What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Super Bowl Odds released in Vegas (1 Viewer)

Johnny Detroit

Footballguy
Eight teams still remain in the hunt for Super Bowl LI, but that did not stop oddsmakers at the WestGate SuperBook in Las Vegas from releasing 2018 Super Bowl Odds. Super Bowl LII will take place on February 4, 2018 from Stadium U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota and as of now the New England Patriots are favored to win it all at 5-1 (already bet down from the opener of 6-1). The Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers are the next choice in Vegas at 10-1, followed by the Seattle Seahawks and Atlanta Falcons at 12-1. My Detroit Lions are sadly near the bottom of the pack at 60-1 odds at the SuperBook.

On the NFC and AFC Conference Championship front, the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers at 5-1 are picked to win the NFL and the New England Patriots are the choice in the AFC, followed by the Pittsburgh Steelers are 5-1. The 49ers and Browns are the long-shots at 150-1.

Complete list of 2018 Super Bowl Odds

Latest SB LII odds

TEAM

ODDS

TEAM

ODDS

TEAM

ODDS

TEAM

ODDS

Patriots

+475

Lions

+4000

Cowboys

+900

Texans

+4000

Packers

+1000

Bengals

+5000

Steelers

+1000

Dolphins

+5000

Falcons

+1200

Saints

+5000

Broncos

+1600

Eagles

+5000

Vikings

+1600

Titans

+5000

Raiders

+1600

Washington

+6600

Seahawks

+1600

Bills

+6600

Panthers

+2500

Jaguars

+6600

Colts

+2500

Chargers

+6600

Chiefs

+2500

Rams

+7500

Giants

+2500

Jets

+7500

Cardinals

+3300

Bears

+10000

Buccaneers

+4000

Browns

+15000

Ravens

+4000

49ers

+15000

Id bet the cardinals. They had a really strong team this year that lost 5 games due to special teams problems. Special teams is something that can be fixed pretty easily. Their odds might improve depending on what they do at QB, so if you like them bet them now.   I can easily see the cardinals bouncing back and getting the #1 seed next year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Id bet the cardinals. They had a really strong team this year that lost 5 games due to special teams problems. Special teams is something that can be fixed pretty easily. Their odds might improve depending on what they do at QB, so if you like them bet them now.   I can easily see the cardinals bouncing back and getting the #1 seed next year. 
I am not saying that you're wrong, but I was curious how you thought the QB situation could get stronger in ARZ? Cutler? Glennon? Palmer actually had one of the best years of his career last year so I don't think you can assume he'll play better as he turns 38 before the playoffs begin.

I think part of the reason the ARZ odds are so long is because both Calais Cambell and Chandler Jones are unrestricted FA's that ARZ will have a tough time keeping and we still haven't seen honey badger back to 100%. They look to be more thin at both RB and WR than they were last year. If Fitz ever starts to show his age in a big way this could be a team that missed it's window.

I really like Raiders, Bucs, even Cardinals. I'm not a big fan of the Cardinals but they have one of the best offensive weapons in the game and a pretty good defense yet. That's a good combo to at least make it to the playoffs. They will be a bounce back team for sure this year. They should win that division 

Others mentioned in here: Seattle, Carolina... no thanks. Decent odds but IMO they are on the downside; neither will likely make the playoffs IMO. Wildcard will go to Bucs/Falcons and Washington/New York Giants.

I actually may put down some cash on the Bucs... 

Bucs and Texans are worth a flyer
If I had to take just one team I'd take the Texans. They might matchup better against NE than any other team in the NFL, when Watt and Clowney are active. If they had a competent QB they might have beat NE this season. So I'd take them and hope they land Romo or get something going at QB.

Also they invested heavily in WR's in the draft last year and I think we'll see considerable year two improvement from that group.

Ravens too, just because of 40-1.  They make they playoffs more often than not, and are one of the teams that give the Pats trouble.

I thought you were right, but apparently not. I was surprised
Interesting, you could put $100 on every team and lay out $3,200.  You would then lose if one of the top 13 teams won the SB.  But win if one of the bottom 19 won it. 

If you felt bullish on any of bottom teams could be a calculated risk...

Even though the return at $475 isn't great, NE looks to be in great position to repeat. Gronk coming back, potentially two first round picks with a trade of Jimmy G forthcoming, and $62 million in cap room to work with. Winning two of the past three SB's, they will continue to be an in-demand destination for seasoned veterans looking for a chance to win a ring. 

I believe Tom Brady has won his last super bowl.  It's been a great run but Brady and Belichick have enjoyed their last confetti drop together.  Time for the Titans and Raiders to spend a little time near the top of the AFC.  

Even though the return at $475 isn't great, NE looks to be in great position to repeat. Gronk coming back, potentially two first round picks with a trade of Jimmy G forthcoming, and $62 million in cap room to work with. Winning two of the past three SB's, they will continue to be an in-demand destination for seasoned veterans looking for a chance to win a ring. 
You seem to like the Patriots, a bit.

You seem to like the Patriots, a bit.
I do like the Pats, but if other teams were in better situations I would suggest those teams were better options. For example, in the 2013 AFCCG in DEN, I said the Pats had basically no chance to win that game. That being said, the Pats track record is pretty good.

The Jets at 100/1 is worth a $100 bet. Yea, wicked longshot, but they are talented, have a coach who produced a winning season with them before, and if they somehow get a competent QB between now and August, they have a small chance of making the SB. It's a better chance than any other longshot.

I am not saying that you're wrong, but I was curious how you thought the QB situation could get stronger in ARZ? Cutler? Glennon? Palmer actually had one of the best years of his career last year so I don't think you can assume he'll play better as he turns 38 before the playoffs begin.

I think part of the reason the ARZ odds are so long is because both Calais Cambell and Chandler Jones are unrestricted FA's that ARZ will have a tough time keeping and we still haven't seen honey badger back to 100%. They look to be more thin at both RB and WR than they were last year. If Fitz ever starts to show his age in a big way this could be a team that missed it's window.
Currently, palmers future is up in the air. They can improve at qb from where they are at the moment by getting a commitment from palmer to play in 2017 or by trading for a good starter. 

I believe Tom Brady has won his last super bowl.  It's been a great run but Brady and Belichick have enjoyed their last confetti drop together.  Time for the Titans and Raiders to spend a little time near the top of the AFC.  
Depends what they do this offseason, as it could be lucrative, but it's possible you are correct

Currently, palmers future is up in the air. They can improve at qb from where they are at the moment by getting a commitment from palmer to play in 2017 or by trading for a good starter. 
AZ could go a lot of ways at QB this offseason... 

Could get one more year out of Palmer, strike it big in the draft and end up with a very good rookie (hey, it worked in Dallas, Seattle, Pittsburgh), Tony Romo possibly. AZ is ripe for making a run at the super bowl... I don't know why so many people are down on them. Especially in that conference... Seattle is on the downswing. LA and SF are disasters. 

In order I like:

Ravens +4000
Bengals +5000
Texans +4000
Cards +3500

A great scenario would be to get in on the Texans now and then have them get rid of that anchor Osweiler.

In order I like:

Ravens +4000
Bengals +5000
Texans +4000
Cards +3500

A great scenario would be to get in on the Texans now and then have them get rid of that anchor Osweiler.
From what I understand, it would cost them 6 million more to get rid of Osweiler than to keep him for the season. 

In order I like:

Ravens +4000
Bengals +5000
Texans +4000
Cards +3500

agreed with these but I'll take my Titans + $5000

From what I understand, it would cost them 6 million more to get rid of Osweiler than to keep him for the season. 
If they designate him a post June 1st cut it would defer the remaining $6M in dead money to the following year. However, they have to pay him his guaranteed no matter what so likely they keep him as a backup even if they do bring in someone else like a rookie or Romo, etc.

Just curious why you seem so confident that the Patriots run is over. With Brady this year, NE went 11-0 against AFC teams, with an average margin of victory of 17 points. Last year is last year and next year is next year . . . but why do the Patriots take a turn for the worst?

Just curious why you seem so confident that the Patriots run is over. With Brady this year, NE went 11-0 against AFC teams, with an average margin of victory of 17 points. Last year is last year and next year is next year . . . but why do the Patriots take a turn for the worst?
They'll still compete I'm sure.  I think the best thing going for them (other than them being an outstanding organization, of course) is they still play in the AFC East and get to play the Jets, Bills and Phins twice a year.  They'll go 5-1 (one loss to Miami) in the division next year.  That's been a big reason why they always seem to have home field advantage in the playoffs.  I think Brady will start to show signs of age next season.  Any injury to him or the offensive line will take a major toll, more so than it has in the past, imo.  He had an edge this year.  He's always been driven, but it seemed he had a little extra with the whole Goodell thing and all.  Will he have the same hunger/level of intensity next year?  Off season work outs, camp, summer practice.  He'll be 40 during the season.  I believe a lot of things will have to go right for them to do this again.  

But I don't think it will be so much of a turn for the worst with NE, but rather the emergence of other hungry teams.  And I'm not talking about the Patriots falling off.  I'm talking about Brady and Belichick winning another SB together.  I just don't see it happening again.  Just my opinion, though.  

If I were to have listed five teams the Titans would have been my next pick. They have a solid and upcoming team.
IMO 2-3 years away
You're probably right but things change quick in the nfl. (Which is why the pats are so damn impressive)

The Falcons, after seasons of 4, 6, and 8 wins didn't look like contenders last year (to me anyway) but their young defense, mvp qb, 2nd year coach, two good backs, great receiver, and bright OC led to the super bowl.  The Titans don't have all those, but they have the qb and running game. 

They'll still compete I'm sure.  I think the best thing going for them (other than them being an outstanding organization, of course) is they still play in the AFC East and get to play the Jets, Bills and Phins twice a year.  They'll go 5-1 (one loss to Miami) in the division next year.  That's been a big reason why they always seem to have home field advantage in the playoffs.  I think Brady will start to show signs of age next season.  Any injury to him or the offensive line will take a major toll, more so than it has in the past, imo.  He had an edge this year.  He's always been driven, but it seemed he had a little extra with the whole Goodell thing and all.  Will he have the same hunger/level of intensity next year?  Off season work outs, camp, summer practice.  He'll be 40 during the season.  I believe a lot of things will have to go right for them to do this again.  

But I don't think it will be so much of a turn for the worst with NE, but rather the emergence of other hungry teams.  And I'm not talking about the Patriots falling off.  I'm talking about Brady and Belichick winning another SB together.  I just don't see it happening again.  Just my opinion, though.  
I think this is where I stand. Brady's season with NE is eerily similar to Brett Favre's second to last year in the league (2009). He had a career year; best passer rating of his career, best TD:INT ratio, his most yards since 1995. He looked amazing. He turned 40 during that season. The following year... yeah pretty abysmal. I'm not saying Brady is going to be awful next year, but history has not been kind to QBs 40 and over. Sure, Brady could be the exception. But history is not on his side. 

NE should win the division, but looking at the AFC there are lot more up and coming teams. The Patriots seem to always be on top but a lot of that is because of Brady. I agree, put an injury to the OL or even Brady and I'm not sure NE is Super Bowl Champion quality. They will win their division unless there is a complete collapse with injuries or play. But look at other teams that look poised to move to the top of the AFC: Oakland, Houston, Tennessee, Baltimore is looking a lot better, Miami is coming around, heck if the Broncos get Romo or some kind of upgrade at QB they could be back at the Super Bowl next year. I agree, I think there are a lot more hungry AFC teams looking to take that next step that NE has more to contend with. They will still find success but I agree that to say they will win another Super Bowl is just as likely as any other team, maybe a little less considering the competition is getting better

Interesting odds. As of this moment- I do think the cowboys at 9-1 is intriguing as one of the "favorites". They are almost getting 2x the payback of the Pats- so I like them most out of the "favorites".

In terms of longshots- the Cheifs at 25-1 are pretty intriguing. It's hard to trust them- but 25-1 makes them a nice value bet in my mind.

Interesting odds. As of this moment- I do think the cowboys at 9-1 is intriguing as one of the "favorites". They are almost getting 2x the payback of the Pats- so I like them most out of the "favorites".

In terms of longshots- the Cheifs at 25-1 are pretty intriguing. It's hard to trust them- but 25-1 makes them a nice value bet in my mind.
Until you remember who their QB is.

This could be the bitter, ex San Diego Chargers fan talking, but if I were anywhere near Vegas in the coming months, I would be all over the Chargers at +6600. They have had one of the better offenses in the league for several years and with Bosa leading a strong pass rush and possibly the league's top duo of corners, they might finally have a defense that comes close to the quality of the offense. That and it would really, really be nauseating to see Spanos win anything, so if that were to happen, I would at least like to make some money off of his good fortune.

Overcoming a legacy of losing, as well as what promises to be one of the crappiest home field advantages will work against them, but I do think, unfortunately, that they could be a force for the next couple years as long as Rivers has anything left.

Users who are viewing this thread