What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.03 for a bundle of picks (1 Viewer)

TheBottomLine

Footballguy
I was offered 1.03 for a package of my picks.  

Rosters aside, which value do you like more?

or 

2.08, 3.05, 3.06, 3.07, 3.08

League is 10 teams.  I have strong feelings on which side I prefer but looking for some thoughts from others.  I can provide more league info if needed.

I understand the draft is supposedly deep. That being said, I dont see much value in 3rd rounders. I'd take the 1.03. 

1.3 in a landslide. Honestly if this were the 2.3 I might still take it over all those late picks.

It's also IDP.   3rds are much more valuable in a deep IDP league where we start 11 defensive guys.  With probably 5-10 IDP guys selected in first couple rounds, many good offensive guys are pushed back into third.  For instance at 2.08 I can probably get a guy that goes in late 1st of non-IDP leagues.  Not saying that's how it should be, saying that's how my league drafts.  

Not at all shocked by your responses though, that's what I expected when my league dynamics aren't really a part of the equation. 

I was offered 1.03 for a package of my picks.  

Rosters aside, which value do you like more?

or 

2.08, 3.05, 3.06, 3.07, 3.08

League is 10 teams.  I have strong feelings on which side I prefer but looking for some thoughts from others.  I can provide more league info if needed.
why would you even need to think this one over? The 1.03 is waaaaaayyyyy more valuable than those long shot picks.

ETA: Even with the new information about IDP, still seems like a no-brainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
why would you even need to think this one over? The 1.03 is waaaaaayyyyy more valuable than those long shot picks.

ETA: Even with the new information about IDP, still seems like a no-brainer.
I don't think it is nearly that simple.  For one, this wasn't offered, but it was part of a much larger trade.  The other part of the deal is in his favor and this is his way of bridging the gap.

In a salary cap league that I'm in which has a very complex sheet of bylaws and is commished by a FBGuys staff member, it has rookie pick value charts.  His pick is valued at 2200.  My picks are 900, 720, 700, 680, and 660, for a total of 3660.  Not only are those the numbers but in my head I see it the exact same way.  

I know, why did I post it if I was so dead set on my thinking?  I just wanted to hear other opinions and I'm still glad that I got them.  Perhaps me hitting on Allen Robinson (maybe), Davante Adams (maybe), Devonta Freeman, Deone Bucannon, and David Johnson in the past few drafts in this same 2nd-3rd round range has me a bit over-optimistic, as well as taking Doctson/Kevin White in the 1.03 range of the past two.  They still may be great though, time will tell.  With 50-man rosters, I think 5 top-28 picks is worth more than that.  Then again, if I had 1.03 I would want something similar.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it is nearly that simple.  For one, this wasn't offered, but it was part of a much larger trade.  The other part of the deal is in his favor and this is his way of bridging the gap.

In a salary cap league that I'm in which has a very complex sheet of bylaws and is commished by a FBGuys staff member, it has rookie pick value charts.  His pick is valued at 2200.  My picks are 900, 720, 700, 680, and 660, for a total of 3660.  Not only are those the numbers but in my head I see it the exact same way.  

I know, why did I post it if I was so dead set on my thinking?  I just wanted to hear other opinions and I'm still glad that I got them.  Perhaps me hitting on Allen Robinson (maybe, lol), Davante Adams, Devonta Freeman, Deone Bucannon, and David Johnson in the past few drafts in this same 2nd-3rd round range has me a bit over-optimistic, as well as taking Doctson/Kevin White in the 1.03 range of the past two.  They still may be great though, time will tell.  With 50-man rosters, I think 5 top-28 picks is worth more than that.  Then again, if I had 1.03 I would want something similar.  
Well, you'd probably be better off providing all information up front.

Also, guys like David Johnson, Devante Adams and Devonta Freeman went far earlier in all of my dynasty leagues than late second/third - so that's a disconnect as well.

Also, guys like David Johnson, Devante Adams and Devonta Freeman went far earlier in all of my dynasty leagues than late second/third - so that's a disconnect as well.
Well I didn't want to turn it into a discussion about my entire deal.  Just wanted to discuss the picks.  Apologies. 

agree with the Dr... more information gets more in depth answers.

If it's a split rookie/fa draft, it's close. I value 3rd round picks very high since the players have been to training camp. All my drafts have 2 rounds in May and 2 rounds in August. 

Getting picks 18,25,26,27 and 28 back is not exactly getting the shaft.

In an IDP league particularly, owners will  often reach for IDP and, like you've already seen, push some nice prospects into that mid 20's range.

I take the picks.

Users who are viewing this thread