What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (9 Viewers)

Cliff notes on what Stone did? 
Really no big deal....just threatened a witness by texting him “prepare to die”.  Lied to Congress 7 times. Stone today.... “He knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him,” Mr. Stone told the journalist Howard Fineman on Friday shortly before the announcement. “It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didn’t.”

From the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Commmittee: 

"Imy view it would be justified if President @realDonaldTrump decided to commute Roger Stone's prison sentence. Mr. Stone is in his 70s and this was a non-violent, first-time offense."

A jury unanimously convicted Stone of lying to and obstructing Congress. And Stone is 67, not in his 70s. 

Obviously. Been away for awhile. Has one single Trump supporter acknowledged that Trump has abandoned any pretense that he’s not corruptly conspiring to hide his criminality?

I mean, this is the same crew that generally freaked out at every imagined or perceived action of Obama as part of a grand conspiracy to seize power.

And yet here Stone says he was under tremendous pressure to turn on Trump, and that he expected to be rewarded for not doing so. And he was, a couple days removed when Vindman was pushed out for telling the truth.

Meanwhile, Barr is removing prosecutors leading probable cases involving Trump corruption, and installing yes men. Forget party politics. This is unAmerican in every sense, and yet has a single of the remaining Trump supporters given one inch, or do they simply cover their ears and  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
They. Don't. Care.

Unbelievable.
jm, You’re one of the more centered Trump “supporters” here. I’d love your thoughts on this. Are actions like this something that would sway your vote?  

* I quoted supporters here because if I remember correctly you voted for him in the past and have considered voting for him this time.  

From the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Commmittee: 

"Imy view it would be justified if President @realDonaldTrump decided to commute Roger Stone's prison sentence. Mr. Stone is in his 70s and this was a non-violent, first-time offense."

A jury unanimously convicted Stone of lying to and obstructing Congress. And Stone is 67, not in his 70s. 
Smells like some projection going on

Of course not....I think we can finally scratch "law and order" off the list of things the GOP is allegedly "all about".
The Democrats scratched that off their list about 50 years ago.

But, of course, I disagree with your assertion to begin with.
Neither side gives a #### about it when it comes to their own party. It’s all about power, plain and simple.  They are opposing sides of the same coin.  

The Democrats scratched that off their list about 50 years ago.

But, of course, I disagree with your assertion to begin with.
Sure....has nothing to do with the GOP jumping the shark here.  I'm hearing a lot of "but the Democrats" in these threads.  That's not unexpected...every time there is a shift in leadership the side that was in control always goes to "but the other guy...." shtick when the shoe's on the other foot.  What's different this time around is I see the GOP and it's supporters dusting off that excuse early and often.  The election's not even happened and you're already knee deep in it.  I don't think for a single second that if say Bill Clinton admitted under oath to shady stuff out on the tarmac and was facing jail time and Obama goes and pardons him that you'd "disagree with my assessment" when I said the same thing about him.  There's a myriad of people in these threads currently looking the other way who would be pounding the crap out of the "like" button.....you included.  

I think you missed it, the real polls show Trump is up big. He told us via Twitter this week that the ones we see on TV are fake. 
Some reports during this pandemic more Trumplican/ Republicans are registering than Democrats . Get those friends and family who plan on voting for Biden registered and if possible do the mail in ballot option if you live in urban areas with dense populations. Your polling places are going to be so busy that many will stay home with long lines  In November, and that is what a Trump is counting on. I don’t care what any poll says I believe that too many Trump haters will stay home in November and he will be re-elected. I am tempted right now to place money on it in Las Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator:
jm, You’re one of the more centered Trump “supporters” here. I’d love your thoughts on this. Are actions like this something that would sway your vote?  

* I quoted supporters here because if I remember correctly you voted for him in the past and have considered voting for him this time.  
I won't lose sleep over Stone skipping jail.  California is talking about letting thousands of prisoners out to prevent COVID-19 spread.  As far as dangers to society go, he's at the bottom of the list.

But man, what a humungous $hit on our Justice system.  You can't pardon your buddy, regardless of how badly you feel he was set up.  You can't pardon a guy whose alleged crime is lying to cover for you.  I know people are heeing and hawing that this wasn't a surprise. 

I've been trending away from Trump for a while.  Honestly, if I didn't have such disdain for high level Democrats, it would be so much easier to turn on Trump.  In 2016, Trump was the lesser of two evils.  Sadly, in 2020, Biden will be the lesser of two evils.  Beats the hell out of Bernie/Warren. 

It’s embarrassing that anyone who claims to love America would believe this pack of lies.
For what it's worth, I think putting 67 year old's in jail over this during a pandemic--while we're talking about releasing criminals that are already jailed--is the wrong move.  If we're putting young criminals with worse crimes free--Stone's probably not any more of a risk to society than those people.

But man it bothers me on so many levels that the President is going to go and free his buddy.  Unacceptable. 

I won't lose sleep over Stone skipping jail.  California is talking about letting thousands of prisoners out to prevent COVID-19 spread.  As far as dangers to society go, he's at the bottom of the list.

But man, what a humungous $hit on our Justice system.  You can't pardon your buddy, regardless of how badly you feel he was set up.  You can't pardon a guy whose alleged crime is lying to cover for you.  I know people are heeing and hawing that this wasn't a surprise. 

I've been trending away from Trump for a while.  Honestly, if I didn't have such disdain for high level Democrats, it would be so much easier to turn on Trump.  In 2016, Trump was the lesser of two evils.  Sadly, in 2020, Biden will be the lesser of two evils.  Beats the hell out of Bernie/Warren. 
Well said.  

Kudos to you.  I know many Trump supporters IRL and obviously some folks here.  I’ve lost all respect for the ones who don’t speak up.

The op-ed will be another reminder that the Russia investigation was anything but a hoax.  
Sure it was.  It will be a reminder how low the Democrats stooped to overthrow a legitimate elected POTUS.

I'm sure it won't be the lowest, though.  We've seen and will see more despicable behavior from them in the future, especially if Trump gets re-elected.

Mueller's op-ed in the Washington Post has led Lindsey Graham to change his mind about Bob testifying before the Senate. Almost 18 months after the investigation concluded. What's Graham's game plan? I doubt if Mueller will willingly testify.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1282382774419238918?cxt=HHwWjMC19diV-MsjAAAA
Mueller's Op Ed:  :lol:

The dude couldn't even remember where he was, what the case was about out and probably his last name.  This OPINION proves what again?  That Democrats will latch onto the red meat once again?  We already knew that.

The dude couldn't even remember where he was, what the case was about out and probably his last name.  This OPINION proves what again?  That Democrats will latch onto the red meat once again?  We already knew that.
"He lied about the identity of his intermediary to WikiLeaks..He lied by denying he had communicated with the Trump campaign about the timing of WikiLeaks’ releases. He in fact updated senior campaign officials repeatedly about WikiLeaks.” -Mueller

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1282124975353233410?cxt=HHwWgMC0xdHW6csjAAAA

Care to dispute any of those statements?

Do you ever get tired of just flat out lying on this board?  Because claiming he couldn’t remember  those things is not what happened in that testimony.  His opinion is pretty much the most informed on this topic.

SoBeDad said:
"He lied about the identity of his intermediary to WikiLeaks..He lied by denying he had communicated with the Trump campaign about the timing of WikiLeaks’ releases. He in fact updated senior campaign officials repeatedly about WikiLeaks.” -Mueller

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1282124975353233410?cxt=HHwWgMC0xdHW6csjAAAA

Care to dispute any of those statements?
I think it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that this was a witch hunt and an attempted coup by the left (and the Obama admin).  Durham's investigation will just be icing on the cake.

I think most Americans have seen and heard enough that it's turned them off from anything the left may say. 

I think it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that this was a witch hunt and an attempted coup by the left (and the Obama admin).  Durham's investigation will just be icing on the cake.

I think most Americans have seen and heard enough that it's turned them off from anything the left may say. 
Cool so the fact that it’s beyond a reasonable doubt at this point you should easily be able to point to the arrests and convictions.  Who where those again?  

Cool so the fact that it’s beyond a reasonable doubt at this point you should easily be able to point to the arrests and convictions.  Who where those again?  
That's like going after Pablo Escobar and ending up convicting the drug dealer they nabbed on a corner in downtown Cleveland and declaring victory.

Awesome how court convicted felons like Stone are innocent but an investigation that has been tried by Faux News, Rush Limbaugh or some internet web site is called proven beyond reasonable doubt. No matter ,it never ends.  :wall:

More posting of just outright lies.  Link yo proof beyond a reasonable doubt please.

So no arrests or convictions, zero.  But I thought it was beyond a reasonable doubt?   
Not only no arrests...literally nothing at all claiming as he did outside of right wing opinions.

Wait in Mueller, wait on Horowitz, wait on Durham (interesting that he cant come il with anything before the election.). Odd how the whole Mueller is taking too ljng and wasting money (he didn't) and this Durham investigation seems to have to real end.

Users who are viewing this thread