What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Pro Football Talk's Chris Simms believes Wyoming QB Josh Allen and UCLA QB Josh Rosen have the highest floors among the 2018 QB prospects.

We've heard this with Rosen all along, but the Allen comment caught us off guard. "I have a hard time believing Josh Allen, who has the highest wonderlic score, we've seen him in a pro-style offense... the bust potential is not there." Simms is on an island with this opinion, but it might turn out to be true. Some decision makers in the NFL clearly love Allen, and he has checked the boxes along the way during the draft process.

Source: Dan Patrick Show 

Apr 19 - 11:09 AM

NFL Draft Profile: Nyheim Hines

Nyheim Hines could be the NFL’s next Alvin Kamara

Meet Nyheim Hines, the most underrated weapon in the 2018 NFL draft

Nyheim Hines: 'I'm the most explosive player in the NFL Draft'

"The 30": 2018 Cowboys draft prospect RB Nyheim Hines

Mel Kiper Jr. names N.C. State’s Nyheim Hines an ‘under the radar running back to watch’ in 2018 NFL Draft

Nyheim Hines Could Be Patriots’ Ideal Replacement For Dion Lewis

NFL.com's Lance Zierlein compared NC State RB Nyheim Hines to Houston Texans RB Tyler Ervin.

Zierlein dives deeper, saying "Hines (5'8/198) has dual-threat talent but doesn't have the size for full-time work at running back and is in need of much more work as a receiver. Hines' value to teams could rest upon how they envision using him." Zierlein projects him to be selected in rounds 3-4 but notes he could "benefit" from the recent success of Saints RB Alvin Kamara in a similar role. Hines recently visited the Cowboys and would be a great fit in Dallas as a pass-catching role player behind Ezekiel Elliott.

Source: NFL.com 

Apr 19 - 8:41 PM

Not to take away from Faust's efforts in posting all this info (sincerely) but just how many people are there out there making lists and articles about this stuff?

I just don't think I need 763 different lists of top ten RBS or fallers or risers or hidden gems or overrateds or could surprises or potential busts or...

Not to take away from Faust's efforts in posting all this info (sincerely) but just how many people are there out there making lists and articles about this stuff?

I just don't think I need 763 different lists of top ten RBS or fallers or risers or hidden gems or overrateds or could surprises or potential busts or...
We also have spent months dissecting each potential draft pick and are football junkies that need our fix. It’s not like there’s suddenly some new 40 time coming out or the tape is changing. What else are we going to do?

NFL.com Draft Analyst calls Texas A&M WR Damion Ratley "intriguing."

Jeremiah says that Ratley is a "smooth route runner" and that he has size (6'1/196) speed and strong hands. It's not the first we've heard of Ratley causing analysts some intrigue, but it's nice to hear it from someone as respected in the industry as Jeremiah. Expect to see Ratley come off the board sometime in the middle of Day 3 -- maybe as early as the fourth round.

Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter 

Apr 21 - 3:11 PM

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. lists Memphis WR Anthony Miller as his "favorite" WR prospect in the 2018 NFL Draft class.

"This is the most underrated wide receiver in this class," Kiper writes. "I just love the kid." At 5-foot-11, 190-pounds, Miller doesn't have elite size, but his production (96 catches, 18 touchdowns) is tough to beat, as his versatility of being able to line up in the backfield, slot or outside. Kiper projects him to go in the second round, and he could be a Randall Cobb-type for whomever selects the former Tiger star.

Source: ESPN 

Apr 21 - 5:08 PM

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. lists South Carolina TE Hayden Hurst as his favorite tight end prospect in the 2018 draft class.

Kiper says that it's neck-and-neck as to whether Hurst or South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert as his "best" tight end, but he lists Hurst as his favorite because of his willingness to block. The former Gamecock has faced some criticism because of his age (25) but Kiper mentions it as a potential plus, because "you know what you're going to get." Hurst has been linked to the Patriots this draft cycle, and he could be a fit for them late in the first or early in the second.

Source: ESPN 

Apr 21 - 7:45 PM

According to ESPN's Rich Cimini, "some insiders believe" the Jets have narrowed their choices to Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield and UCLA QB Josh Rosen with the third overall pick.

The Jets traded up to No. 3 with the sole intent of drafting a franchise quarterback and it looks like their choice will come down to Mayfield or Rosen. Of course, that's assuming USC QB Sam Darnold, who the Browns are considering with the first pick, doesn't slip to No. 3. There's been a lot of Mayfield buzz in New York lately, though Rosen remains a consideration. Even if he's available, it looks like the Jets will pass on Wyoming QB Josh Allen.

Related: Jets

Source: ESPN.com

Apr 22 - 8:49 AM

An anonymous NFL personnel executive said, "This is the worst wide-receiver draft I’ve seen in my life."

That executive then begged the question "Name me a first-rounder other than Ridley?" In addition to this executives pessimism on the wide receivers in this year's draft, in a poll of 14 scouts, Ridley was far-and-away the No. 1 wide receiver ahead of Maryland's DJ Moore and SMU's Courtland Sutton. Despite the hype on Ridley as this year's No. 1 WR, teams are very concerned about his athleticism. Ridley produced an abysmal athletic composite score in the 7th percentile and is " a No. 2 receiver, and on a top team he’s a No. 3," according to one scout. Rotoworld's Josh Norris has Ridley as his second-ranked wide receiver and 27th overall on his top-150 draft board. He will likely be drafted in the middle of the first round.

Source: Bob McGinn Football 

Apr 22 - 2:28 PM

Bob McGinn Football's Mark Eckel has South Carolina TE Hayden Hurst ranked as the No. 1 tight end.

Hurst will begin his age 25 season as a rookie, something that is usually a concern for most prospects but one scout said "You’ll get seven years out of him. You get seven years out of somebody, that’s a pretty good player. Reminds me of Greg Olsen." Another scout views Hurst as a player that is a little rough around the edges and said, "He’s got to be your No. 3 or No. 4 option on offense... His blocking game is still coming around... He’s still just learning the game." Rotoworld's Thor Nystrom gave Hurst a second-round grade and has him as the 48th overall prospect on his top-400 big board. He will likely be drafted in the late first or early second round.

Apr 22 - 2:56 PM

Bob McGinn Football's Mark Eckel reports "half the scouting world" are concerned about Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson's athleticism.

Multiple scouts brought up his performance against Miami where "That (R.J.) McIntosh guy got some leverage and pushed him a couple times that concerned me about him being a top-10 pick." On the other hand, An AFC personnel director with "20-plus years of experience" said Nelson was the best guard he has scouted. A different scout brought up a unique tidbit on Nelson saying "The O-line coach at Notre Dame (was Harry Hiestand, now with the Bears) is one of the best in the business. Every year he’s got somebody that comes out high in the draft and doesn’t produce as well in the NFL." Nelson is largely regarded as one of the safest picks in the draft and someone who should have immediate success in the NFL, but the questions about his athleticism are legitimate. Rotoworld's Thor Nystrom has Nelson as his fourth overall player on his Top-400 big board and expects him to be a top-10 selection.

Apr 22 - 3:40 PM

Bob McGinn Football's Mark Eckel has LSU D.J. Chark as his seventh-ranked wide receiver.

An anonymous scout said "If you like the deep ball, or least a guy that can at least scare the (bleep) out of the safety, he will be that guy. He will bring it every time to the lid of the coverage. He can run all day." Chark is viewed as a top-tier field-stretcher after recording the fastest 40-yard dash time (4.34) among wide receivers at the NFL combine. After turning in a relatively uneventful career at LSU due to poor quarterback play, Chark exploded at the Senior Bowl for 5-160-1 and tested well at the combine. He is now in play to be an early Day 2 selection and has taken visits with the Bills and Broncos.

Apr 22 - 4:38 PM

Bob McGinn Football's Mark Eckel reports "half the scouting world" are concerned about Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson's athleticism.

Multiple scouts brought up his performance against Miami where "That (R.J.) McIntosh guy got some leverage and pushed him a couple times that concerned me about him being a top-10 pick." On the other hand, An AFC personnel director with "20-plus years of experience" said Nelson was the best guard he has scouted. A different scout brought up a unique tidbit on Nelson saying "The O-line coach at Notre Dame (was Harry Hiestand, now with the Bears) is one of the best in the business. Every year he’s got somebody that comes out high in the draft and doesn’t produce as well in the NFL." Nelson is largely regarded as one of the safest picks in the draft and someone who should have immediate success in the NFL, but the questions about his athleticism are legitimate. Rotoworld's Thor Nystrom has Nelson as his fourth overall player on his Top-400 big board and expects him to be a top-10 selection.
https://goo.gl/images/KMXr2f

Users who are viewing this thread