What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (4 Viewers)

Toledo senior RB Terry Swanson scored three touchdowns and rushed for 116 yards on 29 carries in a 27-17 victory over Northern Illinois on Thursday.

Much of the talk of the Toledo offense is about the passing, but Swanson (5'10/205) is no slouch of a runner, and has now gone over 100 yards in six of the last seven games for Toledo. Two of the touchdowns were from short-yardage (four and one yard, respectively), but his 13-yard scamper was a big one that gave Toledo a 17-14 lead in the third quarter. Swanson will try and make it seven of eight games next week when Toledo plays Ohio.

Executive 1: Mayfield
"This is an easy one. I'd go with Mayfield. He has a better arm.

Executive 4: Rudolph
"Rudolph has some issues, too, but he takes better care of the ball, he's more accurate down the field and he has a better arm.

:lmao:  
It’s such a general term sounds like they have two different views of what “better arm” means. Hell what does it actually mean? Strength, throwing motion, fast release? 

Tex

Greetings -

I have tabulated a lot of 2018 mock drafts (thanks Faust for the all the links) and averaged the data.  I took the average and got a generic VBD number based on ZWK's work (thanks ZWK). 

Info on ZWK’s methodology is at 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/755600-generic-rookie-rankings-2017/

I will try to update every month or so as Faust keeps the info flying.  Lots of questionable mocks, however I find it as a general guide and thought I would share.  Looks to be a top heavy RB rookie draft in 2018 dynasty.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KNg1GOaJFzCiBgYKxIjSqPtOdDdAf_oqwZnlg7nn_D8/edit?usp=sharing

M.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't know how some of the talking heads on TV keep their jobs. A few days ago I heard Trevor Matich say Darnold needs to go back to USC because if he comes out this year he'd be a third or fourth round pick. Really? Really??

Memphis redshirt senior WR Anthony Miller caught six passes for 46 yards with a touchdown in a 41-14 victory over Tulsa on Friday.

It's one of Miller's worst games in terms of yardage of the last two years, but even in a quiet game, the former walk-on was able to make a difference. His touchdown was a beautiful corner-route from Riley Ferguson from 18-yards out to give the Tigers a 21-14 lead late in the second quarter. Even if the numbers pale in comparison to last year, Miller has still been one of the key reasons that Memphis has a chance to play in a quality bowl this winter.

Nov 3 - 11:28 PM

Marshall senior TE Ryan Yuracheck caught three passes for 37 yards and two touchdowns in a 30-25 loss to Florida Atlantic on Friday.

Yurachek (6'3/240) didn't get many targets, but he was still able to find the end zone twice. The first was a five-yarder from Thundering Herd quarterback Chase Litton at the top of the third quarter to make it 16-10 FAU, and his second score was a diving effort from 15 yards to pull within a touchdown at 30-23 with just five minutes left. Yurachek is one of the better senior tight ends in the FBS this year, and could be a mid-round draft pick. Marshall gets Western Kentucky next week.

Virginia Tech senior WR Cam Phillips caught seven passes for 101 yards in a 28-10 loss to Miami (FL) on Saturday.

Without Phillips, this would have been a shellacking. Even though he didn't score, he was the only player on the Virginia Tech offense who was a semblance of a playmaker for the Hokies. His biggest play was an impressive 32-yarder where he mistimed his jump and still was able to come down with the ball over a defender. Phillips and the Hokies will try and rebound next week against Georgia Tech.

Dante Pettis set the NCAA record for most punt returns for touchdowns on a 64-yard return against Oregon on Saturday.

Pettis took a shallow kick, made two men miss, and did the rest. He breaks the record of eight that was held by former Sooner Antonio Perkins and former Texas Tech star Wes Welker. Pettis also became the all-time leader in return yardage on the play in the Pac-12 conference.

Source: Dave Mahler on Twitter

Boise State senior WR Cedrick Wilson caught five passes for 80 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 41-14 win over Nevada.

The Broncos were clearly feeling frisky in this one, as Wilson also attempted two passes on trick plays. He completed both for a total of 46 yards. More traditionally, the 6-foot-3, 183-pound senior made a 44-yard touchdown grab with 12 minutes remaining in the second quarter. Wilson is working to a 50-828-6 receiving line. Boise State's offense has wobbled at times this year, but the wideout has been a game-in, game-out standout.

Wyoming junior QB Josh Allen completed 10-of-20 passes for 138 yards and ran for 60 yards in a 16-13 victory over Colorado State.

One thing to keep in mind when you look at this stat line is that both teams were essentially playing in a blizzard. Still, another game where Allen struggles with accuracy, but does show impressive burst on the ground. He was also much more accurate in the second half, so all and all, this was probably more of a positive for his scouting tape than a negative. Wyoming gets Air Force next week.

Hawaii senior RB Diocemy Saint Juste rushed for 111 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries in Saturday's 31-23 loss to UNLV.

Saint Juste was held in check to the tune of 40 yards rushing against San Diego State last weekend, but he returned to his usual brilliant ways on Saturday. With his 111 yards versus UNLV, the 5-foot-8, 185-pounder has now turned in six games of at least 100 yards on the ground. He's surpassed 200 yards three times and is now up to 1,245 yards through nine games played. So long as he can avoid injury, he has a shot at finishing with one of the best rushing campaigns in all the FBS this year.

Oklahoma State senior QB Mason Rudolph completed 28-of-54 passes for 448 yards with five touchdowns and two interceptions in a 62-52 loss to Oklahoma on Saturday.

Rudolph's completion percentage isn't great, but it isn't indicative of how well he and the Cowboys offense played on Saturday. With Oklahoma seemingly unstoppable on offense tonight, it put a lot of pressure on the Cowboys to score, and they scored. A lot. He found Tyrell Johnson and Marcell Ateman twice for scores, and he found his favorite target James Washington for a touchdown strike as well. One of his interceptions was a last second bomb that meant absolutely nothing. Rudolph should be able to keep the offense going -- and hopefully get some help from his defense -- next week against Iowa State.

Oklahoma senior QB Baker Mayfield completed 24-of-36 passes for 598 yards with five touchdowns and two interceptions in a 62-52 victory over Oklahoma State on Saturday.

Wow. What a football game, assuming you don't mind a lack of defense from both sides. Mayfield was sensational again, and also added a rushing touchdown for good measure. His go-to receiver was Marquise Brown on this one, and he found him for two scores and 265 yards of receiving. He found three other receivers for scores in this one, and outside of a pick in the red zone that nearly cost the Sooners, he made the right decision and showed off his impressive ability to throw in the pocket or on the run. It's time to take Mayfield more seriously as a Heisman Trophy candidate, if you weren't already. Oklahoma has another big game next week against TCU.

Nov 4 - 8:27 PM

State senior QB Ryan Finley completed 31-of-50 passes for 338 yards, three touchdowns and an interception in Saturday's 38-31 loss to Clemson.

Finley did superb work in this one, nearly pushing the Tigers to overtime. He guided the Wolfpack into the red zone in the closing seconds before ultimately being picked off on fourth down to end the contest. The senior gunslinger has thrown at least one touchdown pass in all nine of NC State's games this season, though only four of those contests have seen him throw for more than one score.

redshirt sophomore QB Sam Darnold completed 20-of-26 passes for 311 yards and two touchdowns with one pick in a 49-35 victory over Arizona on Saturday.

Darnold (6'4/220) really made only one mistake; an interception in the end zone when USC was looking to put the Wildcats away. Take away that throw, and he was as good as he's been in 2017. He had impressive zip on both his 27-yarder to Stephen Mitchell and his 22-yard strike to Tyler Vaughns. His best throw, however, was a wheel route to Ronald Jones where he was rolling to his left and he put perfect touch on the 33-yard completion. Darnold will look to stay hot next week against Colorado.

San Diego State senior RB Rashaad Penny ran for 234 yards and three touchdowns on 20 carries in a 52-7 shellacking of San Jose State on Saturday.

Now, this is a big number, but the most impressive thing about this number is that Penny didn't have a single carry after the 12:27 mark in the third quarter. One can't help but wonder what kind of yardage he could have put up on the Spartans if he had more carries. Still, it's the second straight game that the 5-foot-11, 200-pound tailback has gone over 200 yards, and he has five touchdowns in those games. He's very good. Expect more fireworks next week against Nevada.

Nov 5 - 1:32 AM

Washington senior WR Dante Pettis caught four passes for 87 yards with a touchdown in Saturday's 38-3 blowout win over Oregon.

Pettis (6'1/185) also scored on a punt return touchdown, which set the NCAA record for most returns for touchdowns in a career. His receiving touchdown came on a beautiful 47-yard throw from Jake Browning near the top of the third quarter to give the Huskies a 24-3 lead. Pettis and Washington will look to stay on top of the Pac-12 North next weekend against Stanford.

Oregon senior RB Royce Freeman rushed for 122 yards on 24 carries in a 38-3 loss to Washington on Saturday.

Freeman was the only effective offensive player for the Ducks, and that somehow seems like an understatement. The 6-foot, 230-pound tailback was able to make the Huskies miss -- particularly early -- but the lack of a threat of a passing game from Oregon made those rushing yards go for not. The Ducks need Justin Herbert back. They take on Arizona next week.

My man-crush for Penny lives on. I taped that game and will watch it today. I recently acquired a top 5 pick that could be 1 or 2 and he’s my target. I love his game and think it translates well at the next level.

Tex

Washington junior RB Myles Gaskin ran for 123 yards on 17 carries in a 38-3 destruction of Oregon on Saturday.

The Huskies once again leaned on the run in this one, and Gaskin (5'10/190) was again the lead back in their potent rushing attack. His touchdown was a 34-yarder where the Washington faked a reverse, and Gaskin rushed by the defense that bit on the fake. He had another impressive 20-yard run where he basically cut through the entire Oregon defense. His vision and ability to cut is as good as any back in the country. Gaskin and the Huskies have a big matchup with Stanford on Friday.

Colorado senior RB Phillip Lindsay ran for 80 yards and two scores on 23 carries in a 41-30 loss to Arizona State on Saturday.

Lindsay was able to get the two scores, but was mostly bottled up by the resurgent Arizona State run defense. His best play of the night was a 60 yard pass from Stephen Montez to set up a touchdown. His rushing scores came from six and one yards in the second quarter when Colorado had control of the game. That didn't last long. Lindsay and the Buffs take on USC next week.

Colorado senior WR Shay Fields caught six passes for 128 yards with a touchdown in a 41-30 loss to Arizona State on Saturday.

Fields (5'11/185) has gone above 100 two weeks in a row, and has scored in both of those games as well. His score this week was a 54-yard bomb from Stephen Montez to give the Buffaloes a 27-17 lead late in the third. Unfortunately for Colorado, they didn't do much more on offense, and the defense fell apart. Fields could make it three century yardage games in a row next week against USC.

Arizona State senior RB Demario Richard ran for 189 yards and a touchdown on 25 carries in a 41-30 victory over Colorado on Saturday.

Richard (5'10/220) was excellent against the Buffaloes, who gave up 381 rushing yards in this one. His touchdown was a five-yarder, but his 63-yard burst set up the game-winning score to Eno Benjamin that made it 34-30. It's the first time that Richard has gone over 100 this year, but with the way Arizona State was committed to running the ball this week, it may not be his last. The Sun Devils take on the awful UCLA run defense next week

Saw Darnold yesterday, but I got a concussion during the game beating my head against the wall in the 4th quarter hearing the announcers talk about him throwing everything except a football - lots of darts and lasers, but no passes or footballs.

Seriously though, USC didn’t let him throw much at all in the first half.  Kind of a head scratcher there.  The INT was terrible.  D player was right in his line of sight and it looked like he just flat out didn’t see him.  I don’t see how a future NFL QB makes that mistake.  The TDs and the wheel route were great passes.  The rest of his work was pretty much nondescript.  He doesn’t throw his guys open much.  

Given everything I’ve seen so far this year IMO he ought to spend another year in college.  He’s pretty clearly not ready for the bigs, but he could be with some more tutoring at the college level.

Saw Darnold yesterday, but I got a concussion during the game beating my head against the wall in the 4th quarter hearing the announcers talk about him throwing everything except a football - lots of darts and lasers, but no passes or footballs.

Seriously though, USC didn’t let him throw much at all in the first half.  Kind of a head scratcher there.  The INT was terrible.  D player was right in his line of sight and it looked like he just flat out didn’t see him.  I don’t see how a future NFL QB makes that mistake.  The TDs and the wheel route were great passes.  The rest of his work was pretty much nondescript.  He doesn’t throw his guys open much.  

Given everything I’ve seen so far this year IMO he ought to spend another year in college.  He’s pretty clearly not ready for the bigs, but he could be with some more tutoring at the college level.
I’m a critic, i think he’s over hyped.

Tex

Since the success rate for junior college QBs is horrible in the NFL and he's not dominating, he would be wise to get more games under his belt before being throw to the wolves an whatever really bad team drafts him.

Users who are viewing this thread