What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn Football that Oklahoma TE Mark Andrews 'wouldn't block me.'

We're going to assume that the scout means he wouldn't be able to block him, because it would be really weird for Andrews to start blocking scouts. Unless he means on Twitter. The report is much kinder on the 6-foot-5, 256-pound tight end's receiving ability. "He’s real solid," one scout said. "He’s one of those good No. 2 type tight ends...he's a chain mover." Expect Andrews to go anywhere from the late-second round to early on Day 3.

Source: Bob McGinn Football 

Apr 25 - 2:00 PM

Being reported Sony Michel has bone on bone in knee.

Also: Mayfield released a ode to Brett Favre’s draft day that happened to have an I heart Cavs banner in the background and Josh Allen’s embarassing high school tweets have been dug up. The NFL and it’s media following really does some players dirty on this day. 

No thread for Hurst just yet so I will post this here:

Ravens selected South Carolina TE Hayden Hurst with the No. 25 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Hurst (6’5/250) will be a 25-year-old rookie after spending two seasons in the Pittsburgh Pirates’ organization, then three with the Gamecocks, tallying a career 100/1,281/12.8/3 receiving line and setting school records for a tight end in catches and yards. Hurst tested as a 46th-percentile athlete with 4.67 speed before the draft. Hurst is raw and old for a prospect, but he offers a plus pass-catching skill set and willingness to block. Even at his age, Hurst offers room for growth in a sport he wasn’t even focusing on four years ago. Hurst is yet another addition to an offensive skill group that has been complete overhauled in Baltimore.

Apr 26 - 10:55 PM

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports he's "heard a lot of buzz" about Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph and the Chargers.

Rudolph would be a great fit for the Chargers offense and have the opportunity to sit behind Philip Rivers for at least a year. The Chargers hold pick No. 48 and would likely have to trade up to select Rudolph as plenty of quarterback-needy teams pick before them. Both the Giants and Patriots have been linked to Rudolph previously and are in a good position to draft him. He will likely be selected in the top half of Round 2.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter 

Apr 27 - 1:41 PM

An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn Football that Washington WR Dante Pettis is "a better kick returner than he is a receiver."

The scout explained why he isn't high on Pettis' wide receiver ability, "he is quick, quicker than fast. They didn’t run him deep that much. He played the slot there. Inconsistent ball security." His return ability seems to be what teams will be paying attention to as the scout mentioned, "he excites you as a returner." Pettis holds the NCAA record for the most punt return touchdowns in a career with nine. He will likely be drafted in Rounds 3-4 with the potential to see the field immediately as a punt returner.

Source: Bob McGinn Football 

Apr 27 - 11:05 AM

From a purely fantasy perspective, this has to be a nightmare scenario.  Only two RB, two WR, and one TE go in the 2nd.  A bit unlikely, but it also wouldn’t shock me if some guys like Ronald Jones slip further than most think, thus clouding their outlook a bit.
Chark a 2nd round pick? Where’s Kirk, Washington, and Gallup? 

Chark a 2nd round pick? Where’s Kirk, Washington, and Gallup? 
Chark in the 2nd wouldn't be a surprise at all.  In fact, it wouldn't shock me if he came off the board before Sutton.  NFL teams loooooove them some speed.  Toss 6'4" into the equation and someone will pull the trigger on him in the 2nd.  I do think Kirk will also go in the 2nd, and likely another WR.  I'll be a bit surprised if Gallup is drafted before Sutton, Chark, Kirk or Washington.  But the order in which that group is drafted seems near impossible to gauge.  Should be a fun couple rounds tonight.

Chark in the 2nd wouldn't be a surprise at all.  In fact, it wouldn't shock me if he came off the board before Sutton.  NFL teams loooooove them some speed.  Toss 6'4" into the equation and someone will pull the trigger on him in the 2nd.  I do think Kirk will also go in the 2nd, and likely another WR.  I'll be a bit surprised if Gallup is drafted before Sutton, Chark, Kirk or Washington.  But the order in which that group is drafted seems near impossible to gauge.  Should be a fun couple rounds tonight.
I like chark, but he didn’t really get a lot of buzz outside of his combine performance. I figured 4th rd guy to take the top off. There are 6-7 WRs, 6-7 rbs, 3 tes, and a few qbs that I could envision being drafted tonight. 

Silva was boasting that he had the most accurate 2018 first round mock draft in the industry for what that is worth.

Scout Inc's Steve Muench projects the Cowboys to select LSU WR D.J. Chark with the 50th pick in his second-round mock.

The Cowboys chose to pass on the wide receiver class in the first round when they took Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch on Thursday. Muench doesn't see them passing on the position again -- assuming the pick doesn't get traded for Earl Thomas. "Chark has excellent top-end speed and the skills to put up the kind of numbers in the NFL that he did at LSU," writes Muench.

Source: ESPN 

Apr 27 - 5:16 PM

Dolphins selected Penn State TE Mike Gesicki with the No. 42 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Gesicki (6’6/247) was a three-year starting tight end, logging a 129/1,481/11.5/15 career receiving line and dropping just 2-of-59 catchable targets in 2017 (PFF). Gesicki’s stock exploded at the Combine, where he tested as a 99th-percentile SPARQ athlete with 4.54 speed, a springy 41 ½-inch vertical, and a twitchy 6.76 three-cone time. A star high school volleyball and basketball player with 34 1/8-inch arms, Gesicki is a dangerous seam-stretching and red-zone threat who struggles as a blocker.

Apr 27 - 7:54 PM

49ers traded up with the Redskins to select Washington WR Dante Pettis with the No. 44 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

The 49ers gave up the 59th and 74th overall picks to move up. Pettis (6’1/186) made 36 starts in the Huskies’ wideout corps, logging a career 163/2,256/13.8/24 receiving line and scoring an NCAA-record nine touchdowns on punt returns. He scored four punt-return TDs in 2017. Pettis shined at the UW Pro Day, running 4.47 with a 10-foot-5 broad jump and quick-twitch 6.87 three-cone time. Pettis isn’t a high-ceiling wideout prospect, but he profiles as a potential No. 3 receiver with immediate return value.

Apr 27 - 8:05 PM

Bears traded up with the Patriots to select Memphis WR Anthony Miller with the No. 51 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Chicago gave up the No. 105 pick and a 2019 second-round pick. Miller (5’11/201) was a 2 ½-year starter for the Tigers, tallying a career 238/3,590/15.1/37 receiving line with otherworldly production in his final two years (95+ catches, 1,430+ yards, 14+ TDs). PFF College charted Miller at No. 4 in yards per route run (3.47) among draft-eligible receivers, and No. 3 in yards per route run (3.43) from the slot. Miller sat out most of the offseason after suffering a Lisfranc injury in Memphis’ bowl game, but he looked at full strength for the Tigers’ Pro Day with a crisp 6.65 three-cone time and 39-inch vertical, running 4.5-flat in the forty. Old for a rookie, Miller turns 24 in October. He still profiles favorably to Sterling Shepard – who also came out "old" -- and even drew a handful of aggressive pre-draft comparisons to Antonio Brown. Bears also added Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel to their receiving corps this offseason.

Apr 27 - 8:31 PM

Jaguars selected LSU WR D.J. Chark with the No. 61 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Chark (6’3/199) was a late bloomer in Baton Rouge, making only 15 college starts but erupting for a 40/874/3 receiving line as a senior with 21.9 yards per catch. Chark eviscerated the Combine with 96th-percentile SPARQ results and 4.34 speed. A vertical target in LSU’s perennially dysfunctional passing game, Chark gained over 65 percent of his senior-year yards on throws that traveled 20-plus yards in the air. Although raw as a route runner, Chark is dangerous with the ball in his hands, scoring four career rushing TDs and two kickoff-return TDs in 2017. His inconsistent hands and lackluster college production still concerns, Chark has drawn comparisons ranging from Chris Conley to Darrius Hayward-Bay. Chark will be hard-pressed for snaps his rookie season as he'll be forced to compete with Keelan Cole, Donte Moncrief, and Dede Westbrook, among others.

Apr 27 - 9:10 PM

Steelers traded up with the Seahawks to select Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph with the No. 76 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Steelers gave up the No. 79 and No. 220 picks. Rudolph (6’5/235) made 41 starts for the Cowboys, going 32-9 with a 63.2% completion rate, 9.4 yards per attempt, and 92:26 TD-to-INT ratio. In 2017, PFF College charted Rudolph with 1,712 yards on throws delivered 20-plus yards downfield, most among all draft-eligible quarterbacks. Rudolph benefited from throwing to James Washington and Marcell Ateman, Oklahoma State’s spread offense, and slow Big 12 defenses. Rudolph is also a pocket passer only, lacking any ability to move the chains with his legs. Still, Rudolph’s sustained production, aggressive downfield mindset, and competent tools give him a shot at becoming a low-end starter. Rudolph will have a chance to grow in Pittsburgh's offense with rookie WR James Washington, who was Rudolph's favorite target at Oklahoma State.

Apr 27 - 9:55 PM

Users who are viewing this thread