Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn

OAN raising the Skolkovo project from a few years ago. I don’t know much about it. 

@ren hoek @SaintsInDome2006 what are the Biden implications here?  It looks like the Clinton foundation funneled some money into it and it has military espionage implications. Readers Digest version?

OAN...going to guess zero actual implications...

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

OAN...going to guess zero actual implications...

Agree that the source is terrible. I am just curious as to what happened. Here’s a link the The Hill that discusses it. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/429292-the-case-for-russia-collusion-against-the-democrats

eta yes, an oped. Again I’m just curious as to what went down. 

Edited by -jb-

Just now, -jb- said:

Agree that the source is terrible. I am just curious as to what happened. Here’s a link the The Hill that discusses it. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/429292-the-case-for-russia-collusion-against-the-democrats

Id put that link barely above OAN...not the Hill...but Solomon himself.

I blieve the Hill was investigating the articles he had posted on their site.

His opinions typically have not aged well when it comes to Russia and Ukraine (and that link even has him going to Uranium One).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Trump just declassified  everything  in connection  to Russian hoax

What hoax?

9 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Trump just declassified  everything  in connection  to Russian hoax

So it’s Hail Mary time?

• Like 1

How do we know it’s everything?  Honest question. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

So it’s Hail Mary time?

He has asked for some of this before...the DOJ blocks it in court.

11 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He has asked for some of this before...the DOJ blocks it in court.

Barr probably knows there’s damaging stuff in there for Trump - andTrump has no clue

Posted (edited)

This got me thinking of another Hail Mary that actually would probably swing real votes.

If re-elected I will declassify all files on UFOs/aliens, Kennedy assassination, and all supernatural happenings. No redactions!”

:tinfoilhat:

I mean I still wouldn’t vote for him....but I’d pause for a moment.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

37 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Trump just declassified  everything  in connection  to Russian

This is inaccurate.

He didn't declassify anything; he merely "authorized" things to be declassified. (link)

(And, to be more accurate, we don't know if he really authorized all of the declassification; all we know at this point is that he tweeted about authorizing it.)

Also, he's lying when he says there will be "No redactions". So far, several redactions have remained.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2020 at 8:44 PM, [scooter] said:

This is inaccurate.

He didn't declassify anything; he merely "authorized" things to be declassified. (link)

(And, to be more accurate, we don't know if he really authorized all of the declassification; all we know at this point is that he tweeted about authorizing it.)

Also, he's lying when he says there will be "No redactions". So far, several redactions have remained.

Well, looks like we'll find out. On the record. Publicly. :popcorn:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/trump-russia-declassification-lawsuit/index.html

"It's not the White House that declassifies information. It's the President," Judge Reggie Walton of the DC District Court in Washington said in a hearing Friday. 

"Don't I need to know what the President's position is and not what White House counsel's statement is?" Walton added.

Walton said in court Friday he needed to know what the President actually wanted -- and if Trump would "retract" his public statements ordering the documents' release.

The judge asked for the White House counsel's office to confer directly with Trump and report back to court by next week, when he'll hold another court hearing Wednesday. The judge also set a deadline of Tuesday at noon for DOJ to file a declaration "by the President or an individual who has conferred directly with the President" on what his declassification statements meant.

"The American public has a right to rely on what a President says his intent is," Walton said.

Edited by BigJim®
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 6:44 PM, [scooter] said:
On 10/6/2020 at 6:01 PM, quick-hands said:

Trump just declassified  everything  in connection  to Russian

This is inaccurate.

UPDATE: Trump administration tells judge that Trump was NOT declassifying everything in connection to Russia, but was merely delegating authority to AG Barr

Oh man, I thought Trump was gonna put it all out there to prove the deep state was corrupt, out to get him, and the MSM was in their pocket to create the "Russia Hoax".  You mean that's not true?

• Like 1

Someone remind me: how many guilty pleas and indictments came out of this?

On 10/20/2020 at 5:43 PM, Gr00vus said:

199 criminal charges, 37 indictments or guilty pleas, and 5 prison sentences

Corroboration of allegations in the Steele dossier. He didn't bat 1.000, but he did hit on a lot of these.

This isn't "nothing" a "hoax" or even an invesigation  started by democrats.  Those are all lies.

Why was the investigation launched? The FBI opened “Crossfire Hurricane” on July 31, 2016, after learning a Trump campaign aide may have had advance knowledge that Russian intelligence operatives had stolen Democratic emails.

A diplomat revealed that the aide, George Papadopoulos, had boasted to him that he had heard Russia had damaging information on Democrat Hillary Clinton that it could release to harm her campaign.

That May 2016 conversation triggered alarms within the FBI since the Russian hacking operation, which resulted in the public disclosure of thousands of hacked emails, was not yet public knowledge.

Here's more

In 2016, Donald Trump’s campaign chairman shared polling data with an associate suspected of ties to Russian intelligence. Another Trump associate sought inside information about Democratic emails stolen by Kremlin operatives. The candidate himself invited Russia to hunt for his opponent’s emails, then tried to stifle investigators once he entered the White House.

Link

• Like 3

Secret intelligence exists that ‘would cast Trump in very negative light’, warns ex-FBI chief

‘It’s almost incomprehensible to me that he would want that information out,’ says Andrew McCabe

Former acting FBI director Andrew McCabe has warned that classified intelligence from bureau’s investigation into President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign ties to Russia could contain information that would “risk casting the president in a very negative light”.

Mr McCabe has been at the centre of a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, in which a Republican-controlled panel is reviewing the FBI’s recision to initiate the investigation.

He testified before the panel on Tuesday and told lawmakers that officials had a “duty” to carry out the investigation due to the information they had collected. Mr McCabe personally approved the decision to investigate Mr Trump for possible obstruction of justice.

In an interview with CNN on Friday night, Mr McCabe was asked what the risks were if more information from the Russia investigation was to be declassified.

CNN anchor Andrew Cuomo said Mr Trump was told by Devin Nunes, a close ally of the president’s and former chair of the House Intelligence Committee, that if more previously unreleased information comes out, the more it will appear that the president was “framed”.

“From your knowledge, is there anything that could come out that people would look at and say, ‘wow, I can’t believe they ever included the president in this analysis, he and his people clearly did nothing’?” asked Mr Cuomo.

Mr McCabe replied: “There is some very, very serious, very specific, undeniable intelligence that has not come out, that if it were released, would risk compromising our access to that sort of information in the future.

“I think it would also risk casting the president in a very negative light - so, would he have a motivation to release those things? It’s almost incomprehensible to me that he would want that information out, I don’t see how he spins it into his advantage, because quite frankly, I don’t believe it’s flattering.

Asked if Mr McCabe thought there was more “bad stuff” about Mr Trump that wasn’t already publicly known, he replied: “There is always more intelligence, there is a lot more in the intelligence community assessment than what is ever released for public consumption.

“The original version of that report was classified at the absolute highest level I have ever seen. We’re talking about top secret, compartmentalised code word stuff, and it would be tragic to American intelligence collection for those sources to be put at risk.”

The FBI has been accused by the Senate Judiciary Committee of going “rogue” with the Russia investigation, with one senator describing it as the “biggest scandal in the history of the FBI” on Tuesday.

Mr Trump has repeatedly railed against the FBI for the investigation and maintained there was “no collusion” between his 2016 presidential campaign and Russia.

In 2019, after a report by former FBI director Robert Mueller concluded that Mr Trump’s campaign did not conspire with Russia during the 2016 election - but did not clear him of obstruction of justice - Mr Trump tweeted: “No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!”

During the hearing on Tuesday, Mr McCabe pointed out that Mr Trump fired then-director James B Comey in 2017 after Mr Comey refused to close an investigation into the president’s national security at the time, or say publicly that Mr Trump himself was not under investigation.

Mr McCabe said: “It became pretty clear to us that he did not want us to continue investigating what the Russians had done.

“We had many reasons at that point to believe that the president might himself pose a danger to national security and that he might have engaged in obstruction of justice, if the firing of the director and those other things were geared towards elimination or stopping our investigation of Russian activity.”

• Thinking 1

Declass everything!

Its interesting that McCabe seems to recall more information in a CNN interview than he did in front of the panel. 

What's going in the Mike Flynn case? I've lost track. The full panel reversed the Rao-Henderson writ ordering dismissal, so the case went back to Judge Sullivan to schedule a hearing, and then I don't remember hearing anything after that.

On 6/5/2017 at 4:12 PM, Gr00vus said:

Illegitimate President Trump.

asking for a friend 

Edited by HellToupee
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1