What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

“Is O.J. Innocent? The Missing Evidence.” January 15th on Investigation Discovery (1 Viewer)

I think there is more of a chance OJ is innocent than global warming is a hoax.  @jonessed @jon_mx @NE_REVIVAL disagree, but hey...science is stupid amirite?  
That would be an argument of roughly 0% versus 0%.

Actually give me a a good idea for a TV show:

"Global Warming, the Great Hoax of the 21st century"
OJ Simpson: the man who committed global warming

OJ Simpson v Global Warming, you decide

Global Warming: hoax or OJ Simpson's penis? 

From an academic perspective regarding criminal law concepts, I absolutely love the OJ case because it allows me to say this:

OJ Simpson was very likely not innocent but he was also very likely not guilty and the jury made the correct legal decision based on the evidence presented. 

I absolutely do. 
I want to pay you $37,000,000 US Dollars. Unfortunately I need to pay the bank transfer fee which I don't have available, that fee is $147,778. If you wire me the transfer fee money, I can then send you the $37,000,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woz and FC are using the word guilty in totally different ways.
The word guilty means "responsible for committing a crime."

We don't need to rehash the fact that he was acquitted in a court. 

Simply stated, he murdered two people - a TV show title; "OJ was found innocent" doesn't have much sizzle to it.

I want to pay you $37,000,000 US Dollars. Unfortunately I need to pay the bank transfer fee which I don't have available, that fee is $147,778. If you wire me the transfer fee money, I can then send you the $37,000,000.
Again, from a purely academic perspective, this is why I love this case. "Not guilty" doesn't mean what you think it means. It merely means that there's some reasonable doubt as to whether he did it that a trier of firmly isn't firmly convinced. In this case, the planting of the blood evidence by police is enough to get here. 

Not withstanding and not at all legally contrary to my above statement, I'd still wager most of my money that he did it. 

Again, from a purely academic perspective, this is why I love this case. "Not guilty" doesn't mean what you think it means. It merely means that there's some reasonable doubt as to whether he did it that a trier of firmly isn't firmly convinced. In this case, the planting of the blood evidence by police is enough to get here. 

Not withstanding and not at all legally contrary to my above statement, I'd still wager most of my money that he did it. 
Trier of fact

I fully get what you're saying, but I don't even like hearing it argued - guy is a murdering lowlife. 

I don't think you understand what guilty means in a court of law.

The OJ verdict simultaneously represents a best and worse aspect of our justice system.

A criminal prosecution should stand up to the most rigorous defense possible.

Any ordinary citizen without OJ's fame and wealth would've been found guilty.

From an academic perspective regarding criminal law concepts, I absolutely love the OJ case because it allows me to say this:

OJ Simpson was very likely not innocent but he was also very likely not guilty and the jury made the correct legal decision based on the evidence presented. 
How can someone be both?

I have zero doubt in my mind he absolutely brutally murdered both Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.  The problem was you only need one juror to have one shred of doubt.....and in this case there were several that had doubts. The prosecution blew it. This was also very early in the DNA era of collecting evidence and the entire case was a giant circus. Karma did bite them though. OJ is a sociopath and convict. Cochran died of brain cancer. So karma has a way of biting you in the ###.

The ESPN 30 for 30 was fantastic and harrowing. It really showed how crazy OJ was. He was a controlling maniacal person and anyone with any shred of common sense knows OJ murdered them in cold blood in brutal fashion in a rage of jealousy only a scorned lover can exhibit. But the L.A. PD and the Prosecution botched the entire case, beginning with the fact they filed it downtown in Los Angeles instead of in Brentwood where his true peers lived. OJ a face of the African American community....bhwahahahahahahahaha what a joke that was. That jury was not one of his true peers in the least bit.

It was a joke right from the start. And then there was Mark Furhman.....my lord. Doomed from the start.

I have zero doubt in my mind he absolutely brutally murdered both Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.  The problem was you only need one juror to have one shred of doubt.....and in this case there were several that had doubts.
He was acquitted, they all clearly had doubts.

fantasycurse42 said:
He was acquitted, they all clearly had doubts.
I think a couple (2 max)  were bulldogged into a not guilty verdict. Personal opinion. Being sequestered that long.....and a mis-trial? Was not going to fly. 

But it does not matter. The doubt was brilliantly created by a top legal defense team that only the best could by. Barry was the star IMO. He brought it home with the DNA collection doubt and the doubt created by the blood swatches and that some blood appeared planted (poured) not splattered.....it was a great defense.

Too bad though because a brutal murderer walked free. A tragedy of justice for the victims and their families.  

Users who are viewing this thread