What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Feel like discussing my team? (1 Viewer)

Snorkelson

Footballguy
Ppr, 12 team. Q/rr/www/te/k/d/flex

Stafford

Dak

rg3

blount

kelley

dixon

abdullah/Washington

booker

richard/washington

evans

parker

sharpe

floyd

C coleman

wright

hardy

gates/henry

devalve

gostkowski

stream d

took over this past year, in mid rebuild. Another rebuilder has 1.4 and 1.6, touched base with him to say I'll listen if he wants to talk, but likely wouldn't trade until after NFL draft. Kind of bored so figured I'd make this post.

qb- I'm happy here, I'll dump rg3 likely. 

Rb- certainly cook or fournette would help. Couldn't sell Blount for a dime ?, no real difference makers here. id need a lot to happen to have 2 starters here.

wr- obviously where dyno is made. Not terrible, but certainly not a championship wr core. Hoping stills leaves and Parker gets a bump, although moving him while his stock isn't destroyed may be the thing to do. Hoping Floyd impresses tb/bb in NE.

te- like Henry of course, want to add a backup but not imperative. 

Thoughts are appreciated.

I would agree that you have some work to do at RB and WR.  I would actually look to move the 1.7 pick for some WR help if you can.  Look for WR2 guys that have blow up potential based on changes in offense, role, or team.  You have a couple in Parker, Coleman, and Floyd (if he can stick with NE).  The more of these guys you can get the more chance you have at hitting. 

For RB, I would start with your 1.2 pick and hope that one of those guys goes to a favorable situation.  I might also look to see what the AP owner thinks of him and see if you can get him cheaply.  I think he has a bounce back year and will let you have a serviceable RB for next year why some of your younger guys pan out.  RB isn't as important as it used to be because after Bell/Johnson/Zeke they are virtually all the same.  There is always someone that comes out of nowhere and is serviceable so you don't get hurt at that spot. 

I think you are fine and TE and wouldn't even worry about getting a back up.  There are always weekly plug in guys you need in a pinch but Henry should be a set it and forget it TE next year.  I would rather take a shot at another lottery ticket WR and play the waivers for a back up TE as the season is going. 

I would probably also drop the kicker and defense (if your league allows you to) to get more chances at RB/WR tickets.  You can always fill in these positions as you see which of your tickets are busts and can be let go.

In the midst of a rebuild process things are quite simple.  With each pick you go BPA without concern for need.  I wouldn't worry if I had serviceable RB or not.  I wouldn't care if I was over loaded at a position or two.  Things I might do.  Shop Stafford to see what kind of value he has and if he is worth moving.  I would also shop Kelley and Dixon.  I think Kelley has limited PPR value so if I got something I really liked I might bite.  I read somewhere that Baltimore would like a big play RB.  Dixon might be a sell high if you can find the right buyer.  

Thanks warhogs. I was thinking of trying to pair 1.7/Parker to try and upgrade wr but finding a logical partner has been an issue. Im not sure I could get a whole lot for Dixon pre draft but he's on the block.

So no real movement, but wanted to gauge some value here, as multiple teams have multiple 1sts and I could trade back at several points or move up. My picks are a little different, I think I had some wrong and I've moved two later picks for one earlier. Before I start making offers I just want to see if it seems like fair value. I've tried 1.07+rb to move up a few spots but no bites. I'm not really in love with cook or fournette, so moving back from 1.02 is where I'm leaning. Hoping I can deal 2.02 for a 2018 1st while on the clock, always good to secure a future 1st. 

1.2, 1.07, 2.02, 2.03, 2.11, 3.03

give 1.02

get 1.04, 1.06

give 1.07 

get 1.10, 1.12

give 2.02, 2.11

get 1.10

1.04, 2.04, 2.05

Last edited by a moderator:
I would try to trade Evans. If you can get the 1.4 and 1.6 plus ( nor sure what else, maybe an 18 1st.)  for him that would be a good start to the rebuild. The problem with rebuilds are that you can get stuck in the middle where you get picks 5 to 8 but never can get out of that rut. Trading Evans gets you lots of pieces and helps your pick be high again one more year. I think if you can get the 1.10 for those 2 2nds that would be good also.  I believe in the Sam Hinkie model of rebuilds. 

Give 1.02/1.07/wright

get julio

not sure this is the right move for a rebuild but the value seems right. Thoughts?

I'm not sure if any of the above were offers or thoughts but I'm guessing thoughts.  I frankly wouldn't be too interested in moving down for additional picks based on your roster.  I think with 6 picks already that more picks just makes it hard to carry the young guys when you already have a lot of youth on the bench.  You are pretty set at QB for a while, RB is a disaster, your WR could be Ok if Parker and Coleman work out but you are lacking after that.  I think you really need to add some RB help so pick 1.02 would be a prime spot to address that but if you could get pick 4 & 6 for 2 I would do that.  I would be a bit surprised to see that happen.  I also don't see a team trading the 10th and 12th picks for the 7th.  I really don't like the next 2 offers for you.

I think in the end I might look for a few deals for some young veterans with those picks or just pick unless you can get one of those first 2 deals.  If you don't love the RB in this draft maybe inquire on Gurley after a bad sophomore season.  If you like Henry as a prospect go after him?  If I were doing something before the draft maybe package 2.2 or 2.3 along with 2.11 or 3.03 for a 2018 first maybe?

Give 1.02/1.07/wright

get julio

not sure this is the right move for a rebuild but the value seems right. Thoughts?
I would say I might do that if you were a little closer and had maybe one very good RB and a decent one but I think I pass with your team RB situation.  I just feel you are a couple pieces short for making a deal like this.

I'm not sure if any of the above were offers or thoughts but I'm guessing thoughts.  I frankly wouldn't be too interested in moving down for additional picks based on your roster.  I think with 6 picks already that more picks just makes it hard to carry the young guys when you already have a lot of youth on the bench.  You are pretty set at QB for a while, RB is a disaster, your WR could be Ok if Parker and Coleman work out but you are lacking after that.  I think you really need to add some RB help so pick 1.02 would be a prime spot to address that but if you could get pick 4 & 6 for 2 I would do that.  I would be a bit surprised to see that happen.  I also don't see a team trading the 10th and 12th picks for the 7th.  I really don't like the next 2 offers for you.

I think in the end I might look for a few deals for some young veterans with those picks or just pick unless you can get one of those first 2 deals.  If you don't love the RB in this draft maybe inquire on Gurley after a bad sophomore season.  If you like Henry as a prospect go after him?  If I were doing something before the draft maybe package 2.2 or 2.3 along with 2.11 or 3.03 for a 2018 first maybe?
Just thoughts, seeing if value wise those seem like equitable offers. I agree I can't roster everyone so simply having more picks isn't the goal. I don't think Cook/fournette are as head and shoulders above the rest of the class as everyone else and the hyped rb class is overhyped a bit. The julio offer was sent to me today.

I continue the rebuild and sell everything, but Henry, Dak, and Evans. Those 3 guys are young enough that when you add in all the guys you draft this year and next year you should be competing in 2018 if you draft well, or 2019 at the latest.

Made a couple moves-

gave 1.07/booker

got 1.05 (didn't like what I saw out of booker and wanted to get into top 6)

gave parker

got brate/2.01

considering Miami just resigned stills in happy to recoup 1st rd value here. 

Now have 1.02, 1.05, 2.01, 2.02, 2.03, 2.11, 3.03

Made a couple moves-

gave 1.07/booker

got 1.05 (didn't like what I saw out of booker and wanted to get into top 6)

gave parker

got brate/2.01

considering Miami just resigned stills in happy to recoup 1st rd value here. 

Now have 1.02, 1.05, 2.01, 2.02, 2.03, 2.11, 3.03
Now moved 1.05/2.01 for 1.03/3.07. 

I wasn't a huge fan of giving up on Booked but now with the next move I like it a bit more.  You moved from 1.07 to 1.03 for Booker and a swap back from 2.01 to 3.07.

I wasn't a huge fan of giving up on Booked but now with the next move I like it a bit more.  You moved from 1.07 to 1.03 for Booker and a swap back from 2.01 to 3.07.
I just wasn't that impressed with booker, he's older than the usual rookie and had some moments but I don't think he has a lot of room to get better. McCoy does utilize the rbs though so we will see. Not enough targets for Parker and he doesn't seem to want to put in the time. I had offered the 2.03, he countered with 2.01 and I wasnt going to let that stand in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread