Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Russians Allegedly Paid Bounties on US Soldiers; WH Denies Knowledge; NYT Reports Info was in PDB in Late Feb

40 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

No, its ok.  Trump has no shame.

And he isn’t even fat. He’s 6’3 and 239 lbs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Is that a Freudian slip? No one involved has confirmed that Mueller is investigating Trump.

It's more self fulfilling that way...duh!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

No one has confirmed that Mueller is investigating Trump.

And you can trust me on that one.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, No One said:

And you can trust me on that one.

I absolutely trust no one on the internet. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Weebs210 said:

Let's start with anything

Weird response.  My question acknowledged that you don't think there are any facts showing that Trump is illegally connected with Russia.  I'm asking you if you can conceive of a fact that would change your mind.

6 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

It's honestly just a lot easier to type than "Trump supporters". Does it offend you?

And my impartiality or lack thereof (it's no secret that I ####### hate Trump) has no bearing on facts or the investigation.

And I'm not supposed to say "bad dog" when he ####s on the carpet, but its really really starting to stink

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

And he isn’t even fat. He’s 6’3 and 239 lbs. 

Thank you Henry.  I really needed a laugh today. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Thank you Henry.  I really needed a laugh today. 

Don’t thank me.  Thank our President, who proudly proclaimed - and had a physician certify to the world - that he correctly drew a clock and identified pictures of animals for a perfect score on his fitness exam. 

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Don’t thank me.  Thank our President, who proudly proclaimed - and had a physician certify to the world - that he correctly drew a clock and identified pictures of animals for a perfect score on his fitness exam. 

A stable genius at work.  

7 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Must resist Trump supporter joke....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

There's so much insanity happening on a daily basis but we should never forget the immense pride Trump took in showing he isn't brain addled. 

Edited by packersfan
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, packersfan said:

There's so much insanity happening on a daily basis but we should never forget the immense pride Trump took in showing he isn't brain addled. 

Isn’t so brain addled he can’t identify a picture of a lion.

• Like 6

You can be pretty f’d up and still pass that test. This isn’t the “look up and walk in a straight line” portion of the field sobriety test.  It’s the “please open the door and step out of the vehicle” portion. 

• Like 4

Just now, Henry Ford said:

You can be pretty f’d up and still pass that test. This isn’t the “look up and walk in a straight line” portion of the field sobriety test.  It’s the “please open the door and step out of the vehicle” portion. 

:rolleyes: I like how you just ignore the fact that he scored the highest score of any president that's ever had to take it to prove he's still mentally capable of eating soup.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Uh, the what now?

14 minutes ago, Bacon is Delicious said:

Russia cuts off natural gas pipeline to Ukraine.

Any comment from our resident Russia apologist?

Come on.  Is there any reason to put up that video showing Russia blowing up Florida other than Putin’s about to invade something and wants Donald too scared to act in reaction/retaliation?

5 minutes ago, saintfool said:

It's like the third time that has been done in the past five years. 

Sure. Also that.

This article bumps up against a general point. the closer an advisor is to Trump, the bigger of an insider they are, the more legal jeopardy they're in and the more likely they are to be in it. Normally in an investigation, they talk about how high up the corruption went. This one flips that on its head. And only needs to go low enough for someone like Gates to get scared and poor enough to flip.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

:rolleyes: he's still mentally capable of eating soup.

Depends how hot it is

• Like 2

The more we find out about the questions Mueller is asking of his witnesses, the more I'm thinking Russia is just one leg of a giant, worldwide shakedown/bribery scheme.  Russia gets all the attention because of the potential influence in our elections and they're a dangerous rival, but between the Kushner/Qatari story, Flynn and Turkey and tonight the UAE, it seems it may be more of a pattern of using the WH and US policy to enrich themselves.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

The more we find out about the questions Mueller is asking of his witnesses, the more I'm thinking Russia is just one leg of a giant, worldwide shakedown/bribery scheme.  Russia gets all the attention because of the potential influence in our elections and they're a dangerous rival, but between the Kushner/Qatari story, Flynn and Turkey and tonight the UAE, it seems it may be more of a pattern of using the WH and US policy to enrich themselves.

Totally agreed. These rats will take money from anywhere - not just Russia. 

Just now, bagger said:

Draining the swamp indeed. 

You just don't understand. What he meant was that he would drain the swamp that was already there and replace it with a much stinker, deeper, dirtier swamp that was beholden to him. So, you see, he's following his campaign promises completely. From a certain point of view. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

the more I'm thinking Russia is just one leg of a giant, worldwide shakedown/bribery scheme.  

So we've shifted to a Clinton Foundation investigation now?

Man, I can't keep up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sand said:

Man, I can't keep up.

It certaintly looks inevitable 

17 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:
28 minutes ago, Sand said:

Man, I can't keep up.

Get a load of Mr. No Evidence over here.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sand said:

Man, I can't keep up.

You know, I don’t like the Clintons. But man do you guys hate the Clintons. It’s almost impressive at some point. When someone is in your face all the time or in office or running for office - sure, totally understand being able to keep it up.  But two 70-something retirees who started a foundation that got low cost AIDS meds to nine million people in Africa - that’s a spectacular amount of focus. 

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

32 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:
43 minutes ago, Sand said:

Man, I can't keep up.

Get a load of Mr. No Evidence over here.

If you'd been paying any attention at all, you'd have known this is where it was leading. 

Just now, Henry Ford said:

You know, I don’t like the Clintons. But man do you guys hate the Clintons. It’s almost impressive at some point. When someone is in your face all the time or in office or running for office - sure, totally understand being able to keep it up.  But two 70-something retirees who started a foundation that got low cost AIDS meds to nine million people in Africa - that’s a spectacular amount of focus. 

You forgot to mention Comet Pizza. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

You forgot to mention Comet Pizza. 

And sex island.

59 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I am positive you guys hate Trump more than we hate the Clintons.

2 of the 3 timeouts I've gotten on this board stemmed from my hatred of Hillary Clinton (the other was LeBron James) and I hate Trump infinitely more than Hillary. At least she's not endangering our republic while enriching herself off of our collective treasure and making us look like folks while doing so. Hillary looks like a girl scout in comparison. 

Edited by bananafish
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Sand said:

Man, I can't keep up.

Go right ahead.

Lock anyone up that is found to have committed criminal acts.

Report back due course

Good luck and Godspeed

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

I can only speak for myself, but the difference is that while I have never liked Trump, I just didn't care about him.  Through the birtherism, and his constant criticism of Obama, I disliked him, but I just didn't give him much thought.  Now that he is president, I cannot avoid him, and that dislike has probably elevated to something close to hate.  When this nightmare is over, he will again be relegated to me just not caring about him.  Thankful he is out of power, but not worth the energy of hate.

With the right, and Clinton, that hatred does not subside.  I would have expected that with Hillary staying out of the limelight for the most part, she would have faded out.  That has not been the case, she is still the most prominent figure in right leaning news and conversation.  The obsession is strange, and I really believe that is a big difference.  

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

I feel sorry for Trump, and for people who think he represents a positive role model. They have a mindset that I struggle to grasp.  I think Trump is an idiot, a blowhard, a bully, sexist, racist, egomaniac, and overly insecure. If he was still just a third-rate real estate developer or a reality tv performer, I would care about him at all.  

But, he is president, and I worry daily about how he is adversely affecting our future based on his whims and personal vendettas. I worry that he does not have the temperament to deal with complex foreign negotiations.  I worry that he has to be reminded to listen to others and show empathy when appropriate. I worry that his insecurities and daddy issues result in battles that others have to pay for in blood and treasure. I worry that by making America a laughingstock, we have dangerously isolated ourselves in the world community - a community that is generally growing closer every day. I worry that people like Putin know how to push his buttons to do their bidding.  I worry that he treats the job or running the country the same as running his business. I worry that he does not care if he bankrupts the country in the process. 

But, I don't hate him, on a personal level. He is simply not fit for the office. And, I don't hate people who support him, though I do find it to be revealing about their character - to the extent they see Trump as a positive influence and someone they want leading the country.  I do not find the policies pursued by Trump, and supported by others, to be indicative of positive qualities in a person. I feel sorry that there are people who feel this way. 

• Like 10

I can imagine Trump fans doing everything they can to keep the Clintons healthy and alive so that they keep their boogeyman.  What are they going to do when they are gone?  They have no substance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I struggle to think of any public figure I’ve ever hated more than Trump.

I hated Trump far before he ever got involved in politics just due to his boorish behavior and low brow, rich guy act.  Such a narcissistic turd his whole life. 

• Like 4

I don't hate Trump any more than I hate the Benny Hill character.  They're both simply laughable, stupid buffoons who love to chase hot women.  I just don't think either one should be president of the most powerful country on earth.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I do not find the policies pursued by Trump, and supported by others, to be indicative of positive qualities in a person. 

This. There’s that voice that drives serious people to strive to be better, wiser, more virtuous, more patient, empathetic and learned - in short more stoic.  Beginning to explain this to a Trump supporter is no less daunting than explaining why higher pursuits and stoicism matter at all.  To understand one is to reject the other, so starkly it exists in contrast.  But any City on a Hill relies on noble traditions, while every cesspool society is teeming with those who spurn their call.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I struggle to think of any public figure I’ve ever hated more than Trump.

He will be our generation's Nixon.

• Like 1