What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (4 Viewers)

There is no Department of Justice any more.  It's just a political device being used to cover up the corruption of the President and his grifting associates.  Vote them out, and the Senators who acquiesced into letting it come to this.   

It’s quite troubling to see so many so willing to trample on the constitution, ignore civil liberty violations and almost cheer on the middle finger being given to the citizens of this country all in the name of your side “getting” the other side. The evidence coming out is now making this very clear and a whole lot of you are just ignoring it. Very troubling. 
What specific evidence?

As far as I know most evidence has indicated Flynn is guilty of the charges he plead guilty to - regardless of his reasons for pleading guilty.

Last edited by a moderator:
1/ Prosecution of Michael Flynn was a set-up/farce but let's not forget that the initial investigation of him was a joke too. FBI opened Crossfire Hurricane based on George P having "suggested the Trump team had received some kind of suggestion from Russia." Now we learn...

2/ ...how they pivoted from that joke of a predicate for the entire Russia probe to including Flynn in it. FBI's basis was entirely "open source": Flynn was a a Trump adviser 😱; has "ties" to "Russian entities" 😱; & went to Russia for RT gala in 2015. 😱 //

This scam consumed all political discourse for 2+ years.  People had their lives tossed upside down and ruined.  And it was all based on a hoax.  

1/ Prosecution of Michael Flynn was a set-up/farce but let's not forget that the initial investigation of him was a joke too. FBI opened Crossfire Hurricane based on George P having "suggested the Trump team had received some kind of suggestion from Russia." Now we learn...

2/ ...how they pivoted from that joke of a predicate for the entire Russia probe to including Flynn in it. FBI's basis was entirely "open source": Flynn was a a Trump adviser 😱; has "ties" to "Russian entities" 😱; & went to Russia for RT gala in 2015. 😱 //

This scam consumed all political discourse for 2+ years.  People had their lives tossed upside down and ruined.  And it was all based on a hoax.  
It’s ridiculous but at least it’s finally getting corrected. Sad that he and his family wee put through all this because of the Russia excuse. 

He pled guilty and openly admitted in open court to lying to the FBI. And he stated he knew it was illegal. Nothing has changed from that.

If you want to complain about whether the FBI should allow people to lie to it and then use that lie as leverage - that seems like a separate discussion.
He pleaded guilty after Robert J Mueller  promised to bankrupt him, to bankrupt his son, to take everything away from him, including his home, and to not stop until he had made sure that Flynn could never recover from it. He pled guilty to stop the bleeding.  

Does not matter if your are innocent if the government has a vendetta which it appears they did from the FBI who did not want Trump President.  Gov. lawyers have unlimited budget-Flynn does not.   I fought the IRS for a year paying tax attorneys at $500 an hour plus expenses.  I won and it cost me $50,000.00.  So you can call me dumb because the dispute was over $16000.00.

That's the way it works so don't anyone start in with this stuff, well he pleaded guilty.  It was the lessor of two evils.

The whole Russia thing was a hoax from Democrats that couldn't accept the results of an election.  Schiff for almost 3 years claimed he had access to the intel & it was rock solid Trump colluded with Russia.  For 3 years it was, well Mueller is playing 3D chess & waiting to drop the hammer.  One big lie after another because they lost an election.  You can hate Trump all you want but the deep state in this deal was beyond my understanding of fair play.  That is politics though & I hate it so.

pathetic.  IMO

I'm sure the standard response will be , well if a hoax why so many convicted?  Look at what they were convicted for.  Nothing to do with the original charges that started this hoax.  process crimes, etc.   

whatever.

He pleaded guilty after Robert J Mueller  promised to bankrupt him, to bankrupt his son, to take everything away from him, including his home, and to not stop until he had made sure that Flynn could never recover from it. He pled guilty to stop the bleeding.  

Does not matter if your are innocent if the government has a vendetta which it appears they did from the FBI who did not want Trump President.  Gov. lawyers have unlimited budget-Flynn does not.   I fought the IRS for a year paying tax attorneys at $500 an hour plus expenses.  I won and it cost me $50,000.00.  So you can call me dumb because the dispute was over $16000.00.

That's the way it works so don't anyone start in with this stuff, well he pleaded guilty.  It was the lessor of two evils.

The whole Russia thing was a hoax from Democrats that couldn't accept the results of an election.  Schiff for almost 3 years claimed he had access to the intel & it was rock solid Trump colluded with Russia.  For 3 years it was, well Mueller is playing 3D chess & waiting to drop the hammer.  One big lie after another because they lost an election.  You can hate Trump all you want but the deep state in this deal was beyond my understanding of fair play.  That is politics though & I hate it so.

pathetic.  IMO

I'm sure the standard response will be , well if a hoax why so many convicted?  Look at what they were convicted for.  Nothing to do with the original charges that started this hoax.  process crimes, etc.   

whatever.

Oh. So we are going to stop the gov't from pressuring defendants who commit crimes into pleading guilty? They aren't going to be able to overcharge and apply pressure going forward? Great. I'm all on board. 

Just remember that the next time it happens to a drug dealer and not just a Trump lackey.

Since this is the "Russia Investigation" & 2400 plus pages long I thought I'd go back in time & check out previous posts.  amazing how many people were so wrong so many times in this thread and didn't even come close to admitting it.  It's a useless exercise in futility in here trying to make a point when preconceived notions preclude the point trying to be made.

it is what it is.

have fun.
You mean how people think this vindicates Trump and Flynn?

It’s quite troubling to see so many so willing to trample on the constitution, ignore civil liberty violations and almost cheer on the middle finger being given to the citizens of this country all in the name of your side “getting” the other side. The evidence coming out is now making this very clear and a whole lot of you are just ignoring it. Very troubling. 
Who is doing what you claim?

The evidence remains that he lied to the FBI.  He was on Turkey’s payroll.  Saints posted about the NY charges that you ignored as well.  The brief dismissing the charges seems very low on actual evidence.

But yes keep talking about sides.

pathetic.  IMO

whatever.
Have a link an actual credible link to this...especially the Mueller part?

Typical though...just call it a hoax.

Flynn's guilt is not in dispute.  He confessed because he was caught, plead guilty because he lied to the FBI, and when the judge offered him a chance to recant...

Judge Sullivan: Do you wish to challenge the circumstances on which you were interviewed by FBI?

Flynn: No, your honor. I was aware that lying to FBI was a crime.

JS: Do you believe that you were entrapped by FBI?

MF: No.

You said it brother. Fortunately the good prevailed over the evil as it has for almost 4 years now of relentless bogus attempts to oust Trump.

Flynn's guilt is not in dispute.  He confessed because he was caught, plead guilty because he lied to the FBI, and when the judge offered him a chance to recant...
Judge Sullivan giving Flynn one final shot to withdraw his guilty plea. Judge asks if he wants to proceed.

FLYNN: “I would like to proceed.”

Because you’re guilty? 

FLYNN: “Yes, your honor.”

Now proceeding.

You said it brother. Fortunately the good prevailed over the evil as it has for almost 4 years now of relentless bogus attempts to oust Trump.
Then you can link and cite to whom is trampling on the constitution? since Travis refuses to.

McCabe statement

Statement from Andrew McCabe on DOJ and Flynn: "The Department's position that the FBI had no reason to interview Mr. Flynn pursuant to its counterintelligence investigation is patently false, and ignores the considerable national security risk his contacts raised."

Oh. So we are going to stop the gov't from pressuring defendants who commit crimes into pleading guilty? They aren't going to be able to overcharge and apply pressure going forward? Great. I'm all on board. 

Just remember that the next time it happens to a drug dealer and not just a Trump lackey.
FBI has like a 96% conviction rate.  There is a reason & most of it is because they can outlast your pocketbook.  It. is. fact.

Have a link an actual credible link to this...especially the Mueller part?

Typical though...just call it a hoax.
well to be fair it was Mueller's underlings that threatened.  After Bob's showing on TV & being confused on the Steele dossier which was the entire basis for the Russia hoax I highly doubt his competency on much of anything.

Doesn't mean he is not a good guy though.

well to be fair it was Mueller's underlings that threatened.  After Bob's showing on TV & being confused on the Steele dossier which was the entire basis for the Russia hoax I highly doubt his competency on much of anything.

Doesn't mean he is not a good guy though.
So a simple no would have been ok...you didn't have any link to the claims being made and you just flat out made it up about Mueller.

Also, claiming the Steele dossier was the entire basis for anything has been proven wrong time and time again.  Please stop posting things that are so demonstrably false.

And doubting Mueller’s competency is also quite laughable.

Also, they only charge people they have enough evidence to convict.
nope:  Not even close.  they charge people all the time with trumped up charges to get them to rat others out.  or sometimes too much invested in man hours to come up empty with their superiors.    I'm also experienced with this regarding a bookie of mine taking football bets over the phone & across State lines.  I was interviewed by the FBI.  

"Also, they only charge people they have enough to convict".   sorry man-just not true.

pathetic.  IMO

whatever.
I would like to read more about these details. Where can I find them?

I would like to read more about these details. Where can I find them?
Good luck...it gets asked and zero links provided...we get Flynn’s lawyer and people flat out making things up and claiming it was all a hoax.  Followed by the laughing crowd...

So a simple no would have been ok...you didn't have any link to the claims being made and you just flat out made it up about Mueller.

Also, claiming the Steele dossier was the entire basis for anything has been proven wrong time and time again.  Please stop posting things that are so demonstrably false.

the whole Russia thing from start to finish is not laughable.  it is 50 million down the tubes for political gain.  it is & was a hoax perpetrated by people we are supposed to trust.  so sad

It's a macro setting in MS Word for the Radical Right Wing. You ask a yes/no question, they type the word "no" and the answer comes out with the top 10 talking points that fit your inquiry. It's an art. Da Vinci would be in awe.

Good luck...it gets asked and zero links provided...we get Flynn’s lawyer and people flat out making things up and claiming it was all a hoax.  Followed by the laughing crowd...
well I guess when FBI agents ask something to the effect of ---so are we trying to get him to lie or just fired.   This before the questioning .

Have fun you guys.  

the whole Russia thing from start to finish is not laughable.  it is 50 million down the tubes for political gain.  it is & was a hoax perpetrated by people we are supposed to trust.  so sad
So still just your claims...zero links.  This is odd, but expected.

None of it was a hoax though, not Muellers report, not the charges against Flynn and others, not the questions surrounding the Trump campaign and their contacts and involvement.

A hoax would be something more like falsely claiming that the Steele dossier was the entire basis of the investigation.

well I guess when FBI agents ask something to the effect of ---so are we trying to get him to lie or just fired.   This before the questioning .

Have fun you guys.  
You should probably cite this and quite their actual words and full discussion...rather than this poor effort.

You’re extremely difficult to discuss anything with. Everything you say or post is fact and legit. Everything someone opposing you posts or says is illegitimate or not true. 
Sho is the only one I have on ignore and it helps a lot. Makes for much more enjoyable reading

I have even kept squiz on even though he can be quite annoying he does post something helpful once in a blue moon.

Users who are viewing this thread