What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (10 Viewers)

Try postulating a possible rational response and see where that gets you. I'm not being facetious or confronting you, it's a test of how absurd it is imagining ways Trump may be totally innocent.
Truthfully telling the tribe over whom you triumph of threatening tithing to the titular tsar of your thralldom leads to tarring and torture of your team throughout all of taped time.  Taking the tall-story to the television terminates traces of tumult that could transition the taxed to turmoil at your titleland.

Is there a reason why Al Dershowitz started hanging with the Nazis at Foxnews?  I don't understand why he made this change.
He is an attention, um, hog and was no longer the "go to" legal expert on the left, so he switched sides to be relevant again.

Just my :2cents:

Truthfully telling the tribe over whom you triumph of threatening tithing to the titular tsar of your thralldom leads to tarring and torture of your team throughout all of taped time.  Taking the tall-story to the television terminates traces of tumult that could transition the taxed to turmoil at your titleland.
I got my like in early on the Jacobin post and I'm in early here too.

The main issue is really:

There's a disturbing segment that don't understand that FLYNN PLED GUILTY TO THIS LITTLE CHARGE BECAUSE HE'S ROLLED OVER!!!!!!

Some really don't get what this means. They have been told, and it's like they didn't hear. It's amazing. Sad, and amazing.
A million times this.  Flynn was implicated by a former CIA director in a plot to kidnap Gulan.  The fact this has a all he is getting should tell everyone he’s rolling on much bigger fish.

It can be lucrative to be a head talking on tv.
Dershowitz and Sekulow, while using very different styles, are essentially hitting the same notes though. But Sekulow is Sekulow and knows (IIRC) little about criminal law while Dershowitz carries the mantle of being a liberal not to mention his renowned rep in the field. It is hard to understand his being this much of a consistent advocate like he represents the president himself. 

I like what you've done here but why tall-story instead of tall tale?  But who am i to second guess another's art.

Look at the big balls on this guy!!!  No thanks, I don't have that big of a gambling problem. 

You're on.  Mark it down and good luck. I'm good for it.  PM me if you want my email. 3 years is a long time and I find myself spending less and less time on here in the FFA. 
Done. I’d wish you good luck, but i can’t do that in all honesty. I really hope Trump is removed from office; he is an orange menace.

Their spin seems to be that if he was so guilty, and if Mueller had so much on them, he would NEVER allow Flynn to plea to such a minimal charge. 

No idea where they’ll move the goalposts if/when Kushy and Trump are zeroed in on , but that seems to be where their mindset is.
Um, do these people know why prosecutors will flip someone?

Hint: it isn't because they think they have the top guy and don't have enough evidence to convict them on more serious charges.

Um, do these people know why prosecutors will flip someone?

Hint: it isn't because they think they have the top guy and don't have enough evidence to convict them on more serious charges.
One thing I noticed yesterday on all the shows: They kept talking about Pence, not Trump. Blumenthal did on CNN. So did others. It seemed odd. I think he's who they might go after. 

Funny, I was going to respond with that exact quote. Flynn was facing charges that could have been decades of jail time and so was his son. Daddy plead down to a charge with a maximum of 5 years and Jr. gets nothing. And this is done before the end of the investigation. If Flynn doesn't bag some big fish, Mueller screwed up.

My theory is that Mueller already knows how everything went down and he's just working his way up the chain getting damning evidence and plea agreements on several people to strengthen the case. I think in the Papa John and Flynn plea agreements they are putting specific information in there to be released with the intent of getting specific people to flip. Flynn's for example appears to point the finger at Jared about something he probably has lied to the FBI about already. They already have Flynn confirming some of what they already knew, now they want Jared.

Another thing to think about is that there has been several reports that foreign intelligence agencies have recordings. I don't believe those can be used in US courts. So they may have a lot of evidence that they can't use and they have to convert it usable evidence like cooperating witnesses.
Mueller is not dumb. The charges that will eventually be levied will be way more serious than lying to the FBI. I'm guessing serious money laundering at a minimum.

He also said this so we know this must be true...

Trump has been binge eating since the Flynn news broke this AM. Panda Express. Arbys. Krispy Kreme. Oval Office like a mall food court today. Only staffers allowed inside "must have food" with them.
I too am a stress eater.  Godspeed Donald.*

*I hope your journey is to federal prison

I keep telling Tim that Dershowitz is not the liberal he used to be and here is yet another example of why he has become such a popular guest on Fox News.
I’m not happy about this. I don’t really care if he’s stopped being a liberal. But he was always a thoughtful pundit. Now he appears to spewing a lot of nonsense. 

Jacobins have justified the judicial use of judgment for if they jettison the juvenile joust justly jurying now, the joinder with jekyls and jokers, juxtaposed, proves their jactitation of justice.
I've come to the conclusion that I didn't get enough love for this post. Yes, I'm breaking the 4th wall or whatever it's called.

When you take into account how much bourbon was in my bloodstream and the divorce case I was dealing with until 7pm, the fact that I spelled that many J-words correctly on my phone while the letters were moving deserves like 21 likes.

Then the fact that it makes actually sense and used at least 1 word that most of you didn't know existed and 12 that our President couldn't spell if I spotted him all the consonants and one vowel, should at least double that like total.

So like me dammit. And someone get me a bloody Mary, holy h e double hockey sticks.
That was one jabber-jawin' jam there, Jersey Joe Pro. Now, grab your Jack JaLanne Juicer and jaunt on over to the Jotis thread and give me a jillion jumpin jacks.

Mueller is not dumb. The charges that will eventually be levied will be way more serious than lying to the FBI. I'm guessing serious money laundering at a minimum.
Yeah, if Flynn conspired to kidnap a US citizen and extradite him to what is essentially a hostile nation for possibly a death sentence ... that can't be swept under the rug, can it?

This entire post seems flawed to me, but I’ll just go directly to the main issue: if what Flynn did was 100% legal, then why did he bother to lie about it? And why did the Trump administration swear over and over that it did not happen? 
It’s not flawed...it’s false from an alias trolling.

Yeah, if Flynn conspired to kidnap a US citizen and extradite him to what is essentially a hostile nation for possibly a death sentence ... that can't be swept under the rug, can it?
I don’t believe he was a citizen. 

And no.  Those charges don’t go away unless someone bigger is going to fry. 

I've been avoiding your rankings for 2 years now......thank goodness you have other staffers that provide them. Each time you troll in the politics forum it confirms my resolve to continue avoiding your rankings and projections. Yes, you are trolling your own forum. If not, you are delusional.
Yeah, Dodds's FBG content has been poor the last couple of years. If I were a co-owner of the site I'd be encouraging Dodds to spend much more time fixing his busted projections and advice, much less (no?) time spent trolling the FFA. This is my last year of paying for FBG, Dodds's performance is the last straw.

Been meaning to look this up for awhile. 

Dodds pulled his predictions from Fantasy Pros two years ago after falling from typical finishes in the top 10% into the middle of the pack for two years running.
I can provide some background on this.

There were benefits and drawbacks associated with being included in the FantasyPros rankings. Our standings in their accuracy rankings, especially David’s, were only ever considered a benefit. (Not just David’s. I also did pretty well and was improving each year, and Bob Henry’s preseason rankings are legendary. I’ll stop naming names, but the list doesn’t end there.) When we decided to withdraw from being included, I promise that “we should pull out because after multiple years of David being in the top 7%, he had a couple years that were merely solidly above-average, leaving him with a top 20% career mean” was not part of our reasoning. We decided that letting a competitor use our paid content, for free, to compete against us for market share, wasn’t our best long-term business strategy. It was a tough decision because we really liked being stacked up against other prognosticators (honestly), but we thought their business model wasn’t compatible with ours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been meaning to look this up for awhile. 

Dodds pulled his predictions from Fantasy Pros two years ago after falling from typical finishes in the top 10% into the middle of the pack for two years running.

There were benefits and drawbacks associated with being included in the FantasyPros rankings. Our standings in their accuracy rankings, especially David’s, were only ever considered a benefit. (Not just David’s. I also did pretty well and was improving each year, and Bob Henry’s preseason rankings are legendary. I’ll stop naming names, but the list doesn’t end there.) When we decided to withdraw from being included, I promise that “we should pull out because after multiple years of David being in the top 7%, he had a couple years that were merely solidly above-average, leaving him with a top 20% career mean” was not part of our reasoning. We decided that letting a competitor use our paid content, for free, to compete against us for market share, wasn’t our best long-term business strategy. It was a tough decision because we really liked being stacked up against other prognosticators (honestly), but we thought their business model wasn’t compatible with ours.
And, it's 90% luck.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

More

I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

9:14 AM - 2 Dec 2017
For those focusing on what was going on just in the transition after the election, keep in mind (as we've been reminded in this article @Henry Ford posted yesterday):

when Flynn applied last year to renew his government security clearance, he failed to disclose a June 2015 trip he made to Egypt and Israel to promote the reactor project. Flynn has not commented on the trips.
That's well before the election - Flynn's impropriety reaches back much earlier than the transition. I believe this an area of focus for Mueller, the impropriety during the transition we now know of publicly was just leverage for Mueller to get to this place where Flynn has to make a deal giving the investigation the truth about what went on prior to election. Flynn's lying didn't just start in mid-November 2016. Trump, the campaign and the Republican platform had a major shift in regard to treatment of Russia. Flynn was part of the campaign and was engaged in shady dealing well before. Too much coincidence there. Not too many fish bigger than Flynn left to fry either. It's nervous time for the white house and the Republicans.

Last edited by a moderator:
January 2021? What about death from natural causes? Or death from unnatural causes? Our dear leader does not take care of himself nor is he universally liked so this bet may need a little clarity.
Good points, but, I took the bet as is. I would loose if either of those happened. 

There were benefits and drawbacks associated with being included in the FantasyPros rankings. Our standings in their accuracy rankings, especially David’s, were only ever considered a benefit. (Not just David’s. I also did pretty well and was improving each year, and Bob Henry’s preseason rankings are legendary. I’ll stop naming names, but the list doesn’t end there.) When we decided to withdraw from being included, I promise that “we should pull out because after multiple years of David being in the top 7%, he had a couple years that were merely solidly above-average, leaving him with a top 20% career mean” was not part of our reasoning. We decided that letting a competitor use our paid content, for free, to compete against us for market share, wasn’t our best business strategy. It was a tough decision because we really liked being stacked up against other prognosticators (honestly), but we thought their business model wasn’t compatible with ours.
Thanks Maurile.  I almost added "correlation doesn't = causation" since I realized there might be other reasons, and probably should have done.

FWIW, I think it's a mistake that you guys aren't in there.  No one can actually use any individual's ratings.  Or at least it would be WAY more trouble than it's worth.  And as long as people like John Paulsen and Sean Koerner are backing it up in public anyone not there suffers by (lack of) comparison IMO. 

I think you guys have enough brand equity, FF tools and daily content that you'd win by being there, as long as you have rankers in the top-X.  But I dropped my sub once I couldn't track FBGs anymore.

Just my two cents.

:thumbup: .

Sometimes I think the same, but Pense? 
Been talking about a President Pence this AM with my parents. 

I noted, when is the last time we've heard Pence speak? The guy is almost as invisible as Jared or the Sec of State. 

Now, if Trump resigns, or less likely, impeached, there will be a significant cloud over his behavior, depending on just what Mueller is able to show with proof level detail for all but the 25% immovables / Moore voter types. 

This would, we'd assume, be after some on the record private and is also presume public testimony. 

So, Pence will have to be on the record on russia et al, and as President can't TOTALLY avoid the spotlight and press. And if he simply shuts down and goes inward, can't see him having any projection of confidence or legitimacy even in the eyes of most of the electorate.

Plus, both in testimony prior to becoming president and as president, unlike Trump Pence is not the worlds greatest liar - by that I don't mean we believe him, but Trump could lie today, and pass a polygraph, then make a different lie about the same issue tomorrow and still pass - in his narcissistic selfish mind he never lies. But Pence? He won't be able to project some air of utter confidence like that under such a microscope. Will be interesting.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

9:14 AM - 2 Dec 2017
Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 19m19 minutes ago

It seems Trump is saying he knew Flynn lied to the FBI. I wonder what the White House lawyers think of this tweet.

FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President ****and the FBI****. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!
Lol. College history classes will be hilarious 30 years from now when they lay out how this unfolded. 

:coffee:  

So we got him on obstruction for sure. 

Daniel Dale‏Verified account @ddale8

FollowFollow @ddale8

More

Trump had never previously acknowledged knowing Flynn lied to the FBI at the time of the firing - and the day after the firing, he asked Comey to let Flynn slide.
Something doesn't make sense here... so he knew that Flynn lied but wanted Comey to back off on Flynn. when that was a no, he then fired Comey?

So, while unlikely, this is certainly a "possible" scenario:

Say things get real bad between Trump and the GOP between now and election. Tax bill is passed, and their is no more need nor desire to coddle Trump. Gloves come off and it's an ugly bloodbath. Certainly feasible, possibly likely.

LESS likely, let's say the Dems actually get their #### together (they won't, the entitled Machine is still geared way toward the Hillarys of this world, and fwiw I saw that AGAIN even with the too slim victory by a Dem for County Executive in Nassau where all the Hillary crowd, fundraisers, party apparatus put themselves in place over the grass roots people that really got her elected in favor of the establishment lawyers and business donations).

Then #### formally hits the fan. Trump resigns or is impeached. It's so bad, Pence does the same... but not until 2019.

Its now a Dem house, and god forbid is Pelosi President? Even the good endings are terrible here.

In all seriousness, as unlikely and outcome as that may be, 18 months ago saying the Speaker could be president was all but laughable and you'd assume if it happened it would be a result of death/incapacity of both pres and VP.  If you said that the President would be the Speaker from the party that controls neither the house nor White House at present? LUDICROUS. Like, an all but impossible scenario.

Suddenly it's still really unlikely, but there's a path that is not abjectly ridiculous to conceive is possible. 

What a country!

Users who are viewing this thread