What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (2 Viewers)

To all future Presidential candidates - let this be a lesson to you on what will happen when you bring in "the best people." Try lowering the bar next time.

YWIA  

It's about an even money bet last time I checked.  Although the bet is worded as "serves his full term," which obviously also incorporates the possibility that he bails or dies.
they "serves full term" and "impeachment or leaves office". Both are still 10/11 which means the punters at least think he'll live for 4 years, so he has that going for him.

Anybody missing from this list by RR?

The number of close Trump associates who have been accused of having undisclosed contact with Russian agents, or who have reportedly been investigated by the F.B.I., now stands at 7. Here's the scorecard: 

1. Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign manager; 

2. Michael Cohen, his personal lawyer; 

3. Roger Stone, a longtime political associate; 

4. Carter Page, an oil-industry consultant who acted as one of his foreign-policy advisers; 

5. Michael Flynn, Trump campaign advisor and, briefly, national security advisor; 

6. Jeff Sessions, Trump campaign advisor and now attorney general; 

7. Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and top White House aide (see story below).

Why were there so many contacts with Russian operatives and known spies before and after the election, and why were they so frequent? 

Why did most of these people try to hide them, or even deny they occurred? 

How many more revelations will be necessary until the trail leads directly to Trump?
you could have a second list of Team Trump members who have disclosed business dealings with Oligarchs and are not (AFAIK) under investigation:

1. Donald Trump - sale of real estate to Rybolovlev for an insane markup
  2. Wilbur Ross - vice-chairman of Bank of Cyprus (favorite bank for Oligarchs to keep/launder their money)
  3. Rex Tillerson - recipient of Russian Order of Friendship

Last edited by a moderator:
you could have a second list of Team Trump members who have disclosed business dealings with Oligarchs and are not (AFAIK) under investigation:

1. Donald Trump - sale of real estate to Deripaska for an insane markup
  2. Wilbur Ross - vice-chairman of Bank of Cyprus (favorite bank for Oligarchs to keep/launder their money)
  3. Rex Tillerson - recipient of Russian Order of Friendship
Trump & Felix Sater have had far more dealings than a one-off transaction. 

BTW - the $95 FL home was sold to Dmitry Rybolovlev. Six years ago he bought an $88M apartment at 15 Central Park West. At least someone lives there - he gave it to his then 22 year old daughter. No one ever lived in the 81,000 square foot mansion before it was demolished.

Oligarchs are happy to overpay. Taking ill-gotten funds & investing them in USA real estate is one of their favorite ways to legitimize the money they've stolen in illegal activities.

BTW - the $95 FL home was sold to Dmitry Rybolovlev. Six years ago he bought an $88M apartment at 15 Central Park West. At least someone lives there - he gave it to his then 22 year old daughter. No one ever lived in the 81,000 square foot mansion before it was demolished.

Oligarchs are happy to overpay. Taking ill-gotten funds & investing them in USA real estate is one of their favorite ways to legitimize the money they've stolen in illegal activities.
thanks on Rybolovlev- I get my oligarchs confused.

Also happened at a time when Trump really needed an infusion of cash. Then along came this Russian dude trying to hide money from his ex-wife during their divorce battle who gave Trump far more for the property than he had paid. That was pretty darn fortuitous for Trump. 

So with Ross, is the implication of that story with Rybolovlev that Ross has generally operated a broker for transactions involving Russians that he knows had dirty money that they needed to hide?  So presumably he has done this on many occasions?

I found the Maddow piece long-winded a little underwhelming, honestly. 

So with Ross, is the implication of that story with Rybolovlev that Ross has generally operated a broker for transactions involving Russians that he knows had dirty money that they needed to hide?  So presumably he has done this on many occasions?

Well she has to fill an hour every night. But the connection to ross and the fls house is very interesting

Basically the Bank of Cyprus was a front for the oligarchs to launder money into Europe (they had branches in Russia and the UK for some reason, but I digress).  They had a liquidity crisis (shocking I know) and needed more capital.  WA LA Ross steps in for a 20% stake with some other Russian oligarchs and puts the Deutsche Bank CEO who was in charge there when they got fined $630 million for money laundering to run the place.  

This bank was notorious (and still is), so Ross knows what he's doing and who he's associating with.

Well she has to fill an hour every night. But the connection to ross and the fls house is very interesting
Yeah you could see her stretching to fill the time but I thought the evidence she presented was very compelling. For anyone wondering why Trump may be indebted to the Russians it's a must view in my opinion. 

Basically the Bank of Cyprus was a front for the oligarchs to launder money into Europe (they had branches in Russia and the UK for some reason, but I digress).  They had a liquidity crisis (shocking I know) and needed more capital.  WA LA Ross steps in for a 20% stake with some other Russian oligarchs and puts the Deutsche Bank CEO who was in charge there when they got fined $630 million for money laundering to run the place.  

This bank was notorious (and still is), so Ross knows what he's doing and who he's associating with.
And then you have the possibility of Ross brokering a deal between Trump and a rich Russian just at the very time Trump was hurting financially. 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Yes, HT, because this is all about Trump and Sessions sharing crullers with Russians.

I'm sort of confused why you're posting this here and not in the TrumpSupportersTM thread. Shouldn't FBGs Team Trump be all over this amazing new exculpatory evidence?
:shrug:

I was only reading and wanted to put Donald's pic with his tweet . I didn't realize you had a little squistion in you. I apologize 

:shrug:

I was only reading and wanted to put Donald's pic with his tweet . I didn't realize you had a little squistion in you. I apologize 
Ok I've removed it, just ribbing you.

You must realize that DJT is 100% full of horse manure here though, right?

So they steal from Russians and overpay in America.....win-win!

DOT SUSPENDS OBAMA PROPOSAL TO REQUIRE TRANSPARENCY IN FARES - Bbg
Airlines up:
United, American, Alaska ~2%

Wow, that really helps us average guys. Really helpful to all of us that we cant have transparent costs.
This is why I hate Trumpers, smart people knew this stuff would happen, the not so smart people didnt care because... EMAILS!

Airlines up:

Wow, that really helps us average guys. Really helpful to all of us that we cant have transparent costs.
This is why I hate Trumpers, smart people knew this stuff would happen, the not so smart people didnt care because... EMAILS!
How many of them are flying anyway? ;)

Yeah you could see her stretching to fill the time but I thought the evidence she presented was very compelling. For anyone wondering why Trump may be indebted to the Russians it's a must view in my opinion. 
Trump is indebted to the Russians because of one real estate deal?  I get why Ross needs to be viewed skeptically, but I'm still not sure how that story is that much worse for Trump directly.

Which should not be construed as a defense of Trump overall, I'm just trying to put all of these details in their proper context.

All the pictures with Schumer and Putin really makes you think.
Yeah, right. :lol:

Chuck Schumer‏Verified account @SenSchumer 2h2 hours ago

Happily talk re: my contact w Mr. Putin & his associates,

took place in '03 in full view of press & public under oath.

Would you &your team?

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

We should start an immediate investigation into @SenSchumer and his ties to Russia and Putin.

A total hypocrite!

Trump is indebted to the Russians because of one real estate deal?  I get why Ross needs to be viewed skeptically, but I'm still not sure how that story is that much worse for Trump directly.

Which should not be construed as a defense of Trump overall, I'm just trying to put all of these details in their proper context.
Trump turned to Russian banks because he couldn't get financing from US and other western banks. Those Russian banks are controlled by Putin and his inner circle. That got Trump plugged into that crowd. Ross is more recently implicated through the Bank of Cyprus and its moneylaundering. Trump's been helping Russians and other former USSR types launder money for a lot longer through shady real estate deals.

Airlines up:

GETTING #### DONE!

Donald Jr's statement in 2008 that the company had a disproportionate amount of investment from Russian interests, and the pains taken to deny and obscure this since, is key.  It's not so much the fact these nebulous relationships exist, and can be easily connected to mafia interests and oligarchs, as the fact it has been lied about consistently -- and Trump refuses to share tax returns -- that makes the real estate deal seem like part of a pattern.  

Add to this the characters Trump has selected, their consistent ties to Russia and the fact his Commerce Secretary is majority shareholder in a bank that has known ties to Russian money laundering and Paul Manafort's inclusion on a handwritten list of recipients of cash payments from a Ukrainian dictator ($12.7m total), and the idea that it's "one real estate deal" becomes pretty silly.  

Trump has chosen to surround himself with people who are sucking off the teet of the billions made through shady Russian dealings...  And there is more than ample evidence that he has been an agent in this for well over a decade, at least.
Good to see you GB

Users who are viewing this thread