What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (10 Viewers)

Put another way - the damage to the Republican party is pretty severe either way - but I think their thinking is it's worse if he gets impeached than if he just doesn't get re-elected. 
Could be, but I think that is dangerous. Based on what we saw in midterms, even when an unpopular president is not on the ballot it can drive opposing party voters for all races. If/when he is, I wouldn't expect a different outcome. It's going to be very difficult for Republicans to distance themselves from Trump, particularly if they have been his shills for another 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darren Samuelsohn‏Verified account @dsamuelsohn

FollowFollow @dsamuelsohn

More

NEW - More Mueller mystery grand jury maneuvering. A 246-word sealed motion just filed in the DC Circuit by the foreign company that's been held in contempt for defying what appears to be a special counsel subpoena.
$50K per day fine is peanuts. Obviously they have jurisdiction so start throwing people in jail until they comply.

$50K per day fine is peanuts. Obviously they have jurisdiction so start throwing people in jail until they comply.
When I originally read the bit about the fine (before the appeals and whatnot) I thought that the fine was supposed to go up incrementally if they didn't comply.  But I haven't seen anything about that since.

When I originally read the bit about the fine (before the appeals and whatnot) I thought that the fine was supposed to go up incrementally if they didn't comply.  But I haven't seen anything about that since.
$50K per day might be the max; Bank of China was fined that a few years ago for not turning over records in a trademark / counterfeit goods case.

So Ken Starr's 480 page opus about cigars and blowies is available in its full glory, but Bill Barr thinks we're not going to see Mueller's report?  OK, Bill. 

It's ridiculous to think this is even possible.

Dear god Rudy...so we just moved the goalposts to Trump didn’t coordinate with Russia to hack the DNC, so there’s no crime (he literally said that).   How long before that goalpost is moved itself?

The new goal posts, folks.

Todd Zwillich‏Verified account @toddzwillich

FollowFollow @toddzwillich

More

Rudy Giuliani, on CNN: "I never said there was no collusion between people in the campaign" and Russians. And on Trump, "He said *he* didn't (collude with Russians.) He didn't say nobody."

6:11 PM - 16 Jan 2019
This can't be a real quote. So we're at a place where the public face of the defense team for the President of the United States is laying the groundwork for us to find out that there was collusion between the campaign and Russia?

Cool. Cool. Cool. Cool. Cool. Cooooool.

So Ken Starr's 480 page opus about cigars and blowies is available in its full glory, but Bill Barr thinks we're not going to see Mueller's report?  OK, Bill. 

It's ridiculous to think this is even possible.
Technically speaking - different statutes authorizing different investigations, with different end requirements.

I would say it's 50-50 whether we see the complete Mueller Report by 2020.  (Excluding any classified material).  Between Trumps edits, Barr's edits, and litigation over executive privilege - it's going to be a rocky road. 

So, the Rudy quote is real unless the deep fake tech has gotten amazing in the past 12 hours.

If we ever invent time travel, I'm going to show this video to myself sometime in the months after 9/11 because I can't even believe this is real and I know Rudy is a clown. Imagine seeing this when you didn't know that.

Then I'm going to talk to some hardcore Dems during the Bush administration to tell them that it's not as bad as they think and #### is about to get real weird.

Then I'll kill Hitler, invest in some stocks, and put it all on the 85 Bears.

This can't be a real quote. So we're at a place where the public face of the defense team for the President of the United States is laying the groundwork for us to find out that there was collusion between the campaign and Russia?

As Cuomo pointed out to him, we already know there was, there’s just a bunch of people that don’t want to admit it to themselves.

Not really adding anything here, but man with the Barr hearings I get a strong feeling whatever happened is going to just get buried and we will never know the truth.

:lmao: Was going to post the same thing. 

Hey CNN. How about stop bringing people on that just blatantly lie? mkay? 

JΞSŦΞR ✪ ΔCŦUΔL³³º¹‏ @th3j35t3r

FollowingFollowing @th3j35t3r

More

GIULIANI: Muellers people deleted 19,000 of Strzok and Pages SMS messages.

CUOMO: No, they recovered 19,000 SMS messages.

GIULIANI: But they were unable to recover the same number of SMS messages.

CUOMO: If they couldn't recover them how did they know how many there were?
Completely inaccurate

the Inspector General recovered 19k texts from their FBI Samsung phones The iPhones they used when they worked for Mueller were wiped clean, Strzok when he turned his in, and Page when they found it in her office a few weeks after she left. This wouldn’t seem malicious except for the fact that the OSC knew they were being investigated by the OIG for, amongst other things, some of their texts.

Completely inaccurate

the Inspector General recovered 19k texts from their FBI Samsung phones The iPhones they used when they worked for Mueller were wiped clean, Strzok when he turned his in, and Page when they found it in her office a few weeks after she left. This wouldn’t seem malicious except for the fact that the OSC knew they were being investigated by the OIG for, amongst other things, some of their texts.
Cool story bro.  Giulliani just admitted that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia. Any thoughts on that?  

Just here for the CNN montage showing the umpty-four million times Rudy and others said "no one on the campaign colluded with the Russians".

"Oh, they got this all screwed up."

"So you never said, 'Trump is innocent! No collusion'?"

"What I said was, 'Trump is innocent? No, collusion!' 

... oops, shouldn't have this bar association logo on there, either."

Just here for the CNN montage showing the umpty-four million times Rudy and others said "no one on the campaign colluded with the Russians".
1. Nobody in the campaign had any contact with the Russians. (repeat hundreds of times) 

B. Oh yeah, there was a meeting about adoptions but Trump didn't know about it. 

III. Okay, the meeting was about stolen data but Trump still didn't know about it. 

» Sure I (Trump) met with the Russians but it was about a business deal! 

® Of course there was collusion with the campaign and Russia but Trump didn't know about it! 

Michael: I knew that finding a successor would be difficult. I did not know that it would be impossible. Thus far the candidates have been wildly disappointing. Uh, Jim is not taking it seriously. Uh, Stanley is having a stroke. And Andy, where is he? Where the hell is Andy? Where is he, Pam? Do you know? Ah... who's ahead in points?
Pam: I think they're even. At various times you gave Jim ten points, Dwight a gold star, and Stanley a thumbs up. And I don't really know how to compare those units.
Michael: Check to see if there is a conversion chart in that notebook.
Pam: I really doubt it, Michael.
Michael: Please just check.

1. Nobody in the campaign had any contact with the Russians. (repeat hundreds of times) 

III. Okay, the meeting was about stolen data but Trump still didn't know about it. 

® Of course there was collusion with the campaign and Russia but Trump didn't know about it! 
Pretty sure “even if there were collusion it wouldn’t be a crime” was in there as well.

So news is about to come out that a bunch of people in the campaign definitely did conspire with Russia to hack DNC emails. And that Trump was definitely involved once the emails were hacked.

Super elite numbering system

So, Re: Giuliani 

What is the conventional wisdom here?  A media story is about to drop and he is getting out in front, or Whittaker is feeding Trump information from the Mueller investigation?

• Thinking
Reactions: Ned
So, Re: Giuliani 

What is the conventional wisdom here?  A media story is about to drop and he is getting out in front, or Whittaker is feeding Trump information from the Mueller investigation?
Substitute the or for and... I’m guessing the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

What's the O/U on when we get to the end of this denial daisy-chain?  "The President colluded, but he's allowed because he's the President."

What's the O/U on when we get to the end of this denial daisy-chain?  "The President colluded, but he's allowed because he's the President."
If figure the end of it OS what you said or a variation of "we had to commit treason because Hillary would have won"

Of course a other braindead ending would be "we did it for the lulz/memes"

goal post update:

1. we don't know if the Russians hacked and if they wanted Trump to win

2. they may have hacked but I have no contacts, no business arrangements, my campaign had no contacts with Russians

3. well a couple people may have had contacts with Russians but was about helping Russian babies

4. well we may have had secret meetings to get dirt on Hillary but nothing happened

5. well there may have been dozens of meetings between nearly every member of the campaign (that every one of them lied about) and Russians it was all very normal, cool and legal 

6. well there was an agreement to build Trump Moscow but the discussions ended in the beginning of 2016 

7. well the Trump Moscow talks continued until the summer of 2016

8.  well the Trump Moscow talks continued all the way up to the election but everyone knew it and it's completely normal to secretly discuss building a  project to make hundreds of millions and lie about it for 2 years with the same counterparty that is hacking DNC / voting systems and undergoing a massive social media disinformation campaign

9. NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, NO COLLUSION!, 

10.  Collusion isn't a crime and are crimes really crimes?

11. well there may have been collusion by the campaign manager during the campaign but Trump didn't know about it

12.  ......(I can fill in the blanks..)
wow...who could've guessed this a week ago....

so now the simple question is all these guys in Trump's campaign are colluding with Russia, lying, going to jail but who was the beneficiary?

Users who are viewing this thread