whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Per Trump's instruction, Don McGahn Cooperating with Mueller

89,287 posts in this topic

Counterchekist‏ @counterchekist

FollowingFollowing @counterchekist

More

If you think today’s massive news dumps were big, you haven’t seen anything yet... Buckle up. :-)

11:31 AM - 5 Nov 2017

1 person likes this

Julia Davis‏ @JuliaDavisNews

FollowFollow @JuliaDavisNews

More

#Russia's state TV claims the CIA sent Manafort to infiltrate the Ukrainian gov't, allowed him to launder $$, but now he's no longer needed.

11 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

et tu roe-k? I had hopes for you and your unorthodox intellectual curiosity. Sorry the brainwashing got in your way.

There is still good in him.

7 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Counterchekist‏ @counterchekist

FollowingFollowing @counterchekist

More

If you think today’s massive news dumps were big, you haven’t seen anything yet... Buckle up. :-)

11:31 AM - 5 Nov 2017

FreestylerMom 🇱🇷‏ @HighPlainsGirl1

Replying to @HighPlainsGirl1 @counterchekist

None of these revelations seem to matter to people. This is exactly what Russia was aiming for I think. For us to become numb to all of it.

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

You know @shader, I've responded to scores of your posts, although sometimes misguided,  because you at least seemed intellectually honest. Regretfully that facet of your online persona has vanished, so i see no reason not to go ahead and put this dishonest fishing troll on ignore. If you ever return to the land of the rational, I hope someone gives me a heads up and I'll gladly remove the ignore. But I have no time for the mindless, parroting bull#### your'e peddling now.

:lmao:  

Thats what I get for dipping into a political thread.  Sorry to offend you so much by suggesting Clinton might be guilty of collusion. Have a good evening.

2 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

There is still good in him.

Never said there wasn't, just cannot believe what he is saying nowadays. Does not compute

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

You know @shader, I've responded to scores of your posts, although sometimes misguided,  because you at least seemed intellectually honest. Regretfully that facet of your online persona has vanished, so i see no reason not to go ahead and put this dishonest fishing troll on ignore. If you ever return to the land of the rational, I hope someone gives me a heads up and I'll gladly remove the ignore. But I have no time for the mindless, parroting bull#### your'e peddling now.

striving for false equivalencies since 2015.

5 people like this

3 minutes ago, shader said:

:lmao:  

Thats what I get for dipping into a political thread.  Sorry to offend you so much by suggesting Clinton might be guilty of collusion without offering a coherent, logical explanation for that suggestion at all. Have a good evening.

FYP, HTH

5 people like this

4 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Never said there wasn't, just cannot believe what he is saying nowadays. Does not compute

Renny changed a lot these past few years. Too much 4chan, maybe?

19 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

I'm basically saying Ren is Darth Vader

5 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

I'm basically saying Ren is Darth Vader

this one?

6 people like this

37 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Everyday there is more. 

Paradise Papers: Leaks Show Wilbur Ross Hid Ties to Putin Cronies
by RICHARD ENGEL and AGGELOS PETROPOULOS

Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary in the Trump administration, shares business interests with Vladimir Putin’s immediate family, and he failed to clearly disclose those interests when he was being confirmed for his cabinet position.

Ross — a billionaire industrialist — retains an interest in a shipping company, Navigator Holdings, that was partially owned by his former investment company. One of Navigator’s most important business relationships is with a Russian energy firm controlled, in turn, by Putin’s son-in-law and other members of the Russian president’s inner circle.

Some of the details of Ross’s continuing financial holdings — much of which were not disclosed during his confirmation process — are revealed in a trove of more than 7 million internal documents of Appleby, a Bermuda-based law firm, that was leaked to the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung. 

Just a coincidence that this story broke right after Trump was wheels up for 10ish days in Asia with Ross on the plane.

7 people like this

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

Its weird. When the indictments started coming out, I expected   return to normalcy, but instead they're being use as a springboard for the moderate right to dive headlong into treasonous morass.

Death throes.

2 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Death throes.

Dead cat bounce?

1 hour ago, adonis said:

Can we just say, up front, that it'll be a BFD if the former National Security Advisor that Trump appointed gets indicted? 

Can we say that it's a BBFD that his National Security Advisor AND his former campaign chairman will have been indicted?

There is almost no precedent in american history for this kind of stuff, and too many of you are posting piddly stuff about "Clinton this" and "Clinton that" while our democracy is being purged of foreign agents put there, in large part, by Donald J. Trump.

I think Flynn was only NSA for a very brief time and was actually hired by Obama.

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I think Flynn was only NSA for a very brief time and was actually hired by Obama.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, but he was Trump's National Security Advisor - yes, for a short time.

Edit - Not sure if Obama ever "hired" him, but didn't Obama essentially "fire" him, albeit from a different role?

Edited by Koya

10 minutes ago, Koya said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, but he was Trump's National Security Advisor - yes, for a short time.

Edit - Not sure if Obama ever "hired" him, but didn't Obama essentially "fire" him, albeit from a different role?

Don't forget Obama kept his security clearance

And you need to check your sarcasm meter. It seems to be on the fritz

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Are you playing the game ofguess the pitiful excuse by the Trump admin when Flynn goes down?

1 person likes this

Just now, msommer said:

Don't forget Obama kept his security clearance

And you need to check your sarcasm meter. It seems to be on the fritz

Maybe your sarcasm maker ain't quite cooking them through, gb. :shrug: 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

FreestylerMom 🇱🇷‏ @HighPlainsGirl1

Replying to @HighPlainsGirl1 @counterchekist

None of these revelations seem to matter to people. This is exactly what Russia was aiming for I think. For us to become numb to all of it.

Close- but I think they were aiming for stupid people to buy into stupid illogical premises - and it's worked - because those people are stupid

HEY IGNORE ALL THOSE FACTS THINGIES - HILLARY SOLD URANIUM 
TO BEEZLEBUB HIMSELF - LOCK HER UP

Edited by John Bender
3 people like this

18 minutes ago, John Bender said:

Close- but I think they were aiming for stupid people to buy into stupid illogical premises - and it's worked - because those people are stupid

HEY IGNORE ALL THOSE FACTS THINGIES - HILLARY SOLD URANIUM 
TO BEEZLEBUB HIMSELF - LOCK HER UP

That's a new one. Hillary sold Uranium to Trump?

1 person likes this

When all the dust settles, I bet we'll find out that's not a coincidence that all these people with Russian ties ended up in the Trump administration. If I had to guess, we'll find out that the administration was given a list of Russian friendly politicians and businessmen that could be trusted to be put into the administration.

5 people like this

Wouldn't that be strange if Trump asks Putin for political asylum as he abandons the American people, his family, and whomever else as he lives out his days in Russia before being poisoned by Putin.

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Mario Kart said:

Wouldn't that be strange if Trump asks Putin for political asylum as he abandons the American people, his family, and whomever else as he lives out his days in Russia before being poisoned by Putin.

Don't tease me.

10 people like this

Rick Wilson‏Verified account @TheRickWilson

FollowingFollowing @TheRickWilson

More

I expect the same folks who credulously took the GRU's Wikileaks as gospel will deny the Paradise Papers vehemently: it hits Trump allies.

3:16 PM - 5 Nov 2017

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Koya said:

2 hours ago, Koya said:

Yeah, that "Obama" line had been floated earlier. "Extreme vetting" and "Party of Accountability" and all that.

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Yeah, that "Obama" line had been floated earlier. "Extreme vetting" and "Party of Accountability" and all that.

The Buck stops anywhere not red or rhyming with nobama or shillary

oh Louise

Exclusive: Sources: General Flynn ‘Wept’ As He Asked FBI to Spare Mike Flynn Jr
Exclusive: Retired Lt. Gen. Flynn broke down and sobbed, sources familiar with the matter said, when faced with the extent of the signals intelligence, or SIGINT, against himself and Mike Flynn Jr. Senior law enforcement officials presented Donald Trump’s former National Security adviser, already indicted at the time for failure to register as a foreign agent of Turkey, with irrefutable evidence of espionage committed on behalf of the Russian state by both himself and his son and business partner, Mike Flynn Jr. Espionage is a capital crime.

Separate sources with links to the intelligence community and the Justice Department report that a deal for leniency for his son offered to General Flynn, on which we exclusively reported earlier this year, may have been derailed by Mike Flynn Jr’s compulsive tweeting of divisive, pro-Kremlin propaganda.

As NBC news reports that Mueller is about to bring charges against both Mike Flynn and his son, we review our exclusive reporting on both Flynn and his son and the indictments that may be unsealed shortly.

In May, we broke the news that General Flynn had ‘flipped’, or had gone in to speak to the FBI. At that time, Mike Flynn was under indictment for failing to register as a foreign agent for Turkey under FARA, the Foreign Agents’ Registration Act.

General Flynn, sources reported, was arrogant and unconcerned. The charge of failing to register under FARA might only result in a term-limited prison sentence. Flynn had resigned as NSA and believed himself present in the FBI’s offices to discuss the terms of a deal on this charge.

Sources said that General Flynn did indeed discuss this offense, which was admitted, with FBI agents. However, they reported that after a brief period, a senior official entered the room and confronted General Flynn with knowledge of his wider conspiracy in Russia’s interference in the election. An outline of a case for espionage, a capital crime, where the default penalty is death, was made to Flynn senior, involving both himself and his son Mike Flynn Jr. While sources were not specific, they reported that the conversation involved both men’s knowing propagation, and co-ordination, with the Kremlin, of Russian propaganda, using an Artificial Intelligence ‘data weapon’ precisely to target that propaganda on social media. This technology and the way it was employed is also said to feature in an espionage investigation that is ongoing against Bob Mercer, sources say.

Sources stated that senior officials told General Flynn that they had what they needed to prosecute him and his son, and that they would seek the death penalty. Separate sources reported that General Flynn broke down and wept, asking that the death penalty for espionage not be sought for his son.

Sources with links to law enforcement and the justice department stated that at first, senior officials declined to offer a deal of any sort. Later, they became amenable, these sources said. General Flynn was offered a stark choice; co-operate and spare your son execution, but no such promise was made as regards his own trial.

Mr. Flynn did then co-operate, sources said.

Mike Flynn Jr. angrily denied to this reporter the accounts given her by multiple separate sources, on separate occasions, of what his father had done for him, and in such a way that led her to believe that Flynn Jr. did not know. If correct, this would necessarily mean that the FBI had not allowed General Flynn to discuss his knowledge of the charges against father and son with his co-conspirator.

Despite this, General Flynn was required to put a brake on Mike Flynn Jr.’s divisive propaganda on Twitter, sources said. The younger Flynn was, however, so addicted to tweeting hate-ridden Russian messaging, these sources said, that the Special Counsel’s office decided at one point that the deal had been violated. It was after Flynn Sr. was informed of that decision that he began to fund-raise for his defense, sources said.

Anything General Flynn would have admitted prior to this would still be admissible at trial, sources reported. At time of writing, I do not know whether or not the Special Counsel’s team had a change of heart over honoring their deal for leniency for the younger Flynn following further information received from Mike Flynn Senior.

Note: New charges do not necessarily mean new indictments, but they can.

A ‘charge’ is only leveled when an indictment is made public. Therefore, charges may be new for indictments that have been returned by a Grand Jury many months prior. Mr. Mueller may choose to indict General Flynn on some, but not all, of the possible charges against him, as he did with Paul Manafort.

eta Louise Mensch

Edited by cosjobs

2 hours ago, Biff84 said:

When all the dust settles, I bet we'll find out that's not a coincidence that all these people with Russian ties ended up in the Trump administration. If I had to guess, we'll find out that the administration was given a list of Russian friendly politicians and businessmen that could be trusted to be put into the administration.

That's the thing though, it wasn't like Tillerson, Ross, Flynn, or Sessions weren't open secrets, but it didn't matter.

42 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

oh Louise

Exclusive: Sources: General Flynn ‘Wept’ As He Asked FBI to Spare Mike Flynn Jr
Exclusive: Retired Lt. Gen. Flynn broke down and sobbed, sources familiar with the matter said, when faced with the extent of the signals intelligence, or SIGINT, against himself and Mike Flynn Jr. Senior law enforcement officials presented Donald Trump’s former National Security adviser, already indicted at the time for failure to register as a foreign agent of Turkey, with irrefutable evidence of espionage committed on behalf of the Russian state by both himself and his son and business partner, Mike Flynn Jr. Espionage is a capital crime.

Separate sources with links to the intelligence community and the Justice Department report that a deal for leniency for his son offered to General Flynn, on which we exclusively reported earlier this year, may have been derailed by Mike Flynn Jr’s compulsive tweeting of divisive, pro-Kremlin propaganda.

I completely missed the first words in bold when I started reading this, but as soon as I read the second part in bold, I stopped and thought, “Oh, this must be from Louise Mensch. Why am I reading this nonsense?”

The warning should be more obvious, GB.

(No, I didn’t recognize it from the exclusive earlier reporting. I recognized it because nobody else engages in that kind of self-promotional back-patting before being confirmed by a reliable publication.)

3 people like this

I hope we wake up to nice Flynn and Flynn Jr. perp walk tomorrow morning.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I completely missed the first words in bold when I started reading this, but as soon as I read the second part in bold, I stopped and thought, “Oh, this must be from Louise Mensch. Why am I reading this nonsense?”

The warning should be more obvious, GB.

I added the full name at the end, just because of that.

But seriously GB, what do you think her batting average is. Admittedly, she's crazy and a lot of TBDs on the horizon, but I think her BA is not too far behind the Steele dossier (of what we know, or think we do).

2 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

I added the full name at the end, just because of that.

But seriously GB, what do you think her batting average is. Admittedly, she's crazy and a lot of TBDs on the horizon, but I think her BA is not too far behind the Steele dossier (of what we know, or think we do).

I wasn’t going to make it to the end.

I think her batting average is pretty close to that of Nostradamus: roughly near zero on “exclusive” takes that aren’t over-interpreted using hindsight to retrofit vague predictions to events after the fact.

2 people like this

40 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I think her batting average is pretty close to that of Nostradamus: roughly near zero on “exclusive” takes that aren’t over-interpreted using hindsight to retrofit vague predictions to events after the fact.

I hadn’t read anything by her in a long time, so I checked Wikipedia to see if it had a link to anyone trying to objectively keep track of her batting average. I didn’t find that, but it does have a section describing her reporting on events related to the 2016 election. The thing I often see her given credit for getting right is the FISA warrants on Trump Tower. I remember looking at the details of the claim back when she was touting it as a scoop ultimately proven correct and concluding that she didn’t actually get very much right about it. The Wikipedia entry lists some of the discrepancies between her reporting and what was confirmed elsewhere ... and then lists a litany of other claims she’s made that have not been confirmed and seem like complete nonsense.

ETA: For fun, here is that latter section:

During and after the 2016 US presidential election, Mensch's political commentary has promoted conspiracy theories about the Russian government, Donald Trump and people in Trump's circle. Mensch claims she has evidence that Vladimir Putin had Andrew Breitbart murdered to make room for Steve Bannon at Breitbart. She has stated that the 2017 Istanbul nightclub shooting was a Russian false flag operation, with Russia posing as ISIL; that "Bannon and his team" were behind bomb threats to Jewish community centres; and that Russian intelligence planted Hillary Clinton's emails on Anthony Weiner's laptop. Mensch has also accused numerous people and organizations of being Russian "shills", "moles" and "agents of influence," including founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg, Peter Thiel, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and elements of Mossad (Israel's intelligence service).

Maybe she’s gotten some stuff right, too. But I can’t think of anything (though I admittedly haven’t been paying attention since way back in the beginning) and Wikipedia doesn’t mention anything either.

1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

I hope we wake up to nice Flynn and Flynn Jr. perp walk tomorrow morning.

Today's news was laying the groundwork for indictments down the line.  I'd seriously doubt indictments are unsealed tomorrow.  Unlike Manafort, besides for the FARA stuff, the more robust case against Flynn is much more nuanced as there probably aren't as many direct documents.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

Today's news was laying the groundwork for indictments down the line.  I'd seriously doubt indictments are unsealed tomorrow.  Unlike Manafort, besides for the FARA stuff, the more robust case against Flynn is much more nuanced as there probably aren't as many direct documents.

I speculate they have everything they need and more. They may wait to play their cards, but I'm fairly certain they have the cards to play

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I hadn’t read anything by her in a long time, so I checked Wikipedia to see if it had a link to anyone trying to objectively keep track of her batting average. I didn’t find that, but it does have a section describing her reporting on events related to the 2016 election. The thing I often see her given credit for getting right is the FISA warrants on Trump Tower. I remember looking at the details of the claim back when she was touting it as a scoop ultimately proven correct and concluding that she didn’t actually get very much right about it. The Wikipedia entry lists some of the discrepancies between her reporting and what was confirmed elsewhere ... and then lists a litany of other claims she’s made that have not been confirmed and seem like complete nonsense.

ETA: For fun, here is that latter section:

Maybe she’s gotten some stuff right, too. But I can’t think of anything (though I admittedly haven’t been paying attention since way back in the beginning) and Wikipedia doesn’t mention anything either.

She has reported parts of a lot of things that have come true. I think that she has legit sources but her problem is that she takes raw data, expands on it and puts into a narrative that makes for a better 'story'. 

For the story above, I wouldn't be surprised if parts of it are true like Flynn breaking down crying and being willing to cooperate to save his son. But then she has to add in the death penalty stuff and just goes off the rails. I can't read her twitter feed anymore because it's all twitter drama and accusing people of being Russian operatives.

1 person likes this