What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (5 Viewers)

Mr. Ham said:
So how many years in prison is this donk going to get?
What crimes did he actually commit? It's not against the law to create fake companies and fake people and then lie about them, and it's not against the law to have a press conference and accuse a famous person of rape. Well, I suppose that last part could be considered slander, but that's a civil matter.

What crimes did he actually commit? It's not against the law to create fake companies and fake people and then lie about them, and it's not against the law to have a press conference and accuse a famous person of rape. Well, I suppose that last part could be considered slander, but that's a civil matter.
It's against the law to interfere in a federal investigation, to suborn or provide perjured testimony (like a false affidavit) and in some cases it's against the law to conspire to intentionally accuse someone of a crime he didn't commit in order to have him investigated by law enforcement.  Also, in some states (not sure which ones they committed these acts in) it's illegal to conspire specifically to accuse a public official of a crime.

It's against the law to interfere in a federal investigation, to suborn or provide perjured testimony (like a false affidavit) and in some cases it's against the law to conspire to intentionally accuse someone of a crime he didn't commit in order to have him investigated by law enforcement.  Also, in some states (not sure which ones they committed these acts in) it's illegal to conspire specifically to accuse a public official of a crime.
Did Wohl actually produce a false affidavit? That would certainly seem like a crime if he did that.

I suppose you can make an argument that he conspired to falsely accuse Mueller of a crime. But since he never called the police and never called for law enforcement to investigate Mueller (as far as we know), I'm not sure if the charges would stick.

Did Wohl actually produce a false affidavit? That would certainly seem like a crime if he did that.

I suppose you can make an argument that he conspired to falsely accuse Mueller of a crime. But since he never called the police and never called for law enforcement to investigate Mueller (as far as we know), I'm not sure if the charges would stick.
He produced a document, which most people believe to be false based on the circumstances, which is docusigned by Carolyne Cass.  I do not believe it is signed under penalty of perjury.  But I don't have a lot of information on that document.

Here's a tweet with the two images side by side, but I don't know where the original photo is from or when it was first posted somewhere.

https://twitter.com/cbouzy/status/1058109416170536960
Well, the twitter thread indicates that she matches a woman named Carolyne Cass who was born in 1984. Which would make her a little old to be his girlfriend but who knows?

Someone said that the picture was taken at LAX. Looks like they're on one of the escalators.

I'll walk back my claims re: girlfriend, I don't have any personal evidence to back it up and was merely repeating the original claim, which I should know better than to do.

Well, the twitter thread indicates that she matches a woman named Carolyne Cass who was born in 1984. Which would make her a little old to be his girlfriend but who knows?

Someone said that the picture was taken at LAX. Looks like they're on one of the escalators.
I have been to all of the airports she may have flown into near the press conference, and I do not believe it is from one of those airports.  But certainly renovations have happened, and my memory is not perfect.

LAX was my first thought because of the overhead lighting in the United terminal and because that's where she lives.

I fully expect Wohl and Birdman to receive the same punishment that Avenatti and the media who pushed the fake rape stories about Kavanaugh received..

What's fair is fair.

I fully expect Wohl and Birdman to receive the same punishment that Avenatti and the media who pushed the fake rape stories about Kavanaugh received..

What's fair is fair.
What fake stories did the media push?  Even Avenatti?

You are playing pretty fast and loose with the facts again.

What's fair is fair.
Did Avenatti produce a signed affidavit? Did Avenatti fabricate the existence of people? Did Avenatti himself accuse anyone of rape, or did he only claim to represent a client who did? Did Avenatti call for a police investigation despite knowing that elements of his claim were fabricated?

If the answer to all 4 questions is an unequivocal "Yes", then we can start playing the 'fair is fair' game. But until then you've got a wet rope.

Did Avenatti produce a signed affidavit? Did Avenatti fabricate the existence of people? Did Avenatti himself accuse anyone of rape, or did he only claim to represent a client who did? Did Avenatti call for a police investigation despite knowing that elements of his claim were fabricated?

If the answer to all 4 questions is an unequivocal "Yes", then we can start playing the 'fair is fair' game. But until then you've got a wet rope.
Why bother, dude?  Nfl2df can expect anything he wants, and it'll make no difference to the outcome. 

Preet BhararaVerified account @PreetBharara

1. Mueller is a prosecutor’s prosecutor

2. Jacob Wohl is a fool’s fool

Washington Times, huh? 
Whenever I want to find updates about the russia meme trial, I search for my main man 'Dubelier' in the news filter.  This was about the only recent article that showed up.  Looking forward to seeing how they prosecute this kangaroo court nonsense.  

International money laundering schemes, facebook memes, it's practically interchangeable really
I take it you've forgotten what Concord is charged with.

Conspiracy to defraud The United States, wire fraud, bank fraud, and aggravated identity theft are the count headings.

I take it you've forgotten what Concord is charged with.

Conspiracy to defraud The United States, wire fraud, bank fraud, and aggravated identity theft are the count headings.
They're being prosecuted because they're Russian and posted the facebook memes.  

They're being prosecuted because they're Russian and posted the facebook memes.  
They’re being prosecuted because they broke numerous financial and identity laws in order to circumvent laws dealing with foreign interference in the United States political process. 

I’m not predicting anything. However obstruction is an intent crime. If the intent of Wohl and Burkman was to intimidate Mueller, get him fired, or impede the investigation then there could be that. And if there’s any political money or dirty tricks driving these two in advance of an election then I’m guessing election financing laws could pop up. 

And if there’s any political money or dirty tricks driving these two in advance of an election then I’m guessing election financing laws could pop up. 
It's not like either of those 2 were offering women $20k out of their own pockets. The offered money was coming from somewhere else.  Probably the Washington Times, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread