What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (9 Viewers)

Five times in 20 years when you're on the leading edge of national breaking news is a pretty good track record. It's also a sign that he works for a responsible and principled news network, as most networks would either be too scared to report big stories, or they'd be too scared to report the corrections.
As Jackstraw said to someone earlier today, go piss up a rope. I'm done arguing with you. 

I just watched video of this guy apologizing on air about a shooter and the Tea Party. 

Screw this guy. He's a leftist ####.  
Wat? Are you saying that Ross is a leftist, I'm a leftist, or some random guy that you may or may not have just seen on a video is a leftist?

If you're talking about Ross, then you might want to investigate the very stories that you've been complaining about in this thread. His reporting is partly responsible for the fall of Howard Dean and for the invasion into Iraq.

So the bottom line is that ABC is ultimately responsible for any mis-statement of fact that one of its employees makes, correct? I can understand that reasoning.  If you're in charge, you're responsible.  So, who was in charge of all those people who have plead guilty to the FBI and those who are charged with committing other crimes while a part of the Trump team?
There you go with your "logic" and "reasoning". Fake News!

You would think that by now he would get a tiny bit smarter and understand that he's not losing his base no matter what. And that maybe, just maybe, he should start working on the nearly 70% of the country that hates his guts.
Dementia is a #####

lol, now Donnie didn't tweet that out?  WTF kind of clown show has the presidency turned into?

This is such a blatant lie that I don't think even his most ardent supporter can swallow this one...or can they...

lol, now Donnie didn't tweet that out?  WTF kind of clown show has the presidency turned into?

This is such a blatant lie that I don't think even his most ardent supporter can swallow this one...or can they...
If it's not a lie we have people pretending  to be the president to American people.  If it's not a lie those 2 people should be fired.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Ned
Can you quote anyone here who went ape crazy over the part of the ABC story that was false? Personally, I don’t remember anyone citing ABC, though I could have missed it. I can’t remember the last time I watched ABC, and if they have a website, there’s a good chance I’ve never seen it.

The story yesterday was a big story even for people like me who were completely unaware that ABC had even covered it. The focus on the ABC error seems bizarre.
Maybe fbgs are smart enough not to fall for fake news every time.

The MSM, blogosphere, forumsphere, social media, and Trump haters nationwide were popping champagne bottles thinking candidate Trump ordered Flynn to colluded with Russians, based on the ABC report. Because that might actually be something. That might actually prove Trump colluded with Russia to affect the election.

Why do you think Friday's news cycle went nuclear?

Why do you think the stock market tanked?

Why do you think ABC suspended Ross?

Did you see the view? That lady opened an envelope and read the fake ABC news to her audience then started screaming and jumping around like Oprah just gave her a brand new car.

Nobody with a lick of intelligence thought Flynn pleading guilty to a process crime completely unrelated to the election was going to have an impact on Trump.

The ABC Fake News and suspension was a bigger story than the actual Flynn pleading guilty.

I didn't catch the thread until late Friday so I am not familiar with the FBG reaction when ABC broke the story. If there was no hysteria then that would be a first.

The MSM, blogosphere, forumsphere, social media, and Trump haters nationwide were popping champagne bottles thinking candidate Trump ordered Flynn to colluded with Russians, based on the ABC report. Because that might actually be something. That might actually prove Trump colluded with Russia to affect the election.

Why do you think Friday's news cycle went nuclear?
Friday's news cycle went nuclear because one of the president's hand-picked "best people" pled guilty to committing a felony while working for the president.

If the MSM was popping champagne bottles, it was because the latest news was making their ratings go through the roof yet again.

I'm not aware of the rest of the MSM copying Ross's report, but feel free to correct that if it's not true.

Did you see the view? That lady opened an envelope and read the fake ABC news to her audience then started screaming and jumping around like Oprah just gave her a brand new car
I totally missed The View yesterday. Not sure how that happened. ;)

Here's a good summary of Flynn's plea deal and what it means. If you want to know why some of us think it's important, I'd recommend checking it out. :thumbup:

In fact, we’re setting up a private screening of “Made In America” at the local art house theater this weekend. Hoping we can get her to Skype in and provide commentary. 

They mistakenly believe that Joy Behar is a leading voice among liberals and progressives or that we actually care what she or Whoopi has to say.
I just checked The View’s ratings.  ~2.6M per show.

That’s about 1% of the adult population of the US.  

HUGE impact.

Mile High said:
So I guess the defense is Trump didn't write it and probably didn't post it and might not even known about it.

I am assuming at some point, one of Trump's defenses will be that he did not always have control of his twitter account, that he had people creating his tweets for him - thus he can't be held accountable for making any given statement on twitter.

Well, that did not take long...

James Daulton said:
even his most ardent supporter can swallow this one...or can they...
Find "You Have Chosen to Ignore..." then click "Options" and "Show Post" for the answer!

To those who think the Republicans might turn on Trump after the tax bill you may be correct.

Lindsey Graham warns Trump against commenting about FBI and James Comey after Michael Flynn's plea

“I would just say this: There is ongoing criminal investigation, Comey may be part of it. He tweeted comment regard[ing] ongoing criminal investigations at your own peril. I’d be careful if I were you Mr. President, I’d watch this.”
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lindsey-graham-warns-trump-against-commenting-about-fbi-and-james-comey-after-michael-flynns-plea/article/2642417

Not for nothing, this bears mentioning....you Trump guys can try to make points all different ways without looking like total morons. Build the wall to keep out drugs and Mexicans. Travel ban, bring back the coal jobs, war on Christmas, trade deficits. Tax cuts are good because trickle down economics. Whatever. But Uranium 1 is almost as dumb as Pizzagate and it just destroys any credibility you might have otherwise. The other stuff is dumb too but at least it's based on some shred of, I don't know, something. YWIA.

That's what you chose to pick out of that post?   I mean the View would represent a liberal women response if he were looking for one. 
There are plenty of things to pick out of those posts.

Jack Posobiec, Uranium One, the view, calling the dossier fake...

All signs point to posts that were full of false narratives while complaining about ABC news

Was Michael Flynn asked to wear a wire in Mueller hunt for evidence on Russia?

Hard to imagine anyone of importance talking to Flynn in the last few months, and I don't know that the lawyers would have remained in the "sharing info with other targets" phase if Flynn was wearing a wire.

But, the reality is Mueller undoubtedly had Flynn dead to rights because his conversations with Kislyak were recorded, so I suspect he likes to let targets hang themselves while he knows the truth... 

Not for nothing, this bears mentioning....you Trump guys can try to make points all different ways without looking like total morons. Build the wall to keep out drugs and Mexicans. Travel ban, bring back the coal jobs, war on Christmas, trade deficits. Tax cuts are good because trickle down economics. Whatever. But Uranium 1 is almost as dumb as Pizzagate and it just destroys any credibility you might have otherwise. The other stuff is dumb too but at least it's based on some shred of, I don't know, something. YWIA.
No...these guys told me they are independent and they don't support Trump but they are independent and will still criticize Barry and liberals and not say a word about Trump...but remember they are supposedly independent. Neat group we have forming.  

I am curious why Trump has not already pardoned Flynn for lying to the FBI - about something that was legal and legit.  Thats seems easier to pardon than a Sheriff accused of violating civil rights.  It could have been done by Friday afternoon - then no need to fret over poor General Flynn being treated unfairly...

Users who are viewing this thread