What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (9 Viewers)

Exactly. I don't care what Trump does in the bedroom or anyone else. But the hypocritical people who did care for the last 25 years should be called out for their hypocrisy for giving Trump a pass.
And the same people that complained Obama was inexperienced voted Trump.  There is no shortage of hypocrisy in the GOP and Trump supporters.

The cnn brain washing is hilarious to read through in this thread. Always good for a chuckle.
Any example? Or just blatant trolling?
Come on, he's obviously referring to those CNN "apple" commercials that have brainwashed people to believe that facts are facts and calling them something else doesn't change them.  You know that you've fallen for this--you simply refuse to believe that  :sadbanana:  is an apple, just because you're brainwashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the "if he doesn't agree with our echo chamber he must be a troll". 
This is a false assertion.

What i stated was trolling was you making a blanket statement about posters here...then when asked for an example being unable to back it up.

You are now playing the victim card...which seems like even more trolling.

How about another shot...care to cite an example of 

cnn brain washing is hilarious to read through in this thread
???

This is a false assertion.

What i stated was trolling was you making a blanket statement about posters here...then when asked for an example being unable to back it up.

You are now playing the victim card...which seems like even more trolling.

How about another shot...care to cite an example of 

???
One example? Sure. 

One example

Weebs210 said:
One example? Sure. 

One example
Ok, a few things here.  This is now twice you have answered the question by posting something that has nothing to do with the assertion you made.  The assertion you made was that there was CNN brainwashing you were reading through in  this thread.

Also, the article you linked to, is an example of CNN acting responsibly...retracting a story and disciplining (likely overreacted...get to that next) journalists for not following protocol in its sourcing.  It isn't an example of any brainwashing nor being done in this thread.

Next...the assertions made by those journalists...were True...you realize that, right?  Even more has come out just recently on this and been discussed on this very board with the Nader news.

So yes, it seems reasonable to conclude that you cannot back up the claim of brainwashing in this thread, that it was a blanket statement about people on this board, and it was nothing more than blatant trolling.  That conclusion is based on the facts of what was presented and has nothing to do with agreeing with any echo chamber that is perceived.

I'm sure you guys will convince weebs this time, and show him the error of his ridiculous ways.  Please keep quoting him so I can see his nonsense
Oh, not looking to convince him...but expose his trolling more as an example of it having nothing to do with an echo chamber.

I'm sure you guys will convince weebs this time, and show him the error of his ridiculous ways.  Please keep quoting him so I can see his nonsense
Eh, I think it's good to do this every week or so, if for no other reason than to show @Joe Bryant and the other powers that be that we've gone above and beyond to have the sort of civil, issue-based discussion they blame both sides for not having. The last few pages of failed attempts at dialogue with @Weebs210 and @Bozeman Bruiser are a pretty good representation of what always happens when we try to engage "across the aisle" on substance since Trump. Hard to imagine reading it and still thinking both sides are to blame for the "problem."

Eh, I think it's good to do this every week or so, if for no other reason than to show @Joe Bryant and the other powers that be that we've gone above and beyond to have the sort of civil, issue-based discussion they blame both sides for not having. The last few pages of failed attempts at dialogue with @Weebs210 and @Bozeman Bruiser are a pretty good representation of what always happens when we try to engage "across the aisle" on substance since Trump. Hard to imagine reading it and still thinking both sides are to blame for the "problem."
Continuing to engage with the same three trolls over and over is pointless and just encourages them.

Continuing to engage with the same three trolls over and over is pointless and just encourages them.
I don't think it's pointless to do it every once in a blue moon, for the reasons I explained and because I'm always happy to give people second chances.  They responded (or more accurately, didn't respond) exactly like I thought they would. So back to our regularly scheduled program, no harm done :shrug:

By posting articles with non existent sources and the readers (you guys) taking it as fact.
Seems you posted an article that turns out to be false in a way.  The original CNN article was not from non-existent sources.

And the facts within the story were not fully retracted and turned out to be true.

You seem to be making the point that you have been brainwashed to believe something despite the facts saying otherwise.

Seems you posted an article that turns out to be false in a way.  The original CNN article was not from non-existent sources.

And the facts within the story were not fully retracted and turned out to be true.

You seem to be making the point that you have been brainwashed to believe something despite the facts saying otherwise.
So half truth reporting is okay with you as long as it has to do with Russia and Trump?

So half truth reporting is okay with you as long as it has to do with Russia and Trump?
Which half truth?  You should read the actual redaction, and what has come out since then.

You can start 

here

and 

towards the end here

This was discussed in the cnn thread

here

Again...none of which has to do with your claim that people here have been brainwashed by CNN.

Your assertion has been thoroughly dismantled and shown, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to be trolling (as has this post where you assert Im ok with bad reporting only as long as it has to do with Russia and Trump...nowhere has this shown to be the case).  if you had the integrity of CNN, you would retract your post as they did their article.

I don't think it's pointless to do it every once in a blue moon, for the reasons I explained and because I'm always happy to give people second chances.  They responded (or more accurately, didn't respond) exactly like I thought they would. So back to our regularly scheduled program, no harm done :shrug:
sure, if one person did it once in a while.  but several people a day just can't resist.   This whole page is nothing but people engaging with trolls. 

sure, if one person did it once in a while.  but several people a day just can't resist.   This whole page is nothing but people engaging with trolls. 
I don't think that's true, I think most of the time they stay away and we have a good discussion.  But you're right, the point has been made enough to last us a while now.

Okay, but what's the endgame here?

Basically.  There’s always the remote possibility that someone will actually answer my question in good faith, too.  I certainly wouldn’t mind that.
I guess I just don't see how documentation helps.  Joe is a pretty consistent guy and we see how he views everyone's posts.  I respect the effort by you guys, I just don't believe in any benefit.

The full Telegraph story on the Skripal attempted murder.

>>The Telegraph understands that Col Skripal moved to Salisbury in 2010 in a spy swap and became close to a security consultant employed by Christopher Steele, who compiled the Trump dossier. 

The British security consultant, according to a LinkedIn social network account that was removed from the internet in the past few days, is also based in Salisbury.

On the same LinkedIn account, the man listed consultancy work with Orbis Business Intelligence, according to reports.<<

>>If the Kremlin believed that Col Skripal might have helped with the compilation of the dossier, it could explain the motive for the assassination attempt in Salisbury town centre. Col Skripal’s daughter is also in intensive care, along with a police officer who rushed to help them after they were attacked with nerve agent.

Counter-terrorism police, along with MI5, are trying to establish why Col Skripal was targeted seven years after being released from a Russian penal colony. He was sentenced to 13 years for being a traitor in 2006, but sent to the UK in a swap for Russian spies including Anna Chapman, a British citizen who had been caught spying in the US.<<

- It's maybe just interesting to connect Skripal to the dossier, but purely speculative, I don't know, but I do think that Steele used intermediaries to spy on his key sources.

The Corn/Isikoff story has a rather interesting vignette for those interested in the peepee tape angle:

>>

After the dinner, part of the group headed to an after-party at a raunchy nightclub in the Palazzo mall called The Act. Shortly after midnight, the entourage arrived at the club. The group included Trump, Emin, Goldstone, Culpo, and Nana Meriwether, the outgoing Miss USA. Trump and Culpo were photographed in the lobby by a local paparazzi. The club’s management had heard that Trump might be there that night and had arranged to have plenty of Diet Coke on hand for the teetotaling Trump. (The owners had also discussed whether they should prepare a special performance for the developer, perhaps a dominatrix who would tie him up onstage or a little-person transvestite Trump impersonator—and nixed the idea.)

The group was ushered to the owner’s box, where Emin had an unusual encounter. Alex Soros, the son of George Soros, the bil­lionaire philanthropist who funded opposition to Putin, was there as Meriwether’s date. Emin started chatting with Soros and invited him to see him in Moscow. “You should know,” Soros replied, “I’m no fan of Mr. Putin.” And, he added, he was a big admirer of Mikhail Khodorkovsky—the oligarch turned Putin critic then serving time in a Siberian prison. Emin laughed it off.

The Act was no ordinary nightclub. Since March, it had been the target of undercover surveillance by the Nevada Gaming Con­trol Board and investigators for the club’s landlord—the Palazzo, which was owned by GOP megadonor Sheldon Adelson—after complaints about its obscene performances. The club featured seminude women performing simulated sex acts of bestiality and grotesque sadomasochism—skits that a few months later would prompt a Nevada state judge to issue an injunction barring any more of its “lewd” and “offensive” performances. Among the club’s regular acts cited by the judge was one called “Hot for Teacher,” in which naked college girls simulate urinating on a professor. In another act, two women disrobe and then “one female stands over the other female and simulates urinating while the other female catches the urine in two wine glasses.” (The Act shut down after the judge’s ruling. There is no public record of which skits were performed the night Trump was present.)

As The Act’s scantily clad dancers gyrated in front of them late that night, Emin, Goldstone, Culpo, and the rest toasted Trump’s birthday. (He had turned 67 the day before.) Trump remained focused on Emin and their future partnership. “When it comes to doing business in Russia, it’s very hard to find people in there you can trust,” he told the young pop singer, according to Goldstone. “We’re going to have a great relationship.

The next night, toward the end of the Miss USA broadcast, Trump hit the stage to announce that the Miss Universe pageant would be held the coming November in Russia. In front of the audi­ence, the Agalarovs and Trump signed the contract for the event. Trump declared, “This will be one of the biggest and most beautiful Miss Universe events ever.” On the red carpet earlier that evening, Trump had hailed Emin and Aras Agalarov: “These are the most powerful people in all of Russia, the richest men in Russia.”

Two days later, Trump expressed his desire on Twitter to become Putin’s “new best friend.” Emin quickly responded with his own tweet: “Mr. @realDonaldTrump anyone you meet becomes your best friend—so I’m sure Mr. Putin will not be an exception in Moscow.”<<

So basically this article - which spins the dossier into a super secret joint FBI-DNC-Soros plot - will get picked up by HSCI and Nunes who will then poop out a Phase III memo.
I think you're joking, but it's probably 50/50.  Typically FOX News picks up a story like that, then the Comrades in the House run with it.

Users who are viewing this thread