Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Mueller - "Over the course of my career, I've seen a number of challenges to our democracy.The Russian govt's effort to interfere in our election is among the most serious."

Just now, Sammy3469 said:

Lost in the recusal is that Trump said he shouldn't as he was leaving his speech in Virginia Beach.

There's Trump...

...and then there is this whole other government just orbiting around him. Out there. Somewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

There's Trump...

...and then there is this whole other government  reality just orbiting around him. Out there. Somewhere.

FYP

• Like 1

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

There's Trump...

...and then there is this whole other government just orbiting around him. Out there. Somewhere.

It's like the Repubs won a free vacation cruise. And then when they showed up it turned out to be the S.S. Titanic.

• Like 5

Chuck Rhoades also recused himself from the investigation into Axe. 

#StayWoke

• Like 1

Oh wait...what's that you say...Kislyak had an undisclosed meeting with Flynn and Kushner in December at the Trump Tower.  Amazing how the mind focuses somethimes.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/us/politics/kushner-flynn-sessions-russia.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0&referer=https://t.co/yTprFYU3ac

Ooohhhh.  That Kislyak.  Yeah, we did talk to him.

• Like 10

Just now, Henry Ford said:

probably as common as Smith in Russia

• Like 1

Does it feel like time is speeding up to anyone else?  Just hit after hit after hit.  The #MAGA crowd barely has time to resolve a cognitive dissonance before they realize there's a whole nother challenge popping up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

It's embarrassing to watch all Hillary's lap dogs now call for an investigation.

I would suggest a compromise along the lines of a full investigation to satisfy the left and giving Trump a week to wipe/destroy any evidence and giving his entire staff immunity for anything done prior to last week to make the right happy.

Benghazi and emails were embarrassing. 

This is far from it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

Sessions really isn't a good liar.  Gets all beady eyed when it's a question that hits too close to home.

He even stumbled over his words when lying to Franken, lying to a question FRANKEN NEVER ASKED.  How is this dude even a lawyer?

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Does it feel like time is speeding up to anyone else? Just hit after hit after hit. The #MAGA crowd barely has time to resolve a cognitive dissonance before they realize there's a whole nother challenge popping up.

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Does it feel like time is speeding up to anyone else?  Just hit after hit after hit.  The #MAGA crowd barely has time to resolve a cognitive dissonance before they realize there's a whole nother challenge popping up.

It's almost, I mean almost, like when you and your entire staff have skeletons in the closet maybe going to war with the intelligence community and press isn't a good idea.  I'm just spitballing here.

• Like 3

I do think removing Sessions from the equation is the end of the first Act.  My guess is acting Dep AG Boente wants no part of this and pretty quickly appoints a Special Prosecutor.  Pure conjecture, but I think the IC wanted that SP appointed before Rosenstein got confirmed.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

It's like the Repubs won a free vacation cruise. And then when they showed up it turned out to be the S.S. Titanic.

Good news: You won.

Bad news?: You won.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Somebody probably posted this already. David Frum tweeted a link to it this morning. It's 20 minutes of Maddow, which will turn some people off, but it's really well worth watching. It connects some interesting dots.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/new-commerce-secretary-at-nexus-of-lucrative-trump-russian-deal-886220355575

This needs to be watched.  Seriously.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

I was "taken aback" by Sen Franken's question and couldn't come up the truth.

I want more details on the where/how/why of the meeting.

It's ok if someone needs to correct the record after testifying. It happens sometimes.

Thing is Sessions would have been told by his staff that he had met this person or that - here Kislyak - in any given situation. Then he would correct the record. Staff tracks all meetings, even social events. Being on the spot is ok.... as long as you correct the record after further reflection.

But he never corrected the record. Until the NYT - and someone at DOJ - made him.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

Just now, gianmarco said:
3 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Somebody probably posted this already. David Frum tweeted a link to it this morning. It's 20 minutes of Maddow, which will turn some people off, but it's really well worth watching. It connects some interesting dots.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/new-commerce-secretary-at-nexus-of-lucrative-trump-russian-deal-886220355575

This needs to be watched.  Seriously

Some will laugh at this, but Robert Reich and Rachel Maddow are two people I watch whenever they are on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

"I thought Franken meant Eddie Kisiyak. I have on clue who that is."

• Like 1

This has been a wild ride since the speech.

And yes Henry, time is speeding...and space is compressing.

We're getting it coming and going.

Worth the ticket price today.

Man, Trump's sure quiet on twitter today.  I wonder what that's about?

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It's ok if someone needs to correct the record after testifying. It happens sometimes.

Thing is Sessions would have been told by his staff that he had met this person or that - here Kislyak - in any given situatiuon. Then he would correct the record. Being on the spot is ok.... as long as you correct the record.

But he never corrected the record. Until the NYT - and someone at DOJ - made him.

The conjecture is that it wasn't in his calendar (i.e. he didn't tell his staff he was meeting with him).  Do with that what you will.  

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Thing is Sessions would have been told by his staff that he had met this person or that - here Kislyak - in any given situatiuon. Then he would correct the record. Being on the spot is ok.... as long as you correct the record after further reflection.

It's just like Flynn - the issue within the WH isn't what these guys did; it's that they were caught.

F'n Fourth Estate. ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!

Maybe he traded in his Blackberry for a new iPhone. Those things are pretty big and he's got tiny hands. Could take him days to figure out how to Tweet again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Ooohhhh.  That Kislyak.

This has me giggling so hard. 

ETA -- Also, it needs an attached link for full effect.  See above.

Edited by gianmarco
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Pretty sure his small hands are lost in his new bomber jacket.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Nary a peep on a tweet from Trump.

Two tweets since the SOTU. Maybe getting whacked on the nose with real news is finally getting to his head?

Nahh...

10 minutes ago, parrot said:

He even stumbled over his words when lying to Franken, lying to a question FRANKEN NEVER ASKED.  How is this dude even a lawyer?

Shader is going to have to take a break from his other argument and start defending U. of Bama Law School

• Like 1

I love this response from a Free Republic guy: 

I was VERY disappointed by Sessions' press conference today. I seriously question now if he has the stones to prosecute Hillary and Obama. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

The conjecture is that it wasn't in his calendar (i.e. he didn't tell his staff he was meeting with him).  Do with that what you will.  

Official SAFC meetings would be on the official calendar I would think.

12 minutes ago, parrot said:

Don't worry.  He might not be for long.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gianmarco said:
16 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Ooohhhh.  That Kislyak.

This has me giggling so hard. 

ETA -- Also, it needs an attached link for full effect.  See above.

TBH he looks like a fun guy.

13 minutes ago, parrot said:

Yeah, that's the best part.

3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Official SAFC meetings would be on the official calendar I would think.

Yes...official ones would you would think...unofficial ones where topics like Ukraine suddenly pop up...not so much.

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

TBH he looks like a fun guy.

Try to imagine denying remembering meeting that guy or denying knowing he was Russian.

• Like 2

People like Session lie when they can.  If he's revealing that he discussed Ukraine with the ambassador, then he could think the spooks know exactly what was discussed, or could.  He may be more concerned with his freedom than his job.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

He's on a boat!

Just now, Mr. Ham said:

People like Session lie when they can.  If he's revealing that he discussed Ukraine with the ambassador, then he could think the spooks know exactly what was discussed, or could.  He may be more concerned with his freedom than his job.

That's exactly what I thought. Revealing Ukraine was not by accident.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:
11 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Pretty sure his small hands are lost in his new bomber jacket.

He was so proud they gave him a jacket AND a hat. Even took off his MAGA hat so he could put on the scrambled eggs.

It's like he hasn't quite realized "oh, shoot, that's right, you probably do this sort of thing for all the CICs."

3 minutes ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

That's exactly what I thought. Revealing Ukraine was not by accident.

Sessions strikes me as very Trumpian in his belief that he controls the narrative and that he thinks he smarter than everyone else.  Too cute by half is my guess.

Sessions strikes me as very Trumpian in his belief that he controls the narrative and that he thinks he smarter than everyone else.  Too cute by half is my guess.

He's been a bully his entire life and gotten away with it.  Coupled with some serious 'small man disease.'  I agree with you.

19 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Some will laugh at this, but Robert Reich and Rachel Maddow are two people I watch whenever they are on.

I honestly can't stand Maddow.  It's not her politics, although she is WAY left of me... just her approach and voice drive me nuts.  I think it's a style thing, as I expect the substance to be left of my point of view and significantly slanted as such.

Edited by Koya
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, ‘cause I've worked in a lot of offices and I tell you people do that all the time.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

Yes...official ones would you would think...unofficial ones where topics like Ukraine suddenly pop up...not so much.

To put a finer point on this...either:

• his staff informed him he misspoke and he did nothing to correct the record, or
  • he hid the meeting from them when it was occurring.  

Either choice should be a career ender.