What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Fantasy NASCAR 2017 (1 Viewer)

In as Occupy Victory Lane again this year, which we did as many times last year as Danica did.  Thanks for setting this up.

:mellow:

In NASCAR's continuing effort to make Dale Earnhardt roll over in his grave, today they announced further details about the new segmented format. During the break between segments 1 and 2, drivers will be required to stand on the pit road wall and lead the fans in the Hokey Pokey.  During the break between segments 2 and 3, they will perform the Macarena. "Other sports have a tradition of fan interaction during the game," said NASCAR CEO Brian France. "This will be our version of the 7th inning stretch."

I actually witnessed a "live" Fantasy NASCAR draft at Nick's in Bloomington, IN. 4 or 5 guys were there with several others on a cell phone conference call. It was quite amusing as at least 2 of the participants pre-gamed like it was race day.

I am more than likely to be let down, but the thought of the new format is drawing me back in.  I used to the the mow the lawn early on Sunday so I could watch most of the race type in the late 90s & early 2000s but my interest faded big time.  Now I found myself picking up chicken wings supplies for Sunday's race.  

The Daytona 500 is one of the few races that transcends the drudgery of the endless Cup season.  I'll tune Sunday for as much as I can, in part because I just miss racing. 

New rules on display in the truck race tonight.  The field has been reduced by 1/3 after 25 laps due to damaged cars exceeding their five minutes in the pits.  One of the crashes happened while racing to the line at the end of the first 20 lap segment.

New rules on display in the truck race tonight.  The field has been reduced by 1/3 after 25 laps due to damaged cars exceeding their five minutes in the pits.  One of the crashes happened while racing to the line at the end of the first 20 lap segment.
When like 11 cars finish Talledega the rule will be changed.  Until then, crashfest 2017 will be a blast to watch.

When like 11 cars finish Talledega the rule will be changed.  Until then, crashfest 2017 will be a blast to watch.
I've never been a fan of cars several laps down taking up space on the track. I'd rather watch 11 contenders racing for a win than watch a bunch of also-rans banging off each other and causing multiple restarts.

I've never been a fan of cars several laps down taking up space on the track. I'd rather watch 11 contenders racing for a win than watch a bunch of also-rans banging off each other and causing multiple restarts.
No argument here, but the sponsors will want those expensive rolling billboards out on the track if at all possible.  

In. Does their NASCAR game not work in their app? I live in that app for other leagues but I'm not seeing nascar in it just the big 4.

Bump for more entries

Hope everybody gets all the wrecking out of their systems in today's Xfinity race.

The segments are a dumb idea and adding a GWC is even dumber.  It's especially pointless in Xfinity when many of the lead pack are Buschwhackers ineligible for championship points.

I don't think I have anyone left. Crash fest all weekend. Hopefully it's just a restrictor plate thing and not the norm for the year.

I have just lost interest over the years.Need more feuds like Earnhardt Waltrip and Earnhardt Elliot than point tinkering in my opinon.

I did do pretty good today though.

Last edited by a moderator:
26 teams in.  That's down from previous years but still a decent turnout.

With one race in, I'm OK in concept with the pitlane repair rule.  The five minute interval might take some tweaking because the clock starting at pit-in decreases the time available for repairs,  But even under yellow, a car spending five minutes in the pit isn't going to be in contention.  If eliminating cars that are taped together reduces the number of late-race debris cautions, that's a good trade-off for me.

I'm not a fan of the segments although I admit I changed my dog walking plan around the end of stage two yesterday. 

I do not understand nascars or fantasy sports, but I think I just joined. maybe this will give me something to talk about in chat.

Users who are viewing this thread