What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (8 Viewers)

At least abc does it and admits its wrong. FOX constantly spins and reports bs and doubles down on it, and when proof is shown they just simply say “well, that proof must be fabricated”. They’ve had fake news for years and now they just say anything by anybody they don’t agree with is fake. It’s like if I constantly told you lies, then when you try to tell me something I just say “how can I believe that? I’ve been bsing you so how can I believe anything you say?”

Tim, there is very little reason for anyone who disagrees with the mob here to engage.

Go check the responses to my post. Many were just trolling, mocking, or putting me on ignore (lol).

Not a single comment about the fact that ABC made up the story about Flynn being ordered by candidate Trump to speak with Russia.

Several posters did address my post claiming that Flynn even talking to Russia was somehow illegal or a violation of the Logan act.

Interesting video here of Obama's state department stating that there was no problem at all with the transition team speaking to foreign nations:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/936962187846934528/video/1

REPORTER: “This building [the Obama State Department] doesn’t see anything necessarily inappropriate in contact between members of the incoming [Trump] administration and foreign officials, no matter what country they’re from?“

OBAMA STATE DEPT SPOKESPERSON: “No, no…and again this has been ongoing. We have no problem with them doing such on their own.”

Also, in response to their monumental #### up yesterday ABC has suspended Brian Ross for 4 weeks:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/937092007046066176?s=17

It would be tremendous if actual discussion took place here but 90% of the posts are just wishful conspiracy theories and anyone who dares to disagree is mocked, put on ignore, or reported to admin.

I am not complaining, that is the culture here and I accept it, just pointing out why most smart people stay away from the political forum if they have a differing opinion.

My only reason for posting last night and now are to share relevant facts that haven't seemed to have made it into this little community.

-ABC fabricated the story about Flynn contacting Russia prior to election

-ABC suspended the reporter for a month

-Obamas state department was okay with Trump's transition team speaking with foreign countries

If one is aware of these facts it makes the last 20 pages of this thread look ridiculous.
Very  :goodposting: . Very , very :goodposting:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Trump's current tweets probably aren't doing much to improve the old approval numbers.   :lmao:

What's the goal here? Get everyone thinking the FBI is a mess, so that Flynn lying to them was the right thing to do?

I can't follow this 3D chess.
Isn’t it this guys right to have an opinion on officials running for office? And his right to text it? Last I checked FBI agents can vote. 

I don’t believe for a second that he would appoint anyone that he thought would go against him to anything of importance. 

Tim, there is very little reason for anyone who disagrees with the mob here to engage.

Go check the responses to my post. Many were just trolling, mocking, or putting me on ignore (lol).

Not a single comment about the fact that ABC made up the story about Flynn being ordered by candidate Trump to speak with Russia.

Several posters did address my post claiming that Flynn even talking to Russia was somehow illegal or a violation of the Logan act.

Interesting video here of Obama's state department stating that there was no problem at all with the transition team speaking to foreign nations:

REPORTER: “This building [the Obama State Department] doesn’t see anything necessarily inappropriate in contact between members of the incoming [Trump] administration and foreign officials, no matter what country they’re from?“

OBAMA STATE DEPT SPOKESPERSON: “No, no…and again this has been ongoing. We have no problem with them doing such on their own.”

Also, in response to their monumental #### up yesterday ABC has suspended Brian Ross for 4 weeks:

It would be tremendous if actual discussion took place here but 90% of the posts are just wishful conspiracy theories and anyone who dares to disagree is mocked, put on ignore, or reported to admin.

I am not complaining, that is the culture here and I accept it, just pointing out why most smart people stay away from the political forum if they have a differing opinion.

My only reason for posting last night and now are to share relevant facts that haven't seemed to have made it into this little community.

-Obamas state department was okay with Trump's transition team speaking with foreign countries

If one is aware of these facts it makes the last 20 pages of this thread look ridiculous.
So the bottom line is that ABC is ultimately responsible for any mis-statement of fact that one of its employees makes, correct? I can understand that reasoning.  If you're in charge, you're responsible.  So, who was in charge of all those people who have plead guilty to the FBI and those who are charged with committing other crimes while a part of the Trump team?

At least abc does it and admits its wrong. 
Here's why Trump is telling his followers to go after ABC:

>>Retired Lt. Gen Michael Flynn has promised “full cooperation” in the special counsel’s Russia investigation and, according to a confidant, is prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians, initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria.<<

This has not been clarified, corrected or retracted in any way. It remains as a published report and it strikes at the heart of the Trump White House.

Of course it almost doesn't matter what anyone reports. If Flynn points to Kushner and Trump as being in the circle of decision making then that's what happens. There's zero point in Trump followers obeying his orders about what to think because if it happens they will just find out about it, ignoring the likelihood of it now just means they will be late to the news, as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn’t it this guys right to have an opinion on officials running for office? And his right to text it? Last I checked FBI agents can vote. 
That agents rights don't matter in this instance. Yeah, go text, and vote, and post on Facebook. You just ain't doing it while on this investigation.

Mueller has made clear to the team that their personal views have no place on this investigation.  

if it's true that the transition team was lobbying other countries to vote contrary to the position of the current administration on that israeli settlement issue, that's a little messed up.

dashboard.securingdemocracy.org

Russian Propaganda => Trump => FFA

Like clockwork

You know, my ignored user list friends, that Flynn plea deal means someone higher up than Flynn is gonna get charged right? (We'll keep mentioning this till you understand it, I promise).

But who could it be??

Behind the scenes of Mueller investigation

Among the topics that have been of keen interest to investigators: how foreign government officials and their emissaries contacted Trump officials, as well as the actions and interplay of Flynn and Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law.

Mueller’s group has also inquired whether Flynn recommended specific foreign meetings to senior aides, including Kushner. Investigators were particularly interested in how certain foreign officials got on Kushner’s calendar and the discussions that Flynn and Kushner had about those encounters, according to people familiar with the questions.

The volume of questions about Kushner in their interviews surprised some witnesses.

“I remember specifically being asked about Jared a number of times,” said one witness.

Another witness said agents and prosecutors repeatedly asked him about Trump’s decision-making during the May weekend he decided to fire FBI Director James B. Comey. Prosecutors inquired whether Kushner had pushed the president to jettison Comey, according to two people familiar with the interview.

Kushner attorney Abbe Lowell declined to comment on what the president’s son-in-law discussed at his November session with Mueller. “Mr. Kushner has voluntarily cooperated with all relevant inquiries and will continue to do so,” he said.

Two administration officials said that it would be natural for investigators to ask a lot of questions about Kushner, whom Trump put in charge of communicating with foreign officials, adding that such inquiries do not indicate he is a target.
I'm probably just getting excited over nothing. There's no way a savvy veteran government operator like Jared Kushner is gonna leave himself exposed.

So lets look at this.

As you point out, ABC has suspended, without pay, the journalist who filed the erroneous report - specifically that there were no credible sources stating that Trump told Flynn to contact the Russians about sanctions.  Full stop.   This is what you expect from a responsible media outlet.  Accountability when they get something wrong.  This is why more people trust MSM - even though they occasionally get things wrong.  There are journalistic standards and accountability - and those do not exist in many other places where people trade stories.

The damage that Trump is doing to a free and vigilant press is immeasurable, and may be the single most damaging aspect of the presidency.  That should be condemned - not celebrated with a hashtag.

Next, lets look at Obama's team's statements about the transition team reaching out to foreign leaders.  I may be the wrong person to comment here - only because I believe that the incoming administration should signal changes in policy to prepare foreign governments for the change.  I can recall when Obama issued these sanctions, and Russia stood down on retaliation a few days later - that it mades sense.  I did not need to know Trump's team reached out to Russia directly to know that Russia was anticipating a new relationship with the US when Trump was president.  He had campaigned on a better relationship with Russia.  There was every reason to expect he wanted to roll back sanctions, not ramp them up.

But - when you cite the Obama administration, you should note that they deemed it acceptable to reach out to foreign governments and establish contacts.  They did not deem it acceptable to reach out to foreign governments and undercut the current administration.  Big difference.  Here we had evidence of Flynn not simply making contact with foreign officials, he was lobbying them to oppose official US policy at the time.  So, there is really no point to mentioning that the Obama team thought this was acceptable - nothing you posted remotely suggests this.

Finally, lets consider what happened when Flynn pled guilty.  First, he acknowledged that he was guilty of several felonies.  He lied to the FBI on several occasions, and he lied on his FARA paperwork.  If there was nothing wrong with Flynn's contacts - why lie about it?  This is a grown man, with a long military history, suggesting a fair bit of honor.  Why lie about this?  Reminds me of what I used to tell my kids - the lie is usually worse than whatever you did.  But, lets set that aside for the moment.  Consider that Flynn and Mueller reached a plea agreement to charges that had not actually been filed yet.  This strongly suggests a negotiation of some part.  These "facts" had been widely known since January/February - why now?  And why a plea bargain?  If Flynn was tired of this hanging over his head, why not simply wait for the actual charges, and plead guilty, with no plea bargain?

The reality is that a plea bargain makes sense here if both parties were giving something up.  The US is giving up the rights to further charges for this conduct (and presumably charges on other conduct, and charges against FlynnJr.).  So, what is Flynn giving up?  (And, in truth, he has already proffered?)  I would bet its not simply that someone else on the transition team told him to contact Russia.  There is not much value in leveraging this plea for a possible chance at a smaller fish.  The proffer would have to be for a bigger fish than the National Security Director - and it would have to be somewhat verifiable.  Now, I don't know who that other fish(es) might be - but there are not may people above Flynn in this pyramid.

The odds of Trump himself not being aware of these discussions, and directing this policy, seems very low at the moment.  But, I suspect the proffer had to do with much more than these conversations....

Look there's only two options when some of these trolls post:

1. They ignore all reasonable debate.

2. They engage briefly, run into the inconvenient things called facts, and then use the shader/Matuski move: Look at everyone piling on!!  I'm out of here!! Enjoy your echo chamber!!  You won't be seeing me again!! (resurfaces the next freaking day)

Soooo, not to go all @McGarnicle here, but: What's the point? 

I don’t mean this to denigrate the FBI in any way, but that’s a bit of a reach.
Probably. 

In truth, its obviously not a normal distribution, but more of a self-selected group of similar traits.

But, I could still see a similar spread.  I would guess largely white male - which skews toward Trump, while almost all would be college+ educated, which would skew against Trump.  So maybe you end up with the same 1/3 - 2/3 split :shrug:

'Member that guy that got suspended over that?

Me either.
Exactly. Trump is the biggest liar in the country. I seriously I know of no other citizen Who Lies more than he does. Fox News has totally decided to stop even pretending to be a legitimate news source and has become the National Enquirer of politics, constantly spreading lies and making up scandals and promoting hatchet pieces on Democrats. No one on the right has a problem with any of this. A reporter for ABC News get something wrong and is promptly suspended, and now they're jumping up and down and acting like it's some kind of Scandal. You can't make this stuff up folks.

Just curious to hear your thoughts on what Fox News did with the entire Seth Rich lie and how they had to retract the story.
So this is a let’s deflect from Friday’s embarrassment by blaming Fox News deal? Have fun. I’ve never defended Fox as not having an agenda, they are in the same boat as ABC. They all have a political agenda these days. 

For you Trump supporters, what about the more serious allegations against Flynn and his kid?  Big nothing burgers?  Do you all actually believe that lying to the FBI was on the only charge that could be brought against him?

I'm trying not to be a #### just asking a simple question.

I've heard complaints - but I am not sure I follow the logic.

Would Forgetful Jeff prefer that Mueller keeps people on the team if they show a anti-Trump bias?
These folks, much like those who continue to support their treasonous and treacherous lying ways, have simply not internal backbone. They have no honor, nor value for the truth.

Whatever lie or manipulation assuages them in light of the most disturbing national events at governmental levels perhaps EVER, they will use.

Folks that act like this simply have no (positive) character. Just still surprises me how many show that of themselves by a willingness to put aside any values they once claimed to hold and do the same to support these lying, thriving, traitors. 

Look there's only two options when some of these trolls post:

2. They engage briefly, run into the inconvenient things called facts, and then use the shader/Matuski move: Look at everyone piling on!!  I'm out of here!! Enjoy your echo chamber!!  You won't be seeing me again!! (resurfaces the next freaking day)

Amazingly, I found 3 more for the ignore list just this past week. 81 names and counting. :thumbup:  

So this is a let’s deflect from Friday’s embarrassment by blaming Fox News deal? Have fun. I’ve never defended Fox as not having an agenda, they are in the same boat as ABC. They all have a political agenda these days. 
No deflecting. The reporter from ABC screwed up and we see that ABC cares about being right since there are consequences for being wrong. If a journalistic organization isn't suspending or firing employees for being wrong, then that calls into question their integrity. I agree there is a political agenda by all news, but some platforms will allow complete lies to broadcast without consequence. ABC has a political agenda and all media outlets do, but some are willing to at least try to still be accurate. 

HellToupee, GoBirds and rockaction all praised Bozeman’s absurd and insipid post. With HT it doesn’t matter, he’s all shtick, but the other two of you really embarrassed yourselves with this IMO. 

For you Trump supporters, what about the more serious allegations against Flynn and his kid?  Big nothing burgers?  Do you all actually believe that lying to the FBI was on the only charge that could be brought against him?

I'm trying not to be a #### just asking a simple question.
It's as if they do not understand the reason why criminals accept plea deals

HellToupee, GoBirds and rockaction all praised Bozeman’s absurd and insipid post. With HT it doesn’t matter, he’s all shtick, but the other two of you really embarrassed yourselves with this IMO. 
I must have missed that one. What was so bad? 

ABC News...SMH
ABC screwed up - and came clean. Many of us recognize the former and have stated as such. No room for misleading journalism in this world especially at this time. By anyone. 

But, If you are more focused on thoat screw up than Flynn's admission and what it likely means, that represents a terribly lack of priority for someone - or that they prefer to focus on distractions rather than the underlying truth for some ulterior motive.

Finally, if someone takes ABC to task for this incident, but didn't rail on FOX's daily agenda pushing and continual disregard for the truth or any attempt at objective journalism? It keeps going back to the underlying question.

Mid thst person unable to understand or just willing to ignore the objective reality? The first makes us seriously question one's judgement and ability to think critically (it's really worse than that, but to use the word for not being bright enough to see through FOX's GOP front gets overly sensitive, politically correct folks all upset) and the latter their underlying character.

ABC screwed up. We here admonish them. But it doesn't change the underlying realities of the case.

If someone pretends or says that the general range of posters here who don't like Trump haven't or aren't doing that, it's because someone is not smart enough to read and comprehend multiple posts like this one, or that they are fine with manipulating the truth and purposefully misrepresenting because according to their values (or lack thereof) furthering the clause (even a cause led by at least some known criminals and likey traitors at this point) is more important than conducting yourself with even an ounce of honesty and forthwrightness. Personally I don't think most folks who take such an approach are stupid, which leaves me assuming the latter.

Seriously, if folks act like this in the real world, it causes many of us to question their judgement enough to perhaps not do business with them, not hire them, not invest with them ... and that has nothing to do with being on the right, and everything to do with either not being able to comprehend or distill basic objective facts and deduce from those very simple realities ... or you are able to do so, but your character prevents you from coming correct and discussing an issue with any sense of earnestness nor honesty.

I like you AI, and a number of other folks that chime in on this front, but please recognize that if you are spreading more BS like a focus on ABCs ADMITTED mistake and not going after FOX daily, and worse yet claim no one in this thread has taken them to task - all the while using that discussion to direct the discussion AWAY from the disturbing facts at hand, that's what you project to the world.

signed,

NOT a liberal and NOT a Hillary voter.

I must have missed that one. What was so bad? 
Well for starters, in response to my criticism that he only posts in the middle of the night and never engages in discussion, he posted in the middle of the night and refused to engage in discussion. Then he whined about how one sided this forum is. Then he jumped back into his conspiracy theory mode, and attempted to claim that the ABC reporter who was quickly fired proves that everything reported by the MSM about Trump is a lie. 

It was just a dumb post, a waste of time to read, and anyone who praises it looks even more insipid than he is for writing it, IMO. 

There’s not a point - there’s a reason that reasonable conservatives don’t jump in to these debates and that’s because they know there’s no defense of the current administration.  Focusing on an ABC news reporter who jumped the gun reported something apparently false and was disciplined for it is just deflection.  

I do want to say something though and that is I really do think that many that are opposed to Trump are putting too many eggs in the Russia basket.  I doubt it would make a difference with the Tax reform but we need focus on things like DACA and CHIP and judicial appointments and the litany of other things going on.  Not to mention the general incompetence and emabarrasing things he does all the time.

Kurt Eichenwald‏ @kurteichenwald 12h12 hours ago

White House blaming John Dowd for @Potus's "I confess" tweet. I call BS. I know Dowd.

Smart as a whip lawyer. He wouldn't give a damn what twitter world thinks of Flynn charges.

Thats pure Trump. WH blaming Dowd is transparent attempt 2 hide lie with attorney/client privilege.

The problem under Trump has been that to defend him requires one of: 1. The Crazy, 2. Attack the media or 'hysteria,' 3. Argue the facts, and the facts under Trump stink, because he doesn't know what he's doing and he constantly lies.

I honestly respect contrarian POV's and an insistence that opposing views be heard in the interest of free speech, problem is that to pick up that torch for Trump is nearly impossible to do in an intellectually honest manner.

There's a huge difference between the two that you're willfully ignoring. ABC is not promoting bad reporting and misinformation. They punish reporters who participate in such. Fox doesn't. And that's fine with you.

No deflecting. The reporter from ABC screwed up and we see that ABC cares about being right since there are consequences for being wrong. If a journalistic organization isn't suspending or firing employees for being wrong, then that calls into question their integrity. I agree there is a political agenda by all news, but some platforms will allow complete lies to broadcast without consequence. ABC has a political agenda and all media outlets do, but some are willing to at least try to still be accurate. 
Also, if someone states the FOXs agenda is the same as main stream news outlets, that's a perfect example of where reasonable people are left with the same two options:

Are you too dense to understand basic objective realty (and therefore should we treat you as someone who has such limited cognitive abilities just to have a conversation, or maybe someone who is not dumb per se, but has been completely duped into a world view that has been created by folks who don't at all have your interests in mind but know what red meat to throw out to folks like you to keep you hooked) or is it are you just fine piling on the absolute BS even though you aren't so dense as to not know that while all outlets have an agenda, FOXs is so blatent and with such disregard for journalism, truth or ethics that they are banned or likely to be banned in multiple nations who are our closest allies? 

We have so many legit points of discussion and even disagreement... but as I  tied a couple days ago, those of us willing to engage in earnest discussion all seem to be aligned in this issue... it's as if the honest and reasonable people represent a cross section from traditional conservative through far left, including independents and libertarians along the way. It's only the staunchly pro trump or GOP cohort that is left defending the indefensible and just because there are two sides to a discussion doesn't mean each has merit. Especially when many folks who disagree on a lot of issues are all in near uniform agreement on some (like trump et all are crooked, that they are likely traitors, and that FOX media is not "the same just on the right not the left" as other real news outlets. 

Kurt Eichenwald‏ @kurteichenwald 12h12 hours ago

White House blaming John Dowd for @Potus's "I confess" tweet. I call BS. I know Dowd.

Smart as a whip lawyer. He wouldn't give a damn what twitter world thinks of Flynn charges.

Thats pure Trump. WH blaming Dowd is transparent attempt 2 hide lie with attorney/client privilege.
Not sure I understand this part.

I assumed that this was essentially damage control, once everyone at the White House realized Trump just confessed to obstruction.  

Is Eichenwald saying the same thing?

Yeah, he's never defended Fox, but sure hasn't ever called them out. Sure did run in here quick to go after ABC though.
These guys are so desperate right now. 1byone Trump's entire team is getting picked apart. It is closing in on their Orange Overlord and they have no idea what to do. So when something like the ABC thing arises, that's one tiny little nugget they can focus on and pretend all the rest isn't happening.

There's a huge difference between the two that you're willfully ignoring. ABC is not promoting bad reporting and misinformation. They punish reporters who participate in such. Fox doesn't. And that's fine with you.
Unfortunately it definitely isn't "huge" anymore. You call out Fox but there are others as bad or worse, not something I'm interested in spending the morning in a pissing contest over. Go Eagles! :thumbup:

Not sure I understand this part.

I assumed that this was essentially damage control, once everyone at the White House realized Trump just confessed to obstruction.  

Is Eichenwald saying the same thing?
Yes he is, just pointing out that Dowd would refuse to discuss it, citing attorney-client privilege so by blaming him will be letting the claim stand without having to explain it.

Unfortunately it definitely isn't "huge" anymore. You call out Fox but there are others as bad or worse, not something I'm interested in spending the morning in a pissing contest over. Go Eagles! :thumbup:
1. You keep glossing over the issue that fox does not punish their employees for their bad reporting. Especially when it gives their audience false information and ammunition in their fight against the 'evil left'. But it's really impossible to defend that so I don't expect you to.

2. Go eagles!  Haven't seen you in the team thread much lately. Get your butt over there and rejoice with everyone else. ;)

Yes he is, just pointing out that Dowd would refuse to discuss it, citing attorney-client privilege so by blaming him will be letting the claim stand without having to explain it.
Are they saying Dowd actually typed and tweeted it from DJT's account or that Down crafted it? 

The problem under Trump has been that to defend him requires one of: 1. The Crazy, 2. Attack the media or 'hysteria,' 3. Argue the facts, and the facts under Trump stink, because he doesn't know what he's doing and he constantly lies.

I honestly respect contrarian POV's and an insistence that opposing views be heard in the interest of free speech, problem is that to pick up that torch for Trump is nearly impossible to do in an intellectually honest manner.
When you have a large majority of people who have very different world viewpoints on an issue, and that group, to a tee, recognises that 3+4=7 it makes you wonder why a small group of people insist that 3+4 DOESNT =7 - especially when those deniers all seem to share in ideological viewpoint as opposed to the larger group which has a diverse array of ideologies.

An example is that folks like Flynn don't roll with the greatest possible charge, that it's not ONLY that he lied. You literally need to be intellectual dull by a good meansure to really believe that and I dont believe folks here are actually that stupid. 

Now, are they duped, much like members of a cult where they may not be stupid but also can no longer discern basic facts that run counter to their programming? I guess that's an alternative to just being dumb or having no moral compass in spreading lies. It's something I really grapple with because there is just no other explanation for stating such pathetic BS like "well Flynn only lied, there's obviously nothing more to it"

More importantly, I miss the nuanced discussions with folks with whom I don't necessarily agree, but we all seem to get that 3+4=7 and when they equation deals with the potential downfall of our vet democracy, it's hard to debate the finer points of libertarian vs moderate right vs traditional cocersative issues. 

1. You keep glossing over the issue that fox does not punish their employees for their bad reporting. Especially when it gets there audience false information and ammunition in their fight against the evil left. But it's really impossible to defend that so I don't expect you to.

2. Go eagles!  Haven't seen you in the team thread much lately. Get your butt over there and rejoice with everyone else. ;)
#### the Eagles.

carry on. 

1. You keep glossing over the issue that fox does not punish their employees for their bad reporting. Especially when it gives their audience false information and ammunition in their fight against the 'evil left'. But it's really impossible to defend that so I don't expect you to.

There are others just as bad as FOX!!!

I would tell you guys who, but I am super busy watching my Eagles play...

10.5 HOURS FROM NOW.

1. You keep glossing over the issue that fox does not punish their employees for their bad reporting. Especially when it gets there audience false information and ammunition in their fight against the evil left. But it's really impossible to defend that so I don't expect you to.

Honestly I don't have faith in any of them and trying to rank them on how terrible each one is would be a painful routine. ABC is supposed to be our unbiased mainstream media then of course you have the Fox/MSNBC extremes. Frustrating we can't rely on anyone to accurately report news and not push agenda.

They all suck......but the good news is the Eagles are awesome. See you in the "good news" thread. :hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread