, IMO, that they are scared.
It's interesting to me that Manafort told everyone that he had not been contacted. 

Meanwhile on FoxNews.com........

FOX & FRIENDS FIRST

Is the Russia collusion investigation unethical?

TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT

Tucker: Trump dossier is far from 'opposition research'

FOX & FRIENDS FIRST

King: Mueller needs to be transparent with American people

Remember the daughter's hack phone texts: "Don’t fool yourself,” Andrea wrote to her sister, according to the texts. “That money we have is blood money.” “You know he has killed people in Ukraine? Knowingly,” 

Pardon seems like the slightly more sane way to go.
If Manafort (or anyone Mueller charges) is pre-emptively pardoned... do they lose Fifth Amendment privileges?  Right now Manfort has the right to not incriminate himself and refuse to answer questions.  Does he lose that right if there's nothing to incriminate him for?

Why would Manafort turn on Trump?  Couldn't Trump just pardon him as part of a ###-for-tat?  No real reason to throw people under the bus if Trump can just pardon him anyway.  This is all assuming your thoughts are accurate.  I'd expect we're still a long time from Trump getting in any type of real trouble if he even does.

It's interesting to me that Manafort told everyone that he had not been contacted. 
I won't be shocked if he's already talking...they do a predawn raid of his apartment for backup of the FINCEN data on the cash movements, but then let him turn himself in.  That's more than a little fishy.  

Like I said, if I was Tom Barrack, I'd be very very nervous on the financial front and everyone in the campaign should be very nervous on what he knows that went on there.  Keep in mind he only brought back 18 of the 75 million that flowed through those accounts to the US...where's the other $57 million? 

Why would Manafort turn on Trump?  Couldn't Trump just pardon him as part of a ###-for-tat?  No real reason to throw people under the bus if Trump can just pardon him anyway.  This is all assuming your thoughts are accurate.  I'd expect we're still a long time from Trump getting in any type of real trouble if he even does.
Manafort might not turn (though my money is that he has/will), but the big dollar billionaires up to their eyeballs in this will and that has always been the weak point.  

Users who are viewing this thread