What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (7 Viewers)

So much time and energy has been spent trying to convict Trump of the one thing for which he may in fact be innocent.  While every other sort of corruption imaginable happens in broad daylight.  It’s odd to see antiTrump people hounding Trump for not being hostile enough to Russia, not sanctioning Russia hard enough, cheering big tech as it banishes independent media and ‘fake news’ from its platforms.  It’s like provoking Trump for not being rightwing and authoritarian enough.  

Maybe resistance to Trump shouldn’t be spearheaded by neoliberals who reinforce and reap profits off the most decrepit aspects of his presidency.   
Perhaps, but I'm fairly certain that Julian Assange superfans who used to sport Pepe the Frog avatars are not the best place to look for advice on resisting Trump.

Honey.  Listen to me.  We have to get a divorce.  It’s a faux divorce though.  It’s to protect you and the kids and our assets.  To really sell it, I’m going to need to bang around with a Fox News personality.  I saw a really hot one this morning who’ll be perfect.  Okay, good talk.  
:subscribe:

So much time and energy has been spent trying to convict Trump of the one thing for which he may in fact be innocent.  While every other sort of corruption imaginable happens in broad daylight.  It’s odd to see antiTrump people hounding Trump for not being hostile enough to Russia, not sanctioning Russia hard enough, cheering big tech as it banishes independent media and ‘fake news’ from its platforms.  It’s like provoking Trump for not being rightwing and authoritarian enough.  

Maybe resistance to Trump shouldn’t be spearheaded by neoliberals who reinforce and reap profits off the most decrepit aspects of his presidency.   
You started with a dubious claim, don't really back it up, and are now just flinging poo all over the place.  You pretend to be interested in corruption and aggressive policy in the Middle East, but all you are doing is carrying water for a President that exemplifies both. 

You started with a dubious claim, don't really back it up, and are now just flinging poo all over the place.  You pretend to be interested in corruption and aggressive policy in the Middle East, but all you are doing is carrying water for a President that exemplifies both. 
selective ethics on full display once again take that to the bank brohans 

Perhaps, but I'm fairly certain that Julian Assange superfans who used to sport Pepe the Frog avatars are not the best place to look for advice on resisting Trump.
What's wrong with pepe?  He's a cool little frog guy.  

Anyway, nice copout that doesn't address anything I've said at all

I think this pretty much covers it:

All he might say, should he want to, is that Trump isn't the guy Dodds thought he was, not that the conspiracy isn't real
Sure, nothing happened, but that's because there was unforeseen delays... BECAUSE THE CORRUPTION IS EVEN DEEPER THAN WE THOUGHT AND MORE WORK NEEDS TO BE DONE! 

Even its creator acknowledges that Pepe has become the mascot for white nationalism and Neo-Nazis and killed Pepe as a result.

Furie was horrified to see his creation become a mascot for the 'alt-right' fringe movement, a loosely connected mix of white nationalists, neo-Nazis and other right-wing extremists.

"It all just happened so fast," he said.

"Make no mistake: They're basically the new [Ku Klux Klan]."

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
You don't offer stalemate.....stalemate happens when a player is not in check but has no legal moves (i.e. every possible move will result in the player putting himself into check).

Trump could offer a draw, though what you're describing here sounds like a legal version of threefold repetition...
that is the very definition of "checkmate".  In chess, anyway.

I think this pretty much covers it:
It's not a dubious claim at all.  I shouldn't have to sit here and explain how Saudi gives the US $110B dollars for #### to destroy Yemen with, Raytheon/Lockheed win huge defense contracts, which circles its way back into Schiff's campaign coffers.  I have sufficiently explained how Schiff personally profits off disastrous war crimes in the middle east and is a complete fraud.  We don't get to pretend weapons don't have a manufacturer and defense contractors don't have Schiff's ear.  I don't know how else I'm supposed to explain this to people who willfully pretend to miss the point.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry, I guess I just have a hard time taking advice on resisting Trump and advancing American interests from a guy who plays dumb about white nationalist imagery, refuses to even address documented instances of anti-Semitism from groups they routinely praise and admire, and who cheerlead foreign actors committing felony crimes against American citizens. Crazy, I know.

Anyway, the Dems and the press can and have tried to highlight "every other sort of corruption imaginable happens in broad daylight," despite your false claim otherwise. This was a HUGE part of the reason so many of us fought so hard to take back the House this election cycle. After all the Dems can't pass legislation or even stop nominations with simple House control; really the only substantive thing they can do is check administration corruption and hold the White House and leadership at federal agencies and to some extent the private sector accountable for their actions via subpoenas and hearings.

So for you to come around today and accuse "the resistance" of not doing the one thing we've devoted the most effort to for the last two years, on the day we finally scored our first big win in that effort (an effort I have not seen any evidence of your participation in, btw), just because we also are concerned about the integrity of our elections and protecting the nation and its policies from influence by adversarial foreign entities?  Nah.  Sell it somewhere else.

It's not a dubious claim at all.  I shouldn't have to sit here and explain how Saudi gives the US $110B dollars for #### to destroy Yemen with, Raytheon/Lockheed win huge defense contracts, which circles its way back into Schiff's campaign coffers.  I have sufficiently explained how Schiff personally profits off disastrous war crimes in the middle east and is a complete fraud.  We don't get to pretend weapons don't have a manufacturer and defense contractors don't have Schiff's ear.  I don't know how else I'm supposed to explain this to people who willfully pretend to miss the point.  
Don't forget that Schiff's wife is friends with J-Lo,  and they have gone out for dinner numerous times on Schiff's dime.  So she has also indirectly profited from Saudi war crimes.  JLo is a war criminal!

All he might say, should he want to, is that Trump isn't the guy Dodds thought he was, not that the conspiracy isn't real
Trump allowed his DOJ to get hijacked by some people who are investigating things where they have clear conflicts of interest that are being glossed over....

the IG report was just the tip of the iceberg, but even with that the entire senior leadership of the FBI have been fired with cause or pushed out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump allowed his DOJ to get hijacked by some people who are investigating things where they have clear conflicts of interest that are being glossed over....

the IG report was just the tip of the iceberg, but even with that the entire senior leadership of the FBI have been fired with cause or pushed out...
"But the conspiracy goes way deeper than that"
/y'allknowwho

What is funny is how you could cut out pretty much this entire paragraph of inferences and stretches if you just made Kushner or Trump the subject.   Instead, you continue to ignore that.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

Sessions is out

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

We are pleased to announce that Matthew G. Whitaker, Chief of Staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the Department of Justice, will become our new Acting Attorney General of the United States. He will serve our Country well....

Sessions is out

We are pleased to announce that Matthew G. Whitaker, Chief of Staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the Department of Justice, will become our new Acting Attorney General of the United States. He will serve our Country well....
The real issue is a defense contractor spending a tens of thousands on a Congressman 

Sessions is out

So he gets to appoint someone because he resigned rather than being fired?

Any interesting developments over here?
NY Mag says Trump Jr is telling people he might be indicted in the near future.

There's the usual Roger Stone lying about his Wikileaks contacts. I think he's on his fourth or fifth different story by now.

New acting AG apparently isn't a fan of the scope of the Mueller investigation.

Ren is trying to lecture us on resisting Trump while ducking his history of winks and nods to White Nationalism.

I still think the pee tape is real.

avid Walsh  @DavidAstinWalsh

In light of Session’s “resignation,” I want to re-up a point I made back in September. Trump’s play now will be to purge the Justice Department, stonewall congressional investigations, and rely on SCOTUS to protect him.

People seem concerned about this Sessions thing and what it means for the Mueller investigation.  I am not concerned, for three reasons:

1. Mueller no doubt was ready for this. He had months to prepare. I'd expect indictments and leaks to the press if they try to rein him in.

2. In two months we'll have House Committees that can do everything the special counsel can do except prosecute crimes.  They can subpoena, they can have public and private hearings, they can put people under oath and send perjury charges to DOJ if they lie, they can even call Mueller and friends. And they will immediately go into full court press mode if Trump acts to hamper the investigation.

3.  Sessions is a terrible garbage human being who was an awful attorney general, and watching him endure a year of humiliation followed by losing his job was a pleasure.

Two questions (sorry if this has been answered) - 

1) How long can Whitaker remain "acting Attorney General"? Doesn't he have to get congressional approval? (This will be a GOP rubber stamp, so I guess it doesn't matter)

2) How long before Whitaker fires Rosenstein?

People seem concerned about this Sessions thing and what it means for the Mueller investigation.  I am not concerned, for three reasons:

1. Mueller no doubt was ready for this. He had months to prepare. I'd expect indictments and leaks to the press if they try to rein him in.

2. In two months we'll have House Committees that can do everything the special counsel can do except prosecute crimes.  They can subpoena, they can have public and private hearings, they can put people under oath and send perjury charges to DOJ if they lie, they can even call Mueller and friends. And they will immediately go into full court press mode if Trump acts to hamper the investigation.

3.  Sessions is a terrible garbage human being who was an awful attorney general, and watching him endure a year of humiliation followed by losing his job was a pleasure.

Renato Mariotti‏Verified account @renato_mariotti

4/ Unless Whitaker is confirmed by the Senate, however, he will not oversee the Mueller investigation. For right now, until/unless Rosenstein is fired, Rosenstein still oversees the Mueller investigation.

I guess this means Rosenstein is next?

Renato Mariotti‏Verified account @renato_mariotti

4/ Unless Whitaker is confirmed by the Senate, however, he will not oversee the Mueller investigation. For right now, until/unless Rosenstein is fired, Rosenstein still oversees the Mueller investigation.

I guess this means Rosenstein is next?
I assume Rosenstein will be out in the next day or so.

Designation of Whitaker as "Acting Attorney General" at all is a big power grab based on Bush II making the same grab when Gonzalez stepped down.  

Users who are viewing this thread