Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Trump Commutes Stone's Sentence

OAN raising the Skolkovo project from a few years ago. I don’t know much about it. 

@ren hoek @SaintsInDome2006 what are the Biden implications here?  It looks like the Clinton foundation funneled some money into it and it has military espionage implications. Readers Digest version?

OAN...going to guess zero actual implications...

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

OAN...going to guess zero actual implications...

Agree that the source is terrible. I am just curious as to what happened. Here’s a link the The Hill that discusses it. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/429292-the-case-for-russia-collusion-against-the-democrats

eta yes, an oped. Again I’m just curious as to what went down. 

Edited by -jb-

Just now, -jb- said:

Agree that the source is terrible. I am just curious as to what happened. Here’s a link the The Hill that discusses it. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/429292-the-case-for-russia-collusion-against-the-democrats

Id put that link barely above OAN...not the Hill...but Solomon himself.

I blieve the Hill was investigating the articles he had posted on their site.

His opinions typically have not aged well when it comes to Russia and Ukraine (and that link even has him going to Uranium One).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Trump just declassified  everything  in connection  to Russian hoax

What hoax?

9 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Trump just declassified  everything  in connection  to Russian hoax

So it’s Hail Mary time?

• Like 1

How do we know it’s everything?  Honest question. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

So it’s Hail Mary time?

He has asked for some of this before...the DOJ blocks it in court.

11 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He has asked for some of this before...the DOJ blocks it in court.

Barr probably knows there’s damaging stuff in there for Trump - andTrump has no clue

Posted (edited)

This got me thinking of another Hail Mary that actually would probably swing real votes.

If re-elected I will declassify all files on UFOs/aliens, Kennedy assassination, and all supernatural happenings. No redactions!”

:tinfoilhat:

I mean I still wouldn’t vote for him....but I’d pause for a moment.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

37 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Trump just declassified  everything  in connection  to Russian

This is inaccurate.

He didn't declassify anything; he merely "authorized" things to be declassified. (link)

(And, to be more accurate, we don't know if he really authorized all of the declassification; all we know at this point is that he tweeted about authorizing it.)

Also, he's lying when he says there will be "No redactions". So far, several redactions have remained.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2020 at 8:44 PM, [scooter] said:

This is inaccurate.

He didn't declassify anything; he merely "authorized" things to be declassified. (link)

(And, to be more accurate, we don't know if he really authorized all of the declassification; all we know at this point is that he tweeted about authorizing it.)

Also, he's lying when he says there will be "No redactions". So far, several redactions have remained.

Well, looks like we'll find out. On the record. Publicly. :popcorn:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/trump-russia-declassification-lawsuit/index.html

"It's not the White House that declassifies information. It's the President," Judge Reggie Walton of the DC District Court in Washington said in a hearing Friday. 

"Don't I need to know what the President's position is and not what White House counsel's statement is?" Walton added.

Walton said in court Friday he needed to know what the President actually wanted -- and if Trump would "retract" his public statements ordering the documents' release.

The judge asked for the White House counsel's office to confer directly with Trump and report back to court by next week, when he'll hold another court hearing Wednesday. The judge also set a deadline of Tuesday at noon for DOJ to file a declaration "by the President or an individual who has conferred directly with the President" on what his declassification statements meant.

"The American public has a right to rely on what a President says his intent is," Walton said.

Edited by BigJim®
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 6:44 PM, [scooter] said:
On 10/6/2020 at 6:01 PM, quick-hands said:

Trump just declassified  everything  in connection  to Russian

This is inaccurate.

UPDATE: Trump administration tells judge that Trump was NOT declassifying everything in connection to Russia, but was merely delegating authority to AG Barr

Oh man, I thought Trump was gonna put it all out there to prove the deep state was corrupt, out to get him, and the MSM was in their pocket to create the "Russia Hoax".  You mean that's not true?

• Like 1

Someone remind me: how many guilty pleas and indictments came out of this?