What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Inauguration (1 Viewer)

If it doesn't rain I'll be playing disc golf, otherwise binge watching the Crown or Sneaky Pete. That lineup of 3 Doors Down, Toby Keith and Lee Greenwood sounds amazing though. Yeee haw make Amurrica great agin.

If it doesn't rain I'll be playing disc golf, otherwise binge watching the Crown or Sneaky Pete. That lineup of 3 Doors Down, Toby Keith and Lee Greenwood sounds amazing though. Yeee haw make Amurrica great agin.
It's a shame conservative entertainers have to stay in the closet. I don't blame them for choosing not to perform over having their careers destroyed.

It's amazing how many people care who is performing at a presidential inauguration.  The only thing I remember from the Obama inauguration is the stupid Russian hat Jay-Z was wearing.  Wait a second...

https://goo.gl/images/6TY0p5

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to fire this up. 
Speaking of, the company I work for is providing a lot of the temporary heat for the festivities. Pretty cool (no pun intended), doesn't mean anything to me but it's cool to see our stuff around :thumbup:

One should, from the link:

The Palmer Report is typically well sourced and usually points to credible sources.
We shouldn't pigeonhole them.  Just because they've been well sourced in the past, doesn't mean this story is legit.

I don't think a guy that filled up arenas with rabid fans will have to pay to get people to his inauguration, which should be anything but empty.
One wouldn't think he would pay people to cheer and applaud at his recent press conference either, but he did.

We shouldn't pigeonhole them.  Just because they've been well sourced in the past, doesn't mean this story is legit.
I think that the direct quote from the link reads

"These media sources are highly biased toward liberal causes.  They utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Sources in this category may be untrustworthy."

sublimeone:

It's a shame conservative entertainers have to stay in the closet. I don't blame them for choosing not to perform over having their careers destroyed.
Hmmm, that doesn't make sense. For the past 2 months we've been told again and again that Donald Trump has been given a mandate by the voters, and that the Democratic party has been virtually decimated, and that America is finally returning to its conservative roots. If those things are true (and not just Trump-voter fantasy), then conservative entertainers should all be eager to perform at Trump's inauguration.

sublimeone:

Hmmm, that doesn't make sense. For the past 2 months we've been told again and again that Donald Trump has been given a mandate by the voters, and that the Democratic party has been virtually decimated, and that America is finally returning to its conservative roots. If those things are true (and not just Trump-voter fantasy), then conservative entertainers should all be eager to perform at Trump's inauguration.
Unfortunately, The People's Republic of Kalifornistan still hold a lot of sway in the entertainment business. 

Unfortunately, The People's Republic of Kalifornistan still hold a lot of sway in the entertainment business. 
Wayne Newton, Ricky Martin, Brooks and Dunn performed for Bush. I am fine with it though, no reason to have celebrities perform at this thing. Less pomp and is fine with me. 

Trump should have ditched the celeb angle and instead went with HS and College Marching Bands and orchestras playing patriotic music.  He looks like a piker having Chachi singing up there. 

No matter who it is...it's an interesting event.  Went in 1993 as a senior in HS
Yes this is her thoughts exactly. She works in politics, fundraising, is 26 and is excited. He wasn't my first choice but I think it would be exciting to go.  

Da Guru said:
Talladega College President was interviewed and said numerous people want him fired for allowing the band to play at the inauguration.  Insane...
He may be embellishing a bit, but if true, that's super lame.  But the guy's a genius for going on Fox News.  They needed to raise $75k and are now up over $400k.

Da Guru said:
Talladega College President was interviewed and said numerous people want him fired for allowing the band to play at the inauguration.  Insane...
This is lame.  I'm about as liberal as they come and if I had the opportunity I would go.  

Da Guru said:
The intolerance of the Left.

Users who are viewing this thread