What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

EPL (that's futbol/soccer) - Fanduel (1 Viewer)

Bobcat10

Footballguy
Is anybody playing EPL?  Looks like they are already on week 22 or something like that.  

I've gotten in a few free and low cost tournaments and had some success.  Had a nice placing in the Sweeper last weekend with a score of 190.  Not sure how really....I know next to nothing about the teams or the sport.  That tournament also did not fill (about 900 entries short), so I'm wondering if that is common?  

All I've done so far is drill into the players to see how they have been scoring lately to build a team.  I'll check Rotowire on match day to make sure my guys are starting.  Maybe read an article or two on Rotowire/Rotoworld.  

Where I have failed miserably is with the goalies.  Any tips here?  I know somebody (BassNBrew?) said the goalies on the bad teams can sometimes score big by getting a bunch of saves.  Makes some sense, but those players probably don't have the upside of a clean sheet (shutout).  

Any other good, and basic, resources/websites/knowledge you would like to share?  Can we win some money here together?

Is anybody playing EPL?  Looks like they are already on week 22 or something like that.  

I've gotten in a few free and low cost tournaments and had some success.  Had a nice placing in the Sweeper last weekend with a score of 190.  Not sure how really....I know next to nothing about the teams or the sport.  That tournament also did not fill (about 900 entries short), so I'm wondering if that is common?  

All I've done so far is drill into the players to see how they have been scoring lately to build a team.  I'll check Rotowire on match day to make sure my guys are starting.  Maybe read an article or two on Rotowire/Rotoworld.  

Where I have failed miserably is with the goalies.  Any tips here?  I know somebody (BassNBrew?) said the goalies on the bad teams can sometimes score big by getting a bunch of saves.  Makes some sense, but those players probably don't have the upside of a clean sheet (shutout).  

Any other good, and basic, resources/websites/knowledge you would like to share?  Can we win some money here together?
Goalies get 3 points per save and also points for clearing the ball and passing.  Valdes had 10 saves when he played MU for 30 points.  I really don't know how to predict goalies so I try to go cheap, preferably a bench guy who is catching a spot start and underpriced.

EPL is really all about goals.  You get 20 for a goal (5 for a shot and 15 for the score).  Best to pick guys who shoot often if you're playing gpp.  I might not worry about this for cash.  You're going to have to stud up for one forward to have a shot a winning and then guess right on the forward who scores once every 5 games.  

If football and NBA are 50% luck and 50% skill, then EPL is 80% luck and 20% skill.  Shot misses 1 foot wide you get zero, if it sneaks in you get 20 points.  In the NFL if your guy get tackled on the one yard line after a 55 yd receipt, you get 6 pts instead of 12.

I like Kyle Walker as a defender.  He's gotten pricey but gets up the field often and creates a lot of chances.  Shame he's playing City this week.

Bobcat10 said:
Here is the link I've been using:

http://www.rotowire.com/soccer/soccer-lineups.htm

My lineup sucked this weekend, only played $2 though.  I checked the lineups at about 8:30am and everything looked good.  But, I had a player sit, so I'm thinking you have to check closer to 10am.
:thumbup:

That's what I was going to post. 

Do none of you play on DK at all for other sports like EPL, hockey, basketball?  I noticed the thread title changed to FD. 

Anyway, I think I am going to look at soccer more.  I have had more luck with that than some of the others.  I think a lot has to do with being able to take the week to look at stuff like football.  I think BBball might move too quickly for me, and I am usually getting dinner ready and getting kids to practice during the hour before games and can't keep up with the injuries.  I have gotten burnt by more than a few 0s this year already on limited playing. 

Do none of you play on DK at all for other sports like EPL, hockey, basketball?  I noticed the thread title changed to FD. 
The thread title had Fanduel in it when I created it.  That's where I predominantly play, but I have some limited funds in DK that I dabble with now and again.

That said, alot of info can be used across multiple sites.  For example, if a backup is getting a bump, he's probably good value all over.

Golf is coming to Fanduel also.  Not sure what the interest is in these things and if they deserve their own thread, that's sorta why I posted this one.

The thread title had Fanduel in it when I created it.  That's where I predominantly play, but I have some limited funds in DK that I dabble with now and again.

That said, alot of info can be used across multiple sites.  For example, if a backup is getting a bump, he's probably good value all over.

Golf is coming to Fanduel also.  Not sure what the interest is in these things and if they deserve their own thread, that's sorta why I posted this one.
Oh for sure.  Just noticed that in Basketball there is a big difference in salaries sometimes, just like in football, so a big thing is to figure out if player X is a good play on both sites, or just one of them.   Also weird with the different position designations on DK for soccer and basketball and using the utility position. 

I seemed to be one of the few that liked DK more for football, so I was just curious if people just played the other sports on FD because that's where they were for football, or there was something with the scoring, structure, games, etc.. that they didn't like on DK for other sports. 

I guess it won't matter much soon when they merge.  I wonder what stuff from each site they are going to bring along for the ride.

I guess it won't matter much soon when they merge.  I wonder what stuff from each site they are going to bring along for the ride.
So far it's been adding sports to FD to match what DK offers. Hoping they don't add late swap as that favors the pros and west coast time zone player s.

So far it's been adding sports to FD to match what DK offers. Hoping they don't add late swap as that favors the pros and west coast time zone player s.
I love DK's scoring - it's basically what I use in my FF leagues.  But, yeah, I could also do away with the late swap - like you said, it favors people sitting by their computer all day. 

RW seemed to like Cech more. 
Ok, and so did some other site I just found a nice writeup on.  I'm moving to Cech.

Looks like there could be some nice value at D tomorrow but you'd have to be checking in close to start.  Arnold 4400 if Clyne sits and whoever starts for Sunderland.

Kone is in for Sunderland so I'm on that.  Clyne is playing so nothing to see there.  I don't see Walcott listed for Arsenal so I had to make some last minute changes.

F - A. Sanchez and A. Gray

M - Delle Alli, S. Defour, and Sigurdsson

D - Kone and B. Jones

G - Cech

Kone is in for Sunderland so I'm on that.  Clyne is playing so nothing to see there.  I don't see Walcott listed for Arsenal so I had to make some last minute changes.

F - A. Sanchez and A. Gray

M - Delle Alli, S. Defour, and Sigurdsson

D - Kone and B. Jones

G - Cech
Cashed with a score of 150.  Siggy was huge again and those defensive plays were fine.  What went wrong?  Arsenal lost to Watford and one of the most popular picks in Delle Alli put up a 2.75pt stinker.  Tottenham's potent offense was said to roll Sunderland and they didn't even score!

Goalie Heaton on BRN scored 29pts and was 26% owned, but I never read anything about him.  

The winning lineup in the 3k gridiron contest notched 80pts from two defenders 1% owned.  That's craziness.  The next few lineups below him were very different except they all had Heaton and most had Siggy.  

Anyone know what 5050 cut lines looked like?  This game seems very unpredictable, but I think winning at 5050s consistently could be possible.  

Cashed with a score of 150.  Siggy was huge again and those defensive plays were fine.  What went wrong?  Arsenal lost to Watford and one of the most popular picks in Delle Alli put up a 2.75pt stinker.  Tottenham's potent offense was said to roll Sunderland and they didn't even score!

Goalie Heaton on BRN scored 29pts and was 26% owned, but I never read anything about him.  

The winning lineup in the 3k gridiron contest notched 80pts from two defenders 1% owned.  That's craziness.  The next few lineups below him were very different except they all had Heaton and most had Siggy.  

Anyone know what 5050 cut lines looked like?  This game seems very unpredictable, but I think winning at 5050s consistently could be possible.  
Sanchez not connecting on that PK cost me at least $350.  

I'm done for the year.  As you said, totally unpredictable and not enough contests to smooth that out.

Users who are viewing this thread