What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BIG PPR dynasty offer. take it or keep what I got (1 Viewer)

CabinFever

Footballguy
Give: M. Gordon, Cooks, M. LeeGet: Julio, Crowder, WinstonNote: Luck is my QB and only backup is Bradford. I'm extremely deep at WR and RB. Don't mind posting entire roster, but in a vacuum would you take this deal?

League context is always important and an answer given in a vacuum may not be the same if more information is given. Might or might not make a difference here.

That said...you are getting a significant upgrade with Julio over Cooks, with Crowder edging Lee (although that may be a wash). So it could be argued you are essentially trading Gordon for Winston, which is a pretty steep price to pay for a backup QB, unless it is an extremely QB friendly league as per scoring and even then you are just acquiring insurance for Luck.

If you have legitimate concerns about Luck (for whatever reason, including injury history) then I guess the deal is justified if Gordon is expendable. However if you just need a backup QB possibly to fill in for a few during the season, you get that at a much cheaper price IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a done deal? Saw it in the trade page. I think it's a fair deal both ways. cooks may lose value in 1-2 yrs like DT in Denver, julio and crow have solid qbs with lots of years left. Lee is a throw in to me, bye week filler. Gordon had a real nice bounce back, and a new coach. McCoy is a gone, and he has made offenses tick for the last few years, even with tebow. Long term I like the deal for you.

*even if wisenhunt is retained, I think McCoy is a difference maker

I like the Julio side. Agree on the Coaching change with Gordon not being good for him. Cook's is a #2 wr on his team now and who know how long Brees has left. And Id rather have Crowder than Lee.

I think this is a fairly easy accept.  You get the best player in the deal by a long ways.  I am not a fan of Cooks because of his extreme bust potential for any given week.  He is a great asset in a best ball format but extremely frustrating in typical leagues.  Too much of a chance of a zero game. 

Gordon was really good this year but many things fell into place for that to happen.  Losing Woodhead early, having no other RB's that were any good, and losing Keenan Allen all contributed to his huge season.  Don't get me wrong, he is a solid every week RB starter but I don't think he is the stud he was this year. 

Lee was a nice WR3/Flex this year as was Crowder (for most of the year).  These guys are a wash. 

Winston is a nice trade piece for a QB needy team down the road and gives you some insurance. 

Nice deal for you.

I like the Julio side if the side trading Gordon can afford to take a RB hit.  Julio is the best player.  I think Crowder has upside to be better than Cooks just not as highly valued at this time.  Winston also has huge upside.  Gordon has had injury issues 2 years now.  Lee just have a career year?  The Julio side seems safer and feels like higher upside to me.

Users who are viewing this thread