Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Trump Directs McGahn to Ignore Congressional Subpoena, McGahn Obeys; Cohen Testifies Sekulow Knew He was going to Lie to Congress

JUST IN: Michael Cohen told lawmakers that Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow encouraged him to give false information to Congress, according to transcripts released Monday.

• Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Come on Saints, you are better than this.  Cohen?  Really?  He is your star witness?

The mans fixer for how long?  He knows more than anyone besides trump himself.

6 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

The mans fixer for how long?  He knows more than anyone besides trump himself.

Yeah he has been referred to Trump's fixer for decades

It's amusing that since he got busted you just can't believe a darn word he says. :lmao:

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Yeah he has been referred to Trump's fixer for decades

It's amusing that since he got busted you just can't believe a darn word he says. :lmao:

And you dont have to believe his every word -- but its certainly more worthy of a discerning look than almost anyone else stating something.

In fact most every large corruption case that get broken wide open has utilized guys exactly like Cohen. And that's according to Giuliani himself.

Edited by BigSteelThrill
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

In fact most every large corruption case that get broken wide open has utilized guys exactly like Cohen. And that's according to Giuliani himself.

Sure but again this isn’t a corruption case- it’s Congress looking at the possibility of impeaching President Trump. Which means the public is the jury. Which means you’re going to need better witnesses than Michael Cohen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Sure but again this isn’t a corruption case- it’s Congress looking at the possibility of impeaching President Trump. Which means the public is the jury. Which means you’re going to need better witnesses than Michael Cohen. 

Cool cool cool

So because the President surrounded himself with criminals and shady characters, those same people aren't credible enough to testify that the President committed illegal acts.

Great system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

You need facts. Evidence. Not just his word. But let us not play dumb as to what Cohen has been exposed to regarding Trump.

6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

surprised nuns didn't apply for the fixer position.

Just now, The Z Machine said:

Cool cool cool

So because the President surrounded himself with criminals and shady characters, those same people aren't credible enough to testify that the President committed illegal acts.

Great system.

Whaddya gonna do? 

Honestly our system was built to deal with a corrupt President that one political party decides to protect, but not by impeachment. The Founding Fathers knew impeachment would be difficult if not impossible, so they gave us the 4 year election cycle. 

@malcolmnance

WARNING: “a suggestion to recruit African-Americans and transport them to camps in Africa “for combat prep and training in sabotage.” Those recruits would then be sent back to America to foment violence and work to establish a pan-African state in (US)”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russian-documents-reveal-desire-sow-racial-discord-violence-u-s-n1008051

4 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

@malcolmnance

WARNING: “a suggestion to recruit African-Americans and transport them to camps in Africa “for combat prep and training in sabotage.” Those recruits would then be sent back to America to foment violence and work to establish a pan-African state in (US)”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russian-documents-reveal-desire-sow-racial-discord-violence-u-s-n1008051

We need to be very careful with this sort of story. I believe the Russians are eager to sow discord but this...

It sounds a lot like the claims J Edgar Hoover made about the Civil Rights movement. He kept trying to prove it was a Russian plot. 

19 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Whaddya gonna do? 

Honestly our system was built to deal with a corrupt President that one political party decides to protect, but not by impeachment. The Founding Fathers knew impeachment would be difficult if not impossible, so they gave us the 4 year election cycle. 

The problem is the ridiculous DOJ/OLC "opinion". It is literally the only reason that Trump is still in office. 

6 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

Come on Saints, you are better than this.  Cohen?  Really?  He is your star witness?

I would counter with, Cohen has as much credibility when speaking about Trump as Trump has when speaking about Cohen.   2 peas in a pod.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

Apparently the HIC released the Cohen transcript today, so this is new. If it makes you feel any better R Rep Collins released 9 transcripts of closed door testimony, including Loretta Lynch & several FBI agents, apparently as some kind of response. 

Cohen isn't credible enough to bring down trump, but IMO he's credible to investigate further...look for collaborating evidence, see if his story checks out.  AFAIK, the way Congress does this is with hearings, subpoena's and the like.  So - lets get moving on that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump pointed out that the judge who ruled against him today is an Obama appointee. 

I think what I might hate most about Trumpian politics is this constant insinuation that the other side is biased against him due to politics, be it judges, media, the FBI, just about any entity previously considered neutral. It’s not a meme that Trump created but he has carried it to a degree we’ve never seen before, and his followers swallow it whole. I can’t stand it. 

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Trump pointed out that the judge who ruled against him today is an Obama appointee. 

I think what I might hate most about Trumpian politics is this constant insinuation that the other side is biased against him due to politics, be it judges, media, the FBI, just about any entity previously considered neutral. It’s not a meme that Trump created but he has carried it to a degree we’ve never seen before, and his followers swallow it whole. I can’t stand it. 

It’s projection. He has no principles and instead thinks entirely in terms of partisanship and he assumes everyone else does as well. (See: typical mind fallacy.)

7 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

@malcolmnance

“The documents were obtained through the Dossier Center”

I can only imagine where this will go.

8 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:
8 hours ago, timschochet said:

It’s projection. He has no principles and instead thinks entirely in terms of partisanship and he assumes everyone else does as well. (See: typical mind fallacy.)

He's going to appeal the ruling to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals.

The current Chief Justice of that court is Merrick Garland.

:lmao:

Edited by BobbyLayne
typo
  • Like 1

Don McGann has been ordered by the White House not to testify. This is part of what I meant  when I wrote yesterday that Trump is obstructing justice in real time. 

Another day of the Trump admin openly ignoring subpoenas and breaking the law, another day of the Democrats doing absolutely nothing about it.

The only way you defeat a bully is by standing up to him. Keep letting him take your lunch money and he'll never stop.

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Don McGann has been ordered by the White House not to testify. This is part of what I meant  when I wrote yesterday that Trump is obstructing justice in real time. 

but he's annoyed and its ok to obstruct justice if justice is annoying you

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Another day of the Trump admin openly ignoring subpoenas and breaking the law, another day of the Democrats doing absolutely nothing about it.

The only way you defeat a bully is by standing up to him. Keep letting him take your lunch money and he'll never stop.

:goodposting: