What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (7 Viewers)

You should read up on the Russian nuclear arsenal.  It's very different from our triad.  And it isn't anywhere near as old as ours. Within the last decade and a half, they've been developing new and insane ways to try to annihilate the country and radioactively salt the earth and sea. It's pretty messed up stuff. 

That country is not our friend.  If it would like to be, it can stop violating missile treaties like it did already this year. 

You should read up on the Russian nuclear arsenal.  It's very different from our triad.  And it isn't anywhere near as old as ours. Within the last decade and a half, they've been developing new and insane ways to try to annihilate the country and radioactively salt the earth and sea. It's pretty messed up stuff. 

That country is not our friend.  If it would like to be, it can stop violating missile treaties like it did already this year. 
decade and a half?  So BHO was an ignorant enabler of this?  Odd how he and many others came around on this issue in the last three months.

That's all you got to offer?  All this crap going down and you in huge denial... but you had to still do the "but Obama" bit. 

ftr: We now have a POTUS sucking off the entire Kremlin.
No, I actually think BHO was right....up until 3 months ago.  On this issue anyway.  But keep up the chicken little act.  It's cute.

Now we're getting somewhere with the investigations.

According to Howard-Browne, Trump is also facing curses and attacks from witches—which he claimed is proof that “the hand of God is upon him”—and even from Christians who are “full of the devil.”

“God is shielding that man and none of their witchcraft and sorcery is going to work,” Wiles said.

decade and a half?  So BHO was an ignorant enabler of this?  Odd how he and many others came around on this issue in the last three months.
Ignorant enabler of what?  What the #### are you talking about?  The President doesn't get to decide what weapons Russia develops.

BTW per his interview with Carlson, Sessions recusal is just for any action before the election, not for anything he, Flynn, Kushner, et al did after the election.  So he really didn't do anything yesterday since this is all wrapped up together.  Until an independent commission/prosecutor is put in place/appointed the entire investigation is tainted.

BTW per his interview with Carlson, Sessions recusal is just for any action before the election, not for anything he, Flynn, Kushner, et al did after the election.  So he really didn't do anything yesterday since this is all wrapped up together.  Until an independent commission/prosecutor is put in place/appointed the entire administration is a taint.
I like this wording better.  

BTW, this is old "news", but I know no one follows the Balkans at all, so if you want to know what some of this is really about read this article.  

Serbia is Russia's surrogate in the Balkans and both would destabilize the entire region to prevent the Montenegro from entering NATO.  These are the guys Trump is cozying up to.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/28/montenegro-asks-british-help-cyber-attacks-wake-russian-backed/

Oh wait....there's more:

“I’m not so sure what they add to our defence. So I’m not so sure it’s a great idea that somehow Montenegro’s going to defend the United States,” Paul told Reuters.

A spokesman for Lee said the senator objected only to the Senate considering the matter with a quick voice vote, saying he wanted a roll call so every member’s position would be recorded.

Lee has not made his opinion on Montenegro’s accession public, the spokesman said.

Asked if a roll call vote would be scheduled, a spokesman for Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he had no updates to provide. If there is a Senate vote, Montenegro’s accession is expected to receive the two-thirds majority needed to pass.
https://europeanwesternbalkans.com/2017/03/03/montenegro-will-get-two-third-support-in-us-senate/

Bucky86 said:
https://twitter.com/cjcmichel/status/837447771351367680

Trump last July: 'They softened it, I heard, but I was not involved.' https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2016/08/01/the-trump-campaign-denies-its-own-ukraine-policy/?utm_term=.cbbd736310e8 

Yashar Retweeted Yashar

He also confirmed that it was Donald Trump personally who wanted the amended Ukraine language added to the RNC platform
Yet Trump and every supporter brought on camera denied they had anything to do with it. The question is why everyone associated with Trump and Trump himself has lied about any connection to Russia on every issue. If no big deal, stop with the "fake news" bs. Just stop lying for once and explain the "why". Why was it important to change the policy on Ukraine? If beneign, lets hear it. As it stands now, there is zero reason to trust anyone associated with Trump on anything. Including that they weren't involved with the hacks.

I guess I should have finished reading my Balkan news feed before posting:

With ratification of Montenegro’s NATO accession stuck in the US Senate, two Montenegrin opposition leaders have asked Trump advisor Steve Bannon to help keep the country out of the alliance.
The letter claims that the reports of Hoyt Brian Yee, Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs at the US State Department and Michael Carpenter, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, presented earlier in September before the US Senate Foreign Committee, were inaccurate.

The letter claimed that Montenegro had not met the conditions for accession to the Western military alliance and was far from able to ensure its own security.

“This is why the authorities in Montenegro are forced to resort to the use of force against the opposition and invent imaginative yet baseless theories of coup attempts masterminded by Russia,” the letter to Bannon said, referring to the government’s claim that it narrowly averted a pro-Moscow coup on election day last October
http://www.eurasiareview.com/03032017-montenegro-opposition-asks-bannon-to-block-nato-accession/

With ratification of Montenegro’s NATO accession stuck in the US Senate, two Montenegrin opposition leaders have asked Trump advisor Steve Bannon to help keep the country out of the alliance.
Well at least they went straight to the top decision-maker.

Ren says he's an anarchist and supports an authoritarian. A fan of Big Daddy No Laws.
On the international/global front, Trump could possibly be a nice departure from neoconservatism.  He's a loose cannon but he's a damn sight better than having another globalist shill in there.  

I'm guessing there wasn't an option on the ballot this year to withdraw our consent.  

Understanding the reality of what the mutually assured destruction policy actually means isn't hysteria.  It's the reality we have all lived in for many years.  Burying your head in the sand and pretending the Russian government isn't headed by an ex-KGB murderer whose nuclear arsenal consists of weapons specially designed to destroy all chance of life on the North American continent, including territorial waters, particularly the weapons developed in the last 10-15 years, doesn't make that not the case. 
They got you good huh?  

Someone mentioned it earlier, but yea, if I am Team Trump I don't want Carter Page anywhere near an interview. That guy
Is there anyone on the Trump team who comes across positively in interviews? Miller's like a psychopath; Conway and Spicer are jokes. Trump is ... well ... Trump. It's a motley crew. 

Anybody missing from this list by RR?

The number of close Trump associates who have been accused of having undisclosed contact with Russian agents, or who have reportedly been investigated by the F.B.I., now stands at 7. Here's the scorecard: 

1. Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign manager; 

2. Michael Cohen, his personal lawyer; 

3. Roger Stone, a longtime political associate; 

4. Carter Page, an oil-industry consultant who acted as one of his foreign-policy advisers; 

5. Michael Flynn, Trump campaign advisor and, briefly, national security advisor; 

6. Jeff Sessions, Trump campaign advisor and now attorney general; 

7. Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and top White House aide (see story below).

Why were there so many contacts with Russian operatives and known spies before and after the election, and why were they so frequent? 

Why did most of these people try to hide them, or even deny they occurred? 

How many more revelations will be necessary until the trail leads directly to Trump?

Bought my tickets already - putting this here in case there's any other Arizona people in this thread who might want to go.

• April 10 - Distinguished Speakers Series Luncheon featuring former World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov
In 1985, Garry Kasparov achieved international fame as the youngest world chess champion at the age of 22. Later, in 1997, he was the first world champion to lose a match to a computer with standard time controls, when he lost to Deep Blue, the IBM supercomputer. “Chess helps you to concentrate, improve your logic. It teaches you to play by the rules and take responsibility for your actions, how to problem solve in an uncertain environment,” he noted.

After his 20 year record as the world’s top ranked player, he sought a different challenge and became involved with politics, becoming an important voice in the Russian pro-democracy movement, waging a campaign to run for President of Russia against Vladimir Putin. “It didn't take long to recognize the shortcomings of the Soviet regime and to see the values of the free world,” Kasparov stated. In 1997, he obtained Bosnian citizenship, and in 2014, he obtained Croatian citizenship. Kasparov now lives in New York City and his travels take him around the world. The author of Winter Is Coming: Why Vladimir Putin and the Enemies of the Free World Must Be Stopped, Kasparov is currently chairman of the Human Rights Foundation and chairs its International Council.

The number of close Trump associates who have been accused of having undisclosed contact with Russian agents, or who have reportedly been investigated by the F.B.I., now stands at 7. Here's the scorecard: 

4. Carter Page, an oil-industry consultant who acted as one of his foreign-policy advisers; 

5. Michael Flynn, Trump campaign advisor and, briefly, national security advisor; 

7. Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and top White House aide (see story below).

Why were there so many contacts with Russian operatives and known spies before and after the election, and why were they so frequent? 

How many more revelations will be necessary until the trail leads directly to Trump?
Wilbur Ross at least deserves a mention.  Definite connection to Russian oligarchs.

JD Gordon

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/03/02/exclusive-two-other-trump-advisers-also-spoke-russian-envoy-during-gop-convention/98648190/

Wilbur Ross at least deserves a mention.  Definite connection to Russian oligarchs.
I mentioned the piece Maddow did on Ross' connection to Trump and the Russians in either this thread or the other (hard to keep track). I thought she did a great job providing context into what the connection could be about and how it began. It's a little lengthy but it's well worth watching if you're trying to connect the dots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8dgbr5EI8 

Seems like Trump successfully deployed the Russian strategy to win the election.  Is he going to be impeached for winning?   

I mentioned the piece Maddow did on Ross' connection to Trump and the Russians in either this thread or the other (hard to keep track). I thought she did a great job providing context into what the connection could be about and how it began. It's a little lengthy but it's well worth watching if you're trying to connect the dots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8dgbr5EI8 
Yep.  Watched that the night it came out.  Great piece.

Users who are viewing this thread