What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (2 Viewers)

NFL Nation's Jenna Laine believes fifth-round WR Justin Watson may earn a roster spot only because the Bucs might not want to risk putting him through waivers.

A 6-foot-2, 225-lb SPARQ monstrosity (91st-percentile), Watson is already behind the rest of the team's receivers after missing offseason activities with a hamstring strain. Bobo Wilson and Freddy Martino aren't nearly as athletic or physical as Watson, but both have an edge over the rookie given their experience on special teams. A trio of Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Watson is one to salivate over if the Bucs make it happen in 2019.

Related: Buccaneers

Source: NFL Nation Buccaneers 

Aug 17 - 11:44 AM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2791353-2018-fantasy-football-nfl-rookies-you-need-to-know-for-your-draft#slide7

The Chicago Bears made Anthony Miller the sixth WR taken in this year's draft at pick No. 51. He gets the fantasy nod over Courtland Sutton, Dante Pettis and Christian Kirk because Miller arguably has the best situation of that group. 

The last two offseasons saw the Bears renovate their offense, starting with QB Mitchell Trubisky in the 2017 NFL draft. Trubisky didn't have much to work with, as evidenced by Kendall Wright's leading the team with a 19.4 percent target share. 

He’s finally starting to get the respect he should.

Tex

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2791353-2018-fantasy-football-nfl-rookies-you-need-to-know-for-your-draft#slide7

The Chicago Bears made Anthony Miller the sixth WR taken in this year's draft at pick No. 51. He gets the fantasy nod over Courtland Sutton, Dante Pettis and Christian Kirk because Miller arguably has the best situation of that group. 

The last two offseasons saw the Bears renovate their offense, starting with QB Mitchell Trubisky in the 2017 NFL draft. Trubisky didn't have much to work with, as evidenced by Kendall Wright's leading the team with a 19.4 percent target share. 

He’s finally starting to get the respect he should.

Tex
I Think I would disagree with the bolded.

I think Kirk is probably in the best situation. I think no matter which qb starts in AZ, it will be a better situation than Trubisky. Kirk is option 2 right now, and likely to be the 1 when Larry leaves. Miller is the 2 at best, with a qb who has not shown a lot yet.

Pwingles said:
I Think I would disagree with the bolded.

I think Kirk is probably in the best situation. I think no matter which qb starts in AZ, it will be a better situation than Trubisky. Kirk is option 2 right now, and likely to be the 1 when Larry leaves. Miller is the 2 at best, with a qb who has not shown a lot yet.
See you at the end of the year ;)

Tex

Ravens first-round TE Hayden Hurst will undergo a procedure and likely be out 3-4 weeks.

Hurst reportedly has a stress fracture in his foot and will need to undergo a procedure to have a screw inserted. His 3-4 week recovery timetable leaves him highly doubtful for the Ravens' season opener versus the Bills. The No. 25 overall pick has impressed with the reps he's taken so far in the preseason, compiling a 7-5-41-1 receiving line on 78 snaps. Nick Boyle, Maxx Williams, or No. 86 overall pick Mark Andrews will fill the void at tight end until Hurst is healthy enough to return.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter 

Aug 24 - 11:44 AM

Roc Thomas has made the Vikings' 53-man roster.

He was one of two undrafted running backs to make the team along with fellow rookie Mike Boone, who figures to be the third-string back behind starter Dalvin Cook and short-yardage hammer Latavius Murray. Thomas didn't make much headway as a ball-carrier this summer (66 yards on 17 carries during the preseason) but he shined in the passing game, nabbing seven-of-eight targets for 129 yards and two touchdowns during preseason play. It's a nice story, though the Jacksonville State alum will probably be limited to change-of-pace duty/special teams work in year one. Thomas tweaked his ankle in Thursday night's preseason finale but it shouldn't be a major stumbling block.

Sep 2 - 8:40 AM

Thoughts on Buddy Howell? Not even in the MFL system yet. Surprised the Texans picked him over Swanson for PS.  He was decent at FAU. My only concern is his 40 time and agility though Is he this years' Alex Collins when Collins joined the Ravens in 2017? Dixon injury = Lamar Miller mediocrity + Foreman injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle Lauletta - QB -  Giants

Giants coach Pat Shurmur said he is "very comfortable" with fourth-round rookie Kyle Lauletta behind Eli Manning.

New York also has journeyman Alex Tanney behind Manning and are working out Matt McGloin on Tuesday. Especially with Manning in the midst of a multi-season decline, it is not a great situation, but Shurmur says he would be fine if Lauletta is forced to play. "I like the fact that he’ll decide what he’s looking at, see it and pull the trigger," Shurmur said of his rookie quarterback. "He’s very decisive in what he does. He’s a gamer of sorts, and we’re looking forward to working with that." If Manning is not able to recover his form, the Giants will almost certainly be picking a quarterback early in next year's draft.

Source: New York Post 

Sep 4 - 8:52 AM

I know its early, but if we were to re-rank the rookies after 2 weeks, what would it look like?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread