What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Too much for OBJ? (1 Viewer)

TheBottomLine

Footballguy
PPR Dynasty.  Start 2 RB and 3 WR.

GIVE:  Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman, DeAndre Hopkins, Davante Adams, Rookie Pick 1.08.

RECEIVE:  Bilal Powell, Jonathan Stewart, Cameron Artis-Payne, Odell Beckham Jr.  

My RBs: (Listing only the teams if I have their entire unit)

Arizona, Minnesota, Atlanta, Detroit, Paul Perkins, Dion Lewis

My WRs:

DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, TY Hilton, Sammy Watkins, DeVante Parker, Randall Cobb, Kevin White, Quincy Enunwa, Phillip Dorset, Ty Montgomery, Sammie Coates.

Is this worth doing considering I have the depth?

I like OBJ a lot, he's a top 3 dynasty commodity but that looks like too much IMO. The stuff you're getting with OBJ is almost worthless.  Remove (1) Hopkins or (2) Adams and move the pick to a 2nd. 

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR Dynasty.  Start 2 RB and 3 WR.

GIVE:  Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman, DeAndre Hopkins, Davante Adams, Rookie Pick 1.08.

RECEIVE:  Bilal Powell, Jonathan Stewart, Cameron Artis-Payne, Odell Beckham Jr.  

Is this worth doing considering I have the depth?
I think it is a bad deal no matter much depth you got.

Jax is probably acquiring a RB via draft or free agency, so Stewart will be cut and Artis-Payne at best is again a backup (and really didn't show that much when he filled in for Stewart).

Powell is arguably worth the 1.08, so that may be a wash, although I don't think you get that price right now in most leagues, guess more like an early 2nd.

That leaves Freeman/Coleman/Nuk/Adams and that is way too much for OBJ, even though he may be the #1 ranked WR.

What about this one?  

Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman, DeAndre Hopkins, Jamie Collins, 1.08

FOR 

Melvin Gordon, Danny Woodhead, Branden Oliver, OBJ

Anyone who doesn't play IDP, look at Jamie as a 2nd rounder.  

Hated the first one.  Second one is much better.  I am Ok with it.  The Gordon injuries each of his first 2 years concerns me.  It all comes down to how much gap you see between OBJ and Hopkins.  If you feel this last season is an indicator Hopkins won't be a top 5ish WR then it looks good.  If you think Hopkins bounces back or you worry about OBJ and his mental outbursts and how they effect him long term then maybe not so much.

Unless you really dislike Lewis, it feels like an overpay to me. Then again, I don't have OBJ much higher than Hilton. 

Cjw_55106 said:
Unless you really dislike Lewis, it feels like an overpay to me. Then again, I don't have OBJ much higher than Hilton. 
Don't like Lewis all that much more than Williams.  OBJ is arguably the number 1 dynasty player, so I certainly don't see how it is an overpay.  

Users who are viewing this thread