What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serpentine Drafts (1 Viewer)

Joe6

Footballguy
I'm the commish of an 18 round keeper redraft league with 10 owners.  You can keep any player drafted the year before, but you give up 3 rounds each year.  If you drafted a guy in the 12th round this year, you can keep him in the 9th the following year, the 6th they year after that, etc.  We draft inverse to your finishing position.  Last place drafts 1st, league winner drafts 10th.  I currently use a serpentine draft system.  Does anyone have experience switching from serpentine to non-serpentine?  Any thoughts as to if one is better than the other?  Thoughts are appreciated.

How many players do  you keep?  I wouldn't think doing a reverse order from the standings makes much sense if you aren't keeping the majority of your team.  I also think it hinders a bit when you are already being penalized by losing three rounds of draft position by keeping the player.

I would suggest doing away with a draft all together and go with an auction.  This is the fairest way for player dispersal.  Depending on how many players you keep year to year you can institute a rookie draft to disperse rookies based on last year's standings (if you keep the majority of your team).  Then assign a dollar value for the round taken to give the value for future year keepers against the cap. 

Users who are viewing this thread