What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (9 Viewers)

This kind of borders on PizzaGate, and not particularly trustworthy...yet.
Does it?  Trump has bragged about the young women he's dated, bragged about sexual assault, and bragged about how he would purposely go into beauty pageant dressing rooms to ogle the girls, some underaged.

Comet Pizza just sold pizza.

So Trump invited all his Cabinet level people to Camp David this weekend besides the DOJ/FBI (I believe).  With the drumbeat from Republican Reps the past 2 days for Sessions to resign, I won't be surprised if he's gone by Monday and they move quickly to put someone in the AG position more friendly to shutting down the Special Prosecutor.  
Yeah, this is repulsive.  In a world in which the Republicans had any decency, Congress would be united in driving Trump out of office.  Instead, Republicans are actively carrying water for the guy.  

Yeah, this is repulsive.  In a world in which the Republicans had any decency, Congress would be united in driving Trump out of office.  Instead, Republicans are actively carrying water for the guy.  
I still believe that when the full account of stupid watergate is written we will find several Republicans have been working with the FBI from the start, voluntarily.   

I still believe that when the full account of stupid watergate is written we will find several Republicans have been working with the FBI from the start, voluntarily.   
Lordy I hope so

Edit - come to think of it, there are almost certainly republicans secretly helping the investigation, and unfortunately we never learn who they are

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a time, not too long ago, that Graham and McCain were the two GOP Senators that I actually respected. Neither seemed scared of Trump and refused to play his partisan, disgusting brand of politics. That leaves only McCain. And he's dying. Sad times indeed. 
Who also voted in favor of Trump's tax plan.
That seems fine. The tax plan was complicated. Nearly every tax-policy expert will say that it had some good elements and some bad elements. There's no consensus that it was wholly bad. It's easy to find economists who think it's bad on net. And there does seem to be a consensus that some of the major claims Republicans are making about it (it will pay for itself, it will supercharge the economy) are wrong. But there also seems to be a consensus that it got rid of some deductions that should have been gotten rid of, and simplified certain things in a useful way. In other words, it seems like the kind of thing that Republicans and Democrats will always disagree about -- not like the kind of thing that should outrage everyone who hasn't been compromised by the Russians. I stand with Ben Wittes in thinking we should have a temporary truce on normal, non-outrageous political stuff in order to strengthen our united front against the outrageous stuff, at least until the present national emergency that is the Trump administration has passed. I think McCain is a solid ally against the outrageous stuff.

Does it?  Trump has bragged about the young women he's dated, bragged about sexual assault, and bragged about how he would purposely go into beauty pageant dressing rooms to ogle the girls, some underaged.

Comet Pizza just sold pizza.
He also said that Jeffrey Epstein dates girls that are too young

Please. Real Borscht is Russian
:rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht

The English word borscht, also spelled borsch, borsht, or bortsch,[4] comes from Yiddish באָרשט‎ (borsht). The latter derives from the word борщ (borshch), which is common to East Slavic languages, such as Ukrainian[5] or Russian.[6][7][8][9]

Together with cognates in other Slavic languages,[a] it comes from Proto-Slavic *bŭrščǐ 'hogweed' and ultimately from Proto-Indo-European *bhr̥sti- < *bhares-/bhores- 'point, stubble'.[10][11][12] Common hogweed (Heracleum sphondylium) was the soup's principal ingredient[13] before it was replaced with other vegetables, notably beetroot. The beetroot borscht was invented in what is now Ukraine and first popularized in North America by Yiddish-speaking Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern Europe.[2]

[...]

As the home country of beetroot borscht,[22] Ukraine boasts great diversity of the soup's regional variants,[23][24] with virtually every province having its own recipe. Differences between particular varieties may regard the type of stock used (meat, bone, or both), the kind of meat (beef, pork, poultry, etc.), the choice of vegetables and the method of cutting and cooking them. For example, although the typical recipe calls for beef and pork, the Kiev variant uses mutton or lamb as well as beef, while in the Poltava region, the stock for borscht is cooked on poultry meat, that is, chicken, duck or goose. The use of zucchini, beans and apples is characteristic of the Chernihiv borscht; in this variant, beetroots are sautéed in vegetable oil rather than lard, and the sour taste comes solely from tomatoes and tart apples. The Lviv borscht is based on bone stock and is served with chunks of Vienna sausages.[25][26]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht

The English word borscht, also spelled borsch, borsht, or bortsch,[4] comes from Yiddish באָרשט‎ (borsht). The latter derives from the word борщ (borshch), which is common to East Slavic languages, such as Ukrainian[5] or Russian.[6][7][8][9]

Together with cognates in other Slavic languages,[a] it comes from Proto-Slavic *bŭrščǐ 'hogweed' and ultimately from Proto-Indo-European *bhr̥sti- < *bhares-/bhores- 'point, stubble'.[10][11][12] Common hogweed (Heracleum sphondylium) was the soup's principal ingredient[13] before it was replaced with other vegetables, notably beetroot. The beetroot borscht was invented in what is now Ukraine and first popularized in North America by Yiddish-speaking Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern Europe.[2]

[...]

As the home country of beetroot borscht,[22] Ukraine boasts great diversity of the soup's regional variants,[23][24] with virtually every province having its own recipe. Differences between particular varieties may regard the type of stock used (meat, bone, or both), the kind of meat (beef, pork, poultry, etc.), the choice of vegetables and the method of cutting and cooking them. For example, although the typical recipe calls for beef and pork, the Kiev variant uses mutton or lamb as well as beef, while in the Poltava region, the stock for borscht is cooked on poultry meat, that is, chicken, duck or goose. The use of zucchini, beans and apples is characteristic of the Chernihiv borscht; in this variant, beetroots are sautéed in vegetable oil rather than lard, and the sour taste comes solely from tomatoes and tart apples. The Lviv borscht is based on bone stock and is served with chunks of Vienna sausages.[25][26]

No ketchup - allright?

Ketchup wasn't even invented by the Ukranians..

:p.

Lordy I hope so

Edit - come to think of it, there are almost certainly republicans secretly helping the investigation, and unfortunately we never learn who they are
I did say full account; this might well take years for everyone's part to be revealed.

It just seems that the investigation is moving pretty quickly, so much so that someone might have been leaking from the start. 

This doesn't sound like something the Russians would find disgusting, though, does it? Wouldn't most people assume Trump's done things like this? We know he had parties back in the day with "models" part of the group. Not a stretch to think underage girls got in there too.  
the girls were supposedly in the 12 year old range. supposedly. 

They are carrying water for him, but in truth nothing has happened yet. If Mueller were to be fired, that would transform the dynamic. Maybe. 

Trump and the R's arent looking to win every vote....they only need to win one more than their opponent.  Maybe they figure that removing Sessions, killing the Mueller SC and focusing the AGs office on something important like HRC's e-mails and the money that people will get back from their tax returns will galvanize their base and placate enough people to not vote in 18?

Evan McMullin‏Verified account @Evan_McMullin 3m3 minutes ago

All over the world, authoritarians buy loyalty through patronage in order to stay in power. It works like this: you give up liberty and accountable government and they use state power to give you what you otherwise most desire, including the persecution of your rivals.

Pruitt has already been confirmed...they could slide that snake right in...
oh ####
It doesn't really matter if Pruitt is named AG or not. Trump can fire Sessions, then Rosenstein takes over, then Rosenstein could fire Mueller. And if Rosenstein refuses, then Trump can fire Rosenstein and have the next person in line become Acting Attorney General, who could then fire Mueller.

Actually, I don't think Trump really needs to get rid of Sessions. I think he can just order Rosenstein to fire Mueller directly.

It doesn't really matter if Pruitt is named AG or not. Trump can fire Sessions, then Rosenstein takes over, then Rosenstein could fire Mueller. And if Rosenstein refuses, then Trump can fire Rosenstein and have the next person in line become Acting Attorney General, who could then fire Mueller.

Actually, I don't think Trump really needs to get rid of Sessions. I think he can just order Rosenstein to fire Mueller directly.
Yeah but option one is a little less Nixon-like. A lot easier for the Republicans to ignore it that way, not that they won’t anyway.

I don't need him in open rebellion against his party either but much like the Health Care plan, the Tax plan in my opinion will have a damaging impact on most Americans in the years to come. It's disappointing to me that McCain didn't see that or didn't care enough about it to vote no.
I thought McCain didn't vote on the tax bill. I could be wrong though. I thought he was in the hospital at the time and was a no vote.

I thought McCain didn't vote on the tax bill. I could be wrong though. I thought he was in the hospital at the time and was a no vote.
You are right, he missed it because of chemo. He said he would have voted for it though. And if they needed his vote, I imagine they would have waited for him.

Do you have any issues with the claims of partisanship? Do you think the investigation is being run on a non-partisan basis 
I am concerned if we eliminate all those who oppose Trump we will only have partisan Trump supporters left who will throttle, coverup or destroy evidence that incriminates Trump. Most everyone has political leanings so we shouldn't disqualify any for simply being involved with a party or a candidate unless they have acted with the most extreme partisanship.

Graham is NO BETTER than the rest of these traitors. 

Just don't see how I'll ever vote GOP on any level again. The whole Party is corrupt and culpable, and supporting them supports all they stand for, without excuse. 
Yes I actually started to follow Graham on Twitter when he had become a critic of Trump. Going to stop following him. Makes you wonder what his old pal McCain is thinking about how tight he seems to have become with Trump.

Graham is NO BETTER than the rest of these traitors. 

Just don't see how I'll ever vote GOP on any level again. The whole Party is corrupt and culpable, and supporting them supports all they stand for, without excuse. 
He's either been threatened with being primaried or promised the SOS position after Tillserson leaves or both. The flip from Trump critic to protector and slavish complimenter is glaring.

But, all indications from public statements/testimony are that Rosenstein will not do this.  Path of least resistance is to hire one guy you know from private conversations will do it, rather than publicly fire a bunch of guys down the line of succession when they say they won’t.

Yes I actually started to follow Graham on Twitter when he had become a critic of Trump. Going to stop following him. Makes you wonder what his old pal McCain is thinking about how tight he seems to have become with Trump.
His old pal McCain would be headed for prison if he wasn’t old and terminal....

Smells like desperation.

trying to make an obstruction of justice case over a statement to the New York Times is the kind of tactics that scare the #### out of me.  That’s pretty totalitarian when you you get down to it.  Prosecutorial overreach has been dangerously trending for decades, and knowing that these kinds of rationalizations exist and people publish them and try to make them sound ok is scary.

One outcome is that while I was only a lean towards bringing back the Independent Counsel Law before, I now strongly support it.  This current investigation has no oversight and no underlying crime  and I think those are serious Constitutional issues.  

Investigators also are exploring the involvement of the president’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, who did not attend the half-hour sit-down on June 9, 2016, but briefly spoke with two of the participants, a Russian lawyer and a Russian-born Washington lobbyist. Details of the encounter were not previously known.

It occurred at the Trump Tower elevator as the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, and the lobbyist, Rinat Akhmetshin, were leaving the building and consisted of pleasantries, a person familiar with the episode said. But Mueller’s investigators want to know every contact the two visitors had with Trump’s family members and inner circle.
Wolff states in his book that Bannon said there was zero chance Trump didn't personally meet with the Agalarov krewe. And I find it really hard to believe that Ivanka was just riding down to go get her afternoon Starbucks at just that particular moment.

Smells like desperation.

trying to make an obstruction of justice case over a statement to the New York Times is the kind of tactics that scare the #### out of me.  That’s pretty totalitarian when you you get down to it.  Prosecutorial overreach has been dangerously trending for decades, and knowing that these kinds of rationalizations exist and people publish them and try to make them sound ok is scary.

One outcome is that while I was only a lean towards bringing back the Independent Counsel Law before, I now strongly support it.  This current investigation has no oversight and no underlying crime  and I think those are serious Constitutional issues.  
:lmao:

There is no evidence for anything you are asserting.  Mueller was commended by conservatives and liberals alike...only now as Mueller gets close to nailing Trump to the cross do the conservatives now state he is not impartial.  It's totally bogus and complete bull####.

Mueller has done NOTHING inappropriate and to suggest otherwise is fairly offensive to a man who has spent the majority of his life protecting America.

:lmao:

There is no evidence for anything you are asserting.  Mueller was commended by conservatives and liberals alike...only now as Mueller gets close to nailing Trump to the cross do the conservatives now state he is not impartial.  It's totally bogus and complete bull####.

Mueller has done NOTHING inappropriate and to suggest otherwise is fairly offensive to a man who has spent the majority of his life protecting America.
If nothing else we are getting to see what people are actual Patriots.

He's either been threatened with being primaried or promised the SOS position after Tillserson leaves or both. The flip from Trump critic to protector and slavish complimenter is glaring.
Or he's pulling a Michael Wolff to get access to the inner circle before exposing every dirty rotten thing he observes. (It'd be a decent plot twist.)

Users who are viewing this thread