What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baseball guys (1 Viewer)

Rebels042

Footballguy
What are the possibilities of creating baseball guys? Football has killed it all year and because of you my friends call me the NBA stud (basketball guys is awesome). 

I'm totally interested if they do this. I've relied on BaseballHQ for all of my season-long and daily advice. They aren't quite up to snuff on the position player plays in daily though. Their stats analysis is second to none though.

Baseball is a tough grind if you aren't ready for it. I suspect they've had some pains adjusting to the true daily nature of the NBA, so at least that shock should be in the rear-view mirror. 

Baseball is my second favorite sport and I watch a ton of games but it's hard to win in DFS consistently. First you have to get the P right and then need whatever studs you paid up for to come thru. I did much better on FD before they redid their scoring system last year.

Baseball is my second favorite sport and I watch a ton of games but it's hard to win in DFS consistently. First you have to get the P right and then need whatever studs you paid up for to come thru. I did much better on FD before they redid their scoring system last year.
Love the new scoring system and I had a lot of success playing last year.

Even more so than the NFL, cash LUs and GPP LUs are so very different!

But I agree, at least for cash LU, getting the Pitcher right is key to winning

I had a lot of success in cash going, Big Favorite Pitcher at Home, high total game one team stack, and then selecting strong cash players (high floor) at the remaining positions

For GPPs I was all over the place but liked most of all

2 team stacks from a single game and team stacks from high run total games mostly using either 2,3,4 or 3,4,,5 or 9,1,3 and then choosing a mid range SP that has a high strike out to walk ration

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the new scoring system and I had a lot of success playing last year.

Even more so than the NFL, cash LUs and GPP LUs are so very different!

But I agree, at least for cash LU, getting the Pitcher right is key to winning

I had a lot of success in cash going, Big Favorite Pitcher at Home, high total game one team stack, and then selecting strong cash players (high floor) at the remaining positions

For GPPs I was all over the place but liked most of all

2 team stacks from a single game and team stacks from high run total games mostly using either 2,3,4 or 3,4,,5 or 9,1,3 and then choosing a mid range SP that has a high strike out to walk ration
 I use the same strategies just never seemed to pick the right P to hit in GPP and never seemed to have enough of the right players at Coors. So many 8+ run games where Arenado got me like 1-lol.

:blackdot:

I'm in New York, so I was limited to Fantasy Aces last baseball season.  Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but it turned out to be my best DFS season ever.  Looking forward to baseball season already, as I'm very mediocre (i.e., a  :fishy: ) at NBA.

:blackdot:

I'm in New York, so I was limited to Fantasy Aces last baseball season.  Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but it turned out to be my best DFS season ever.  Looking forward to baseball season already, as I'm very mediocre (i.e., a  :fishy: ) at NBA.
I played almost exclusively FA for MLB late last year. Loved it. I would piddle on FD after a buddy turned me on to FA, but the 2 SP and MUCH tighter salaries made it far more enjoyable to me. Plus their beginner contests were really soft. If anyone wants to join them, PM me and I'll send you an invite so I can get a little kickback. 

Users who are viewing this thread